[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth watching the movie trilogy after I've seen the show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is it worth watching the movie trilogy after I've seen the show?
>>
They make for a nice refresh if it's been a couple years, but if you just saw the series I can't see any reason. You can read up on the minor differences if you're really curious.
>>
The third movie has some good stuff by Itano.
>>
Yeah, check out the third movie at least. Lots of new animated stuff and some great A'baoa Qu scenes.
>>
Honestly, the movie trilogy is the objectively best way to watch the original Gundam imo. Definitely worth watching if you liked the series.
>>
If it has been a few years. The third one is pretty worthwhile regardless though.
>>
>>15440430
>Honestly, the movie trilogy is the objectively best way to watch the original Gundam imo.

I would say that it probably has the best chance of enticing people who aren't used to older anime, since it's fairly condensed. But from an objective point of view, the narrative is fairly inferior because it's condensed.
>>
>>15440977
Oh no, all the filler, stock footage, and Mobile Armor of the week stuff is cut out! How dare they! Too bad all the character development is still in the movies. They should have cut that out too.
>>
>>15440985
Settle down there, bub.
>>
>>15440985
There are extremely rushed and truncated portions of the main plot and key character development in the movies, especially in the latter portions.
>>
>>15440051
Nah. Other than giving a base for your shitposts in "TV vs movies" discussions, there really isn't a whole lot that would make the transition from show to movies worthwhile.

The only real reason to watch the movies after the show is if you want to go through the 0079 story all over again, but don't have a lot of time to devote to it.
>>
>>15440996
Don't tell me to settle down, dud.
>>
>>15440051
>Not watching every variation of 0079 for comparison
What a casual

Movie 3 is one of the only parts of Gundam I would actually recommend to general sci-fi action fans, but I can't get anyone to watch through the whole trilogy to see it. They get somewhere into the Earth sections and just go 'yeah I'm good now'.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.