[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worthwhile Newtypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 107004.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
107004.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
He's the only one I can think of that was worth putting resources into. Every other newtype was more trouble than they were worth. Kamille could have killed Reccoa, Sarah, Four, and Rosammy early but he didn't because of muh understanding. It's the same with all the others I can think of too. Oh and don't even get me started on those worthless Cyber Newtypes. It seems the federation and the other groups stopped caring too after 0093 since they pretty much stopped bothering with Newtype tech
>>
Wait I guess I forgot about Char.
>>
>>15442320
It was never viable. NT tech only worked for Newtypes. Then there's the fact that there aren't that many of those around, and making Cyber Newtypes requires even more investment like reconditioning (if necessary), drugs (Federation version), a handler, mechanics to repair their NT tech, etc... Sure, investing in Income or a derivative of those would have been great, but it was probably too much for the average pilot to handle.
>>
>>15442320
>Four
That was about getting his dick wet

>Rosammy
Executing the mentally ill is generally frowned upon in most societies.

How about Seabook.
>>
>>15442321
Char wasn't good because of his newtype abilities, he was good because of his other skills
>>
>>15442337
>How about Seabook.
THIS
seabook was the most stable newtype in history
he barely used newtype tech, since biocomputers work with oldtypes as well, and he beat the crossbone vanguard AND the jupiter empire
>>
>>15442342
Yeah but he didn't let his abilities get in the way of his goals. I was pissed off when Kamille kept letting his enemies go
>>15442337
F91 was rushed but he was pretty good I guess
>>
>>15442320
Gyunei was probably the only functioning cyber newtype
Outside of his hot headed attitude he seemed pretty stable when compared to others
>>
>>15442331
>NT tech only worked for Newtypes
Old types can use the NT-D system
>>
>>15442381
All the stable cyber newtypes were weaker than the unstable ones. There was another cyber newtype in Zeta who was stable and had act as Rosammy's handler
>>
>>15442381
The Puru clones were all officially Cyber-Newtypes.

>>15442389
It kills them though
>>
Can Newtypes become stronger by becoming cyber newtypes or does the treatment not do anything?
>>
>>15442320
>Reccoa
>It''s okay that I gassed colonies because Char ignored me and my needs.
I still don't understand her.
>>
>>15442431

She's not exactly hard to understand. Her family died in the One Year War, and she spent her teenage years as a guerrilla fighter watching friends die. She eventually grew tired of only being useful to people as a tool rather than as a personality, and of not having anyone who loved her. That's really all it boils down to: she wanted to be loved, and she was willing to work for awful people and do awful things, knowing that the love she was being offered was illusory so long as she actually felt loved rather than respected.

Emma is her counterpart in the show. A woman who puts duty above herself, refusing Henken seemingly as much because she didn't think love had any place in her life as a soldier and in war as because of any lack of feeling for him. Emma started in the Titans and joined AEUG, Reccoa did the opposite. They kill each other at the end too.
>>
>>15442500
Don't foret that she was raped by Feddies in Jaburo.
>>
>>15442320
Later newtypes like Seabook, Usso and Bellri were all pretty top tier. Minimal drama, just taking advantage of precognition.
>>
File: Banagher01.jpg (36KB, 782x444px) Image search: [Google]
Banagher01.jpg
36KB, 782x444px
So was Banagher just a Newtype or a Cyber Newtype that turned into a Newtype?
>>
>>15445472
I felt he was either a cyber newtype who evolved into a true newtype or he was a true newtype all along and his father just liked messing with his powers.
>>
>>15442320
Worthwhile or not, Amuro didn't survive a literal mind rape like Kamille did.
>>
>>15442320
Of all the fucking newtypes - Lalah, Kamille, Scirocco, Haman, Judau, Banagher, Riddhe, Mafty, Lane, Seabook, Tobia, Uso - and cyber-newtypes - Four, Rosamia, Gates, Ples 2-12, Gyunei, Carozzo - you think Amuro is the only worthwhile one? The character whose newtype abilities falter compared to most of the above?
>>
>>15445472
Probably a natural newtype who received partial "cybridization" and had that memory mostly suppressed. That explains why he's instanty good at piloting the Unicorn, even out of Destroy Mode.
>>
>>15445508
>Worthwhile or not, Amuro didn't survive a literal mind rape like Kamille did.
Amuro wouldn't put himself in that position to begin with
>>
>>15445576
>The character whose newtype abilities falter compared to most of the above?
Amuro's about as powerful as Kamille
>>
>>15445688
Based on?
>>
>>15445508
Amuro ascended
>>
>>15445691
In Zeta he could hear Four more clearly than Kamille could. Also Kamille greatest feat was because of the Zeta's bio computer so if you count that you'd have to count Amuro stopping Axis
>>
>>15445576
>Scirocco, Seabook, Tobia, and Uso
Powerful newtypes that aren't spergs
>the rest
Retards who let their emotions and newtype powers get in the way
>Cyber Newtypes
Garbage. The stable ones like Gyunei are weak too
>>
>>15445708
And in ZZ, Kamille was able to casually communicate across large distances and help Judau in his fight against Haman - from Earth. Come now, using early/mid Kamille instead of, at the very least, end of Zeta Kamille is messed up.

Besides. the psycoframe resonated because of the will of everybody wanting to stop Axis, it wasn't Amuro alone. From what I recall of CCA (having last seen it half a decade ago), Amuro wasn't extremely adept with his funnels and tended to just use maybe a few at a time for sneak attacks.
>>
>>15445708

Wasn't the biocomputer a retcon to explain something that the series attributes to Kamille himself? I believe he also talked to people out in space from down on the planet in ZZ.
>>
>>15445708
>>15445737
The Bio Computer is what the F91 had, and it was a reverse-psycommu, basically.

As for whether the Biosensor was a retcon or not, one would need to look at manuals from around that time to know. I'm doubtful that it was a retcon though - typically they like to include thin explanations for how something can happen, so I could see the Biosensor being there from the beginning.
>>
File: Sayla.Mass.full.427601[1].jpg (251KB, 979x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sayla.Mass.full.427601[1].jpg
251KB, 979x1600px
forgot a newtype /m/
>>
>>15445732
>Amuro wasn't extremely adept with his funnels and tended to just use maybe a few at a time for sneak attacks.
His funnels were too sensitive which was a design flaw that he going to fix later
>>
>>15445755
>>15445737
My bad I meant the Bio sensor. I always mix them up
>>
>>15445737
>>15445755
The ghosts said that Zeta Gundam could power itself up so the bio sensor was always a thing.
>>
>>15445703
Kamille's ghost helped Judua in the final ep of ZZ even though he never died.
>>
>>15442342
He was good up till Amuro "I'll smack Char till he goes afar" Rey shows up.
>>
>>15442320
Judau was a good newtype sorry
>>
>>15447121
>WAHHH I HATE YOU ADULTS
>runs away to Jupiter
Yeah what a great newtype
>>
>>15442342
>Char
>literally the jobber of UC

find me an actual named ace Char has shot down

you can't
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.