[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Nagai right about them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 1480104086525.jpg (150KB, 1200x692px) Image search: [Google]
1480104086525.jpg
150KB, 1200x692px
Was Nagai right about them?
>>
>>15451539
Yes. He should have killed them earlier so IBO could finish faster.
>>
>>15451539
Usually when they have a shot like this it has all named characters in it, not a bunch of nameless nobodies.
>>
>>15451539
He was right and wrong. Yes, Tekkedan did bad things but they were a product of the world created by Gjallhorn's incompetence. Gjallhorn did nothing but shady stuff but they get a free pass?
>>
>>15451539
Why were both seasons of this show so shit?
>>
>>15451539
Nagai needs some knocks to the kneecaps
>>
>>15451644
>Bad mecha designs
>bad character designs
>bad writing
>bad pacing
>bad animation
>bad choreography
>bad music

The only good thing was the sound design.
>>
>>15451684

The mecha designs are fine, some of the good ones are just kind of wasted.
>>
>>15451702
>The mecha designs are fine
Name one without bringing up the Vidar or Bael.
>>
>>15451717
they can't
It's either muh Bael or muh Vidar
Some bring up Barbie but the only one that is remotely fine is Lupus
Rex is shit and don't get me started on whatever the fuck was those different forms were that the 1st season came up with
>>
>>15451717
grimgerde!
landman rodi!
graze schwalbe
barbie lupus
custom graze ( the one with the withe shoulders and the nozzle in the back)
kimaris vidaris ( ok the drill-do is silly but its good )

ok i give you taht the exposed waist is dumb from a technical standpoint , but they look kewl!
>>
Ban Nagai from Gundam
>>
>>15451644
>Why were both seasons of this show so shit?

Ok, I'll try to break it down into digestible pieces : the reason IBO went to shit is that the people that worked on it (from top to bottom) didn't care one bit. As simple as that.
>>
>>15451539
I think part of it is the Japanese mindset, and how it's frowned upon to inconvenience others. In the name of their own happiness, They didn't fight for a cause or anything, did some questionable shit, displayed a troubling mindset, and above all else didn't give a fuck about how they made things worse for a number of people as a consequence to their actions.

(Pic Related)
>>
>>15451717

pepe gundam. even vidar and bael and shit tier compared to the designs in other AU. just look at 00 and wing's designs, even their grunts are cool. UC designs completely blow it out of the water, the grunt zaku already trashes any MS design in IBO.

pepe was the only unique one, but they had to rebake it. Sad!
>>
File: 1894749565.jpg (38KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
1894749565.jpg
38KB, 400x340px
>>15451896
You are trying too hard, there was nothing offensive about IBO mecha designs expect the way they were used or more accurate the way they weren’t used at all
>>
File: DbMsurj_1.gif (4MB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
DbMsurj_1.gif
4MB, 656x368px
>>15451539
>>
>>15451539
He is wrong.
Tekkadan did nothing wrong.
Nips are not known for revolutionary ideas.
>>
>>15451884
More like they care too much and had self inserts in the series which were on opposing sides
>>
>>15451836
>Grimgerde
It was ugly.
>Rodi
Eww.
>Barbie Lupus
Maybe.
>Custom Graze
Nah.
>Kimaris Vidar
Nah, even the Kimaris Trooper is better looking then that.

>>15451896
>Pepe Gundam
Gusion is gross.
>>
>>15451896
>just look at 00 and wing's designs

A man living in the trash shouldn't speak of other people's trash. The only AU with remotely good designs is... Oh wait, there are none.
>>
>>15452321
Oh look, its the obligatory MUH UC IS THE BEST faggot episode in the thread again.
>>
File: 81qM4PoZH8L.jpg (326KB, 1500x947px) Image search: [Google]
81qM4PoZH8L.jpg
326KB, 1500x947px
>>15451717
Gusion Rebake Full City
most Graze variants
Astaroth
Helmwige Reincar

coming from someone who dropped the show 4 eps in and is fucking sick of everything IBO related, I can at least say it had some worth in the mecha design department.
So sasuga bandai, your commercial worked as planned. Imma buy some of those fucking kits and stay away from any discussion regarding the show
>>
File: 1462862515252.jpg (17KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
1462862515252.jpg
17KB, 552x414px
>>15452349
>Gusion Rebake Full City
>most Graze variants
>Astaroth
>Reincar
>>
File: C8dUUPPVYAAUPLZ.jpg (19KB, 465x315px) Image search: [Google]
C8dUUPPVYAAUPLZ.jpg
19KB, 465x315px
>>15452359
What about them senpai
>>
>>15452340
I'll give you a few like the Virgos from Wing but if you honestly think 00 had good designs you're high on the list of organisms that ought to go extinct.
>>
>>15452377
Sudoku yourself, you shit-eating mongoloid sub-human. 00 was riddled with great designs, you cuck.

>GN-Xs
>Flags
>Tierens
>Enacts
>Sol-Braves
>Gadessa
>Garazzo
>>
>>15452396
It's ironic that you're exactly the kind of person IBO was trying to cater too. Can't believe anyone unironically likes spindly stack of sticks school of mecha design.
>>
>>15452448
I think you are mentally retarded, anon.
>>
>>15451717
>Not liking other Gundam Frames
>Not liking the Pepe Rodi

Oh anon, I can tell you have a shit taste.
>>
>>15452377
>Muh traditional boxy and nazi robots is superior.
>>
>>15451684
How can you determine bad mecha designs, and how is this any different from bad taste?
>>
>>15451581
The 39-episode format would fit IBO better.
>>
>>15451539
>Took over CGS from uncaring adults Who would of gotten them all killed out of incompetence and indifference to their lives, saving the lifes of the teenager-child militia and human debris
>Give freedom to Human Debris and improve their lifestyles.
>Protect a political client who wants independence for Mars in order to bring an end to the suffering of the populace and is then hunted by Gallahorn because they don't want their system to change.
>Defeated pirates and freed their human debris from a life of slavery
>Exposed the Arinhoods fleet manipulation of the Dort riots which eventually lead to better conditions for some of the Dorts.
>Defeated Gallahorns true AS mobile suit that went insane, exposed Gallahorns interference in another countries elections
>Known as heroes since their efforts on earth had brought Mining and economic rights to mars through the political clients they protected.
>Protected political client and guests from being killed by pirates during the tour of the mine
>Defeated Pirates and ensured safe travelling routes
>Protected Old man prime minister from assassination
>Accepting offer of being Sovering of mars, not for power or dominance, but to further establish independence and create a place where they no longer have to fight and can have peaceful lives.
>Fought Mobile Armor, evacuating major city and attempted to protect major farming community. Destroying MA essentially saved populace of mars.
>Protected Surrendering Turbine vessels from illegal weapon usage
>Killed gangster who plotted to overthrow Teiwaz boss and also planted idea of Illegal weaponry into Ioks head

No, Nagai was dead wrong.

If they were meant to be seen as evil, then IBO did an extremely poor job of it. Despite having no true morals or political correctness, they did more good than Gallahorn ever did.

Their "evil" comes off as grey since they only sink to evil to protect themselves from those who use overwhelming force to hurt them (Carta and glasses guy)
>>
File: 1342375231328.png (120KB, 434x400px) Image search: [Google]
1342375231328.png
120KB, 434x400px
>>15452708
>IBOfag talking about anyone's else having bad taste
>>
>>15453070
>Their "evil" comes off as grey since they only sink to evil to protect themselves from those who use overwhelming force to hurt them (Carta and glasses guy)

They were trespassing in Carta's jurisdiction.

In order to do the exact same thing as Iznario.
>>
So is this on par on what Nagai and Okada are capable of like in Toradora and AnoHana or has Sunrise overlords of Gundam really dampened their abilities?
>>
File: Zaku-ii-odessa.jpg (2MB, 3100x2209px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku-ii-odessa.jpg
2MB, 3100x2209px
>>15452718
How could you not love the Zaku?
>>
>>15453492
I like the Zaku too but I would say it is not aesthetically superior to any grunt suits that currently exist.
>>
>>15452365
They are used in shitty show so the designs are shitty as well
>>
>>15453489
AnoHana was sappy shit. Even M3 had better drama then it.
>>
>>15451684
>The only good thing was the sound design.
You sure? The sound effects were pretty stock and the voice acting ranged from passable to flat as fuck. Even from the notable names in the cast.
>>
Is /m/ the board with the most shit taste? Things that everybody else hates /m/ loves and the other way around.
>>
>>15451539
Of course he was wrong. No person with any knowledge of the current state of the world would ever damn child soldiers. The way he evaluated Tekkadan morally really paints a troubling picture of how him and Okada see exploited and trafficked children in their circumstances.

>>15453481
>They were trespassing in Carta's jurisdiction.
They weren't trespassing. Carta intervened because she saw an opportunity to make a lot of noise about stopping Kudelia from coming down to Earth and wining respect for her function. In the process Carta was actively working against the economic improvement of Mars. She also trespassed one of the economic block's borders herself and went beyond her faction's competences with the use of her position in Gjallarhorn all for mostly personal reasons.
>In order to do the exact same thing as Iznario.
This isn't true. They were only supposed to negotiate the half metal trade at first. And they didn't install Makanai into power, they only faciliated for him to participate in the elections which he had won legally. Maybe because people simply didn't like to have Iznario's puppet as their leader.
>>
>>15453816
>START LIKING IBO, I'M SERIOUS GUYS IM ABOUT TO GET MAD!
>>
>>15451644
Nagai and Okada displaying the full force of their incompetence.
>>
>>15454171

It's less Okada and more Nagai, I feel.

Okada tried to push for an ending where they -didn't- all die meaninglessly, let's remember that.
>>
>>15454246
True, so it's more Nagai and Ogawa, who thought even Kudelia should die. Reminds me of the "early drafts" or what have you of the first season where Kudelia was supposed to become infamous for associating with mercenaries.
>>
>>15451922
Space Lemon was some cute shit.
>>
>>15451539
Yes
>>
Just read Anime Now's garbage article on "the meaning of IBO", I am convinced this is one of those critic and fan disconnect situations. What makes this weird is that the fans see and acknowledge the mess yet the critics dob't. Am I in Bizzaro World?
>>
>>15453070
>>15454171
It is amazing how far IBOfags will go to defend blatant BS.
>>
>>15454366
It's amazing how nothing of a post you've made.
>>
>>15454382
Irony.
>>
>>15454171
Iznario was only facilitating the rise of his rival
>>
>>15454790

Which was considered to be meddling with Arbrau's affairs, and he got ousted for it after he got exposed for it since Gjallarhorn is not supposed to interfere with the economic blocs.
>>
>>15454339
Critics are MAL tier idiots.
>>
>>15454657
Please explain how either of the posts you're quoting is defending any bullshit IBO tried to pull off, retarded attempted shitposter? Posters are calling Nagai a retard, nobody is defending him or his failure at conveying his intentions in the story he wrote.
>>
>>15456287
Its a shitposter, anon. He's really obviously baiting
>>
what was Nagai's opinion of this shitshow?
>>
>>15451581
No, he was wrong.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.