[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Char is the name of someone who is loyal and trustworthy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Char is the name of someone who is loyal and trustworthy.
>>
>>15443241
>filename
He's clearly pulling on that glove.
>>
I like how the more stories they make focusing on him being cool and justified, the more he looks like a deranged lunatic who can't stop betraying people.
>>
File: 1473029466695.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473029466695.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>15443243
>>
Yes, it is.
>>
>>15443243
I swear The Origin makes him look like a serial killer
>>
File: 1479545088766.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479545088766.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15443295
>>
even char knows that he is kinda bonkers.
>>
>>15443241
Casval is the name of someone who is a murderous backstabbing pathological liar
>>
>>15443243
>>15443295
>>15443444
I have a friend who thinks 0079 should've been about Char, since 'he was a much cooler character than Amruo'. For him, The Origin is the best thing that Sunrise has made in years.
The fact that anime Origin Char comes across as a fucking serial killer in the making is completely lost on him, because 'the story is from his perspective, therefore everything he does is justified'.
>>
File: 1452553673178.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452553673178.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>15443241
And who has great taste in women
>>
>>15443241
You're thinking of Quattro
>>
>>15443251
He's technically right, Casval was never really friends with the Lino or Char, and Garma who was the closest friend he couldve had was only killed because he didnt want him to come back and kill him.
He even said Garma was a victim of his name or something. Plus when he was Quattro he never betrayed his side
>>
>>15443879
In The Origin Char is written as a self-insert power fantasy. No wonder an edgy kid would like something like that. Yas has more interest in telling a story that is appealing to his own personal sensibilities than faithfully representing the complexity of the story or the characterization.

>>15443519
I'm not closely acquainted with CDA but having scanned through a few volumes of Define it seems to me that Kitazume is just as much of a Char wanker as Yas. His representation reflects his own personal preferences of course. It's not the illusion of power that he likes but something else. For example like in pic related he seems to dig Char's self-deprecating schtick. Ultimately it's just another self-insert fantasy.

Of course I can't protest against that since they are free persons and they can write whatever they want but when will people here finally realize that somebody's fanfiction is not an authoritative source of information about the story or the characters?
>>
>>15443879
Origin is awesome because Char is clearly a fucking lunatic, not some gary stu that dindu nuffin wrong.
>>
>>15447029
>Origin Amuro and Char's sword duel.
>Char just losing his shit through the fight.
S'awesome.
>>
>>15447029
>Char is clearly a fucking lunatic
Some people would consider that "cool".
Both portrayals are equally bad since they opt to misrepresent reality in favor of catering to their personal or the viewer's preferences.
>>
>>15447050
He betrays the person who gave him his iconic mask and swore loyalty to him and his vendetta in the same episode.

It's on the viewer if they find it cool, not the writers.
>>
>>15447056
It's also on the writers if they chose to represent it as cool.
>>
>>15447059
there's plenty of cool, but part like these also highlight the evil part
>>
>>15447065
You are making the wrongful assumption that an author should write a story with the purpose of moral didactics or that you as a viewer are obligated to make a moral judgement on this basis of this story.
In the first place you should not equate "cool" with "morally good".

Yas, as self-indulgent as he is, is at least not self-righteous. His purpose is not to tell a story that helps you make the distinction between good and bad, nor should it be. He has no moralistic inclinations. His idea is only to tell a story that is gripping and intriguing. His idea is not to portray Char or anyone else as good or evil and no scenes are inserted with the intent of portraying him as good or evil. The scenes that you interpret as portraying moral depravity, for someone like Yas are just scenes that portray something unique, interesting, exciting and in his book unique, interesting, exciting is cool and "good" but it's completely irrelevant if it's "morally good" or not.
>>
>>15447108
>divining the author's intentions

Really, guy?
>>
>>15447142
Yes, how weird that I would try to deduce the author's thoughts and feelings from something that is primarily a mode of communication.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.