[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was char a newtype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

was char a newtype?
>>
Yes, but a strictly average one. For more information, watch Char's Counterattack.
>>
>>15449434
im working through zeta now, would i miss anything by watching it now without finishing zeta?
>>
>>15449472
Mostly what >>15449460, as in his performance against not-Amuro newtypes. Also, depending on your episode, you can lose some of his motivation for what he does in CC.
So don't.
>>
>>15449460
>For more information, watch Char's Counterattack
What information? I don't remember there being any information about this in CCA.
>>
>>15449765
Well, for one, it took a long time for Amuro to beat Char.
>>
>>15449769
Amuro was clearly stronger tho. Kinda pathetic how weak Char was by comparison
>>
>>15449434
>was char a newtype?

Char was a char, that should be enough.
>>
Who was the strongest newtype anyway?
>>
>>15449886
Me anon. It was me
>>
>>15449434
Char was a weak-average newtype. but he was arguably the best pilot in the UC and that let him fight against powerful newtypes on an even playing field.
>>
>>15449905
Bullshit, I'd argue that Yazan, Usso, Amuro himself, and probably a few others from side manga's are better than him.

Hell Yazan aint even a new type and he has a win on him
>>
>>15449910
Char tied with Amuro at A Bao Qu. Could Yazan have done that?
>>
>>15449910
>Yazan aint even a new type
Why do people keep saying this? I remember Yazan getting all trippy on at least several occasions.
>>
>>15449945
the only one tripping is you
>>
>>15449945
He is probably just like a sub-newtype who is reacting to other newtype but doesn't have the powers. Kinda like a lot of the White Base crew actually.
>>
>>15449931
Honestly, if he had the gundam I wouldn't put it pasthim
>>
>>15449945
He had a case of abstinence, since its been a while since he violated someone
>>
>>15449962
I didn't know such a classification exists. What exactly are "the powers"? It's not some sort of superpower. A Newtype is a Newtype is a Newtype. Most of the White Base crew were Newtypes.
>>
>>15449968
>>15449968
But they were super-weak newtypes to the point that they simply had a passive familiarity with newtypes, being able to sense that "maybe this person is a newtype" and being susceptible to newtypes mind-talking with them (this way and never the other way around). They had only very weak passive "powers", nothing else and Yazan kinda fits the bill over those as well seeing how he "feels" other newtypes. Doesn't mean that gives him any big edge in battle other than "the enemy pilot is probably a newtype".
>>
>>15449974
From what I remember Newtype powers have consistently been defined as expanded perceprion. But I don't know to what extent the way they have been portrayed in the show actually fits that definition.
>>
File: V Gundam Sidestory 035.jpg (561KB, 1480x2127px) Image search: [Google]
V Gundam Sidestory 035.jpg
561KB, 1480x2127px
>>15449968
Precognition and spatial awareness is kinda common among most newtypes, but come Zeta you have Haman and Scirocco throwing psychic attacks at each other. And of course, Scirocco was able to use the last of his willpower to fry Kamille's mind, although I wonder if it was only possible due to the biosensors in both suits. Haman definitely never had a biosensor of her own, though. In ZZ, Judau causes the ground to tremor and shake, all due to his anger. It's not something that only newtypes could feel, but normal people all over the city could feel the ground shake. Also, just before their deaths, Ple and Mashymre were able to project barriers that blocked very strong beams, although in Mashymre's case there's some precedent for "unknown newtype technology" in his Zaku III Custom that may or may not have been a biosensor.

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14094

When you go deeper into side content, it gets weirder. In the Victory sidestory manga, the villain can create psychic illusions which is sort of a strong counter to a newtype's general enhanced awareness (imagine using your mind to fake out an enemy newtype by sending him images that he mistakes for the real thing).

Callisto's Light and Shadow are twin newtypes in Crossbone Gundam Steel Seven who share the ability to instantaneously perceive what the other is seeing and thinking no matter the distance.

As for "sub newtypes", I don't really consider that a classification... but then again, Lila from Zeta seemed to be experienced and perceptive, upon her death she had this odd moment where time seemed to slow down and she seemed to be achieving some kind of enlightenment, she finally understood "what it meant to be an oldtype", but could see how Kamille wasn't just a kid.
>>
>>15449992
>In ZZ, Judau causes the ground to tremor and shake, all due to his anger.
Do you mean 27? Are you sure it's not because of the fighting outside. I just watched it to make sure and only the building in which the party is held shakes and the timing doesn't feel right enough to let me assume that Judau did it.
I guess if you look around you might find other instances of Newtypes in some way interacting physically with their environment without the help of technology but causing the ground to shake sounds like a bit too much.
Though to be honest I can't figure out how technology can help either. Initially I thought that the psycommu is just an amplifier but if it gives its user the ability to control funnels and such does this mean that the user had telekinetic abilities in the first place? Still Tomino keeps insisting that it's not a paranormal ability but simply "expanded perception".
How about magic Ts? How about magic babies? How does this even work?
>>
>>15449992
I don't know if Calisto's Light and Shadow count as plain old Newtype's. They made a point to say they were Psychic, so maybe those abilities weren't entirely related to being Newtype (hell, they could see and hear their sister as well, but it was a one way link, and she definitely didn't show signs of being a Newtype).
>>
File: mu-la-flaga.jpg (27KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
mu-la-flaga.jpg
27KB, 473x473px
>>15449434
the strongest newtype
>>
>>15449769

For another, without being a newtype there'd be no point in him using a psycoframe.
>>
File: Failed newtype Yazan.webm (2MB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
Failed newtype Yazan.webm
2MB, 984x720px
>>15449945
>>15449948

Yazan has a newtype moment against, I believe it's Fa, and refuses to accept it. He could have become a newtype, but wasn't emotionally prepared to accept it so he never did as far as I can tell.
>>
>>15450245
Yeah, but is the love and understanding type of Newtype the same like the piloting type of Newtype? Like, if you are all "you jerks get out of my head" you automatically lose your spatial awareness and heightened reaction speed? Or is it more like you just choose to tune out all that screaming in the background?
>>
>>15450237
Well, following that logic why would anyone doubt he was a Newtype after watching MSG?
He scouted Lalah, used a psycommu, got trippy visions and then if you still wonder even Amuro said "Even though you are a Newtype".
How can you watch MSG and ask if he is a Newtype or not?
>>
>>15450253

I'd imagine it's more strengthening your spatial awareness is part of what allows you to become a newtype in the first place. So turning away from it just means you're a regular oldtype, if one who has superior spatial awareness to most oldtypes.
>>
>>15450263

I didn't.
>>
>>15450268
OP did.
>>
>>15450265
>strengthening your spatial awareness is part of what allows you to become a newtype in the first place
Yeah, that's what I mean too. Expanding your perception lets you become aware of other people. In this webm Yazan is becoming aware of Reccoa and it's weirding him out. But does choosing to disregard those people in your head mean limiting your spatial awareness or does it mean exactly what it says - simply choosing to disregard them?
>>
>>15449886
Amuro or Kamille.
>>
>>15450281

OP also probably doesn't think of Yazan as a failed newtype and presumably doesn't remember a lot of the stuff from 0079 you just stated.
>>
>>15449945
Yazan was able to sense Reccoa's womenly feelings and took her in for Scirocco.
>>
>>15450291

That assumes that choosing to acknowledge those people strengthens your spatial awareness further, which may not be true. I mean it could, who really knows, but it's an assumption all the same.
>>
>>15450299
Oh, well. The general assumption is that the more you use a certain skill the better you are at it. So if you refrained from using a certain skill because you did't want weird people in your head you wouldn't get very good at it. Or something.
>>
File: 7-1267478808958.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7-1267478808958.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>15449886
Judau
Kamille and Amuro have better piloting skills, but Judau has the stronger newtype power.
I heard, that the Unicorn MC has strong newtype abilities as well, but I haven't watched unicorn yet so I can't answer that.
>>
>>15450308

It's also generally assumed that any skill is open to plateu'ing, no matter how much you use it. It's also possible that even if you refuse to open yourself to newtype experiences that your spatial awareness will just continue to improve and you'll have more chances to accept those skills in future because of it but that in the meantime you'll just be a really aware oldtype.
>>
>>15450326
>that your spatial awareness will just continue to improve
Yes. And this is what I mean. You could just use it for piloting without the love and understanding thing?
>>
>>15450332

Yea, possibly. I'd still classify that person as an oldtype, since that increased empathy as well as spatial awareness is what defines a newtype in my opinion.
>>
Banagher is a fantastic newtype "well a cyber newtype" simply for the fact of how much pain he suffers when somebody dies next to him, Marita's death turned him into a temp god.
>>
>>15450404

That wasn't as a reaction to her death though, that was because her newtype ghost appears to him and talks to him and because of the Unicorn itself as well more than likely.
>>
>>15450412
Ok you are right on this one, I kind of forgot how the Unicorn works, similar to the Nu, it just amplifies the ever living fuck out of this kind of shit, so does the Zeta in a way.

So fuck me, who is the very best?
>>
>>15449434
Yes, but I think his growth was stunted after Lalah's death or true potential was forever sealed after it.
>>
>>15449886

I believe it was something like Kamille developed his powers the most (I disagree, I would say that's Scirocco) while Judau had the most raw potential.
>>
>>15449886
Kamille or Judau.

Depending on who is pulling this anecdote out of their ass, Tomino states in an "interview" that either Kamille OR Judau is the most powerful. It's always a variation between those two characters, but nobody has provided the actual interview that confirms who he said was strongest.
>>
>>15450972
>I would say that's Scirocco
But not enough love and understanding. Just mindrape.
>>
>>15449434
Yeah, he was a newtype if 0079 proves anything, but he was a weak one. Like someone said earlier, his piloting skills are what made him such a great fighter.

He probably could've been a stronger newtype if he wasn't borderline autistic/sociopathic. He doesn't understand human beings, which is the opposite of what one needs to be a strong newtype because they work off empathy and interpersonal-cognition.
>>
>>15449434
more like a newhalf
>>
>>15451032
how would he be able to manipulate others so well if he didn't understand humans?
>>
>>15451045
He does understand people, its just that /m/ conflates understanding with empathy ever since UNDERSTANDING became a meme
>>
>>15449886
Seabook
>>
>>15449886
Impossible to tell from watching the series. Supposedly it's kamille or Judau
>>
>>15451032
Someone who uses the words autism and sociopathy interchangeably should have no right to diagnose people.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.