[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like your Gundam? Super serious or Super kiddy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 123451234523456.jpg (1MB, 1280x823px) Image search: [Google]
123451234523456.jpg
1MB, 1280x823px
How do you like your Gundam? Super serious or Super kiddy
>>
Im watching Build Fighters right now and it's making me appreciate IBO a bit.
>>
>>15455089
Are you implying BF was bad?
>>
on hiatus
>>
Depends

Good kiddy: Build Fighters, X
Bad kiddy: Build Fighters Try, ZZ

Good serious: Char's Counterattack, Thunderbolt, Seed
Bad serious: Destiny, Orphans, Endless Waltz
Boring serious: Unicorn
>>
>>15455241
>good serious
>seed
I mean, eh.
I actually like seed and found it enjoyable, but I wouldn't call it the good kind of serious.
Probably decent.
In my opinion 00 did a better job at trying to be a serious story, in S2 it's arguable, but S1 was pretty grounded in its tone.
>>
>>15455241
CCA will never be good character wise
>>
>>15455252
That's because Tomino stopped writing good characters after Zeta.
>>
>>15454755
>How do you like your Gundam? Super serious or Super kiddy

Enjoyable, something IBO was not.
>>
>>15455259
>That's because Tomino stopped writing good characters [b]after[/b] Zeta

Nice try anon. Deluded fags will go to the end of the world to save Zeta. Zeta is full of fucked up (as in badly written) characters including all the main characters and secondary ones too all by courtesy of Tomino.
>>
>>15455285
Zeta has Haman. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>15455288
>Zeta has Haman. Your argument is invalid

Haman is one hell of a main character in ZZ. In Zeta she's a nobody, for pete's sake she's not even the secondary or tertiary evil character. That goes to show you just how "fucking unimportant" she really is to the plot.
>>
Both Zeta and CCA are garbage
>>
>>15455290
>In Zeta she's a nobody, for pete's sake she's not even the secondary or tertiary evil character.

- Kicks Char's ass
- Axis interferes in Gryps; Scirocco uses Haman to usurp Jamitov, and Char needed Axis to take on le Titans.
- Kicks Char's ass
- Teaches Kamille that Newtype hippie understanding doesn't work on everybody
- Only useful woman in the whole show
- Tits
- Kicks Char's ass and sets up funnels and bits for MS use
>>
>>15454755
I like my Gundam with aliens in it.
>>
>>15454755
Serious kiddy
>>
File: sssuuuuuuurrrrreeee.png (584KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sssuuuuuuurrrrreeee.png
584KB, 1280x720px
I want more gundam with obvious traps
>>
>>15455288
>>15455305
Way to go at proving his point. She was a non-character in Zeta; at best, she and Axis were more of a tool to be exploited than an actual entity, and her personality was limited to Mineva and an implied past with Char. Until ZZ expands on her a bit, she's a glorified penis-haired guard dog. Hardly a good example to prove the quality of characters in Zeta.
>>
>>15455250
>serious
he probably mean series and not serious
>>
>>15455208
Yes BF was very bad/boring/dumb.
>>
>>15454755
>MC princess-carrying his waifu
>>
File: 258731.jpg (597KB, 1573x1600px) Image search: [Google]
258731.jpg
597KB, 1573x1600px
>>15454755
Both.
>>
>>15455281
Well written
Well executed
Realistic
Protagonist winning
Antagonists exposed and defeated
Cool Animation
No drop in quality
consistantcy with characters actions and personalities

All of which, IBO was also not. i demand a reboot!
>>
>>15454755
super balls slapping on balls gay
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>15454755
Sports/competition anime with cute girls in cute robots.
>>
>>15454755
I really don't care if its super serious, super kiddy or super comedy. As long is not super obnoxious like IBO was then I will be ok with it.
>>
>>15457326
>>15457153
My biggest beef with IBO is tbqh that they took a character that is 100% my a e s t h e t i c and made him worst boy.

Also it's 1 letter away from ABO, and I'm waiting with dread for the tumblrinas to start writing dogdick rapeworld fanfiction of the main cast.
>>
>>15455241
Is X actually considered "kiddy"? Tiffa and Garroud both obliterated like 20 people at once with the satellite cannon in the 3rd episode, with Tiffa going comatose from feeling the pain and suffering of those that died all at once.
>>
>>15457874
Still kiddy. Overall tone is practically a Saturday morning cartoon
>>
File: docholiday.png (170KB, 476x311px) Image search: [Google]
docholiday.png
170KB, 476x311px
Who cares? Gundam was never good.
>>
>>15454755
Seriously kidde
>>
>>15455930
How long have you been watching Gundam?
That usually factors into enjoyment of bf.
For long-time fans generally like it because it's basically the equivalent of seeing a bunch of cool cameos, fights and references.
>>
Victory. I personally think it's the best series and was the perfect blend of kid issues and gritty war drama. Even with the nude humor and other hijinks, Victory stands heads and shoulders above its other UC counterparts.

I do wish that F91 was a TV series instead of a short movie. Or that the Jupiter Empire was actually depicted.
>>
>>15458234
>anime was a mistake
>>
>>15458855
Is it no longer a mistake?
>>
>>15454755

I like super-serious shows without weirdness.

I've said it before, but I really like Thunderbolt. It's basically my ideal of what a Gundam series should be, i.e. a story about war. Sort of like your typical war story - the protagonists are not going to cap Adolf Hitler or singlehandedly end WWII, but they're going to be knee-deep in the dead.
>>
>>15454755
>Super serious or Super kiddy
Yes.
Many have done the super serious thing fairly well, but not many have succeeded at super kiddy. G Gundam and the first Build Fighters were fantastic. BF Try was okay, but we all had high expectations of a sequel to GBF so a lot of people shit on it.
Then there are the shows that tried to to "light-hearted" without being kiddy, Turn A and G-Reco, and just felt hollow and pointless to me. AWGX, on the other hand, pulled off being hopeful and optimistic without being light-hearted and aimless. It was a serious mission in an extremely serious setting but everyone kept their head up and moved towards something better. ZZ had mood swings from serious to goofy, but was overall a good show in my opinion. Most of the rest fall into the serious half of things, and do it with varying degrees of success. The only one I thought really dropped the SERIOUS ball was Thunderbolt because it was entirely too MATURE ANIME FOR MATURE VIEWERS LIKE MYSELF. IBO hit that sweet spot of utilitarian ruthlessness without going overboard with the melodramatic angst. Like AWGX, these kids were in a very serious situation but kept their heads up and moved forward toward something better while Thunderbolt reveled in rolling around in melodramatic anguish.
>>
>>15454755
Gundam should be serious and dark like the 0079 novel or 0080, but not tryhard edgy like IBO.

When a Gundam series is super kiddy it should be like ZZ where every character is a retarded living meme, or Build Fighters which is fun because of all the pandering fanservice shit.
>>
>>15459165
Angry cripple fought a small fleet alone.
>>
File: 1490040543526.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490040543526.gif
4MB, 280x302px
I want to get into gundam but i see so many series, anywhere to start and which ones i should avoid?
>>
I haven't watched any Gundam since 00 Season 1 so I have a few questions:

- Is Season 2 of 00 worth the watch?
- How's Unicorn?
- And why does IBO get so much hate? I never paid much attention to its threads in the past.
>>
>>15459336
Just watch all of them in chronological order and make your own opinion on which one to avoid.
>>
>>15459336
Start with G Saviour, then follow it up with After War Gundam X.
>>
>>15459336
Watch one of the AU Gundams first like G, Wing, or X. They're good gateway series.

Then if you want to deal with Universal Century continuity, this is the order to follow:

- Mobile Suit Gundam
- 08th MS Team
- Gundam 0080
- Gundam 0083
- Zeta
- ZZ
- Char's Counterattack
- Unicorn (I haven't seen this series but I know it takes place right after CCA)
- F91
- Victory

You can watch Turn-A before UC series because it's something of a stand-alone, but it also acknowledges UC and AU series in a way.

Then there's the CE franchise:
- SEED
- SEED Destiny
- Stargazer is supplementary and not part of the main storyline, but still worth a watch.

And then 00 which is split into 2 seasons.

There's also AGE, but I haven't seen it so I can't comment.
>>
>>15459384
not him but what if I only watch in chronological order ?
>>
>>15459354
>00
Nah
>Unicorn
Boring and pretentious. Requires watching older UC to fully appreciate, but it's still incredibly boring and pretentious. Has some terrific moments every now and then, though.
>IBO
It was poorly written and poorly directed.
>>
>>15460884

Was I the only one who didn't like Unicorn? The UC references were fun but my interest in the characters motivations and grand scheme of things was waning heavily. I was more glad it was over than anything when I watched the last episode.
>>
>>15459165
>super-serious
>thunderbolt
It's me igloo for chuunis
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.