[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Big O super robot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Big_O_-_Armor.jpg (128KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
Big_O_-_Armor.jpg
128KB, 635x478px
Is Big O super robot?
>>
>>15431128
Big O is far more than a super robot.
He is THE super robot.
>>
CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD
>>
He's basically a kaiju that happens to be a robot. Painfully slow, huge windups, but nothing vehicle sized is putting a dent in him, and whatever he hits is getting dunked on.
>>
>>15431128
what the fuck is super robot
>>
>Tied to logistics (ammo, repair)
>previously mass produced
He's as super robot as Turn A would be.
>>
>>15431353
One Year War in Big O's timeline would have been some nasty shit
>>
>>15431128
I swear I remember someone describing Big O as "a real robot in a super robot show".

As in, all of its mechanisms and powers are possible/explained/shown mechanically (for example the pistons, anchors, final mode) but that doesn't apply for anything else except the other Bigs - all the shit they fight are crazy ass kaiju shit.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>15431128
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded.
>>
>>15431149
YE NOT GUILTY
>>
File: 1334277876124.png (579KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
1334277876124.png
579KB, 1000x805px
>>15431727
>>
>>15431727
WE ARE HERE TO DIG BIG OOOOUUU
>>
>>15431353
>Tied to logistics (ammo, repair)
So Mazinger and Getter are real robots too?
I get that the point of Turn A is for it to be from so far in the future that all the technology might as well be magic to us but i think the super/real robot distinction is more thematic than rules set in stone
>>
Why was Schwarzwald so based?
>One of the coolest mecha in the show
>Only true Dominus besides Rodger
>Gave awesome speeches with really cool theme music
>Was one of the best fighters
>Had so much force of will that he managed to beat death and come back as a ghost
>>
>>15431148
That's a funny way of spelling Mazinger.
>>
>>15431128
You could make a good argument for either super or real. It's big and clunky, requires regular maintenance, has a relatively grounded arsenal of weapons, but it seems to have some form of sentience and there's something a bit more to it than just being a machine.
>>
>>15434283
No you couldn't
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.