[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Power Rangers started with Goranger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Power Rangers 1976.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Power Rangers 1976.png
1MB, 1280x720px
What would've happened if Saban started PR with adapting Goranger?

Would it have the mix-and-match filming it has now or would it be a dub of Super Sentai? Would Saban include Ninja Captor as a part of the series? Would it have original theme songs or covers of the Sentai themes? Would Saban do an adaptation of Akibaranger for the older fans? How much bigger would both PR and SS be?

Note: Nothing has changed for Super Sentai (probably other than the possibility of Ninja Captor being retroactively included)
>>
Who fucking cares?

PR is trash in any form.
>>
>>15453529
It'd probably be a small cult favorite that only lasted a season or two before it got canceled.
>>
>>15453529
>would it be a dub of Super Sentai
Probably
I mean, it's what happened in various countries before murrica decided we needed californian teenagers with attitude, after which they just started dubbing PR instead
They weren't exactly huge though, and that hypothetical 80s PR wouldn't be either given it wouldn't have the Jurassic Park synergy
>>
>>15453529

Probably this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmAM3BKg0Y
>>
>>15453529
Saban didn't even find out about Sentai till sometime in the 80's(Bioman was the first Sentai he tried to bring over, and elements from the pilot he made then made it all the way into the Power Rangers we got)

this does remind me of an idea I had where Saban succeeds in bringing over Super Sentai as Power Rangers with Maskman
>>
>>15455510
i know it's not real but damn that's a really good cast.
>>
>>15453529
>What if Power Rangers started with Goranger
Being a nerd wasnt as cool back then so the only no real change other than the equivalent of mmpr not being exploited as much for nostalgia bucks.

>What would've happened if Saban started PR with adapting Goranger?
Why would they adapt something the american audiences dont care about. Either dub it or make it like power rangers does.

>Would it have the mix-and-match filming it has now or would it be a dub of Super Sentai?
If it ever gets on air without being a parody dub then it'd have to be with the actual way. Saban's proposal was rejected multiple chances. Power rangers would have a tiny chance at working as a dub if it started now.

>Would Saban include Ninja Captor as a part of the series? Would it have original theme songs or covers of the Sentai themes? Would Saban do an adaptation of Akibaranger for the older fans?
How would starting with goranger mean anything for this? I'm starting to think /m/ doesnt actually know what power rangers is.

>How much bigger would both PR and SS be?
Ss would only be bigger if they made a dub. PR maybe, since it wouldnt rely on nostalgia as much.
>>
>>15455483
>muh jurassic park!
>>
>>15455510
>>15453529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dZ0BEQdg5g
>>
>>15455614
>mighty morphin power rangers
>muh jurassic park!
>power rangers dino charge
>muh jurassic world!
>>
>>15456798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGr2Ch_CTVo
>>
I was kinda hoping Super Megaforce would have that be the Original Power Rangers with Zordon as Red and maybe Rita or Zedd as Green. Then Zordon would be Big One.

Or something like that. But it never happened. It did happen in the movie kinda

I think it would be nice for a sub/dub, but I don't know if people want to see a cheesy 70's show anymore.
>>
>>15456832
You know its getting subs right? Its pretty good.
>>
>>15453529
I think not much would change, it'd get an Ultraman style dub but not go much farther than Goranger. They'd probably give it a go again with the mix and match style later down the line.
>>
I'd be more interested in Stan Lee's adaptation of Sun Vulcan that he pitched in the same way as PR
>>
File: battlefever_formation.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
battlefever_formation.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>15453529
What if PR started with Battlefever?
>>
>>15457260
Is the blue one having a seizure?
>>
>>15453529
It didn't happen so who gives a shit
>>
>>15457623
You don't get it. Power Rangers is supposed to use every single Toei toku property and we HAVE to discuss how. Then blame Saban for not doing that. Get on with the program bro.
>>
File: Scg042511_0745_24.png (100KB, 365x190px) Image search: [Google]
Scg042511_0745_24.png
100KB, 365x190px
>>15453529
What if Saban bought the old Dynaman parody dub, and retroactively canonized it?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31plkq_dynaman-parody-episode-1-cy-steinberg-pt-1_fun
>>
>>15457260
It probably would have failed hard.
>>
>>15457686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOKPaDH9bU
>>
>>15457264
Nah, his suit actor is Filthy Frank.
>>
>>15453529
Then we would have gotten a Adam West Batman crossover.
>>
>>15453529
Megazords wouldn't be as well received.
>>
File: Frankfucked.png (697KB, 852x474px) Image search: [Google]
Frankfucked.png
697KB, 852x474px
>>15457855
well, he's been fucked by one before
>>
File: BirdmanTaskforceJetman.jpg (66KB, 610x475px) Image search: [Google]
BirdmanTaskforceJetman.jpg
66KB, 610x475px
>>15453529
What if Jetman was a Battle of the Planets remake in Burgerland?
>>
>>15456807
>>15456798
>>15455510
I really like how they purposefully made it sound old and amateur
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.