[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 62

File: Gundam_00_title.png (338KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_00_title.png
338KB, 1000x563px
Serious question. I'm 11 episodes in and I don't think I'll be watching any more. The protagonists are terrorists and psychopaths with no redeeming qualities, and I don't know why anyone would sympathize with them or care what happens to them. Does it get any better, or is the whole thing just grimdark and edgy for its own sake?
>>
yeah but the animation is pretty good and 1 of the gundams shoots the biggest beam EVER

Also most of the girls are busty
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (197KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
197KB, 1440x1080px
>>15432051
>The protagonists are terrorists and psychopaths with no redeeming qualities
I'll let you in on a secret, when season 1 was airing almost everyone rooted against Celestial Being. They were pro flag fighters and The Russian Bear.

>I don't know why anyone would sympathize with them or care what happens to them
11 episodes in you should probably hate them more than anything else.

>Does it get any better, or is the whole thing just grimdark and edgy for its own sake?
In like 3 episodes they introduce some new characters who make the main CB crew seem better.
In Season 2 the main characters really are the heroes
In the movie it and ultimate ending to the 00 timeline, It's the exact opposite of grimdark. Image very related.
>>
>>15432051
Just failed code geass (less views than CG), don't waste your time with this.
>>
>>15432051
this show fucking sucked
season 1 was good as the world figured out ways to kill the main characters but by season 2 it all goes down the drain and the movie was shit as well

fuck this series, also the GN engine are literally kokima particles from Armored Core 4!!!!!!
>>
>>15432051
What makes 00's team great is precisely that they start out as unlikeable, squabbling wankers. As the series goes on and more and more shit goes wrong, they have to rely less and less on VEDA's "perfect" plans (which they've irrevocably fucked up) and more on each other. So they start opening up, and by the end it's really sad to see what happens to them.

So there's, you know, actual character development.
>>
I hate the flying bits gimmick because even in show they look very obviously like model kit parts. Like they designed them w the physical qualities of model kit plastic in mind, idk how to explain it
Plus it's just like SEED in that they're used for static Beam Spam and floating geometric "shields" that leave massive gaps because fuck logic lol
Fucking Bits and Funnels actually did cool things dammit
>>
>>15432573
And I REALLY hate that Unicorn brought that shit into UC
It's so obviously "lol this is easy to do in CG" shit
>>
>>15432081
This guy gets it. It's like IBO, but done right.
>>
>>15432051
Because they want to be contrarian, they're the same people who like Wing but jumped ship and started shitting on it when they saw they had no hope pushing the meme that is was good, but with 00 they were successful.
>>
>>15432051
What about 00 is "grimdark" exactly?
>>
>>15432614
You mean Wing done right.
IBO is nothing like 00.
>>
>>15432614
IBO is IBO done right. The cast was full of unlikable fucks that you wanted to see die, and they mostly did. At least the survivors got the space jew, so that's nice too.
>>
>>15432774
What he doesn't like.
>>
>>15432573
What you meant is that it was designed with the plamo in mind.

Gundam's design has been toyetic since the first one though.
>>
>>15432051
That's the good thing about 00. Root for and sympathise with the superpower's forces instead. Sergei, Soma, Graham, Patrick and such are all a likeable bunch, and their efforts to fight the Gundams are supposed to come across as heroic (and do), and the moments where they pull ahead somehow are incredibly cathartic.

Also, this is ringing some bells. I suspect the OP is just a pasta from IBO. Some people have really been working overtime to shit up the board lately over it. I think I've read the term 'fake fan' more times in the last 2 days than I have in my entire life before hand.
>>
>>15433091
>Also, this is ringing some bells. I suspect the OP is just a pasta from IBO.
Seems to be. I remember reading a post that was nearly identical to this a few days ago.
>>
>>15432051
>Not liking overpowered shit
It's like you wouldn't want to always win
>>
>>15432573
>like they designed them w the physical qualities of model kit plastic in mind

It's been like that from the jump.
>>
OP here.

>>15432774
One of the protagonists just murdered a whole bunch of children, that's pretty grimdark.

>>15433091
I have never in my life seen IBO. I don't have strong opinions about it either way, and don't see what it would have to do with 00 if I did.
>>
>>15434074
Okay, great, just a hunch.

Hey, remember when that same protagonist killed an enemy mook by slowly impaling his cockpit while taunting him, because said mook sacrificed himself to let the rest of his squad get away? Goood times.

I'll repeat what I said, rooting for the anti-Gundam forces is fine too. Any moments where they actually manage to turn the tables are goddamn inspiring, even if you do like the meisters (and I do).
>>
>>15432051
11 Episodes in and nothing's doing it for you?
Not even episode fucking 11?
Just stop
>>
>>15432051
You hate them 'cause you're pretty much supposed to at that point. One of the biggest strengts of 00 is how it turns those terrorists into likeable and sorta functional human beings and as they do you kinda lose the whole "fuck the gundams I hope graham shoves a flag up setsuna's asshole" thing which is kind of what carries the mid section of the first season and the progression into more standardized good-evil factions is what a lot of S1 fans don't like about S2. But before they stop sucking you're given plenty of likeable characters who get a fair amount of screentime to root for and plenty of good looking mecha fights
>>
>>15434074
The entire focus of that episode was him choosing if it was the right thing to do
>>
>>15434747
It was also about him owning it by doing it himself rather than ducking the guilt by palming it off on his ruthless alter-ego again.
>>
File: 1399372625797.png (107KB, 365x330px) Image search: [Google]
1399372625797.png
107KB, 365x330px
So this is it huh, one of the few Gundam shows the board agreed that it was pretty good and fun to watch will now be the next target of the shitposters

Why does this board exists if every /m/ anime is hated?
>>
>>15434777

I like Gundam 00 but you're vastly over-estimating the amount of people who loved it here. It's always had a large and at least in part vocal base who dislike or outright hate it. This is nothing new.
>>
>>15433091
>>15433388
But why though? It's one thing if you really like a show, but spending this much energy hating on it?
>>
>>15434799
Thats a question we always ask the Valvrager
>>
>>15434799
People enjoy hating it.
>>
>>15434777
Just like Zeta ;)
>>
>>15434799
Human nature. It stokes people's fragile egos to look down on other people and things. And when it comes to things like anime and giant robots it gets especially sad and ugly because those things are already maligned by and large, so people who like them resort to turning on other people who like them, creating a more granular distinction in the vague aim of securing assurance for themselves.

It's a tedious waste of time to be frank. Scummy people in life who you can hold yourself above can and will make themselves known to you. No sense wasting energy artificially creating those distinctions.
>>
>>15432051

The thing about 00 is that I didn't like any of the cast. That's why the Season 1 finale was great, and made - to my mind - a great ending to the series.

It has the same issues as IBO, except the unlikeable asshats pull off a victory in Season 2. In IBO, they just die hilariously.

It's also worth stating that the mood of S2 is really different. Even the characters stop dressing in unique ways - they all don these stupid matching sentai outfits. The super-hot Chinese girl gets significantly uglier too.
>>
>>15432051
because it's the best show in the history of Gundam.
>>
>>15432051
For me, it's all about the science, particle physics, and space elevators.
>>
>>15435074

Not really. It has all the flaws that plague AUs, and the power-levels are simply stupid by the end of it.

Also, Setsuna never undergoes any character development whatsoever. And I still say that the movie is the dumbest shit.
>>
>>15435107
Are you sure he goes through none at all? Because he and misters all go through it together during the Trinity arc.
>>
>>15435107

> Setsuna never undergoes any character development whatsoever.

Well that's just plain wrong. You either didn't watch the show or were paying attention to it to come to that conclusion. It's perfectly possible to not like his character development, but insisting it wasn't there is bizarre. He became a lot more socially aware and comfortable during the course of the show, abandoned his blind worship of Gundam and Aoelia Schenburg, deciding to pursue his own ideals of how to achieve peace instead, wanting to prioritise communication over conflict etc. The movie might as well put it on a big neon sign.
>>
One of the things I liked about 00 especially in S1 was the very militaristic atmosphere, everything is thoroughly planned, they use reference points, aces were a part of a larger army not the whole army, having actual formations that was something I didn't like about IBO granted Tekkadan wasn't a military but Gjallarhorn outside of fighting the Dawn Corpse pirates or whatever their name was it didn't have a militaristic feel to it until near the end. Even that was just coordinating with Dainsleifs.
>>
File: 1474653907211.png (182KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
1474653907211.png
182KB, 481x511px
>>15435107
>Setsuna never undergoes any character development whatsoever
>>
I like Gundam Wing, and Gundam 00
>>
>>15435274
>liking things
>ever
Look at this pleb.
>>
>>15435107
>It has all the flaws that plague AUs
Not being UC is a good thing, not a flaw.
>>
>>15435135

No he doesn't. He doesn't become more socially aware and comfortable. He shifts his blind worship of the Gundam as embodied by Ribbons, to HIMSELF embodying the Gundam.

He's still the same fucking guy. He never suffers a loss of faith / crisis of faith. He's still pursuing the ideals of Celestial Being, up to and including carrying out armed interventions in the movie.

He's doing exactly the same shit.
>>
>>15436466

Or maybe 00 just isn't my show. To be honest, I always felt it was sort of the odd one out for Gundam.

Especially because of the aliens.
>>
File: 1433128443495.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1433128443495.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>>15435107
>Setsuna never undergoes any character development whatsoever.
>>
>>15435006
>The super-hot Chinese girl gets significantly uglier too.
Didn't Ribbons even call her out on that?
>>
>>15436677
The slap was so goddamn exquisite, I had to watch it on repeat.
Surprisingly the english dub makes it a lot more satisfying than the jp.
>>
>>15436750
The thing that made it for me is that she knew she had nothing to retort with. He called her out and the only thing she could say to her brother slave was "a man's jealousy is an ugly thing to see" or something like that. Watching Ribbons bitchslap Regene was fantastic too.
10/10.
>>
>>15436462
Really? The guy goes from a stoic murder manlet who doesn't talk to anyone to an actually interacting member of a team, who pushes for communication, peace and UNDERSTANDING over just killing everyone. Movie Setsuna would not have done a lot of things that happened in S1. Hell, in the first sortie against the ELS, Setsuna had the option of taking the ridiculously armed 00 Seven Sword/G for maximum destruction. He chose the Raiser instead to emphasize communications through the Raiser Burst.
>>
>>15432080
Considering the planets not a barren lifeless ruin i'd say they arn't kojima particles.
>>
>>15435135
This at the start Setsuna is every bit the fanatic he was as a child soldier only his excuse for justifying anything he did had gone from 'God' to 'Gundam' and 'Celestial Being' when shit goes south he gets reality rammed in his face and he changes for the better.

Sure alot of characters outside of Setsuna barely change if at all but Setsuna get his fair share of development. I consider S2 to be inferior to S1 due to it spamming cliches and everyone runnning black/white morality after the much more realistic stuff we had in S1 but Sesuna's development isn't something that S2 lacked in.

Honestly the who 'Innovation is evolution' bad science and the piss poor atempts at romance are what bugged me in S2.
>>
>>15432051
>I'm 11 episodes in
Like saying
>I'm 11 pages in
Holy shit your attention span is minuscule, probably much like your IQ
>>
>>15432051

3 episode rule you retard
>>
>>15436677
Yeah, it was great.

Sort of related, I'm still disappointed they actually toned down the sexiness in S2. Reducing the bust of many girls sucked, specially since we don't get that kind of service with Gundam, it's mostly pretty men.
>>
>>15434799
Because the mentally ill find their way here, and mods let them run rampant no matter how much reporting anyone does.
>>
>>15437818
>no more sumeragi midriff
I was so bummed.
>>
>>15437923
And her smaller tits, and progressivity ruining her fantastic sex hair.
>>
>>15436462

At the start of the show he barely interacts with his team mates and blanks Saji despite living beside the guy. To the point that between missions he basically just sat in his assigned house and waited for the next mission. Mid way through season one he freaks out because Nena kisses him. By the end of movie he's comfortable talking with Feltd about her feelings for him and interacting socially with all of Celestial Being, both on and off mission.

In flashbacks we see that he believes in God and takes Ali as his prophet, but eventually loses faith in them because of the continuing conflict. At the start of the show he's blindly transferred that faith to Gundam and it's prophet Aoelia Schenburg, believing that he can rid the world of conflict by following them instead of Ali. That doesn't work either, and first the Thrones show up perpetuating conflict themselves while claiming to do so in his God's name and using his image and after finally uniting the world despite that he finds that it didn't do anything to dispel conflict. In season two he starts putting aside Aeolia Schenburg as an infallible prophet and Gundam as an God who will bring about conflict if he just believes hard enough, instead working for it by his own method. Which is communication. Which is why he becomes an innovator thematically. This is also why the final battle is him against the Gundam that inspired him to faith in Celestial Being in the first place. He's rejecting and overcoming it physically as well as spiritually. Which he has done by the movie, since he barely tries to fight the ELS at all and is more concerned with communicating with them. Just because he chose to assert his changing faith in a similar manner, doesn't mean that he and his faith didn't change.

His test of faith in case you didn't see it is first in the Thrones using the image he diefies to inflict pain and death, then unifying the world doing nothing to stop conflict.
>>
>>15432051
To piss off inteligent people.
>>
>>15434777
Exept 00 was always fucking garbage, even if it is shitposting I'm fucking glad that this abortion is finally getting what it deserves.
>>
>>15437740
This has to be the most retarded thing I've read all month, and yes, I'm counting the "fake fan" retard.
>>
>>15432071
>I'll let you in on a secret, when season 1 was airing almost everyone rooted against Celestial Being.
Basically this. I unironically thought this was over the top meta and clever writing. Celestial Being acting like terrorists with their invincible Gundams made them the perfect villain. I thought for a while that the show was going to be about everyone else coming up with clever ways to defeat the CB Gundams. Also, I really liked the grunt mecha designs of 00, (Flags, GN-X variants, etc.), I kept rooting for them.
>>
>>15438251
Whoa, slow down there autist, I'm not about to read a wall of text written by some internet retard! Keep your points concise, in three lines or less!
>>
>>15440098

Nah, if you're too lazy to read a few paragraphs then I'm too lazy to entertain or educate you.
>>
I love 00's design and OST

Not the best story and Awakening of the AyyLmaos happened, but I'm a sucker for their mobile suit designs and OST
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>15432614
>>15432775
>>
>>15432799
>The cast was full of unlikable fucks that you wanted to see die
Did we watch the same show?
For the first 3/4 of IBO the cast was full of CoD tier frat bros.
The show does everything to make its cast likable.
00 has drunkards, an emotionless abusive androgynous clone, a child soldier who actually fought in the middle east for his god, a man who lost his family in terrorist attacks, and some rich girl who is finding this because she sees it as some game.
>>
>>15441111
>CoD tier frat bros
>likable
Clearly we move in different circles.
>>
>>15440098
Take your ritalin, retard.
>>
>>15441115
Let me rephrase this.
IBO tries to make its characters out as likable in-universe.
In IBO the tekkadan members are all super close and are buddies with each other.
They're basically ride or dies.

In 00 the Ptolemy crew was extremely fragmented in s1, they worked together well, but they didn't come off as likable at all.
Allelujah uses sumeragi as a drinking partner (and possibly for sex too), Tierria hates setsuna and doesn't interact with Hal at all he only confides in Lockon.
Lockom seems to mentor setsuna but I felt that even he was always in edge about him.
Setsuna is also autistic as fuck and doesn't really intract with anyone unless ordered.
And The pilots (lockon excluded) were constantly defying orders.
The bridge bunnies are a bit more friendly but that's a given.

Ian is also a salty old man for most of the show.

Now compare this to IBO where Orga, Mika, Eugene, Aki, Ride, Chad, etc are all ready to die under Orga's command at any given time and then come back to drink with him and fuck whores.
>>
>>15441135
This argument mostly concerns the nature of the characters' relationships with each other rather than their actual character. In that regard it's simply that Tekkadan are fairly static and have the same relationship all the way through, as opposed to CB, who warm up to each other over time. Neither is really better or worse, just different, but:
>IBO tries to make its characters out as likable in-universe.
In-universe both groups are morally objectionable people who do what they do because they're fucked up and don't have any better ideas.
>>
>>15441135
Wait, your whole argument is that the character in IBO exist solely to help one another at best and just be stupid fodder at worst while in 00 each has their own thing? How is 00 supposed to be bad here?

In IBO every single Tekkadan character existed to achieve some nebulous goal that no one even knew what it really was, having no interaction with the world outside of that
>>
>>15441296
>How is 00 supposed to be bad here?
It's not, I'm saying that it didn't make its cast likable from the get go.
>>
>>15441318
Neither did IBO though. The difference being that with 00 it was by intention so they could develop, whereas with IBO it was unintentional because you were supposed to engage with them.
>>
>>15441318
>>15441135
Pretty much.
The way Setsuna and Tieria become tight as fuck in S2 was one of my favorite aspects of their character development.
>>
>>15441330
Not gonna lie, I thought Tieria's developing man-crush on Lockon was cute.
>>
>>15441330
>>15441342
>Lockon dies
>Tieria beats the shit out of Setsuna
>Anew dies
>Lyle beats the shit out of Setsuna while Tieria watches uncomfortably
It's like pottery nah I like that parallel
>>
>>15437782
Not OP but the 3 episode rule is fucking stupid and anyone who swears by it needs their goddamn head examined.
>>
Watching it for the first time also and

>gundams are about to get captured then get saved from a complete ass-pull

5-6 episodes later

>gundams are about to get captured then get saved from an even bigger ass-pull

Yeah that's gonna be a no from me dog
>>
>>15434777
I hated fucking 00 while it was airing and I still don't like it very much. Don't know what your on about. There is no universal opinion about these things.
>>
wtf I hate 00 and like both Wing and IBO now
>>
>>15432071
(you) the post
>>
>>15432051
This is the general 00 thread now right?
Well it is now.
Are the 00 games on DS and PS2 fun?
I want to smash stuff with Exia
>>
OP here, just marathoned the rest of Season 1 and holy fuck did it get good. So glad I didn't drop it.
>>
>>15443006
How did you react to lockon, lockon
>>
File: graham.jpg (216KB, 1694x951px) Image search: [Google]
graham.jpg
216KB, 1694x951px
Best character of the show (so far) for me.
>>
>>15443076
Yeah, the Flag is pretty good.
>>
>>15434799
I used to hate the fuck out of 00, albeit, unfairly. I really love GW despite it's stupid flaws and everything it was trying to be but people hardcore railed on that show (and Relena in particular) for 15 years.

Suddenly, here comes this show that's incredibly similar, and for all the reasons people may have disliked 00 for it never got the massive shitflinging Wing and Relena revived and 00 never got called out on some of the same shit that Wing got called out on all the time.

It was mostly the bullshit double standard that made me despise it. Now days I don't hate 00 and it's a pretty decent show. Marina can still fuck off though.
>>
>>15441597

>First season finale
>gundams are about to get beaten
>No asspulls, they get asswhooped and people die
>>
I watched like four episodes and I don't think I'm going to continue since the episodes are literally twenty minutes of "Gundam, Gundam, Celestial Being, Celestial being, Celestial Being, Gundam, Gundam, Gundam."
>>
>>15432051
because it's their first gendumb.
mine was zeta back in the 90s...
>>
>>15443286

Don't forget 'Setsuna F. Seiei, Marina Ismail, Setsuna F. Seiei, Saji Crossroad, Setsuna F. Seiei'.
>>
File: grahamswords.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grahamswords.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15443076
He's so fucking cool
His passion for the flag is so /m/anly
I'd call him an honorary gundam, but I think he'd take offense
>>
>>15437280
Ribbons' pimp hand is too strong.
>>
I like it because it was my first Gundam.

I also wanted Graham to win. And Setsuna was cute.
>>
File: agundamisfinetoo.gif (848KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
agundamisfinetoo.gif
848KB, 500x277px
>>15442666
Yeah we're general 00 thread now, thanks op.

Remember the funny chibi trailer they released for S2? Rewatching it is kind of amazing how many spoilers it had, though there are some references I still don't get

>A transforming Setsuna
Becomes Innovator in show/gundam in movie
>Lockon returns from the dead
Lyle (they even do the "you're alive??" gag in the show except it's depressing instead of funny)
>Allelujah's third personality
Not 100% on this, mostly feels like they wanted to add something for Allelujah but since he gets, uh, practically unless development in S2 is not like they had much to go on. Since the gag personality is a baby I'd guess it's a heads up that we're gonna learn his backstory as a kid?
>Tieria was a robot
Innovade stuff. I also choose to interpret Tieria losing his head as a reference to getting headshot by Ribbons because I'm a monster
>Setsuna + Tieria marriage
Communicating with the ELS, the goal of Aeolia's plan, requires an Innovator and an Innovade (with Veda) to work together
>An army from a mysterious world will invade
ELS
>An industrial complex will explode
Vague as fuck, we had a ton of those (elevator drop, memento mori, symbolic representation of A-Laws getting fucked, who knows)
>Maids will be assaulted
Wang Liu "Mei"d gets bitch slapped by Ribbons
>Cats will dance
No idea, it feels like it's referencing something specific so either Im missing the obvious or it got dropped
>There will be cute pandas
Sergei and Souma/Marie
>>
>>15444621
Shit, forgot the trailer link https://youtu.be/CYPODZYHW4E
>>
File: holy shit.png (179KB, 865x101px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.png
179KB, 865x101px
>>15444621
That was pretty good.
>>
Just watched a few episodes of season 2. I'm disappointed with the gundam designs. They were all better in season 1 IMO. In particular I like Exia way better than the 00 so far.
>>
SORESTAR BIINGU

Also Ribbons is the most retarded villain name ever. How am I supposed to take him seriously when he has a kitten's name?
>>
File: gundam00_s2_8a.jpg (54KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
gundam00_s2_8a.jpg
54KB, 480x270px
>>15443076
I think you mean second best to this fucking Frenchie.
>>
>>15444621
>>Allelujah's third personality
I think they meant the new MariLlujah who can only think about his dear Mari and say her name when it takes over.
>>
>>15445078
>>15444621
>Cats will dance
That was a pun about Kat(haron)
>>
>>15445078
I don't understand how people can complain about Lyle+Anew when Alle+Marie are so fucking obnoxious and borderline creepy that they make everyone else's relationships look like masterpieces in comparison. We seriously lost Souma for this shit? She was a better character and had more character growth than Alle+Marie combined and with room to spare.

>>15445086
Where is my Katharon congo line.
>>
>>15445242
Noone said Al/Marie was good they just said Lyle/Anew was super rushed and badly done.
>>
>>15432051
People wank off over the shit-tier Exia design (00 is way better) and also the story is very edgy and "socio-politically aware" which I imagine gave it much success with normies who cry about babies that they don't know dying in the middle east

As far as writing goes even 08th MS team surpasses it and 00 is certainly not the best in animation that Gundam has to offer. It's just overhyped filler stuff for you to watch when you're waiting for the next episode of Thunderbolt.
>>
>>15445306
>>>/a/
>>
I honestly don't remember a thing from season 2, other than Marina creating some shitty song.
>>
>>15445366
Strange. Like everything else in the show, it grew on me after a while.
I remember absolutely hating the 2nd ed when it first started playing. I thought it didn't match the tone of the show at all.
Nowadays it's my favorite gundam ed sequence, bar none.
Marina's song and speech over the final battle was perfect in my eyes.
>>
>>15432071
>I'll let you in on a secret, when season 1 was airing almost everyone rooted against Celestial Being

Oh man i remembered that time. And when the three world united to take down the CB Gundam, that was the best.

It was kind of clever on a hindsight. CB uses a classic strategy to unite the world. And that is to get a common enemy, which is them.
>>
I really loved all the sequences where mobile suits explode but the pilot survives.

I didn't even buy the Russian colonel's death because I'd been conditioned to expect characters to survive that type of event.
>>
>>15445298
I honestly didn't have a problem with Lyle+Anew, yeah it was pretty cliche but they did a good enough job that I was behind it. My only critique is that it felt too much like a rehash of Neil+Tieria.

>>15445439
What I liked was that they were pretty straightforward about that being their intention, but at the time I thought there had to be a catch because the only future for CB as the common enemy was their total destruction and surely those crazy bastards wouldn't be ok with that, right? But they played it straight and I did like how a bunch of disfunctional suicidal sacrificial lambs had to deal with surviving and changing their viewpoint enough to fix their mistake.

They could've taken the easier route (dying instead of changing (hi Neil) or basically saying "fuck it let the A-Laws win" and do nothing), instead they chose to fight even though they'd probably be jailed and executed for their past crimes.
>>
>>15445556
It felt way too rushed for me desu. That said after MARRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!!!! anything looked better.
>>
File: mrbushido.jpg (222KB, 1694x952px) Image search: [Google]
mrbushido.jpg
222KB, 1694x952px
>>
>>15444623
>there will be cute pandas
>THE PRIDE OF RUSSIA
>without a single dependable person in celestial being, is there a future left for them
Audibly laugh every time.
>>
File: 1486107802670.png (284KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
1486107802670.png
284KB, 650x581px
>that scene in season 2 where everyone call out the name of the person they care about and setsuna just says "gundam"
>>
>>15445753
The second season was a fucking mistake.
>>
Seriously what the fuck does Setsuna mean when he says he's gundam anyway? I know everyone loves to meme the shit out of it and say he's in love with the fucking robot but is there some philosophy he has behind this saying? Does he just see the gundams as gods because they saved his ass as a child? I never fucking understood this autistic shit.
>>
>>15446941
At first he sees them as gods, then he basically considers the term "Gundam" as a proxy to peace and understanding.
>>
>>15446941
Consider.
>You're a child soldier, told to fight in a holy war that you don't even know is true
>friends dying left and right
>about to die to a mobile suit
>0 Gundam shows up and saves you
>emits flurry of GN particles
>fuck the god who took my friends, I want the God that saved me, Gundam
Whenever he says I am gundam, or I want to be gundam, or I still can't be gundam, he means that status of essentially god, who can stop a battlefield at will for the better of the people. This is why he gets so riled up with Team Trinity. They claim to be gundam (god), but they fucking slaughter innocents while holding that name.

Eventually he grows out of it and stops replacing God with Gundams, and instead uses Gundams as a symbol for understanding. He also uses it along with Lockon's "you've got to change" to help him undergo the process of innovation. He wants to become that symbol of understanding himself, he wants to be a gundam.
>>
>>15446941
>Seriously what the fuck does Setsuna mean when he says he's gundam anyway? I know everyone loves to meme the shit out of it and say he's in love with the fucking robot but is there some philosophy he has behind this saying? Does he just see the gundams as gods because they saved his ass as a child? I never fucking understood this autistic shit.

And yet it's fucking crystal clear what he means. He sees himself as the instrument to carry out Celestial Being's will through the Gundam. He's not in love with the Gundam, you might be mistaking him with Noa Izumi.
>>
>setsuna gets back in the exia for the final battle

alright that was actually pretty damn hype
>>
>>15446986
There are literally meme images of him and Exia getting married.
>>
File: tumblr_mo1bo2Xlpq1stb6fao1_500.gif (466KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo1bo2Xlpq1stb6fao1_500.gif
466KB, 500x281px
>>15446997
>Go through 00s final battle again
>Decide to add Daybreak's Bell around when Exia appears for giggles.
>mfw
>>
File: 1492284761519.png (328KB, 477x355px) Image search: [Google]
1492284761519.png
328KB, 477x355px
>>15446953
>>15446980
>>15446986
I see how Heero Yuy completely relates to Setsuna's autism. I thought it was just for the sake of showing they were similar characters but I guess it's a little more then that.
>>
File: OP1.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OP1.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15446986
>He's not in love with the Gundam
>>
>>15447064
MY LIFE I TRADE IN FOR YOUR PAIN
>>
>>15447053
Translation
>Heero: You have become a representation of understanding amugst human kind
>Setsuna: So have you. And you have also defeated the thing in which I wrongfully revered as a god
>Heero: You have surpassed the Gundam that you idealized.
>Setsuna: Thank you. That is the greatest complement I could ever receive.

Did I get it right?
>>
>>15447064
Maraina and Gundam both represent "understanding". So are you implying that he's in love with "understanding"?
>>
>>15447072
That isn't Marina.
>>
>>15447069
No and the translation in that pic is wrong to begin with, no idea why retards keep reposting it even though we had Chen post a REAL translation back in the day.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-18-23-49-58.jpg (879KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-18-23-49-58.jpg
879KB, 1920x1080px
Okay the Alaws are getting a little silly
>>
File: 1386131764792.jpg (77KB, 478x686px) Image search: [Google]
1386131764792.jpg
77KB, 478x686px
>>15447370
Sauce?
When I do a google search for either of their names + SRW, I just get more of the same translations or no translations at all.
>Pic related
>>
>>15447381
Damn, ISIS got rekt.
>>
>>15447072

>>15447064 is apparently his mother, though the one time I recall her being shown in 00 itself (Setsuna's flashback to killing his parents), she's wearing a head covering of some description. So it's rather hard to tell if she actually looks like Marina. Still, even if it is her and not Marina, that fails to account for the difference between "loving" someone and being "in love" with someone. One is a generic emotional investment that covers strong attachment to anyone, while the other is a specific emotional state that implies romantic and sexual feelings for someone. Which Setsuna is never implied to have for either his mother or Marina (outside that one manga).
>>
>>15447458
I don't think it's far-fetched to say Setsuna has a deep love for Marina, though not the romantic kind of love.

By the way does the movie ending make anybody else think of the Turn A ending? Like how Loran took care of Diana for the remainder of her life, I wonder if Setsuna would take care of Marina until she died too
>>
>>15447479

I never said he didn't love her, only that he wasn't "in" love with her. Which implies something far different. Also, why would Marina need taking care of? She lives alone in that house as far as we are told, and has kids of her own. She seems to be perfectly capable of taking care of herself - even with bad eyesight. If she needed taking care of that'd be the responsibility of her kids presumably, not Setsuna. More likely he was just a friend to her if he stuck around Earth, visiting regularly to talk to her.
>>
>>15447370
The translation is right, though, the lines are pretty straightforward.

>>15447458
Nah, the lady in the first op is the personification of Exia. Her and Setsuna's mom are intentionally design to look like Marina (the mom even had the same VA).
>>
>>15445753
I liked how they showed that a masked asshole who had a ego the size of a planet was bad for the army
>>
>>15447900
He was so amazingly self-absorbed

Just like a true american
>>
>>15447900
>Masked asshole with a instinctual need to fuck your enemies robots is bad for your army.
Fixed
>>
>>15447913
>Masked asshole with a instinctual need to fuck your enemies robots is bad for your army.
He always said he didn't feel like fighting whenever gundams weren't around, and gnored orders, so yeah
>>
>>15447913
If you don't want to embrace gundam then I'm sorry your dick is broken.
>>
File: 1440539637409.png (219KB, 827x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1440539637409.png
219KB, 827x1050px
>>15445306
>00 is way better
>>
File: 1387925998209.jpg (39KB, 684x839px) Image search: [Google]
1387925998209.jpg
39KB, 684x839px
>>15443076
Unfortunately they ruin him in S2. God S2 was dumb.
>>
File: 1484825129303.png (15KB, 525x509px) Image search: [Google]
1484825129303.png
15KB, 525x509px
What if Graham had a Gundam?
>>
>>15447924
>ignored orders
Well, to be fair he didn't have to, he had some kind of one man army license that gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted, like the Innovades. So while he could have just run around on his own blowing up whole bases he preferred to sulk and have inconclusive duels with Setsuna.
>>
>>15447986
THIQQ
>>
>>15446751
Which episode?

I can't remember a thing about S2 but I still have it downloaded.
>>
>>15448270
I wanna say episode 18, right before the credits roll, but could be wrong about the episode number.
>>
>>15448275
That's the one. Brilliant.
>>
>>15432051
Is this even a good place to start with Gundam like the internet suggests?
>>
>>15448405
I think most people on /m/ would tell you to start with 0079 and from there at least watch zeta and maybe ZZ before doing anything else. Honestly though, if you wanna start with a modern gundam 00 isn't a bad place to start. The thing about 00 is it subverts or straight abandons many gundam tropes which you won't really appreciate if you watch it first.
>>
File: Thinking of you...webm (359KB, 1080x606px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking of you...webm
359KB, 1080x606px
>>15448278
>>
>>15448456
I'd like to have at least something more modern after going through SFD's quality animation.

Any other suggestions?
>>
>>15448405
00 was my first Gundam and it will always be THE Gundam.
>>
>>15448530
I haven't watched it, but most people say SEED and SEED destiny are really bad. There's Gundam Wing which people have pretty mixed feelings on. I like it even if it do think it should have only been 25 episodes or so. Then there's IBO which is the most recent gundam. I watched about 15 episodes before I had to drop it. The plot when nowhere and the main character is some mentally disabled edgelord who just does what other people tell him.
>>
>>15448405
>>15448530
I started with 00 and enjoyed it quite a bit. The wording of >>15448456 might give the (wrong) impression that you need to have seen other Gundam shows to 'get' it, but that's not really the case. Maybe it'll add a little, but 00 is very much its own thing (for a season, at least) and better for it.

I actually started out looking for Wing, but stumbled across 00 by mistake, and by the time I'd realised the error I was long past caring because I was hooked.
>>
>>15448001
Technically anything with a GN Drive is a Gundam, so you already have your answer with the GN Flag, Masurao and Brave.
>>
>>15448562
>Masurao
do you think he named it himself
>>
>>15448530
SEED. It's relatively modern and infamous for turning up Gundam tropes to obnoxious levels.
>>
>>15448570
I should add which was why 00 was considered a breath of fresh air during its run (at least over here, Japan still has a hard-on for that show) since it often tries subverting those tropes (yes, even S2).
>>
>>15444621
>There will be cute pandas
PRIDE OF MOTHER RUSSIA
>>
>>15445753
>>15446755
Susanowo is a rad suit, though.
>>
>>15448559
>I actually started out looking for Wing, but stumbled across 00 by mistake
How the heck does that happen? The series names are different. It's not like searching for '00' and getting '0080' or '0083'.
>>
>>15446755
No it wasn't. There were some issues but they never outright tanked the series. And taken together with s1 and the movie, it was a perfectly natural progression to the story.

And it was fun to watch.
>>
>>15448594
I'd seen adds and occasional clips of Wing when I was a kid, but never actually gotten to watch it, so I'd figured it was a good place to start. But it didn't seem like I recalled and thought I was misremembering or something. (I got as far as the phrase 'gundanium alloy' before deciding that mustn't have been it, because it had seemed so cool at the time). So instead I recalled a scene I'd seen where someone referred to 'Gundam zero', searched for that and found *double* zero.

As a point of interest I discovered build fighters the same way, having never heard of it but looking for that other Gunpla OVA.

I reckon both were good mistakes to have made.
>>
Guy who isn't OP but has been marathoning the series the last week or so, wanted to give my opinion since I finished.

Honestly, Season 1 of this show is probably the single best season of modern gundam there is. I started off hating Celestial Being as I sure most people did, but by the time things were over had gotten pretty attached to them. The "antagonists" from the HRL and Union were very memorable too, with graham being my favorite. The animation was also great, quite a breath of fresh air after the QUALITY of IBO

Season 2 is definitely a bit more rough, i wouldn't call it horrible though. One thing that struck me was that, in my opinion, the gundam designs were worse than the first season. Also Lyle replacing his dead brother almost in a way negated his death because it was like having a clone of him there , I wasn't too fond of that. However things wrapped up pretty nicely and as mediocre as season 2 is in some parts, the final battle was REALLY well done.

I don't have too much to say about the movie, I thought it was solid. Good action scenes, your usual gundam UNDERSTANDING. I appreciate that they tried to do something different with the aliens instead of making them the usual blue humans. I was sad that Graham died, but his death was handled quite well IMO so it could have been worse
>>
>>15448633
Oh hey, it's you from that other thread! Glad to see you ended up enjoying it.
>>
>>15448593
I just remembered how Mr Bushido changed mobile suits every other episode. Season 2 really was a mistake.
>>
File: 1491406475799.jpg (183KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1491406475799.jpg
183KB, 500x652px
>>15448634
Yeah man, I decided to watch it on a whim because of that other thread, and I'm so glad I did.
>>
>>15448636
He only had 2 suits (technically Susanowo was an upgrade/repaint).
>>
Gundam 00 Season 1 is interesting in that it's arguably the most political Gundam show.

It was direct commentary on international politics right down to the protagonist being a middle eastern terrorist.
>>
I read somewhere that 00 was supposed to have a chess theme.

>each of the four Gundams was a chess piece
>Sumeragi's plans sound like chess moves
>focus on strategists in the first place

Was it true?
>>
>>15448458
I don't care how much anyone hates S2, this scene is pure GOLD; and is far more memorable to me than Last Shooting.
>>
File: Pawn Gundam.jpg (172KB, 1120x651px) Image search: [Google]
Pawn Gundam.jpg
172KB, 1120x651px
>>15448668
Yes
>>
>>15448565
Do you have any doubt?
>>
>>15448405
Yeah, you could start with 00, it's pretty self contained so you can go in fresh. If you end up liking it I gotta suggest going back to 0079 like the other anon suggested, not because it's mandatory viewing but because it's just goddamn good.

>>15448603
I agree with you, especially about S2 being a necessary bridge between S1 and the movie, but I think that might be something people only pick up in hindsight. S2 was not what a lot of people expected (myself included) and it definitely had some execution issues.

Personally I ended up enjoying it, flaws and all, but I can see why it could turn someone off.
>>
>>15445242
Gotta agree with Soma suppressing her new personality after falling for Yallelujah. Maybe it was cut due to time constraint, but an episode or half dedicated to having Al accept that the girl he remember as Marie no longer exist as she once did would really have fleshed out their relationship. Just as Hal/al had to reconcile with his split personas, so should he accept that Soma is also such a conflicted mix of present and past selves. I say this as a fan of their characters, but there's a lot of missed oppurtunities with these two.
>>
>>15449391
At least by the movie they have no problems with having their combat personalities around though with Marie its more like both personalities melded a bit into each other
>>
>>15449407
That's the thing. I liked both of them enough to see that there's some thought put into their backstory and some good ideas in the drafts. The problem is that they stayed there in the drafts and were never shown very well on screen. They cut out the meat of their stories and just left us with a very well structured skeleton that we needed to play conmect the dots with.

Their characters in the movie was good, and it made sense that they would have matured further after S2, but the process by which they got to that point is once again left completely to the viewer's imagination! I want the meat of the story, not a sparknote, dammit!
>>
>>15432051

I just finished S2.

Throughout the first season I hated Celestial Being. The second season didn't do much to make me like them, either, though I will admit they had character development and all that.

The show's strong point throughout was the non-Celestial Being characters who were morally grounded, despite what side they were on at any given time. Another point in the show's favor is that the story makes sense, in that it is told in a coherent fashion. It's good good world building, too.

The mecha designs were kind of boring, the combat was so-so, but the animation was good.

It was one of those weird shows where I don't really like the over all story and plot, but I do like the characters and their interactions enough to keep wanting to see what happens to them next.
>>
>>15448633
>Niel and Lyle are the same
Love this meme.
>>
>>15449471
Meat of story was removed more more beamspam and pointless posing.
>>
>>15432051
>Why do people like this?
This is actually a really good question, S1 has its moments but about half of it is painfully mediocre, S2 is pounding into the ground most of the good things about S1 and the only thing of worth about the movie is the parody segment. Overall 00 sucks more than it does good.
>>
>>15448668
>>15448706
Exia is pawn (close combat), Virtue is clearly tower (big and direct), Kyrios is Bishop (strange quick move), Dynames is knight... (attacks that bypass defenses?). It kinda works...
>>
>>15449471
Exactly, and its not like they didn't have time for it. Just replace some of the scenes where Alle is crying about Marie/one of the childhood flashback scenes with, ya know, actual plot. Even a handful of dialogue changes would go a long way, their story is just that bare.

Allelujah is my least favorite by a mile and even I didn't like seeing him get shafted that hard.

>>15449694
It's like people didn't pay attention to the many "Lyle is not Neil" scenes in the show.

Personally I was impressed that they managed to make Lyle a believable character that stands on his own, you could strip Neil out of his background and he'd still work with very minor script changes. I wish they hadn't made him a Gundam pilot, he could've accomplished everything he needed to story wise as a support member of CB (hell, kick Saji out and give him the 0 Raiser, I'd be down for that).
>>
>>15448584
>yes, even S2

Seriously, I thought that so many times when I first watched it, but I think people were too mad typical Gundam tropes weren't overtly subverted. Haven't seen it in years, but I think the most obvious one is how Saji is basically the typical Gundam protagonist who gets into the suit by mistake and falls in love with the cyber Newtype, yet here he was only thrown into the 0 Raiser and his CN girlfriend survives. Actually, the whole Cyber Newtype girlfriend trope was split between Louise, Marie and Anew, which I found really interesting.
>>
>>15451295
That's actually pretty interesting. Based on that, you could argue Exia/Setsuna pulls a pawn promotion when he becomes an Innovator.
>>
File: 1490979607868.gif (729KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1490979607868.gif
729KB, 500x359px
>>15434777
We're in the hate-box. Absolutely nothing is sacred.
>>
>>15441353
Well, didn't Setsuna kill Anew?
>>
>>15451540
Both deaths were out of his control really, but in both situations he was blamed for them.
Lockon died because of his own actions.
Anew died because Ribbons is a faggot.
>>
>>15434799
It's easy to vocally hate than just silently ignore, especially if there is no real consequence for anything you say here
>>
>>15451547
RIIBANSUU

ARUMAAAAKUUUU
>>
>>15434777
>Why does this board exists if every /m/ anime is hated?
Toku. Mechafags are insufferable and need to fuck off our board
>>
>>15451547

It wasn't out of his control, if anything it was the opposite and it was entirely because he was in control of the situation. Lyle was just about to successfully talk her in to coming back to Celestial Being when Ribbons intervened and made her attack Lyle. Lyle was caught off caught so she'd almost certainly have killed him, but Setsuna shot her when she did. He didn't have much choice, but saying it was out of his control misrepresents the situation in my opinion.
>>
>>15451586
His only other option was to let Lyle die.
That's not really much of a choice.
At the same time he was rushing to save Tieria and Allelujah.

I kinda get your point though.
>>
00 was like Obama

Because it followed SEED and Destiny it got a nobel peace prize just for not being that.

But that doesn't mean it's not garbage, it just means it's different garbage.
>>
>>15451739
found the ibo shitter
>>
>>15451739
>Obama
>/pol/ shit
Fuck of back to you're cancer containment boar fucking cunt.

>>15451751
He's not even an IBO fan. He's just a bait cunt from /pol/
>>
>>15432051
You have to understand it was the first gundam broadcast in HD and the first gundam to air since Destiny. Not to mention there was a several year gap between the end of Destiny and start of 00. While /m/ was technically around for the airing of Destiny, 00 was the first Gundam to air and have active discussions for for the majority of /m/
>>
>>15432775
WIng >>> IBO >>>>>>>>>>>> 00

True facts

>>15432761
The people who dislike Wing are the contrarian faggots, like you.
>>
File: 1445720355668.png (8KB, 398x293px) Image search: [Google]
1445720355668.png
8KB, 398x293px
>>15452407
>>15452407
>ibo above literally anything

Stay in your containment thread.
>>
>>15449537
I didn't like 00 much at first either but it gets better the more times I watch it with the benefit of retrospect (knowing how things turn out) and I'm able to pick up on all the little tidbits and forshadowing from early in the series.
>>
File: images-74.jpg (29KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images-74.jpg
29KB, 332x443px
What do you think her thought process was as she crashed that wedding?
>>
>>15452580
>"Just a prank bro"
>>
File: worldsbestfather.png (172KB, 584x332px) Image search: [Google]
worldsbestfather.png
172KB, 584x332px
>>15452580
"Mah daddy issues"
>>
>>15452586
>calm down Louise it was a fucking joke
>>
>>15452421
It really does, the first time I watched it I initially had trouble following all the characters they threw at you, then on rewatches you can really see how the writers were setting things up. I'd argue that a lot of the foreshadowing in S1 is way too subtle, especially for a show that isn't afraid of heavy handed exposition.
>>
File: wedding crashers.jpg (64KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
wedding crashers.jpg
64KB, 487x720px
>>15452610
How many of these edits are there anyway?
>>
>>15451343
Yeah and the concept of Nadleeh was originally King Gundam because it can directly interface with Veda and can hide behind Virtue referencing the "Castling" move in chess.
Its surprising how much of the chess concepts they managed to keep.
>>
>>15452580
What do you think her thought process was as she was vaporized by Louise?
>>
>>15452638
>>15452586
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-02-12-30.jpg (1008KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-02-12-30.jpg
1008KB, 1920x1080px
How the FUCK are they hearing the song inside a plane?
>>
>>15453309
GN Particles stronk.
>>
>>15453309
GN particles anon, don't you see their "what the fuck is going on" face through the whole sequence? Even Ali got spooked
>>
Couldn't they at least have made that fucking song, you know, good?
>>
>>15452580
Because I can
>>
File: setsuna alien bullshit.jpg (17KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna alien bullshit.jpg
17KB, 512x288px
>>15453309
just 00 magic like when setsuna turned into a immortal half alien half gundam half human hybrid
>>
>>15453573
Marina in general was just a disappointingly executed character. They had a decent idea with Full Pacism Now but it had such a low impact in the show that it was basically worthless. If Marina had had more of a political presence and was treated as a worldwide figurehead of peace instead of just being a plot device for when the writers need Setsuna to do a thing, she'd have some actual fans.

IBO can kiss my ass but I have to give them props for how they handled Kudelia.
>>
>>15452580
>WHY WON'T SETSUNA MARRY ME?!?!?
>>
File: 1478000706923.gif (582KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478000706923.gif
582KB, 480x270px
>>15453675
>IBO can kiss my ass but I have to give them props for how they handled Kudelia.
>>
>>15453853
Kudelia to me is still one of the better handled "Princess" characters in this franchise. Mostly because the show actually challenges her naivete on social issues and she learns grows from it. Its not like Relina who was a brat and then just became amazing at politics with an uncanny knack for convincing people to her side.
>>
>>15453675
I think Marina fits in the message of that sometimes you need force to force peace. She is powerless the whole time and it is shown that her pacifism is worthless, just mere words but no effect. Meanwhile you see CB actaully achieving shit using the exact opposite method. Thus, the message here is that force is needed to achieve something.

The ultimate message however is that while you can enforce peace, you can not keep it and only true peace can be kept by mutual understanding. In that regard I think she actually first the plot very well.
>>
>>15452580

She was jealous there were people having a carefree life if I recall.
>>
Marina, Kudelia and Relena are all as bad as each other.
>>
>>15453860
>Kudelia
>handled at all
Man you IBO faggots really are dumber then bricks.
>>
Was it ever said how Schenberg knew about the ELS?
>>
>>15454077
I don't think he knew about the ELS specifically, but his whole plan was more of a general "aliens exist, and we'll run into them eventually, better make sure people aren't fuckwits" kind of scheme.
>>
>>15454121
It makes sense that he would be going off the assumption that communicating with aliens would be impossible due to the language barrier (people on earth already have trouble as is), but the way the plan is set up seems to be tailored to specifically communicating with the ELS.

I always assumed that he'd been involved somehow with the exploration of Jupiter (since the GN drives can only be made in Jupiter's environment, he has an obvious reason for being interested), saw the initial discovery of the ELS, and thought "shit we need to prepare for this." He obviously was aware of humanity's potential to become Innovators and QBW (at least on a theoretical level) because the concept of Innovades, Veda, and the GN Drives are all heavily based on that knowledge.
>>
>>15452580

"KEK"
>>
>>15453573
I'm glad they fixed the final battle in the compilation movie by removing that crap.

>>15453614
Reminder that Marina won the Trailblazer no matter how desperate the mememasters are about pushing for the Gundan end.
>>
>>15454180
His plan would work with any alien race that didn't just intend to kill everyone on Earth for some reason.

The ELS are conveniently a type of alien where ONLY his plan would work though.
>>
File: 1490518951564.jpg (44KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490518951564.jpg
44KB, 854x480px
>>15454071
>Can't think of a response
>Calls someone dumb
>>
>>15440068
nu-/m/ is here
>>
>>15454233
He ended up over in ELSland WITH the gundam.

Gundam won.
>>
>>15454296
Who are you quoting, faggot?

>Kudelia
>well handled

Literally mentally retarded.
>>
File: 1491933189747.jpg (107KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1491933189747.jpg
107KB, 1440x810px
>>15454464
You keep repeating yourself instead saying anything of value. But please continue.
>>
File: 1399741373345.jpg (166KB, 428x280px) Image search: [Google]
1399741373345.jpg
166KB, 428x280px
>>15454485
>tokushitter is an IBOfag

What a TWIST.
>>
File: Uvogin.gif (1001KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Uvogin.gif
1001KB, 500x280px
>>15454593
Well now I just feel bad.
>>
File: 1334935813417.png (13KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1334935813417.png
13KB, 284x284px
>>15454609
You should.
>>
>>15454180
His whole plan was tailored for humanity to evolve into telepaths, that is why he helped create the Solar energy system, so that it could saturate the atmosphere with gn-particles guiding humanity a certain path

He just assumed, correctly, that verbal or writen communication would be a dead end and telepathically conveying your message would be better
>>
>>15454296
Fucking please, you're talking Kudelia as somehow being a peace princess that works by showing how she didn't matter but that is pure bullshit, she did fuck all through the whole story and somehow ended up becoming the overlord of mars with everyone talking big about her as if somehow she worked for that
>>
I'm legitimately baffled at how anyone could defend Kudelia's character of all things out of IBO. She just flipflops constantly throughout season 1 and is the main reason why a large stretch of the middle of the show flounders and goes nowhere because both Okada and Nagai focused on her being as much a main character as Mikazuki and Orga so unlike even Marina or Lacus and Fllay, we aren't forced to deal with them EVERY single episode we have to with Kudelia.

Then in season 2 she spends half of the season barely appearing every other episode yet...learns nothing from her experiences. I don't think there is ever a female lead in a Gundam series as boring, pointless, or self-defeating as a character or plot progression/narrative focused entity in a story as Kudelia.
>>
>>15454593
d-dont bully
>>
>>15454324
>I didn't watch the full movie
>>
I love how Setsuna grew from a murder manlet to a strapping young man in the movie. Also, rewatching S1 Neil could snipe AND do gunkata like Lyle, only far more accurately. Lyle was a mistake.
>>
>when Setsuna engaged the Trinity siblings, he did so while expecting no backup
Is he crazy?
>>
>>15435006
>They all don these stupid matching sentai outfits
I heard that S1's art direction put a lot of strain in the animators.
>>
>>15455452
Don't underestimate Gundam. I loved that part because it was the beginning of Setsuna becoming bros with Tieria.
>>
File: exia-concept1.jpg (149KB, 581x612px) Image search: [Google]
exia-concept1.jpg
149KB, 581x612px
>>15455456
It was mostly the Gundam designs which used a lot of "rounded" shapes and some kind of metallic filter. And these were the SIMPLIFIED versions of Ebikawa's original designs.

Honestly, I don't blame them considering how shitty the working conditions are in Japan and Asia in general. Probably saved some poor soul from a heart attack.
>>
>>15455465
Flags and Enacts were also a lot more complicated than Aheads, and Graham got some great scenes in his Flag.
>>
>>15447067
MY WISHES OVER THEIR AIRSPACE
>>
>>15455456
Not surprising seeing how everything went to blocky blocks in S2. Also Sumeragi's hair was hard on them.
>>
>>15432051
>Serious question. I'm 11
Stopped reading right there. 4chan is a 18+ website. You shouldn't be here
>>
File: 1491963140094.gif (643KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491963140094.gif
643KB, 300x200px
>>
>>15455528
This is the kind of people who genuinely thinks that Reco is a clusterfuck making no sense.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-21-23-27-59.jpg (938KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-21-23-27-59.jpg
938KB, 1920x1080px
Goddamn. Even after being murdered by him, he still tells his son that he's sorry for not being there for him and making enough effort to connect with him

r.i.p
;_;7
>>
>>15455628
S2 a shit.
>>
>>15455460
Setsuna and Tieria's ultimate bromance is one of my favorite things, it's so satisfying and fuck yeah to see them go from "I will shoot you in the back if you fuck up again" to ride or die.

>>15455628
Fuck Andrei forever, he's a spoiled ungrateful little shit. Souma is Sergei's only child as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>15453675
Marina's main objective was to protect her country and her people.
In the end she managed to fulfill that duty quite well despite all the bumps in the road (AZADISTAN IS BURNING).
Her role otherwise was as a surrogate mother and the sole confidant of Setsuna, which she performed pretty well too.
>>
>>15455703
'Setsuna don't you have anybody you want to write a letter to?'
'No'
>He already wrote a letter to Marina
I cried like a bitch when she was reading it
>>
>>15455692

The reason Sergei was such a good father to Souma was because he regretted what happened with Andrei so much. Which he should frankly, because he dealt with his wife's death by essentially curling up inside and isolating himself socially, leaving Andrei to deal with it on his own. It's a supremely selfish way of actin, and he did for years if I recall. He didn't deserve to die, but a lot of people seem willing to completely overlook what he did act and like he's a perfect father.
>>
>>15436292
this, UC is garbage
>>
>>15455720
Still, killing your father as a way to retaliate for being emotionally neglected? Andrei a shit.
>>
>>15455692
>souma is sergeis only child
That's not what Sergei would say
>>
File: 1337546795163.jpg (75KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1337546795163.jpg
75KB, 450x600px
I rewatched S2 recently and I have to say it really improves upon the second watch. It's rushed, but from what I read on /m/ it's not the writers' fault. The concepts and the plot points are good material, they just needed to be spread over more episodes and explored to a greater extent. I especially regret not seeing more of Innovade shenanigans and their internal politics. Could have made a good side OVA, IMHO.
>>
Why do they have to blow up the Memento Mori itself instead of just destroying the surrounding tracks and letting it fall?
>>
>>15457579
Because that might damage the solar ring
>>
>>15432051
It has the best gundam princess.
>>
>>15432051
People liked 00 because it wasn't SEED Destiny.
>>
File: Trash.png (775KB, 940x540px) Image search: [Google]
Trash.png
775KB, 940x540px
After the disappointment that was IBO (I enjoyed the death scenes in the second half), my friend said the true Gundam was 00. So I watched all 50 episodes just now. And fuck. It was even worse. Walking exposition and idealistic commentary on war all dressed in shitty battles. So I want to understand (no irony), why this is one of the top rated Gundam shows? What made it popular? And what are your thoughts on it?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-01-06-54.jpg (864KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-01-06-54.jpg
864KB, 1920x1080px
>>15432051
Okay so I just finished season 2. I think it had a few rough spots, and I think the UNDERSTANDING comes off a bit heavy handed. They scream understanding while kicking the shit out of Ribbons. Ultimately though, I still loved the show. I liked every single character and thought the show did a good job delivering on most of their developments. I liked the pacing a lot. The story's constantly engaging and moving along.

If season one was an 8.5, then season two is a 7.5

Fuck y'all, season 2 was good and I bet I'm gonna love the movie too
>>
File: setsuna1.jpg (38KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna1.jpg
38KB, 500x281px
>>15458894
Because it's one of the few Gundam shows that did "idealistic commentary" right, or at least in a way that wasn't dripping in hypocrisy.

Also the MC has a convincing arc and actually develops thoughout the course of the show.
>>
>>15458922
The movie carries most of the themes established in the series to their natural conclusion, which isn't necessarily to everyone's taste, but I personally liked it.

It's also known that S2 had its ending rewritten because of the movie getting greenlit so in many ways it's designed with the sole intent to wrap up Setsuna's character arc.
>>
>>15458948
And also the dangling plot thread about making First Contact with alien life.
>>
File: 1491451849055.jpg (10KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
1491451849055.jpg
10KB, 200x230px
>>15458894
>>
>>15458922
Just as long as you don't create a new thread with "WTF DID I JUST WATCH" in the title to bitch about the flower...
>>
>>15458922
>They scream understanding while kicking the shit out of Ribbons
All I remember is Setsuna saying that Innovators and Innovade should walk together with humanity and that Ribbons was wrong and that is why he should die

I don't remember them forcing understand so much as sayin g that humanity has to reach an understanding with itself if they are to move forward
>>
File: 1474811866130.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474811866130.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>15458922
Is this some review taken from MAL? Season 2 was pure shit. Ruined the entire fucking 00 series.
>>
>>15458973
Come on, anon.

Bitching about the flower is like a time honored tradition at this point.
>>
>>15458955
He didn't get the posts here so he posted it on /a/. He's probably samefagging because the post count is pretty big but a low poster count and all the posts are the same reiteration of the OP post
>>>/a/156233453
>>
>>15458922
I ended up really liking the movie after a second watch
>>
File: original.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>15460161
To be fair /m/ is a slow board. I did the same with Zeta.
>>
>>15460161
>49ips, 164 posts
So three person samefagging or what? No need to be paranoid.
>>15458627
4/10
>>
>>15458627
Yeah I liked Marina a lot in S1
She's just trying to do right for her country.
S2 she wasn't that bad. Just wanted to keep her orphans safe.
>>
>>15460161
I couldn't even make it through 1/3 of that thread, almost everyone posting either never watched the show, watched only part of it, or are so functionally stupid they can't understand the most basic parts of the show. If you hate it, whatever, but if you have to justify your reasons with shear bullshit then that's pretty pathetic.

Positive post, one thing I like about G00 is that almost every plot point is a natural/believable progression of the previous plot point, even if it might not be apparent right away.
>>
>>15460270
People complain about them a lot, but Marina was a good way to show how CB'S mission affected those at the top, while Saji and Louise showed the impact on everyday citizens.
>>
>>15455452
>So I told Setsuna to solo the trinities and he actually did it the absolute madman
>>
>>15460309
>almost everyone posting either never watched the show, watched only part of it, or are so functionally stupid they can't understand the most basic parts of the show
It's like the ANN crowd, they can't into subtlety and need constant EXPOSITION.
>>
>>15460391
But 00 has some really heavy handed exposition, that's what gets me. These people were practically spoonfed information like they were newborn children and they STILL don't get it?? I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they just didn't watch it instead of being so blindingly idiotic that they can't understand basic sentences, but either way they are unfit to discuss anything beyond "sky is blue."
>>
File: 1473494328640.gif (997KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1473494328640.gif
997KB, 500x282px
>>15455452
>When Graham tried to solo the Trinity's and managed to cut Eins arm while in a Flag
>>
>>15460559
>>
I miss Graham.
>>
>>
File: 1447885225708.jpg (15KB, 317x306px) Image search: [Google]
1447885225708.jpg
15KB, 317x306px
>>15460587
>>15460596
He was my favourite

>>15460594
>The way Lockon casually aims his gun towards the guy
>>
I refuse to watch any show with Beamspam. It's so fucking stupid and a product of sheer laziness
>>
>>15460612

It always reminds me of Clarence Boddicker blowing off Murphy's hand in Robocop

NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH
>>
>>15460618
So I guess you don't actually watch gundam and only came here to show how much of a special snowflake you are, good for you anon
>>
>>15433545
>>15432996
But it's too obvious in SEED & 00 it breaks the suspension of disbelief as far as Tomino Gundam shows go only the transforming and combining gimmicks came close and he went out of the way to minimize those aspects as much as he was allowed to once he got a dozen episodes in
>>
>>15460646
Can you repeat that in english?
>>
>>15460618
What about shows with Shellspam?
>>
File: 1490833938037.jpg (73KB, 570x537px) Image search: [Google]
1490833938037.jpg
73KB, 570x537px
>>15460630
>you dislike muh shitty 2000s AUs you must hate all teh Gendums lol
Kill yourself buddy, you're retarded
>>
>>15460672
Its really hilarious how you try to say that UC also doesn't have beamspam

You should be a comedian
>>
File: slllap.png (5KB, 243x190px) Image search: [Google]
slllap.png
5KB, 243x190px
>>15460672
Every single gundam show that has ever been animated has beam spam out of the ass, literally every signle one

Even IBO that didn't have beam weapons managed to do it with their solid weaponry

You are literally retarded from even trying to use that stupid shit as an argument, all it does is show how you don't actually watch the fucking shows and only came to shitpost

I honestly hope you're proud of being this much of a faggot
>>
>>15460689
>Even IBO that didn't have beam weapons managed to do it with their solid weaponry

Uh that's called Itano Circus, it's the same idea behind beamspam but I'd still classify them as different things.

Regardless a show with beamspam didn't mean it's bad, like shows that go out of their way to avoid beamspam doesn't mean they're good. To judge something based on the presence or lack of an element while ignoring critical things like execution and presentation shows that you have intelligence and taste of a child.

Seriously go watch the shows you're shitposting about first before complaining,I'm embarrassed on your behalf.
>>
>>15460618
Good job never watching a Gundam series ever then, faggot.
>>
File: macrossf_07-02.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
macrossf_07-02.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>15460843
What the fuck are you talking about? I'm just pointing out that every single gundam has beamspam, I'm not talking about if that makes a show good or bad, learn to fucking read you retard

Also
>Even IBO that didn't have beam weapons managed to do it with their solid weaponry

>Uh that's called Itano Circus, it's the same idea behind beamspam but I'd still classify them as different things.

No, pic related is what looks like the itano circus you moron, it doesn't matter if they use missiles or beams, PIC RELATED is what it look like, IBO had no such thing on it
>>
File: blocks your path.png (743KB, 1279x721px) Image search: [Google]
blocks your path.png
743KB, 1279x721px
>>15460870
>>
>>15461060
One GN blade is enough for that problem.
>>
>>15461065
Shit, an Overflag could probably solve that issue.
>>
>>15461060
They flew in a pefrectly straight path you autist, you couldn't even see them until after they hit the target, do you actually KNOW what itano circus actually is?
>>
>>15461186
Anything with high mobility would fuck them over
>>
>>15461186
Fuck were the Flags and Overflags great, would they be considered grunt suits?
>>
>>15462664
Because they're fighting and being compared to, not only gendums, but arguably the most technologically advanced gendums in the series.
>>
>>15441353
Even fucking Saji beats Setsuna. What kind of point were they trying t get across by making the MC a punching bag?
>>
>>15462774
The one that understands that not every fist needs to be met with a fist.
>>
Tieria is cute.
>>
File: 1283356857662.png (234KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1283356857662.png
234KB, 480x640px
>>15463274
Well, duh.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.