[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gay digimon couple ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 26

File: yuujin haru.webm (1MB, 700x380px) Image search: [Google]
yuujin haru.webm
1MB, 700x380px
First gay digimon couple ever?
>>
>>15438695
no because yuujin is an evil digimon who took human form
>>
>>15438695
Now watch as nearly all the art of them is hetero, since nearly all the art of previous Digimon characters was gay.
>>
>>15438695
They're like 12
>>
>>15438695
is this still on?
>>
File: friend you say.webm (3MB, 550x348px) Image search: [Google]
friend you say.webm
3MB, 550x348px
>>
how heartbroken will haru be when his boyfriend is revealed to be a digimon spy in human form?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (98KB, 1265x684px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
98KB, 1265x684px
I told you dawg
Ai is literally AI and final boss
>>
>>15438695
Daisuke and Ken were, but Ken got raped by Miyako and she forced him to marry her.
>>
>>15438695
Takeru and Daisuke got together after 02 when they realized Hikari only wanted to fuck her brother.
>>
>>15438798
daisuke is dead bro
>>
>>15438807
Split timelines at most, probably has a "everything returns to how it started" ending
>>
>>15438807
Yeah, but in the lost future, he ran a noodle cart and came home to Takeru.
>>
>>15438745

What's with the weird cropping?
>>
File: friend you say.webm (2MB, 550x298px) Image search: [Google]
friend you say.webm
2MB, 550x298px
>>15438844
Dunno how that got fucked up.
>>
I want to punch that idol in the face
>>
Idols make me want to die

Japan is weird
>>
>>15439329
Why do they trigger you so much?
>>
>>15439329
>Idols make me want to die
Youre a little sensitive bitch
>>
File: Shu.png (3MB, 680x1914px) Image search: [Google]
Shu.png
3MB, 680x1914px
>>
>People still shipping Yuujin with Haru
>Haru clearly wants to bone Ai and doesn't mind Eri
>Yuujin putting his arms around Rei and Eri instead of Haru in the opening

It's dead senpai, let bros be bros.
>>
>>15438777
I think Yujin is human. It's his 'mother' that worries me.
>>
>>15438745
Wow.
>>
>>15439329
Same, the whole phenomenon just gives me Stepford Wives vibes.
>>
I want to grab her pigtails and throttle her from behind
>>
Humans are gay
Can digimon be gay?
>>
>>15441733
As much as anything that doesn't technically have a gender can be, I guess. Don't they not even breed, thinking about it?
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>15438807
>>15438838
I haven't been keeping up with Tri. What?
>>
>>15441802
Nigger that explained nothing. They could have been dead or brainwashed or whatever.
>>
>>15440149
The show feels like it wants to push Eri and Haru despite Ai.
>>
File: 39834095_p0.jpg (2MB, 4096x1197px) Image search: [Google]
39834095_p0.jpg
2MB, 4096x1197px
What is the best /m/ digimon design?
>>
>>15438695
>his name literally means lifelong friend
>>
>>15441967
the shield liger
>>
>>15441967
Mugendramon
>>
File: Z1tTllF.jpg (11KB, 339x337px) Image search: [Google]
Z1tTllF.jpg
11KB, 339x337px
>>15438745
>>
>>15441807
Or defeated, or captured... People say they're dead just to believe they're watching a adult show
>>
File: C83nq30VYAA-r69.jpg (137KB, 880x920px) Image search: [Google]
C83nq30VYAA-r69.jpg
137KB, 880x920px
>>
>>15443092
>People say they're dead just to believe they're watching a adult show
No
People are saying they are dead because that's what they really wish for
I don't think you understand just how many fans dislike 02
The majority of fans I know and seen on 4chan hate 02 a lot more than the rest of the series
I thought it was okay when I was a wee lad
>>
>>15443132
As someone who recently rewatched 1,2, tamers, and frontier for a stream, 2 wasn't unwatchable but it was not great. I remember frontier being horrible but after rewatching it i realized it wasn't complete dog shit, but again just kinda there. 2 is def one of the weaker ones though.

I'm really enjoying Tri, but I'm hoping 02 kids just stay away since Digimon Kaiser has already appeared and they are somewhat dismissive of him instead of looking for ken and pals.
>>
File: Shoutmon_EX6_3591_(DCo).jpg (65KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shoutmon_EX6_3591_(DCo).jpg
65KB, 360x480px
>>15441967
Shoutmon EX6.

>>15443180
Fortunately, I don't think the writers or the Japanese fandom are as vindictive as the NA fandom, so they probably will explain that in the next or last installment.
>>
>>15438786
>Ai hasn't gotten Appdrive and appmon
Disappointed, She seems like she deserves one after finding out the secret
>>
>>15441687
It's aggressively cheery and bubbly to the point of feeling fake and offputting.
>>
>>15446238
Eh, nah. Too plain.

>>15446320
Don't forget they're expected to keep up the act at all times. It's rather depressing once you look into "idol culture".
>>
I mean it's not like previous seasons haven't had moments like this before between male leads that didn't go anywhere
>>
File: Onmon.jpg (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Onmon.jpg
114KB, 320x320px
>>15446238

watch her get Onmon
>>
File: satellamon.png (1MB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
satellamon.png
1MB, 1280x719px
>yfw they made a digimon who acted like kaiketsu zubat
>>
>>15441807
>>15443092
It doesn't matter since Tri doesn't care about them anyway
>>
Appmon any good? Been meaning to pick up Tri as well, and I haven't watched anything since Savers.
>>
>>15446840
Its pretty meh. The story is okay, but characters are kind of annoying save for a couple..
>>
>>15446840
Appmon's been pretty cookie cutter. The way they apply the Appmon abilities is kind of interesting, but the fights are ok at best, and the plot plays it safe compared to past shows.

The biggest blow is the music. If you've watched past Digimon shows, the music used for evolutions and such was awesome, and definitely helped set the mood, but Appmon's music is lacking in that regard.
>>
>>15443180
I personally think 02 deserves all the hatred it gets. The amount of plot holes, devaluing of the previous casts accomplishments, loose ends, does ideas, awful characters, and terrible ideas really just makes it one of the hardest things to watch. I don't comprehend anyone thinking anything is worse except YH, and that's debatable.

Either way it's best the 02 cast had minimal involvement of don't show up in Tri purely because the cast is bloated as is.

>>15443263
Majority of western fans just remember it fondly via nostalgia for when they originally watched it and never delving deep into the series. It's the diehards who went back and rewatched things or experienced it in full as an adult that hate it. Japanese fans are probably more cruel because they just ignore it, the only thing they liked were certain Digimon designs and Ken.

>>15446840
It's okay, I rank it above Frontier. It plays things very safe and gets pretty boring, this is the first point in the franchise it really goes hard in the paint with being specifically marketed towards just children. They very clearly want that Yokai Watch money.

As for Tri you should watch it. Do not consider then movies because they really aren't, it's an OVA being released in theatres with theatrical style cuts. It has a solid albeit slow start, some filler that is very boring is not outright grating, then the plot kicks in and it's all uphill from there. I also say give Xros a try, just don't watch Young Hunters.
>>
>>15447387
>Japanese fans are probably more cruel because they just ignore it, the only thing they liked were certain Digimon designs and Ken.

02 is popular with the general fanbase in Japan same as it is here. Like, the majority of fanworks use the designs from 02 and whatnot.
>>
>>15447415
>02 is popular with the general fanbase in Japan same as it is here
No, it's really not. Toei tried to feel out how Japan feels about the 02 kids via the Blu-ray anniversary release and a small amount of merch. Guess what happened? The BD flopped super hard and the only thing with good sales numbers were the Ken figures.

Japan probably cares less about 02 than the west, they seem to only really care about Adventure and Tamers. Savers might have a slightly higher amount of fanfare than the others but it's always been more a fan favorite and just did okay with the more casual viewers, so it's probably only slightly higher than the other 3 series and trails the 2 most popular by miles. Frontier and Xros however did terribly in Japan, in part due to extremely poor marketing and I know Xros had time slot issues. Young Hunters is one of the biggest failures due to it starting as just a last minute time slot filler.
>>
>>15446840
Pretty good. As all digimon, its underappreciated despite it appealing to the people it has to appeal to. It starts as a generic toy ad show but ends up having a great balance of plot based and self contained episodes. Fights are shit though. Which sucks because they already have cgi models for the more powerful digimon.

As for tri, its mostly an unnecesary retread of the first season that's mostly about the human characters having retarded drama. The first two ovas are trash. The third kinda picks up. The fourth is heavily padded, which wouldnt be an issue if it werent, well, the fourth, so the plot should move way faster.
>>
>>15447455
>No, it's really not. Toei tried to feel out how Japan feels about the 02 kids via the Blu-ray anniversary release and a small amount of merch. Guess what happened? The BD flopped super hard and the only thing with good sales numbers were the Ken figures.

They've only ever released Ken and Daisuke in the GEM line. Kind of hard for all of two figures to "flop hard"

>Japan probably cares less about 02 than the west, they seem to only really care about Adventure and Tamers. Savers might have a slightly higher amount of fanfare than the others but it's always been more a fan favorite and just did okay with the more casual viewers, so it's probably only slightly higher than the other 3 series and trails the 2 most popular by miles. Frontier and Xros however did terribly in Japan, in part due to extremely poor marketing and I know Xros had time slot issues. Young Hunters is one of the biggest failures due to it starting as just a last minute time slot filler.

Savers didn't do well at all, dude. They cancelled toys halfway through and nothing came out for the franchise except video games for another couple years. I love Savers, but okayish ratings for the time don't mean it was a success where it counted.
>>
>>15446740
You are only the second best in the Digital World!
>>
>>15447482
>They've only ever released Ken and Daisuke in the GEM line. Kind of hard for all of two figures to "flop hard"
Daisuke and the BD flopped hard, that's why they didn't finish GEM releases for 02 and moved on to Tamers.

>Savers didn't do well at all, dude. They cancelled toys halfway through and nothing came out for the franchise except video games for another couple years. I love Savers, but okayish ratings for the time don't mean it was a success where it counted.
It wasn't amazing ratings wise but it did way better than Frontier and Xros. Savers still has some fanfare and gets more inclusion in games. I think Masaru was pretty popular which was why they picked him to be the second most prominent character in the Young Hunters crossover arc.
>>
>>15447548

... except the first Tamers characters in the GEM line were announced BEFORE Daisuke. Your timeline doesn't track.

And ratings were the only area where Savers was decent. It even beat Bleach semi-regularly. It was reasonably popular with older fans but kids didn't like it. Multiple toys were cancelled midway through and the card game failed to revive things. In any case, it's the series to get some of the least amount of fanwork.

Masaru being so prominent in Hunters likely has more to do with Sanjo taking to the character. Also the Digimon showing up only goes so far - if their being around a lot means something, why doesn't V-mon being a video game mainstay matter?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (211KB, 1269x683px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
211KB, 1269x683px
Being gay in Japan is bad publicity?
>>
>>15438695
Rika and Renamon... Except in the German version, where Renamon was a man. Because Bestiality is ok in Germany, but homolust is too much.
>>
>>15447852
Savers was the time when the digimon story video game series took off, which is why it's mon's are so prominent in digimon video games today.

V-mon is about as common as Veedramon by now, and that is because of their evolutions (magnamon, ulforce veedramon and imperialdramon) being a mainsty in terms of royal knights or bare minimum 02 representation.
>>
>>15447852
>And ratings were the only area where Savers was decent. It even beat Bleach semi-regularly. It was reasonably popular with older fans but kids didn't like it. Multiple toys were cancelled midway through and the card game failed to revive things. In any case, it's the series to get some of the least amount of fanwork.
To be fair Bandai has been horribly botching the toy lines for Digimon since Frontier, with even Tamers not having a great toy line. Really just an overall issue with the franchise is Bandai severely mishandling the merchandising. Appmon has been much better about merchandise but you hit the nail on the head that Digimon is in this weird zone of not knowing how to properly merchandise when the series is more popular with older fans rather than little kids. Tri's merchandising seems to have indicated to them that higher quality stuff targeted at an older audience prone to collecting is probably their best bet.

>Masaru being so prominent in Hunters likely has more to do with Sanjo taking to the character.
I won't deny that I can't fully wrap my mind around how that whole crossover was happening. Could have been a number of reasons like just the voice actor being available or that it fit Masaru more to be in the most enthusiastic role.

>Also the Digimon showing up only goes so far - if their being around a lot means something, why doesn't V-mon being a video game mainstay matter?
I never said it didn't and V-mon along with Imperialdramon are fan favorites. But the games always include all partner Digimon lines, even Savers Agumon has a considerable amount of push since he debuted.

Ultimately you are right in criticizing my assessment that Savers might be more popular than 02. While it has better reception amongst older fans it was purely a modest ratings success and never reached the peak 02 was able to do by riding Adventures coattails. 02 definitely rides better on casual nostalgia than Savers can on the core fanbase which is kinda sad.
>>
File: digimonadventure-1.jpg (2MB, 1600x1557px) Image search: [Google]
digimonadventure-1.jpg
2MB, 1600x1557px
My review of Digimon Adventure and here's my opinion: The first two arc are more childlike fun, but the next two bows are well mature and epic, the real-world invasion is more realistic than several "adult" anime's, he is very mature for a children's anime and the series is a lot better than I remembered, it is really good, nor does it need nostalgia to see her, she did not get worse like most animes that is reviewed older, she actually improved and I've never seen a children's drawing will kill so many characters. The characters are well-developed, they all have a background story and they learn to mature, they are all charismatic and well-developed, and you can not believe it's a child's drawing.
>>
I finished seeing the series and here's my opinion; The series is good although it is inferior to the previous one, it has many episodes fillers that are of no use, the arc in the real world of three parts is horrible, but the arc of Daemon is great but ends without end, who knows they exploit him and the black ocean better in Tri, the new characters are inferior to those of the 1, taking Ken who is great and the best, Archnemon was a better villain at first, but later became the rocket team of the series, BlackwarGreymon was a great character and the Its story ended looking like it could have been better explored, in fact the series is full of a wasted potential.
>>
File: Digimon.Tamers.full.1580908.jpg (1MB, 3000x833px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.Tamers.full.1580908.jpg
1MB, 3000x833px
Here is my opinion: It is the best Digimon series, with the most realistic and serious history, the weirdest digital world as it looked even different, the digimon mentality as something just programmed, to defeat and absorb data from the defeated digimons , The final stretch was epic, seriously it gave Juri a lot of pain in this final arc, she suffered all the time and even talks about killing herself, but in the end she learns to overcome her losses from her mother and Leomon (he died again in the series, was only a short time as her partner, he only served to die and have her arc), the villain was great being an evolving AI and went to another dimesão (his final appearance reminded Evangelion),, This time the humans helped a lot in the battles using the cards they did not serve only to be screaming, the main trio is well developed along with Juri, the rest was just rest, Ryo was the most mysterious character, did not show him when he was not with the others, we do not know how he thinks or how he managed to merge with his digimon, in this Adventure 01 was superior with all the characters developed, some more and some less (taking Hikari Deus Ex Machina) but both have qualities and are in the same Level with great character development and history, the defeat of the final villain was intelligent and had logic of arc with the story, did not have a Deus Ex Machina in which they defeat him with the power of the feelings, the serif is better than the so-called "adult" series and has neither foot nor head or character development.
>>
File: Digimon.Frontier.full.1460676.jpg (2MB, 3839x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.Frontier.full.1460676.jpg
2MB, 3839x2160px
One of the things to talk about this season is that the kids themselves turn into digimons and have no partners, which was refreshing, and they really fought not only gave orders (which made several villains wonder why they fought for a world they were not of them) and I found the design of legendary warriors very cool and I liked the protagonists that even though they were not so developed their traumas compared to other series still matured and the one who owned the best story for me was that of the twins, that whole part of him as evil and its story was quite touching clear that the series has some flaws as it has many episode fillers and episodic, such as an entire episode to clear a train, the holy warrior villains taking out Mercuremon no threat, even the arc of the royal knigth even being repetitive I Cherubimon and Lucemon were good villains, the first being with a good history and menacing and the second one of the best and most powerful villains of the franchise, I liked the concept of digi-code in which the areas were absorbed, the history has logic with a progression without holes of script, different from Adventure 01 in That the villains only appear one after the other without any connection between them, another defect is that by taking Takuya and Koji the others stop to gain evolutions, these two have two evolutions more than the rest, all series always focus more on the protagonist and the anti-social boy, this one was the most exaggerated, the others Children have become practically cheerleaders in the middle of the series, I missed a real world arc that in other series for me was always one of the best parts, this series tries very much to want to be an adventure 2.0. However I quite liked her, the characters and their story, of course not one of the best still worth seeing, she is better than Adventure 02, and of course KaiserLeomon had to die to keep the tradition.
>>
>>15446724
I don't know. Yuujin is straight up saying he'd die for Haru
And even Gatchmon commented on how it was like a date
>>
File: Duskmon.jpg (167KB, 750x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Duskmon.jpg
167KB, 750x1162px
>>15448196
frontier is much better in manga form.
>>
File: summer_advent_by_digistardbz.jpg (202KB, 1223x654px) Image search: [Google]
summer_advent_by_digistardbz.jpg
202KB, 1223x654px
I finished the series: I liked it a lot, it has a slow start but soon after to get better and better, I liked the fact that the half-serial villains are human something unheard of in Digimon, Kurata was the villain gave more rage of all series and I wanted to kill him, I liked the idea of the Bio-Hybrids although they could have appeared more, about the most developed characters were Tohmas and Ikuto the rest practically had no development, the protagonist practically stayed the same from beginning to end he was the protagonist that I less liked in digimon, in fact several moments I was angry or rolled his eyes when he talked about "talk with the fists" or talk of a real man or other shit like that, he took several Deus Ex Machina out of nowhere And did several impossible things, I was angry when he broke the shield of Craniamon with his fist and several other scenes so, already the girl was the personage with less prominence and development she only had an episode centered in its past and personality and she was to be the girl of the group, I liked the final bow with the Royal Knight and Yggdrasil, and neither speak of the death of Bancholeomon. This was a good series that resembled a little Tamers with the human company, the biggest focus on the human world, the climate and a more digital digital world and less narnia (I'm talking about you frontier).
>>
>>15448443

yeah and Frontier had Kouji and Kouichi had a bro moment that had LordKnightmon comment on how beautiful it was
>>
>>15438745

this scene seems made for some youtuber to make a 15 minute explanation on how coming out of the darkness means something.
>>
>>15448534
Is 02 any better in that form? Also, where'd you get those scans from?
>>
>>15449246
If it's anything like the Tamers adaption, most likely not. But then again it's 02, so maybe abridging the plot works in it's favor.
>>
>>15447455
Uh no.

Pretty sure Xros was one of the better selling Digimon titles at the time. But the thing is, it's not because of the toys - but because of DigicaTaisen.

I remember even Bandai saying that PreCure and Digimon were surprisingly doing so well.
>>
>>15449958
Pretty sure that's not the case since the toys stopped pretty early in the series run and they were doing so poorly they had to market the second half like a different show, even going so far as to give it a different name
>>
>>15450213
did you even read what I posted? jesus

it's not the toy sales that boosted xros, it was the digica taisen, you know? the cards did, it's why you get shit like Black Shoutmon and various Xrosses from there

also no, is this what circulates in Digimon history now? they made a "season 2" because there was still a gap between Xros and Saint Seiya

sheesh, this is why we need something that goes back as early as 2011 for archives
>>
>>15450240
>it's not the toy sales that boosted xros, it was the digica taisen, you know? the cards did, it's why you get shit like Black Shoutmon and various Xrosses from there
But didn't digica taisen die pretty quick? Also a card game alone, and not one as huge as yugioh or any other card based shows, is difficult to bolster a show alone since toy sales were absolute shit.

>also no, is this what circulates in Digimon history now? they made a "season 2" because there was still a gap between Xros and Saint Seiya
No that's why they made Young Hunters, they marketed Xros as Death Generals and treated it like a new series to garner interest.
>>
>>15450279
>But didn't digica taisen die pretty quick?
Uh no it didn't. Pretty much lasted after a while after Xros died. Also what? It's not a trading card game (that was Jintrix which became Crusaders which became Collectors). It's an arcade card game.

>they marketed Xros as Death Generals and treated it like a new series to garner interest.

No they didn't, that was Young Hunters. Literally outright stated that DG is a season cour name than a new series.
>>
>>15450300
>Uh no it didn't. Pretty much lasted after a while after Xros died. Also what? It's not a trading card game (that was Jintrix which became Crusaders which became Collectors). It's an arcade card game.
I will take your word on that, as I only know about the toy sales and only vaguely know about digica taisen. Still an arcade card game as the sole successful merchandising (didn't it also have several other series characters as playable generals?) is not a good sign for a show.

>No they didn't, that was Young Hunters. Literally outright stated that DG is a season cour name than a new series.
Yes I know it's just a new cour but they treated it like it was a new show. I know that literally no second series of Xros was made into Young Hunters was scraped together at the last second, but they have Death Generals a new name to try and boost interest due to very poor ratings and non-existant toy sales. I want to say it had worse viewership than Frontier but I don't have that archive site that lists Digimon season viewer numbers on hand.
>>
>>15450315
it had other characters but mostly because they have factions based on Xros and they still use Xros assets (i.e. pikmons, those waddle rexes kiriya has, monitamons, etc.), it's why Jintrix etc. was made to begin with, because it was successful (and actually kept stuff like Shoutmon having no level)

and no they didn't treat it as a new series, it's literally a continuation and even the episode numbering went from 30 to 31, also it actually had good ratings from its time slot in both ways from what I heard, occasionally beating One Piece apparently

you weren't around here when Xros was airing and it was being shitposted by /m/ right? even had a viva olegna cheer
>>
>>15450322
>occasionally beating One Piece apparently
What? No. "Good ratings for its timeslot" was still crap around 2 or 3%, nowhere near One Piece which at the time often went above 10% fairly often.
>>
>>15450335
pretty sure it wasn't otherwise, forgot where that data came from, but it was doing well
>>
>>15450322
Xros Wars never aired across One Piece. The first 30 episodes aired at 6pm on weekdays before the show got kicked off a 6:30am Sunday mornings slot.
>>
>>15450342
then what anime was being compared to it? Bleach?
>>
>>15450343
It aired on the same day as Bleach so probably.
>>
>>15450343
Yeah, you're probably thinking about Bleach. With an average above 3% in the original timeslot, Xros Wars was beating Bleach in its original timeslot.

Of course, that's not a good comparison after all since Bleach ended up getting cancelled one year later in spite of being a long running anime that had been in its timeslot for years.
>>
File: Digimon.Xros.Wars.full.801021.jpg (500KB, 2170x765px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.Xros.Wars.full.801021.jpg
500KB, 2170x765px
I liked the series although it has some problems: most of the digimons are useless and of no use, having very few apparitions, the two friends of the protagonists are useless that are of no use, the protagonist himself is a Gary Stu, he is Super intelligent, always makes plans, helps everyone, he is altruistic, their only development is at the end of the series and even so it is fast, Nene and Kiriha are the best characters of the series and with stories of background and development, although the personality of Kiriha was very exaggerated and Nene switched her main digimon to Mervamon that served practically only to fanservice, her "relationship" with Beelzebumon came out of nowhere and was forced, and also where Kiriha and Nene took their new clothes in the second half, in fact where Nene took that lot of fantasies out of nowhere? And also Lilithmon and Blastmon in the second part of the series became comic reliefs without any function, Bagramon was a useless person who just sat and did nothing, he brought Kiriha to the digital world for no reason, did not try to bring him to his side , He ignored him and let him do whatever he wanted and destroy his armies, if his general had not revealed the truth and tried to bring him to his side he would have continued to ignore him, so why the hell did you bring him? DarkKnightmon was the best villain in the series and used his head and made plans, he was smart using Nene and then manipulating Yuu making him think that everything was a game. Despite all this the series is worth only, the battles are good, on a good idea and I quite enjoyed and I enjoyed the series, and they had to kill Apolllomon twice and Madleomon, someone in Digimon must hate lions digimons.
>>
>>15450322
>those waddle rexes
Gaossmon

>and no they didn't treat it as a new series, it's literally a continuation and even the episode numbering went from 30 to 31,
They made a big deal about it having a name change and pushed it like things were never going to be the same. On the episode preview, I watch every single one in anime and I don't know why, they talk about it as a "whole new journey" which they never do when the arc changes they only do it when they launch a new series. Death Generals was named differently and several things got revamped because the reception wasn't very good.

>also it actually had good ratings from its time slot in both ways from what I heard, occasionally beating One Piece apparently
No, it didn't. It had pretty consistently awful-mediocre ratings. Every single Digimon show has been able to break consistently into top 10 for viewership, Adventure consistently entering the top 5. Even Savers which was only a modest viewership success was in top 10 for almost half it's episodes. Do you know how many times Xros hit top 10? Once, when Death Generals started and that was in part due to an earthquake that day meant other shows got less viewership because everyone was watching the news. Xros was the worst viewership performance since Frontier which only got 4 top 10 episodes.

I'm pretty sure YH was a fucking bomb outside of the episode where the old heroes kill Vamdemon by the truckload but that whole arc was attempting to push fanservice to the max for views.

>you weren't around here when Xros was airing and it was being shitposted by /m/ right? even had a viva olegna cheer
No I wasn't, unfortunately I wasn't into mecha at the time and didn't fully watch Xros back then. Shame, because that Olegmon was filled with so many things I know /m/ would go crazy for. Gappo gappo! Viva Olegna!
>>
>>15450343
>>15450346
>>15450349
And beating Bleach wasn't an accomplishment because at the time Bleach had such bad sales/viewership it's the reason the franchise got cancelled.
>>
>>15450350
Shoutmon is the protagonist, not the humans. Also what? Taiki isn't a sue, he's just not retarded like most Digimon protagonists.

>>15450359
>>15450349
Still means it wasn't that much of a ratings bog like many people say.

>>15450355
It wasn't named differently, Xros Wars was still a big name rather than DG taking over. It wasn't even a new journey from what they talked about - more like a new battle.

And we don't talk about YH. It's Xros's personal 02.
>>
File: Digimon.Xros.Wars.full.1102479.jpg (3MB, 2200x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.Xros.Wars.full.1102479.jpg
3MB, 2200x1739px
This is the worst series digimon, It has several problems, the protagonist is the worst of all, maybe the worst character in general of all, he is super annoying, retarded and does not think of not, only in "hunts", he who practically captures all the digimons of the series and has all the battles, Taiki and Yuu can count on the fingers of one hand the number of battles they has besides that they had practically no episodes centered on them were only figurations, and while in the previous series the digimons seemed their own characters and the protagonists were only the generals of the battles in this they became generic pokemons that only served to be captured and had no personality, the rival Hunters also had no development in the series, you have in the end they helping them as if they were protagonists being that we neither saw them repent of their questionable attitudes which they did during the series as if they just out of nowhere became heroes being that Ren was the one with the worst development, he had featured in only 1 episode filler you could take him out of the series that would not change anything he just served to have the same number Of characters in both teams, Ryouma then did not show any angry / sad scene by his partner who was together with him for a year was manipulating him and using him the whole time, the characters of the other series only appeared to fanservice, they did not serve to nothing in the end and Masaru have defeated several VenomVandemon and MaloVamdemon only with punches!
>>
I remember how I was angry with him, although now he is no longer the worst protagonist (and according to the last episode we found that a hero needs to have goggles, sorry Masaru), they must have realized that the series had no history and they put them there at the end so the fans did not notice the defects, and the main problem of the series was that of the 25 episodes, 20 must have been fillers that were not useful, they could have used these episodes to have developed the other characters and the final revelation about Astamon came out of nowhere without any hint and the final battle against the villain that seemed to have come out of Evangelion was only Tagiru alone defeating him, which combined with the series since he was the only character who fought and did everything in it (it was worse than Frontier in that at least it was two characters who did everything and had a highlight, at least the others had developments), one of the few good sides of the Series was that finally Akari and Zenjirou gained digivice although it was only in the last two episodes (it must have been only because of the people who complained and because they were the only main Digimon characters they did not have) and also the fact of the old man's mystery of the clock, as he was reborn as a good digimon who wanted to help others and is in search of his younger brother.
>>
Here are my favorite Digimon series orders:

1 - Digimon Adventure
2 - Digimon Tamers
3 - Digimon Savers
4 - Digimon Xros Wars
5 - Digimon Frontier
6 - Digimon Adventure 02
7 - Digimon Hunters
>>
>>15450364
>Taiki isn't a sue
He kinda can be, he pretty much has no faults and can do literally everything. I do like though that they pushed that as a weakness itself, more in the Death General arc, that Taiki is such a good Samaritan that hottokenai starts getting him into deep shit because the generals know if they make it that Taiki has to help someone he will do that rather than seize victory.

>Still means it wasn't that much of a ratings bog like many people say.
It didn't do terribly, if it did it would have been cancelled. But it is notably the worst performing Digimon season since Frontier.

>It wasn't even a new journey from what they talked about - more like a new battle.
Yes but they treat it like a huge paradigm shift and marketed it as a big change that revamped everything. No previous season has done this between arcs, Xros had to market it's second half like it was almost a new show to try and garner interest.

>And we don't talk about YH. It's Xros's personal 02.
Agreed, I often can't decide which one is worse.
>>
>>15450372
Swap Adventure and Savers then put 02 in a tie with YH and you have my ranking.
>>
>>15450381
Most of the time that "he can literally do everything" is due to the action something being natural to him though. It's not some "oh shit I suddenly can do that" moments like Luckyranger does.

And like I said, I never really felt that, though I am mostly judging from the scans than advertising we got back then.

Personally... I put YH teensy bit above 02 because as much as shitty as Tagiru is, Gumdramon is a legit good character and Boiling Energy is a great song. And Gumdramon makes a nice foil to Shoutmon. Too bad they never really do much of it.
>>
>>15450387
>Most of the time that "he can literally do everything" is due to the action something being natural to him though. It's not some "oh shit I suddenly can do that" moments like Luckyranger does.
That's why it's not as annoying, but he still is kinda bullshit that he's good at EVERYTHING. I still think Taiki overcomes that and is a good character, but it did get a bit annoying at times that he could be so infallible.

>And like I said, I never really felt that, though I am mostly judging from the scans than advertising we got back then.
You didn't feel that, but Death Generals was marketed like it was a new season. The group dynamics, show title, designs, even the animation is all different. Honestly though, I think Death Generals is overall better than the first half of Xros Wars. While it did become a bit formulaic and certain neat ideas fell to the wayside, it felt overall better than the beginning.

>Personally... I put YH teensy bit above 02 because as much as shitty as Tagiru is, Gumdramon is a legit good character and Boiling Energy is a great song. And Gumdramon makes a nice foil to Shoutmon. Too bad they never really do much of it.
I put YH slightly above 02 because at least it's extremely short. Gumdramon would have been alright if he was paired with a less obnoxious partner and maybe they played up the "problem child" angle while also exploring his relationship with Shoutmon more. Also the golden band just giving him Superior Mode pisses me off to no end and is one of the absolute worst asspulls in the franchise.

I also put YH slightly below 02 because I hate Tagiru THAT much. I've never wanted to punch a face this badly.
>>
>>15450420
While I personally liked DH more, Xros 1 had a bit more of a character dynamic among the Xros Heart, but I guess it was kinda expected to go by the wayside. Oh well, at least Dorulumon and Cutemon had moments even in DH.

The golden band was a sun wukong reference, hell his whole shtick is "Sun Wukong: Dragon Edition" while being tsundere with his king. I wouldn't really say it's an asspull, but it definitely needed more episode time to develop it (which is why they shouldn't have wasted it with kid hunter of the week). Also that dobermon guy was pretty cool too.
>>
>>15450449
As much as I missed the Xros members interacting as much, I'll take it for more Blitzmon development and adding Nene and Kiriha to the main cast. While Akari grew on me a bit and I didn't mind her, I fucking HATE Zenjirou. A big reason I hate Tagiru is he feels like you put Zenjirou and Daisuke into a single character.

While I know Gumdramon was supposed to be Sun Wukong, it doesn't excuse how absolutely bullshit that power up was. Not only was it not set up but they just hand Tagiru the ultimate power up from Xros and they do it randomly in the middle of the season. It also gets more confusing considering Gokuwmon exists and fucking shows up during that episode, or the fact that the golden band that was placed on Sun Wukong inhibited him rather than powered him up.

While money hunter is probably the best new character in YH, aside from Airu who is a cute, it felt really fucking random when they just treated him like a main cast member in some episodes.
>>
>>15450465
yeah it was weird, like he was upgraded into a main character lol

like I said the power up would have been less of an asspull if it didn't take one episode to develop, especially how Gokuwmon and that priestess Digimon were there

and on a random note, why can't super sentai threads be like this
>>
>>15450471
Things just happen kinda randomly. The thing that consistently pissed me off was there was never any reason for the rivals to show up or do what they did. They just would show up for no reason, antagonize or join the main cast for a minute, then left while achieving nothing. The kid with the Dracumon especially did nothing, he had his partner evolve to Yaksamon literally one time.

I don't know how sentai threads go, but Digimon threads are often pretty civil and revolve around actual discussion as long as nostalgia dubfags don't wander in and start arguing about shipping or other fanwank nonsense. It comes from Digimon being not super popular so you mostly have diehard autists like myself who genuinely want to just talk about Digimon.
>>
>>15450489
basically just shitposting

and I take it it's hard to talk to digimon in /a/?
>>
>>15450491
It used to be okay, but then there was a dearth of content and things devolved into a general which ended up with me and a couple anons/tripfags circle jerking and talking about the same shit repeatedly to the point you could tell the anons apart just from their favorite Digimon. While some good stuff did come from those threads, since drawfriends did amazing art, they eventually were stamped out due to several of us leaving and a mod on /a/ hating Digimon and randomly deleting threads even when Tri first aired.

NOW the threads on /a/ have just become the /co/ threads and people only discuss the dub/shipping. The most active thread there about Digimon in recent history was the "confirmed incest" bullshit, because lord help you if you want to talk about this show over there and it's anything but two characters fucking.
>>
>>15450505
Wow, that is bad. Really feels like Digimon's home is /m/. Hilarious because back then /m/ was shitposting Digimon.

And I mean seriously, goreposting and literal shitposting were done to the threads before.
>>
>>15450510
>Really feels like Digimon's home is /m/.
It is at this point, everywhere else you only find cancerous dubfans. At least for English speaking sites.

>Hilarious because back then /m/ was shitposting Digimon.
Probably came from the same people who whine about anything that's not Gundam and only begrudgingly accept other robot shows, the kind that argue if the show doesn't specifically show a robot at all times its not allowed here. You know, the type that still whine about toku. Digimon is extremely /m/, and the only reason I didn't discuss it here back in the day was because I wasn't into mecha and didn't know /m/ talked about Digimon.
>>
File: tumblr_mevcurSyhD1qb0cxyo1_500.png (342KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mevcurSyhD1qb0cxyo1_500.png
342KB, 500x667px
real men ship digimon x tamer
>>
Since people were arguing about ratings earlier, I guess I might as well post some concrete evidence I gleaned from With the Will.

Digimon Adventure (March 7, 1999 - March 26, 2000)
Episodes in Top 10: 43/54; 79.6%
Average Percentile: 11.4%
Average Rank: 8.5

Digimon Adventure 02 (April 2, 2000 - March 25, 2001)
Episodes in Top 10: 26/50; 52.0%
Average Percentile: 11.1%
Average Rank: 8.5

Digimon Tamers (April 1, 2001 - March 31, 2002)
Episodes in Top 10: 30/51; 58.8%
Average Percentile: 10.2%
Average Rank: 8.4

Digimon Frontier (April 7, 2002 - March 30, 2003)
Episodes in Top 10: 7/50; 14.0%
Average Percentile: 8.7%
Average Rank: 8.6

Digimon Savers (April 2, 2006 - March 25, 2007)
Episodes in Top 10: 22/46; 48%
Average Percentile: 5.7% (124.3/22)
Average Rank: 8.2 (180/22)
>>
>>15452855
Xros Wars ratings are a little more frustrating, since no one bothered to compile the averages like the earlier seasons. Also no one bothered to grab the ratings for the last 15 episodes. So much for being thorough.

Episode 1 : 3.2 % (19)
Episode 2 : 3.3 % (18)
Episode 3 : 2.3 %
Episode 4 : 3.3 %
Episode 5 : 4.0 % (14)
Episode 6 : 2.7 % (18)
Episode 7 : 3.4 %
Episode 8 : 2.2 %
Episode 9 : 2.7 % (18)
Episode 10: 2.9 %
Episode 11: 2.9 % (back to back with 10)
Episode 12: 2.9 %
Episode 13: 3.5 %
Episode 14: 4.8%
Ep 15: 2.8%
Ep 16: 3.8%
Ep. 17: 3.4%
Ep. 18: 4.1%
Episode 14: 4.8% (14)
Episode 15: 2.8% (23)
Episode 16: 3.8% (16)
Episode 17: 3.4% (15)
Episode 18: 4.1% (16)
Episode 19: 3.5%
Episode 20: 4.0%
Episode 21: 2.8% (21)
Episode 22: 3.1% (17)
Episode 23: 3.7%
Episode 24: 2.5%
Episode 25: 3.8%
Episode 26: 3.6%
Episode 27: 3.5%
Episode 28:
Episode 29: 3.4%
Episode 30: 4.1% Top Ten #5
Episode 31: 2.3%
Episode 32: 2.0% (15)
Episode 33: 2.4% (15)
Episode 34: 2.8% (12)
Episode 35: 1.9% (16)
Episode 36: 1.8% (16)
Episode 37: 2.2% (17)
Episode 38: 2.3% (17)
Episode 39: 2.6% (14)
Episode 40: 3.0% (13)
Episode 41: 1.7% (17)
Episode 42: 1.5% (28)
Episode 43: 2.6% (17)
Episode 44: 1.7% (17)
Episode 45: 1.3% (15)
Episode 46: 2.5% (14)
Episode 47: 1.9% (29)
Episode 48: 1.9% (26)
Episode 49: 0.8% (17)
Episode 50: 2.5% (14)
Episode 51: 2.2% (15)
Episode 52: 1.5%
Episode 53:2.7
Episode 54:1.8
Episode 55:1.7
Episode 60: 1.2%
Episode 61: 1.4%
Episode 62: 1.6%
Episode 63: 1.1%
Episode 64: 1.9%
>>
>>15452855
>>15452870
fill me in on how ratings work. overall, did xros do well or not? it's one of my favorite digimon entries and i want to know how it did when on the air.
>>
>>15452744
You. I want you to leave.

>>15452933
It's not a failure of a show but it didn't do great. The percentage is how much of total television viewers were watching at that given point(or it might be day, I forget) and the number in parenthesis is what ranking it was out of all competing television shows. As you can see Xros broke into the top 10 one single time, and that is possibly attributed to an earthquake happening during that time and most people were watching news. The show overall had pretty bad ratings and is the worst performing Digimon series, actually doing worse in ratings than frontier. YH did the absolute worst overall to my understanding but I think it's crossover episodes had higher ratings than any given Xros episode.

So basically those numbers show that Xros, while generally received well by fans and those who watched it, very few watched it comparatively.
>>
>>15453110
why should i, a real man, leave? we all know beelzemon and taiki were a little too close.
>>
>>15453629
Beelzebumon canonically ends up with Mervamon, what are you even talking about? Not to mention the obvious implications of how Akari and Taiki feel for each other.
>>
>>15453648
Akari is irrelevant.
>>
>>15453648
akari is irrelevant by the time death generals starts and mervamon was just trying to straight up rape beelzemon. he did not care about her romantically.
>>
Ami and Kyoko are the first
>>
File: haru yuujin.jpg (430KB, 650x847px) Image search: [Google]
haru yuujin.jpg
430KB, 650x847px
going for those fujo bucks.
>>
>>15454100
Makes me wonder if Splash regrets not trying to sub Appmon, since it has all the boy-on-boy action she hated Xros Wars for lacking.
>>
>>15454100
why does it have to be yuujin though? he's ugly.
>>
>>15446715
>Don't forget they're expected to keep up the act at all times.
It's almost as if that's the job they're getting paid to do or something...
>>
>>15454678
Even actors don't have to play a roll 24/7. They don't risk potentially tanking their careers just because they were seen at a fast food joint with a significant other. And that's the regular stuff, not even getting into the idols who get worked to death, or taken advantage of by their managers.
>>
File: yujin fans.jpg (287KB, 653x600px) Image search: [Google]
yujin fans.jpg
287KB, 653x600px
haru can only pick one.
>>
>>15438695
Why do people these days always assume strong friendship between men is gay?
>>
>>15456209
Like any good Digimon character Rei has a brother complex
>>
>>15446238
Someones gotta get onmon and applifuse with gatchmon
>>
Anyone else think the past two episodes have been better than the entire show so far?
>>
>>15456279
It's mostly fujoshis (known to be delusional) and white people, also delusional I guess.
>>
>>15456279
Because whenever there are two characters of the same gender in close proximity to each other, certain groups will be there to demand they fuck.

That said, writers do tend to ham up these friendships for the sake of fujobucks.

>>15457003
I wouldn't go that far, but you can definitely tell things are starting to ramp up. Let's hope they can keep the quality up.
>>
>>15438695
Daisuke and Ken
>>
>>15458696
More of a fling really, considering ken married miyako.
>>
>>15461482
Are we sure that Miyako isn't a beard?
>>
>>15463018
If she is, she's certainly a persuasive beard.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.