[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ appreciate dorvack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (41KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 250x355px
Does /m/ appreciate dorvack?
>>
I appreciate the robot designs and the OP is pretty calming
>>
>>15450258
I've watched a handful of eps raw.
Seems okay
Furuya voices the lead and the mascot robot is voiced by R2D2
>>
>>15450258
I watched it a few months ago. It's pretty bad. Not even in a particularly interesting way for the first half either, just directionless and weak. The second half drops a lot of the hero robot stuff and mostly focuses on nameless grunts having pointless battles against AI drones. The plot is super simplistic and characters are totally flat. The action is super bland too, but at least not bottom barrel for the time. There really isn't anything good about it. There are a fair number of worse mecha shows from the 80s, but Dorvack is one of the least interesting.

The episode with the claustrophobic soldier near the end is hilarious though. He kills his entire team by shooting the ceiling of a cave to escape, but nobody cares because he overcomes his phobia and helps the protagonist in the end. I kept waiting for him to be court martialed. I also like the one where Masato decides not to tell a lady that her brother is dead because he thinks it's more romantic if she wastes her life trying to track him down.
>>
>>15451994
>The episode with the claustrophobic soldier near the end is hilarious though. He kills his entire team by shooting the ceiling of a cave to escape, but nobody cares because he overcomes his phobia and helps the protagonist in the end. I kept waiting for him to be court martialed. I also like the one where Masato decides not to tell a lady that her brother is dead because he thinks it's more romantic if she wastes her life trying to track him down.
ooh, this is sounding Knack

I always thought it was odd that something that produced a couple of Transformers designs stayed so far off the radar
>>
>>15452041
Masami Anno would have fit that company like a glove. Since he and Seiji Okuda (who did Govarian for Knack) were in Reed at the time, I wonder if they were drinking buddies.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=5759
>>
>>15451994
Yeah as someone who loved 80s mechs to death, dorvack is pretty mediocre.
It's a wonder how ashi kept going after how dorvack turned out in the end.
>>
>>15452479
It does make you think (especially since most of their later output is meh to crap). But considering many of their animators were also working on Transformers G1 and Dancougar at the same time. It doesn't surprise me they managed to last longer than they should have.
>>
>>15453781
Tbh after dorvack some of their shows are pretty great like machine robo,dancouga nova and macross 7
>>
>>15454842
Tis' why I said "most", not "all".
>>
Nigga I can barely type with Qwerty, fuck Dvorak.
>>
>>15455346
>fuck Dvorak

But this shit is classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU
>>
File: shot0052.jpg (73KB, 704x396px)
shot0052.jpg
73KB, 704x396px
>>15455462
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.