[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armored Core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ArmoredCore4.jpg (471KB, 640x740px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredCore4.jpg
471KB, 640x740px
So, I only got to play a little bit of AC4, but, is it bad that I'm having trouble following the plot for the first few parts, or is that normal and or intentional on the part of the creators? Also Armored Core thread.
>>
>>15436249
Armored Core 4 in particular was poorly localised, so the plot can be tough to follow.

Is there anything in particular you'd request clarification on?
>>
>>15436329
Pretty much this, and the fact that From Software just couldn't give a shit. This isn't like Dark Souls where the plot is presented with uber subtle storytelling; AC is just generally bad with its story.

Funnily enough, artbooks and side material provide a large amount of lore and plot for the game. From Software, therefore, were just shit at telling a story during this time. The poor localization didn't help.

If it helps, you can read up on the wiki or something. I think the Anatolia's Mercenary page gives a good summary for the most part.
>>
>>15436329
Basically, just who the fuck am I, who the fuck is that narrator, who the fuck is the girl hes talking about, and who the fuck is that spoil sport that from my first NEXT fight, and why I should care. I know I'm a mercenary for Anatolia, but what does this mean? What significance does this hold?
>>
>>15437140
Right.

>who the fuck am I?
You are a mercenary who was one of the last surviving pilots of pre-NEXT armored cores. You got BTFO by them, but were recovered by folks from Anatolia, and since you tested positive for NEXT compatability you now pilot one for them because you owe them for giving your obsolete ass a chance.

>who the fuck is that narrator?
Emil Gustav, de-facto leader of the Anatolia colony. He's renting you out to the corporations to keep Anatolia afloat financially.

>who the fuck is the girl he's talking about,
Fiona Jarnafeldt, your operator (the lady who gives you in mission advice). She's the daughter of a developer of NEXT technology that Emil used to work with.

> who the fuck is that spoil sport that from my first NEXT fight
Amazigh. He's the only decent pilot of the last real group resisting global corporate control.

>and why should I care?
Because you were paid to kill him and this is an AC game.

>I know I'm a mercenary for Anatolia, but what does this mean? What significance does this hold?
When NEXTs were developed a bunch of megacorps used them to topple the actual governments and put themselves in control, basically becoming the new countries (the "Pax Economica" the game keeps referring to). There are a few independent colonies like Anatolia, but they struggle a bit, which is why you're there to supplement their income.
>>
>>15437225
Riveting. Almost make me wish I cold meet some of these people. Also, That, that spoil sport I mentioned I just remembered went by White Glint. He came in to steal my kill first time.
>>
>>15437263
Oh, him. That would be Joshua O'Brian. He's the mercenary for another colony. He's meant to come across as a kind of foil/friendly rival, but this doesn't really work at all because he barely shows up, and even then half the time it's only on hard mode missions.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.