[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Japan stop making Stoic, Autistic, Mute and Gary Stu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Mikazuki01.png (169KB, 348x566px) Image search: [Google]
Mikazuki01.png
169KB, 348x566px
When will Japan stop making Stoic, Autistic, Mute and Gary Stu MC type of characters in Anime? They keep thinking this is somehow cool or edgy when it isn't. Mikazuki was an exception since he wasn't edgy and from time to time he was even funny. But showing more emotions would have done wonders.
>>
They all try to copy Chirico.
>>
>>15438054
When it stops selling buckets over there and even over here.

Which is never.
>>
>>15438054
when it stops selling. that could be said for most anime and the problems people outside of Japan have with it. As long as it sells in japan then it'll keep being made.

people who pirate the shows and manga don't have a say in the matter
>>
Mikazuki was fucking terrible. Most boring Gundam protagonist.
>>
It worked for murder hobo since I'm also a murder midget.
>>
>>15438054

you mean : the "zero char development" MC?
>>
>>15438054
Japanese will Of steel folded 1000 times.
>>
>>15438162
But they all had much more personality then Chirico. That guy is practically dead inside.
>>
>>15438509
I know you and a few other faggots are trying really hard to make this a meme but it's not going or catch on and you just look like an idiot.
>>
It's hard to write a character with personality
>>
>>15438175
>people are upset over something working the way it should
Never understood this
>>
>>15439163
This desu
>>
>>15438054
When you stop watching real robot and Gundam shit.
>>
>>15438054
Why do people EVER feel the need to tell storytellers what they should or should not be doing? They're telling a story. If you don't like the story, stop watching/reading/listening. You don't get to just change an aspect of it because you wanted something different. No one asks for Harry Potter to be a badass instead of a wimpy British nerd.

Not to mention, Mikazuki is only the third of his kind - goal-orientated, borderline sociopath - like Heero and Setsuna. Amuro, Kamille and Judau were spunky 80's problem children; Usso and the AGE faggots were literal children; Domon, Garrod and Seabook are late teenage slick-talking cool dudes. They have done far more of the other types than this.
>>
>>15440072
What category do Seabook and the Cosmic Era trio fall into?
What category do the BF and BFT kids fall into?

Also, do we count Char as the protagonist of Anime Origin? I'm guessing he joins the Child Soldier club with Mika.
>>
File: Lord is not impressed.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lord is not impressed.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>15438054
>starting this thread during Easter
>>
>>15438054
>complain about stoic MCs because they're boring
>complain about emotional MCs because they're annoying
What the fuck do you want even?
>>
>>15438054
Do we have a female equivalent of Mika/Heero/Setsuna etc?
>>
File: girls und gundam.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
girls und gundam.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
>>15440101
Cute girls doing cute things.
>>
>>15439163
No one's trying to make it a meme.
From episode 1 to 50 Mika is constant and might as well be a plot device.
He's really just an extension of Orga.
>>
>>15440101
I'd like to see another MC like Uso, just a sensible guy trying to survive through a shitty situation.
>>
>>15440447
There was stuff like madlax and noir.
>>
>>15439160
Not dead enough to fall in love in first sight, apparently.
>>
>>15438054
Orga and McGillis were the deuteragonists, they were moving the plot and had motivations. Mika is just a secondary character at best.
It's all part of IBO's "revolutionary" writing.
>>
>>15438179
Nah, that's Judau.
>>
>>15438054
It sells in japan. That's all most japanese companies care about. They don't care about what we think because everyone outside of japan just pirates shit anyway
>>
>>15438054
This. Gundam could learn a few lessons from Evangelion. Shinji is a very well done, emotional character.
>>
>>15441531
Obvious bait aside, no. Neck yourself.
>>
>>15438054
Gaelio was the main character
cry all you faggot just cry because the Tekkafaggots got massacred in the end!!! hahah orga died like a bitch ahahah
>>
>>15440101
Did it ever occur to you that it's not the same people complaining about those things?
>>
>>15438162
Chirico actually showed some emotions from time to time and we got a good reason for him not showing any.
>>
>>15441994
>hahah orga died like a bitch ahahah
So...geting fucking shot to hell and back, nearly dead, but still managing to murderfuck each and every guy who shot you is dieing like a bitch.....
.....i don't see it.
I do see a shitposter however.
(Now watch the little shit will post about my grammar and spelling because, no argument, calling it now.)
>>
>>15442477
he only killed one guy and wound the other
third guy drove the car away so yeah orga died like a bitch!!!
>>
I'm still freaked out by his eyes.
>>
>>15438054
It's very simple: young men, particularly the type that are into anime, are incredibly beta and shy. Having the main character be quiet yet alpha allows them to self-insert much more easily.

Although really, I think now more than ever there are more "balanced" if not extroverted characters out there in anime, even if most anime is still garbage for other reasons. Typical shonens for many years have been hot-blooded protagonists accompanied by stoic autismal anti-heroes.
>>
>>15438054
Low_quality_bait.webp
>>
File: 730.png (537KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
730.png
537KB, 600x450px
>>15438054
>When will Japan stop making Stoic, Autistic, Mute and Gary Stu MC type of characters in Anime?

>Literally only five people in all of mecha fit that description

>Compared to all the generic hotblooded autists and wimpy kids in anime

>>>>/a/ is thataway
>>
File: screenshot-15041.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-15041.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15438054
>When will Japan stop making Stoic, Autistic, Mute and Gary Stu MC type of characters in Anime?
Hopefully, never!
>>
>>15441494
You fucking nigger...
>>
>>15441494
>Hating on the Judau
Still buttblasted about the fact that the Jewdawg is riding Roux' ass all the way to jupiter, Glemy?
>>
>>15440101
A character can be both stoic and emotional. A character who's too unemotional comes off as flippant and uncaring. A character that is too emotional always keeps their heart on their sleeve and it can come off as immature and annoying.

Real people are almost never 100% of either and a good character would be a blend of the 2. An MC needs to be stoic when they need to be but emotional when the time calls for it. Kind of like someone who puts a strong face to reassure everyone but in private is troubled.
>>
yeah mikazuki is perfect

I'm a lot like him

A LOT LIKE HIM
>>
For shits and giggles go to the MAL forums sometimes, and look at the recommendations section. 90% of them will be asking for "An OP MC who dont afraid of anything and gets the girl". The kids don't want any character progression, they want a character that is strong from the beginning and never loses, or shows any faults.
>>
>>15450206
Yeah, there is no point in shitting on Japan for their love of stoic Gary Stu heroes, when the English-language fanbase is the same.
>>
File: Kirika.png (150KB, 900x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Kirika.png
150KB, 900x1037px
>>15441054
>Noir
>tfw Kirika is pretty much a female Setsuna without Gundam complex
>>
>>15450250
No? Kirika is an amnesiac superassassin who spares no thought to killing people en masse. She never ever questions what she does. I guess you only saw the similarity due to both of them being stoic and taciturn. Kirika is a shallow character, unlike Setsuna.
>>
I never stopped being distracted by Orga's hair.
>>
>>15438054
You ever stop to think the problem isn't them, but it's you growing up?
>>
>>15438054

Didn't we just get done crying over all the 'a bloo bloo bloo' pacificts like Kio from AGE and Jesus Yamato?

Wasn't this what you were all calling for in 2012?
>>
>>15450671
He's not perfect enough.

Leave us alone.
>>
File: SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.jpg (111KB, 714x929px) Image search: [Google]
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY.jpg
111KB, 714x929px
>>15439077

Folded 1000 times because their steel was weak as shit.

European minerals proved for far deadlier and longer lasting weaponry and armor.
>>
File: 1397189905546.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1397189905546.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>15450681
>>
>>15438054
After watching 00 and IBO back to back, I'm through with emotionally dead protagonists goddamn
>>
>>15450685
That's a meme. Their steel was worse but probably not by the amount you're suggesting.

The reason why their swords are folded is because it's tradition. Even when introduced to different styles of swords, like spanish swords, they never or at least almost never tried to recreate them even though they tried to recreate European armor after seeing it once. As for why they started folding, it's probably because Japan is literally just a bunch of Chinese and Koreans exiles who carried over the Chinese techniques, which included folding to counteract the poor quality materials. It remained useful since both China and Japan had poorer sources for iron accessible to them at the time, compared to Europe.
>>
>>15438054
>They keep thinking this is somehow cool or edgy when it isn't
Idiots think so, anime is aimed at idiots, do the math.
>>
>>15450762
Well, during the Yayoi - Asuka periods (roughly 250BC - 710AD) Japanese steel almost exclusively came from Korea.
All the excavated Japanese tombs of that time had stacks of steel ingots in there from Korea. And the Chinese in the 3rd or 4th century AD said the Japanese maintained a colony in Korea for iron. While the colony is questioned by modern Korean scholars, the Japanese presents on the peninsula and the iron trade isn't. So whether the Japanese were invested in Korean iron because their own sucked or because they couldn't get enough in their homeland is debatable.

This really changed when the Japanese learned of folding techniques from China (which also is about the time the Japanese expand further into Kanto, Southern Kyushu and Tohoku, so maybe they got better iron there). Japanese tamahagane iron is spongy, which makes it great for folding, better than other types of iron, but if they made swords the way the Europeans did it wouldn't have been very good. Japanese legends say as much.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.