[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denji Sentai Megaranger coming this august now just waiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: C9UUSGKXsAAb0BF.jpg (195KB, 735x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9UUSGKXsAAb0BF.jpg
195KB, 735x1200px
Denji Sentai Megaranger coming this august

now just waiting on Garo and Kamen Rider Amazons release announcement.

and if the Crunchyroll/Funimation rumors are to be believed, Funimation should be doing Ultraman.
>>
>>15431088
Returns must be diminishing if they're not announcing during a marathon like the last few sets.

Unfortunately, I think what's holding up Ultraman is that the character will show up in the Ready, Player One movie, but that's not until 2018. Tsubaraya might just be lining all their ducks in a row.
>>
>Funimation should be doing Ultraman
Eh, I'll take it, since they did do Tiga a long time ago, after all. Should probably have a better video/audio source if Chaiyo isn't involved.
>>
>>15431114
>I think what's holding up Ultraman is that the character will show up in the Ready, Player One movie, but that's not until 2018.
What's the correlation? I don't know anything about "Ready, player one" does it deal with Ultraman or some way?

>>15431126
I assume it would essentially just putting Crunchyroll subs on dvd
>>
>>15431135
Pretty sure vanilla Ultra was only put on Shout Factory's site online, so they may still use BCI Eclipse's old translation.
>>
>>15431114
This set had no wait time and has a shorter gap between release though.

Probably because it's one of the more popular seasons.
>>
>>15431088
Wow the only bad sentai gets a US release! Definitely not buying that one!
>>
>>15431216
Oh (you)!
>>
>>15431232
Not joking, it is the only sentai I loathe.
>>
>>15431135
>What's the correlation? I don't know anything about "Ready, player one" does it deal with Ultraman or some way?

The climax of the book features someone finding a beta capsule, turning into Ultraman and fighting showa mechagodzilla.
>>
>>15431272
isn't that the shitty book that reads like a list of references rather than a narrative
>>
>>15431322
Yeah, it's a real bad book that is inexplicably popular.
>>
Aren't Shout Factory releases just stolen and repackaged fansubs?
>>
>>15431088
I've given up hope on Amazons being brought over now that Season 2 has started.
>>
>>15431346
From what I've heard it's actually kind of worse. They divide up the work but then don't compare the translations, leading to names of attacks/mechs/etc being different from episode to episode.
>>
>>15431114
>Returns must be diminishing if they're not announcing during a marathon like the last few sets.
could be that they just decided to speed up the release schedule so they can get through to the modern seasons more quickly

>>15431521
>I've given up hope on Amazons being brought over now that Season 2 has started.
I figure that's actually the reason why Amazons hasn't been released on US Amazon Prime yet, they're waiting for Season 2 to finish so they can release it in a single batch
>>
File: UltramanDisc1ErrorScreenshot.jpg (239KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
UltramanDisc1ErrorScreenshot.jpg
239KB, 1366x728px
>>15431088
>Funimation should be doing Ultraman
I'm down for this. I bought the Mill Creek release of the Complete Series DVD and it's sadly got some glitchy bits. One scene in, I think, episode seven, freezes mid-roar as the monster appears and then, depending upon which player I'm using, either refuses to play the rest of the episode or shows a pixelated screen for two seconds then pic related before going back to exactly where Ultraman left off. I reported the error, which seems like it's just three or four seconds of erroneously added footage, to the publisher thinking they might be able to correct the matter by simply editing it out, but they've replied basically saying "Oh, yeah. That. It was there on the master copy, so there's nothing we can do. We'll send you a randomly selected title from our catalogue for free by way of apology."
>>
I really wish somebody would pick up Kamen Rider's rights in the US. So far, we're left with the $150 Hawaiian-exclusive release of V3 and Kamen Rider: The First. I want a proper copy of Kamen Rider W.
>>15431346
Having watched all of Shout!'s Zyuranger after watching fansubs and then comparing, it seemed different to me. I also read that Toei may've provided the sub scripts for that release.

>>15431525
The subs were consistent throughout to my knowledge.
>>
>>15431562

I think it differs by the season. Kakuranger's had well-documented cases of names changing whereas Ohranger's was blatantly the MFC release with a few changes.
>>
Is it true Shout Factory are the only ones to completely sub Ohranger?
>>
>>15431552
>shows a pixelated screen for two seconds then pic related
Ha what the hell.
>>
>>15431552
The saddest part is, the superior BCI Eclipse release (which Mill Creek cribbed the subs from) is out of print, but at least Funi is possibly stepping up.

Oh, and fun fact: both BCI Eclipse and Funimation used to be owned by Navarre, which disbanded the former in order to cut off losses in the recession.
>>
>>15431567
Ah. I'm about 2/3 into Dairanger now. I got all four Shout! sets for something like $18 apiece as a lot on Ebay. Wondering if I should get Carranger since it's due soon.
>>
>>15431642
Yeah, I'd heard the BCI versions were better, but being OOP put them out of my price range. That said, $7 for what I have isn't bad, I guess. I just hate that stupid glitch particularly and it really shouldn't be hard to fix if Mill Creek knows what they're doing and puts some effort in.
>>
>>15431673
Unfortunately, MC is the textbook definition of a company that releases things on the cheap, with low effort. They feel more like a bootleg company than anything.
>>
Was it proven that the ENTIRETY of Ohranger's subs were lifted from MFC or was it just a few parts? People that got Carranger early did note that their subs weren't lifted from HaroRanger.

I wonder if the reason we haven't heard about Amazons is that they're waiting for it to finish so they can release it for the "binge watching" crowd.
>>
>>15431088
>Amazons release announcement
Just forget about that, it wasn't even a definite announcement.
>>
>>15431216
No, they didnt announce akibaranger s2 yet.
I guess they want to release akibaranger s1 before doing that.
>>
>>15431673
I see the BCI sets in secondhand DVD stores all the time. Check there.
>>
>>15432297
Akibaranger was better than this, Hurricanger, Liveman, Gekiranger, Sun Vulcan, and Jetman.
>>
>>15431346
I think they only did that with Ohranger though now that they got away with it I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps happening.
>>
>>15431552
>or shows a pixelated screen for two seconds then pic related before going back

How in the hell is that even possible?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.