[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had to build your own mecha. How will it be? What size?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 39388457-mecha.jpg (214KB, 791x1010px) Image search: [Google]
39388457-mecha.jpg
214KB, 791x1010px
If you had to build your own mecha. How will it be? What size? What source of energy? What weapons? How much do you think it would cost?

Dont judge my mecha taste, it's one of the first images I found looking mecha on google and I'm pretty new to /m/ anyways
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be?
Good.

> What size?
It'd be a powersuit. Something like the ARS from Vanquish.

> What source of energy?
Standard science magic that powers any other mecha.
Or human souls depending on how edgy I'm feeling.

>What weapons?
Conventional modern military firearms adapted to interface with the suit to display.

>How much do you think it would cost?
500 souls.
>>
Just to dump my own post I'll say that those oversized mechas seem pretty hard to build in real life. Not only it would need oversized legs to be able to stand but the energy would be a pretty damn annoyance (unless you find out a way of converting human souls into energy as >>15453276 ). Nuclear energy seems the only option unless you find out a way of making electricity work as in eva.
I've done some research and apparently, a 300-meter carrier costs around 13 000 000 000 dollars so I can guess that only the structure for a 50 meter Mecha would be somewhere along those lines.

Sorry for my autism though. I know most of you don't give a shit about irl mechas but I'm curious.
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be?
No idea
>What size
Between 10 and 15 meters tall, probably 3-5 meters wide
>What source of energy
Thorium-based nuclear reactor (if possible), otherwise some shit like power cords in eva would be the most "realistic" solution
>What weapons
Artillery weapons and a railgun
>How much do you think it would cost
The cost of developing a thorium nuclear reactor, the cost of developing a proper unstable gait bipedal frame, and the cost of assembly, armor and weapon fitting and everything else. So billions of dollars?
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be?
Modular
>What size
Mad Cat with 6 legs
>What source of energy
Reactor and remote energy transfer
>What weapons
Stationary fire. Artillery gatlings with smart ammo and a railgun that are carried and fed by trucks.
A lot.
>>
File: Lagann.png (303KB, 644x411px) Image search: [Google]
Lagann.png
303KB, 644x411px
>>15453215
I would want to build a lagann style mech.
It's small and portable, more or less the size of a golf cart. I don't know about energy source, whatever engine can run a mech. I don't think I'd even add weapons honestly, maybe just the drills. No clue about cost.

It would be fun to just run around in this thing.
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be
Anti-Kaiju combining mech

>What size?
50 meters with the potential to grow by adding specialized packs to deal with certain monsters

>What source of energy?
The still-beating heart of a giant monster who defended the earth from a calamity eons ago but whose body was annihilated.

>What weapons?
Its own massive truckbed/trailer that pulls it around when deactivated can transform in an under-slung pile bunker. Its first set of hands are actually gigantic shells containing high explosives that can detach and grip onto monsters, detonating with tremendous force and revealing a pair of more dexterous hands underneath that can use more finicky weaponry like a humongous bazooka, a two-handed sword, and the various monster packs that can attach to the mech's body and dispense specialized energy like super-freeze grenades, napalm jets and radiation cannons. It can also shoot a jet of superheated energized blood from its heart as a chest beam.

The innocence of five young pilots who must work together to defend the earth from the apocalypse on a weekly basis.
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be?

pretty gud

>What size?

Bipedal 18 foot tall humanoid mecha with thicc legs and long, spindly arms

>What source of energy?

Magical future high capacity battery packs with a half kilometer long power cable to tether itself to nearby generators, thus avoiding wasting battery charge.

>What weapons?

1x 7.62 machine gun
1x .50 cal M2 browning or 1x fully automatic grenade launcher
1x 20mm autocannon or 1x 30mm battle rifle
A shit-ton of anti tank missiles
Smoke grenade dischargers
A big, curved shield to cover it's lower body or sit on the ground to cover plebs who don't have cool a cool battle-mecha

Dozens or hundreds of millions of dollars per unit, probably billions to develop the entire program.

The mech design you posted looks like complete shit
>>
File: Crimson Devil.jpg (29KB, 720x399px)
Crimson Devil.jpg
29KB, 720x399px
>>15453215
>How good will it be?

Okay.

>What Size?

Small

>What source of Energy

Unleaded gas.

>What weapons

4WD

A few million yens.
>>
Oh yeah, I've been waiting for this chance to unleash my autism.

>How will it be?
G-Fighter, G-Attacker, G-Bomber and G-Striker combine into CHOUGINGA SENSHI GARDION.

>What size?
About as big as God Gravion.

>What source of energy?
The G DIAMOND.

>What weapons?
Hold on to your butts.

>Drill Straight
>Drill Upper
>Double Tornado/Double Tornado Shoot
>Inazuma Tornado
>God Vulcan
>G-Blazer/Shin G-Blazer
>Paralysis Flash
>Stardust Saber - Stardust Slash

Too fucking much, not even counting Great Gardion and Final Gardion.
>>
>>15453566
>>15453741
But who's stronger? Daikaiju-go or Gardion?
>>
>>15453215
>5m
>souls of ded ops
>gatling gun
>350
>>
>How will it be?
Cute face but body/frame looks edgy, lots of moving pistons but light plated armor, made of some bullshit space metal
> What size?
15 m, bipedal but uses an extra set of appendages near the base of the feet for stabilizing while standing
> What source of energy?
Fart gas
>What weapons?
railguns on every limb and a huge hammer that changes into a robo frog familiar
Probably more than I could afford but I'm willing to offer my life as an eternal servant as long as I can live in the mech
>>
>>15453215
>How will it be?
Not sure. It has a transformation system that's a combination of the Zeta Gundam and Cybuster.

>What size?
Standard real robot size, so around 18 meters or so.

>What source of energy?
A stronger version of the standard MS reactor in that world.

>What weapons?
Vulcans in the head, clavicle-mounted machine cannons, micro-missile pods on the back and and legs, two physical swords (probably stored in the wing binders), modular forearm slots (equipment includes beam gatling guns, pile bunkers and more), claw fingers and sharped edges for melee combat.

Fuck if I know.
>>
>>15453826
>It was about that time I noticed the robot was actually a crustacean from the Paleozoic Era
>>
>>15453297
A nuclear reactor means that your mecha still has to be even bigger than 50 meters.
>>
>>15453215
>What size?
7 meters sounds good
>Source of energy
Liquid fuel cells
>weapons
a .308 LMG built into the head, and some micro missiles built into the torso
Auxillary hand-held weapons for everything else it needs to do

>Cost
I dunno but if I were Donald Trump my first executive order would have been the creation of the GUNDAM program, or Grants Used for Neccessary Developmental Appropriations for Mechs.
>>
4m class
Steel, aluminum, UHDPE, Kevlar, ceramics
Mazda 26BTT
Pneumatic drive system
.50 BMG automatic rifle
50mm cannon
25mm heavy rifle
25mm rockets
7.62x51 wrist gun x2
Smoke grenade projectors
7.62x25mm CIWS
>>
>>15454046
Forgot cost. $5M per.
>>
>>15454046
>50mm cannon
>25mm rockets

>Not just strapping 8 full size guided anti-tank missiles to it and using a 30mm rifle for anything those are too overkill for
>>
>>15454063
I knew I was forgetting something. Put two hardpoints on the backpack for either Javelin or Spike ATGMs.
>>
>>15454063
>>15454072
Also those aren't all mounted at the same time. Imagine a cross between an MS and AT. The rockets can be mounted on the shoulders like a Jegan or Den'an-Gei and the vehicle platoon of four would carry a mix of two MGs, a heavy rifle, and a cannon.

Also the head is a monoeye that looks like if you made a Geara Doga head from a flattened M56 Stahlhelm or Thale B2.
>>
>>15453215
>If you had to build your own mecha. How will it be?
Large and archaic. One main cockpit, but also a small crew quarters, observation deck, and engineering level. I should be able to use it solo or with a crew of ~ten.
Rust colored, body like a 40k titan but with a head like a Quebeley, and slightly less hunched.
>What size?
I'm thinking between 40 to 50 m
>What source of energy?
Compact nuclear fusion reactor, typical unobtainium magic
>What weapons?
One huge gun mounted permanently on the left arm, and manipulators on the right. Possibly some kind of sword or physical weapon.
Lots
>>
>>15453215
Oh boy. I've had one planned out for a little story I was writing.

Model number PX-4 Thetis.

The last of four "Phalanx" units designed by the late Professor Yamauchi Kazuki, the unit has no special feature to distinguish itself from its sister units. Perhaps even the lack thereof makes it stand out from the others, as it allowed for the development of an extremely stable Emotional Energy Engine (E^3 for short), which could generate a great deal of energy from the pilot's soul, allowing for longer periods of enhanced performance.

Its sole weapon is its Phalanx Spear, a weapon found on all Phalanx units, though in the case of the Thetis, it is an arm-mounted harpoon gun.

It'd probably cost a shitton, though. In practicality, I'd make something like an Scopedog.
>>
File: thiqqatron.png (57KB, 1104x1522px) Image search: [Google]
thiqqatron.png
57KB, 1104x1522px
Size : Fat
Energy Source : Burgers
Weapon : Girth and Oil Injector
Cost: Gorillion Trump Marks
>>
>>15453566
I forgot to mention but it's called Rojoma. Its super mode upgrade it gets halfway through the story is called the King Pack, granting it a secondary power source of nuclear energy in the form of a humongous exoskeleton that attaches to the spine of the machine, to fuel a shoulder-mounted nuclear cannon and an atomic blade that creates fission and contained nuclear detonations in anything it cuts. The super mode is called Rojoma Rey.
>>
File: THIQQQQ.jpg (164KB, 1200x1680px)
THIQQQQ.jpg
164KB, 1200x1680px
>>15454573
MUH THICC
>>
How will it be?
Similar to a XO1 suit in F:O so pretty awsome
What size?
duh
What source of energy?
Micro-deuterium cold fusion reactor
What weapons?
standard iron man specs
How much do you think it would cost?
privately done 3m
>>
>>15454655
kek
>>
>>15453215
Giant planet size geothermal powered
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.