[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After reading some of the manga by Yokoyama and Ishinomori, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bc08ea356adb95cf8e45bfabfd7a2db2.jpg (323KB, 1048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
bc08ea356adb95cf8e45bfabfd7a2db2.jpg
323KB, 1048x1361px
After reading some of the manga by Yokoyama and Ishinomori, I can confirm that the endings to their manga are even worse than Nagai's.

I keep hearing about how Nagai can't do endings, but holy, his manga are nowhere as rushed as the ones I've just read.

i've just finished the Kikaider manga and the ending was so anti climactic; the Pinocchio parallels weren't exactly convincing. It's still a fun action manga that just makes for an ok read overall.

I had pretty much the same thoughts on Giant Robo and Mars' endings; both were rather anti climactic.
>>
>>15436215
I like Nagai's endings because most of the time they aren't endings so I don't get something massively disappointing like the ending to that robot detective manga Ishinomori did. Also, didn't Kikaider introduce a female kikaider only to kill her like a few chapters later?
>>
Nagai's endings are the original Gainax endings. They're great
>>
>>15437217
Every ally robot got destroyed other than Kikaider
>>
>not liking Mars' ending
Mark of the pleb
>>
>>15437428
>not liking garbage is the mark of a pleb
>>
>>15437428
There just wasn't enough of an emotional impact.
>>
>kikaider ending not being great

nice shit taste mate.
>>
File: img000096.jpg (634KB, 1170x1650px) Image search: [Google]
img000096.jpg
634KB, 1170x1650px
>>15437703
You must be easily satisfied. It and Inazuman both have pretty bad and rushed endings. He never knows what to do with his characters and is constantly brushing them aside or replacing them.
>>
>>15437703
>literally just "I kill all my allies to create forced melodrama because Ishinomori likes to make sad rushed endings a lot"
Same problem arose in Arashi and to a lesser extent in Keiji and Black
>>
>>15437428
It was fucking stupid and rushed.
>>
>>15437235
I still don't get this 'Gainax ending' thing to be honest. NGE and PSG, sure, I can see where people are coming from. But Gunbuster, Diebuster, TTGL are some of the best endings I've ever seen. Like, they're not confusing at all, they're fantastic and pack a big emotional punch. For the most part I've always found Gainax's endings to be really nice thematic finishes to their shows that are well done.
>>
>>15438098
>Gunbuster, Diebuster, TTGL are some of the best endings I've ever seen
>they're fantastic and pack a big emotional punch
>really nice thematic finishes to their shows that are well done
>>
File: img000228.jpg (470KB, 1159x1650px) Image search: [Google]
img000228.jpg
470KB, 1159x1650px
>>15437703
It was dumb and rushed.
>>
File: 10230.jpg (129KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
10230.jpg
129KB, 473x480px
Why is it that artists from the 60's and 70's have so many unfinished works?

Most of their most representative works are unfinished. It's not always the case but they usually one of their most popular works are unfinished.

It's also usually their most/one of their most famous titles. Like Hi no Tori, Getter Robo, Cyborg 009, Galaxy Express (okay, the original run has an ending), and then lesser but still well known works like Dororo. Dororo not having an ending still bothers the fuck out of me since it was one of the few darker works by the author that didn't go overboard.

Ishinomori probably has more than anyone if we just go off the ridiculous number of titles he published. Although the only translated one that's not finished is Cyborg 009 and most of the rest just have abrupt endings.
>>
>>15438450
They liked/had to make lots of things. And sometimes, when you make lots of things, you either don't have time to finish the things you started before, or don't really won't to be bothered to.
>>
>>15438143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqMyH7vhbJs

God I remember seeing this on tv forever ago and my little teenage brain was blown away by how fast everyone died
>>
>>15437714
Inazuman's ending is way worse than Kikaider's. Actually Inazuman is way worse in general, but at least the ending to Kikaider goes for some sort of theme and has the protagonist's actions contribute to the plot resolution.

Seriously, the old monk guy in Inazuman basically just resolves the plot by himself while Inazuman sits on his brainwashed ass.
>>
>>15438450
They used to work in many series at once, and were often paid more for the creation of new concepts rather than to actually finish their work, since back then most adaptations just took the basic concepts and designs, rather than actually adapting the story and script.
>>
>>15438511
Yeah, the work loads for all of them seems like it was pretty insane compared to how most authors now have like one work and are lucky to have even one series of their adapted.
>>
>>15438031
>foreshadow for over a volume
>hurrf durrf stoopid n rushed:DDD
>>
>>15438708
Wasn't five weekly serials the norm for them, thinking about it?
>>
>>15438747
And then you have things like working on anime adaptions for your shows or making original series.
>>
>>15438772
Lot of shit to deal with, yeah. And mangakas nowadays get tired out from dealing with a fraction of that.
>>
>>15436215
i think the anime adapted it better though it had stuff from the Toku show to help pad it all out to give everyone more characterization

>>15437217
yeah, and then another came along and filled pretty much the same role but lived longer. adaptions tend to just mush em together for efficiency's sake
>>
>>15438450
>Dororo
did that never get finished or did he just die before he could?
though to be fair its adaptions all have endings, very different ones but endings
>>
>>15438635
This sounds different than the jap version.
>>
>>15438635
AW MAN IT LEFT OUT THE BEST PART
Bijinders VO then wonders aloud if "Pinocchio was really happy becoming human"
i reamember watching those OVAs late at night one night as a teenager and it hit me deep in my teenage heart
>>
>>15438716
It's the delivery that makes it so fucking bad, not the fact that it's been foreshadowed.
>>
Osamu Tezuka

Astro Boy 100 million copies sold
Black Jack 45 million copies sold

Mitsuteru Yokoyama

Sangokushi 70 million copies sold

Go Nagai

Devilman 50 million copies sold

Shotaro Ishinomori

N/A

Leiji Matsumoto

N/A
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.