[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rahxephon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 75168.jpg (43KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
75168.jpg
43KB, 225x321px
So I finished this a while ago.
Can we talk about this heaping pile of garbage?
It started off quite nicely, but it quickly became apparent it's not concerned with telling an interesting story or writing compelling characters and the only thing the writer cared about was piling on more and more cryptic babble without no rhyme or reason to it. The character motivations make zero sense, the villain motivations make even less.
There was a very brief period where the show regained its luster from the beginning: Asahina's arc and identity crisis. That was great.
It also made what followed significantly worse in comparison.
As far as "eva clones" I've watched go, this was by far the worst. I can only hope Argento Soma isn't as disappointing.
>>
>>15449918
>I can only hope Argento Soma isn't as disappointing.

Ahahahaha, I hope you like brooding inner monologues, constant flashbacks and completely aimless plot direction!

BTW, what Eva clones have you seen that were better than Rah? I agree on all the complaints you listed and it STILL manages to suck less than Brain Powerd, as one example.
>>
>>15449942
I found Brain Powerd far more enjoyable than Rahxephon, personally.
Also, Fafner, which I found better than NGE itself.
But then again, it's not like the "Eva clone" genre is particularly saturated, despite the idea some people have about every second mecha show being an eva knockoff.
>>
>>15449949
>But then again, it's not like the "Eva clone" genre is particularly saturated
There's what, Rahxephon, Brain Powerd, Argento Soma, Fafner, and then there's Dual if you include that. Am I missing anything?
>>
File: rahx-poster04.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rahx-poster04.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
The music was the best thing about Rahxephon.

https://soundcloud.com/nogittsune/rahxephon-tune-the-rainbow
>>
>>15449963
second half of Ordian
>>
>>15449963
Reideen and Ordian definitely fit the bill, but there are also a bunch of shows that are definitely "inspired by" but take a slightly different approach, like Zegapain, Rouran, Bokurano, G Dangaioh, and Neo Ranga's second season.
>>
>>15449963
Gasaraki.
>>
>>15449942
>BTW, what Eva clones have you seen that were better than Rah?
not that guy but Fafner and Dual
>>
>>15449918

Yeah OP, but it's still not as bad as Evangelion, at least Rahxephon has a sweet OST.
>>
>>15450220
Are you implying Eva has a bad OP?
>>
>>15450284
Meant OST*, although it's also got an amazing OP which contributes to its great OST
>>
I don't think it's as bad as you're saying. I didn't care for it a ton. You also sound like a waifushitterfag lol.

I will continue to say that despite the rest of the stuff in the show, Bitterly Cold Holy Night is basically a perfect episode, and I think it can be watched comfortably without context and everyone that can should.
>>
>>15450859
>You also sound like a waifushitterfag lol.
What? Not only does that term make no sense, what are you even trying to say by that?
And you'll have to remind me what episode that is.
The flashback with the golem-like being? If yes, that episode was in fact, very good.
>>
This is the only good Eva clone. Including Eva itself. OP is an autist. Also Calling it a clone is kinda dumb, Annos been close friends with the guy since they worked on CCA together. It's more like a shout out to his buddy, and they both love Reideen but OP is too pleb faggot to know what Reideen is
>>
>>15450174
That's not one though
>>
>>15449963
Brain Powerd doesn't play remotely like Eva. It has almost nothing in com.on with NGE.
>>
>>15452617
Note "eva clone", not eva clone.

Most of the shows have fuck-all to do with Eva but they're stuck under that classification anyway.
>>
>>15452617
It's about mommy issues so it must be an Eva clone. Never mind that Tomino had been writing about mommy issues ever since the 70's and that he was one of the major inspirations for Anno. No, it's just an Eva knock-off.
>>
If OP thinks RahXephon was bad wait until he sees Devasady.
>>
>>15449963
Dual is odd. It's clearly a parody, but it takes so much. It's been a while but I feel like there's a mech fight that's almost traced exactly from Evangelion.
>>
>>15449918
Would you recommend it?
>>
If you think NGE is better than Rahxephon youre a crack smoking Gainax fanboy end of discussion
This MC actually got the pussy
>>
>>15457730
Hell no.
>>15457757
How does the protagonist's sexual life matter at all in a fucking mecha show?
Kira Yamato has sex on-screen, is SEED the epitome of the mecha genre?
>>
>>15457895
Hi fake mecha fan
>>
>>15457757
>>15457901
t. delusional rahxephag
>>
>>15449963
Eureka seven takes some visual inspiration in its finale arc, but other than that parallels there aren't too strong.
>>
>>15457730
>Would you recommend it?

Yes, Rahxephon actually has a story to tell contrary to Evangelion. You have a varied cast of characters, none are of the autistic strain "I hate my father cause he makes me pilot giant robots", the antagonists have their well defined reasons for doing what they're doing, and the love interest of the main character is an adult woman that doesn't throw a fit every 5 seconds.
The ending also makes sense and closes perfectly the story, something Evangelion even with its movies, remakes etc... never managed to do.
Plus it has good animation, nice mecha designs and a very good soundtrack.
>>
>>15458104
>the antagonists have their well defined reasons for doing what they're doing

>lol im a mad scientist who made a system that can rewrite the world and i wanna see it work just because
>>
>>15458111
>>lol im a mad scientist who made a system that can rewrite the world and i wanna see it work just because

This just proves you haven't even fucking watched Rapxephon.
>>
>>15458104
>But I'm a MUUUUUUUUHLIAN
>>
>>15458104
>none are of the autistic strain "I hate my father cause he makes me pilot giant robots",
Is it really that much better to have most of the cast constantly bitching over their love triangles? There's like four love triangles in this show and it gets really tiring. Ayato's character devolves into angsting over whether or not he's a Mulian when he doesn't even have blue blood and it doesn't mean jack shit.

>and the love interest of the main character is an adult woman that doesn't throw a fit every 5 seconds.
Until the second half of the show where she starts doing that constantly.
>>
>>15458104
>the antagonists have their well defined reasons for doing what they're doing,
Okay, tell me what the goals of the antagonists were. Tell me why the Mulians were trying to take over the world if their leader's goal was to have Ayato rewrite the world. Tell me why she wanted Ayato to rewrite the world in the first place. What does she gain from it? What do the Mulians gain from it if their goal is otherwise to conquer the world?

If you can't explain this then you have no right to claim that. And don't try to shift the burden of proof or move the goalposts, explain to me in a concise manner what the goals of the antagonists were.

The closest we ever get is the head of the mysterious foundation guy's "i wanted to see what would happen" in the final episode.
>>
>>15458041
Hi delusional evafag.
>>
>>15458183
Jokes on you I like gunbuster.
>>
File: 1486626316688.jpg (132KB, 1008x386px) Image search: [Google]
1486626316688.jpg
132KB, 1008x386px
Appropriate. So much BS that didnt matter. Don't know why the pilots were there. Yeah, this is only for folks who want to pretend that more complicated weird ookey puppetmasters makes a show better, people who didn't.see Outlaw Star episode "Cats Girls and Spaceships", and folks butthurt Misato lost the Shinji Owl.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.