[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any pics that show Gurren Lagann ripping off other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: 4038221-7476578304-35885.jpg (52KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
4038221-7476578304-35885.jpg
52KB, 650x366px
Are there any pics that show Gurren Lagann ripping off other shows?

I need it to battle against gaynax fanboys
>>
File: special olympics.jpg (58KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
special olympics.jpg
58KB, 600x888px
>>15452641
>I need it to battle against gaynax fanboys

No you don't. You really don't. You don't ever need to do that. You might think you're gonna win but you really won't. Not really. That's not a win.
>>
given that GL is intentionally created as a throwback and a tribute to 70's super robot shows, I don't think the term "ripping off" can apply. Its like bitching about a cover band not playing original songs.

anyway, the show is universally hailed as one of the greatest things ever produced. why do you need to argue over it? WTF is it with nerds needing to hate things that are popular, just because they are popular?
>>
>>15452641
It's not worth your time. Blind Gainax fanaticism has no cure and no argument you put forward will help.
>>
>>15452641
fighting against gainax fanboys is like fighting zeon

no matter what you do they'll still drop colonies and asteroids
and even if you win they'll still come back crawling with their infinite supply of remnants
>>
>>15452666

Satan has a point. It's not really the show's fault that it's fans don't recognize the homages. IT really isn't a ripoff as it does do it's own thing with the ideas
>>
>>15452666
>WTF is it with nerds needing to hate things that are popular, just because they are popular?
Gotta feel superior and special over something, no matter how petty it is. I'm better than you because I don't like thing, I am a special snowflake in an exclusive club that you filthy casuals aren't allowed into.
>>
>>15452666
>a tribute to 70's super robot shows
which is bullshit of course, considering the plot is taken from shin getter robo, which is a 90s manga.
>>
>>15452666
>given that GL is intentionally created as a throwback and a tribute to 70's super robot shows

Just curious: how many of those have you watched?
>>
>>15452641
You have autism.
>>
>>15452666
>anyway, the show is universally hailed as one of the greatest things ever produced. why do you need to argue over it?
Because satan, general opinion does not equal fact. Not by a long shot.
>>
>>15452641
What is this, 2007?
>>
>>15452762

There's still no point in getting mad people like one robot cartoon over another. You're not going to change anyone's mind you're just being a dick
>>
>>15452666
>one of the greatest things ever produced
But Satan, that's Ideon Be Invoked, Turn A Gundam, GaoGaiGar, and Tetsujin 28-gou.
>>
File: 1420716429488.gif (1MB, 500x281px)
1420716429488.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>15452641
Get the fuck out clawshrimpy. I know it's you you dumbass. Have you seriously learned nothing in all these goddamn years? Or did I enter a fucking time loop and it's 20-fucking-10 again?
>>
i didn't find the show that fun to watch, but i hardly need to compare it to other shows in that much detail.

for myself i just say " by the time i saw GL, i've seen other robot shows that i felt were better" if they ask further i just name afew random robot shows and recommend them.

while i don't care if they end up liking the shows or not my goal is to just state my opinion and thats that, i couldn't care less what other people enjoy on the internet in the grand scheme of giant robots.

but here you go anyways, i'm being generous.
>>
>>15452641
>tfw people are unworthy of watching mecha shows but you don't care because you don't have autism
>>
>>15452858
Should've add IBO into the list.
>>
>>15452858
FTFY. While 08th MS Team is over-rated, Wing is the better choice for Gundam because it appeals to normies just now jumping on the power rangers nostalgia bandwagon.
>>
>>15452959

08th team is shorter. It also has more adults and less bike shorts. And naked tits of a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>15452959
>I don't like mecha anime, but...

>No worries, here's a shit series for you

Is that good advice?
>>
>>15452971

Kinda? Ya gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>15452717
Elaborate, please.
>>
>Gainax fanboys

They still exist? I thought Trigger inherited all the annoying Gainax fans.
>>
>>15452985
Not him but TTGL is like 70% aped from Ishikawa's work, and majority of that was Getter. I wouldn't say it's the same plot as Shin as much as I would say it's a heavily knocked off Armageddon. The amount of similarities between TTGL and Armageddon were baffling to be when I first saw Armageddon. One thing that left a particularly bad taste in my mouth is when TTGL is throwing around galaxies, because when I saw Armageddon years later I couldn't help but notice that double tomahawk boomerang's animation looked almost 1:1.

To OP, I had a friend who wanted to get more into mecha and he considered TTGL and Code Geass as some sort of pinnacle in mecha. He asked me for a recommendation and I told him to watch Armageddon. He came back two weeks later and said I was right, TTGL whole sale rips it off.

Before any shitposting occurs, I like TTGL it's just nothing special and misinformation should be stamped out although you shouldn't force it on someone who doesn't care. Also Gun X Sword is a better love letter to mecha.
>>
>>15453075
>Also Gun X Sword is a better love letter to mecha.

And Gaiking LoDM is the best 70s super robot tribute.
>>
>>15452717

Which was, itself, a reboot of an older franchise.
>>
>>15452858
What's wrong with FMP?
>>
>>15452844
dubs of truth
>>
File: 1369874451003.png (178KB, 1190x906px)
1369874451003.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>15452641
>I need it to battle against gaynax fanboys- 28 posts and 4 image replies shown.
This is like early /b/ shit that would be laughed even by /b/tards

How can anyone type that shit seriously and not have a fucking stroke?
>>
>>15453424
But Gaiking LoDM is mediocre at best.
>>
>>15453075
There is no coming of age story in Getter Robo
There are no stories in which politics nearly fuck over the survival of humanity in Getter Robo
There is no waifu to save in Getter Robo

The only similarity is green lights, willpower (which is part of every super robot show), and the fact that Anti-Spirals are fighting against Spiral Energy ala Getter Rays.
However even that aspect has its own twist as the Anti-Spirals are former Spiral energy users who experienced the horror of its capabilities first hand, and qanted to stop it from destroying the universe. In Getter Robo, other races merely hate the Getter Rays because it favors humanity and humanity uses it to stomp on everyone.

Rip off or otherwise, all that matters is execution. And GL pulled it off with flying colors.
>>
File: 20170404_185235.jpg (270KB, 934x720px)
20170404_185235.jpg
270KB, 934x720px
>>15453467
>There is no waifu to save in Getter Robo
Well, there was but
>>
>>15453467
>There is no coming of age story in Getter Robo
It actually usually does but not in a single character centric manner. The point of Getter is three hearts must act as one to bring out the robots full potential, the thing is the Will of Getter always picks headstrong and crazy individuals. You get it more in the manga and in New how the pilots must overcome themselves in order to work as a team and pilot Getter. It's not quite coming of age but it's a similar motif.

>There are no stories in which politics nearly fuck over the survival of humanity in Getter Robo
Throughout most of Go the Getter team butts heads with the military/government about whether they should go to war with Rando or surrender to minimize casualties. Hell that's been a thing since G, in several Getter entries the government tries to seize control of Getter from Saotome labs and political bullshit almost dooms the planet.

>There is no waifu to save in Getter Robo
The waifu is earth itself.

>However even that aspect has its own twist as the Anti-Spirals are former Spiral energy users who experienced the horror of its capabilities first hand
You do realize the invaders are another race chosen by Getter, right? They are the only other race that can withstand Getter radiation besides humans, except they grew corrupted by the radiation.

>Rip off or otherwise, all that matters is execution. And GL pulled it off with flying colors.
Look man I like TTGL, I think it's a really fun show for the most part. But it's RITTLED with flaws, and you ignoring that is just willful ignorance. You can't even deny the fact that this was HEAVILY influences by Getter, I mean for fucks sake they interviewed Imaishi and he openly admitted Getter was a massive influence.
>>
>>15453463
If only more shows were THAT mediocre.
>>
>>15453467
>otherwise, all that matters is execution
Correct, TTGL's second half was boring, devoid of good writing and full of cliche dialogue despite the potentially engaging premise.

And you know what? The terrible predictable writing isn't what brought it down. It was the garbage mech fights which simply couldn't hold a candle to something like Armageddon or even something like Gaiking lod which was animated by a bunch of poor Filipino.

I was willing to forgive everything about Togo if it had good mechs battles and it didn't.
>>
>>15452762
>>15452844
>>15452682
>Satan

Is there some kind of new filter in place?
>>
File: 1402978370908.jpg (31KB, 568x536px)
1402978370908.jpg
31KB, 568x536px
>>15453834
>>
>>15452666
>anyway, the show is universally hailed as one of the greatest things ever produced. why do you need to argue over it?
Because it's not as good as people claim it to be.

I can be a normalfag when it comes to anime shit and let me tell you frankly,

the hypest moments from TTGL couldn't come close to the hypest moments from Dragon ball and Naruto.
>>
>>15453848
I've stopped coming to /m/ daily since 2 years ago.
>>
>>15453859
Sure you did, Billy.
>>
>>15453834
Are you some kind of newfag? Every Anon that gets trips with 6 is to be referred to as Satan when replied to. That's been a 4chan thing for at least a decade
>>
>>15453467
>willpower (which is part of every super robot show), and the fact that Anti-Spirals are fighting against Spiral Energy ala Getter Rays.
Have you even read Getter Robo?
>>
>>15452844
what shit taste
>>
>>15452858
why doesn't this pack have Gundam 00
>>
>>15453463
And most /m/ series are shit at best. Your point?
>>
>>15452858
dude like five of those shows are good and one is legendary
>>
>>15452641

Why? The only thing that really annoys me about them is when they gush over TTGL but then refuse to check out a lot of shows or manga similar to it which really just perplexes me more than angers me. Seems like if you love something you'd enjoy checking out more things like it but that's their loss not mine.
>>
>>15452641
>Gurren Lagann
>Original run: April 1, 2007 - September 30, 2007

Congratulations on holding onto your autistic rage for literally ten years.
>>
>>15455471
>tfw you gush over TTGL being the best series ever but you still talk about other super robots
To be fair, I gush over Getter too. I think they're two totally different series but they have a lot of the same things that I really like.
>>
>>15455938
>super robots that obey whatever sort of mechanical logic they feel like
>combining
>pilots do lots of yelling
I think Getter has cooler moves and a design that really flows for fast-paced combat, but I like GL because of how cool it looks and also drills. TTGL doesn't have stronger characters than Getter as a whole but I'd say that I prefer Simon's development over any of the Getter pilots. Well, that's wrong. What I mean is that TTGL makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and Getter is just hotblooded until you get to all the buddhism and shit and the Getter is straight evil
>>
>>15455951
>super robots that obey whatever sort of mechanical logic they feel like
Why do fake robot fans like this lolsorandom shit?
>>
>>15455951
>Getter is straight evil
No it's not, it's ethically neutral

>>15455972
Ignore him, a shitposter is trying to push "fake mecha fans" as some new way to rile the board and cause discourse. No one is buying it though because "fake mecha" is already a redundancy and not many people whine about real vs super these days.
>>
>>15453075
>I wouldn't say it's the same plot as Shin as much as I would say it's a heavily knocked off Armageddon.

You're wrong. The second half of TTGL is the Shin Getter Robo manga, which is the first Getter Robo series Nakashima was editor for.
>>
>>15455951
This poster has never read the Getter Robo manga.
>>
File: popoface.jpg (16KB, 204x183px)
popoface.jpg
16KB, 204x183px
>>15455983
>ethically neutral
>kills anything that's not human
>wants to destroy the universe
>ethically neutral
Yeah maybe it's a cultural thing but the Getter was definitely manipulating Saotome and Duncan Musashi into believing that destroying all life in existence in the name of humanity's evolution or Getter is very obviously evil. Getter energy can probably be harvested from orphan tears.
>>
>>15455986
>You're wrong. The second half of TTGL is the Shin Getter Robo manga,
Back this up.
>>
>>15455921
Finally, someone sensible. Seriously, Getter and TTGL fans on this board argue like Pokémon and Digimon fans.
>>
File: -m- - Mecha_1240666787037.png (35KB, 925x172px) Image search: [Google]
-m- - Mecha_1240666787037.png
35KB, 925x172px
>>15456016
quick summary
>anti-spiral = andromeda aliens
>spiral nemesis = getter emperor
>gainax changed details in the movies to be more in line with Shin Getter
>Nakashima said he took dialog and events from Ishikawa

>>15456011
Getter kills humans too and doesn't give a fuck. It wasn't destroying all life in the universe. Read the manga.
>>
>>15456021
I haven't seen Digimon fans and Pokemon fans argue in ages
>>
>>15456026
>Getter kills humans too and doesn't give a fuck. It wasn't destroying all life in the universe. Read the manga.
Then what was Emperor? Just a giant Getter Robo made out of the corpses of planets being destroyed by said Getter? It's not like Getter Emperor just keeps absorbing shit until it's absorbed all matter and energy in the universe.
Oh wait, it does. So how can you say it's not evil? Getter constantly manipulates everything it touches, whether it was driving dinosaurs underground or using humanity to achieve its goal.
>>
>>15456026
You do realize Shin came before Armageddon and also heavily influenced Armageddon so those are shared similarities right?

>anti-spiral = andromeda aliens
Invaders
>spiral nemesis = getter emperor
Getter Valhalla
>gainax changed details in the movies to be more in line with Shin Getter
And the anime was more similar to Armageddon
>Nakashima said he took dialog and events from Ishikawa
Which Armageddon did also because it was also a celebration of other Ishikawa works. I always am curious if Armageddon had any direct input from Ishikawa, or if Kawagoe is just that good at emulating and being faithful to Ishikawa's style of writing because all Getter ova are really well executed.

On the subject of similarities between Armageddon and TTGL is that Armageddon starts with humanity above ground in a world struggling with an alien menace then being driven underground for several years before attempting to fight off the aliens that conquered earth, TTGL starts with humanity having been driven underground by an alien menace striving to fight them to reclaim earth then a time skip where they are above ground and have to defeat an alien invasion. Both end up with the cast going into space in the final episodes to wipe out the alien menace at its source. You even have a similarity that the Getter team ejects the young Getter team and give away their future, similar to Simon leaving team Gurren to advance civilization as he drifts off into obscurity.
>>
>>15456041
Getter is a force of nature that lives, eats and grows. It's a representation of life. It's not good or evil. The manga is full of Buddhist religious themes. Also, name one species Getter has driven to extinction.
>>
>>15456055
>Also, name one species Getter has driven to extinction.
Well, presumably all the species on that one planet Emperor obliterated.
>>
>>15456053
>Invaders
Are nothing like anti-spiral or andromeda aliens. They're just mindless monsters that feed on Getter energy.
>Getter Valhalla
The Getter team seeing alt universe Getter teams is absolutely nothing like Spiral Nemesis/Getter Emperor which are destructive forces that will wipe out the universe (according to the antagonists).
>And the anime was more similar to Armageddon
It wasn't. Don't just make baseless statements.
>Which Armageddon did
Armageddon is nothing like the Shin Getter manga outside of Shin Getter, the Emperor cameo and the olive green uniform Musashi wears.

Fuck off pleb, read the manga.
>>
>>15456059
Be specific.
>>
>>15456041
>It's not like Getter Emperor just keeps absorbing shit until it's absorbed all matter and energy in the universe
That's my what it does at all. Getter is constantly evolving because it is the will of evolution and the universe itself. It does not care about those who have a ceiling to their evolution and only cares about pushing evolution to the point the universe is perfect which is usually emperor. It only works with humanity because Getter created humans as the perfect life form when it comes to evolution because humans have limitless potential. It's evil to you at an empathetic level because you are looking at it from a human perspective, but do you feel bad about the numerous cultures of bacteria that have gone extinct in the process to make humans reach the state they currently are at? Don't forget that Getter confirmed thinks at a different level than any living creature, Getter has entire knowledge of past, present, and future as well as knowledge across all dimensions/multiverses.

>>15456046
>That's because one is more or less dead. Or rather, not cared about except by a small group of autists.
Hey we aren't dead, it's just on life support. It was almost dead between Frontier and Savers, though.
>>
File: img000012.png (763KB, 1207x1758px)
img000012.png
763KB, 1207x1758px
>>15456068
I now remember the context of Emperor destroying everything, which kind makes sense, but my guess is that if Arc kept going on, those aliens would have used the fact that Getter wants to absorb everything as a justification for human genocide, which brings things full circle.

I will also admit that the dinosaurs found a way to harness Getter, which might be intentional on the Getter's part.
>>
>>15456074
>only cares about pushing evolution to the point the universe is perfect
>It only works with humanity because Getter created humans as the perfect life form when it comes to evolution because humans have limitless potential
These comments aren't supported by the story.
>>
>>15456065
>Are nothing like anti-spiral or andromeda aliens. They're just mindless monsters that feed on Getter energy.
Did you watch Armageddon? The fucking invaders are a corrupted race, possibly humans from another universe, chosen by Getter. Stinger, Cohen, and infected Saotome show the invaders aren't mindless by any means. For fucks sake they tricked humanity into dropping the bomb because they knew they would better survive the fallout than humanity.
>The Getter team seeing alt universe Getter teams is absolutely nothing like Spiral Nemesis/Getter Emperor which are destructive forces that will wipe out the universe (according to the antagonists).
This one I concede because I misunderstood what you were saying.
>Fuck off pleb, read the manga.
I did, that's why I know the similarities Armageddon bears to both Shin and to TTGL.
>>
>>15456083
Everything is according to Getter's will.
Getter is the will of the universe.
>>
>>15456086
Say what you will about Invaders, but the fact is that they are nothing like the spiral nemesis/getter emperor phenomenon and you're a blithering moron for ever suggesting such.
>>
>>15456084
Look right fucking here >>15456083 you absolute dullard.

The only thing we don't know is the exact end goal of Getter since Arc ends on a cliffhanger, we just know it wants to keep evolving and humans were literally created by Getter for that exact purpose. Hell Shin showed us that Saotome was influenced by the Will of Getter to create the Getter Robo in the first place literally to give Getter a physical form.
>>
>>15456093
I didn't bring invaders up in that context though? I brought them up in the context of the Anti-spiral and Andromeda Galaxy which you brought up as there being no parallel in Armageddon.
>>
>>15456096
>Look right fucking here
It doesn't support your statements.
>we just know it wants to keep evolving and humans were literally created by Getter for that exact purpose.
Not supported by the story.

Just to shut your dumb ass up for good, let's take a look at what you said.
>only cares about pushing evolution to the point the universe is perfect
Where does the story ever say it's going to "make the universe perfect"?
>It only works with humanity
Getter has worked with non-humans such as Gore and Brai's spirits, so that's factually wrong.
>Getter created humans as the perfect life form because humans have limitless potential
Where is this stated in the story? It never is.
>>
>>15456103
They aren't anything like the anti-spiral or andromeda aliens, either. First off, they aren't anti-getter. So that makes you wrong from the get go. Secondly, they didn't suppress humans from going into space with getter energy.Thirdly, they did not have their species brought nearly to extinction by getter. Fourthly, they aren't aliens from another galaxy.
>>
>>15456107
>It doesn't support your statements
How does Musashi literally saying it not support it?
>Where does the story ever say it's going to "make the universe perfect"?
I literally just said that here >>15456096
>The only thing we don't know is the exact end goal of Getter
It's the main thing I will admit I have to infer because we don't know what Getter's end goal is, the only thing we have is implications of what it wants to accomplish by evolving.
>Getter has worked with non-humans such as Gore and Brai's spirits, so that's factually wrong
They were fucking dead, nonhuman entities cannot survive working with Getter. They can't exactly evolve or pilot Getter when they are a fucking ghost.
>Where is this stated in the story? It never is.
Did you fucking read the manga? Gore revealed humans evolved from monkeys because of Getter radiation was a catalyst for their evolution and rapidly evolved them to humans and became resistant to Getter radiation. In Shin and Arc we hear both Saotome and Musashi, two beings directly connected to the will of Getter, explain that Getter has chosen humanity as the race to advance Getter/evolution and has been directly responsible for bringing humanity to this point.

>>15456114
You have a point, I concede that was an incorrect parallel.
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Go-07-0155.png (236KB, 814x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Go-07-0155.png
236KB, 814x1300px
>>15456131
>How does Musashi literally saying it not support it?
Point to where Musashi says "humans were literally created by getter as the perfect life form when it comes to evolution becomes humans have limitless potential".
>I literally just
Where does the story ever say it's going to "make the universe perfect"?
>They were fucking dead, nonhuman entities cannot survive working with Getter.
Kamui. Getter Saurus. Shin Getter also takes on the dinosaur empire in Go while telling them that all are the same.
>They can't exactly evolve or pilot Getter when they are a fucking ghost.
Getter is more than just the robot. Don't move goalposts.
>Gore revealed humans evolved from monkeys because of Getter radiation
Getter stated that everything evolved from it in the last pages of Go.
>Saotome
Never said that.
>Musashi
Only speculates.
You seem to have the misconception that because humans created a catalyst for Getter, that humans are a chosen one and that Getter favors humans. Getter itself has denied this by stating that all life is a result of it and that every single species must be preserved.
>>
>>15456161
When Ishikawa comes back from the dead
>>
>>15456161
Would Digimon finally be /m/?
>>
>>15452641
Too many to count.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.