[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2000s Mecha Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: fafner.jpg (41KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
fafner.jpg
41KB, 225x315px
We've had a 70s/80s mecha thread that has been going on for a while now so why not make a thread talking about mecha anime made in 2000-2009.
>>
>>15430206
Sure. Threads like these always need something nobody ever talks about so enter

>Tytania

Not great but better than IBO no?
>>
>>15430231
first time hearing of this series, it seems more like a space opera than a mecha series I guess I might check it out someday.
>>
so I just finished Gravion and here are my thoughts of the series
>season one was mostly monster of the week at the beginning
>the last few episodes in the 1st season things really start to pick up
>season 2 starts off better and has some fun episodes
>things start to get crazy
also I the JAM Project music is awesome
>>
File: newtype_08_2004_01.jpg (1MB, 3040x2072px) Image search: [Google]
newtype_08_2004_01.jpg
1MB, 3040x2072px
>>15430206
Best 2000s mecha, hands down
>>
>>15430206
So another Gundam 00 thread?
>>
>>15430287
>>15430231
Oh god I remember this show airing.

It was 3 episodes of hype followed by a whole series of extreme QUALITY space hobo.

>>15430206
2000's is honestly a interesting time to look back on, it was home for a lot of new IP experimental budget 1 cour mecha series you probably never heard of.
>>
>>15430477
hopefully that doesn't happen
>>15430491
I agree I'd say that the 2000s is the 2nd best decade for mecha anime after the 80s.
>>
So how is Overman King Gainer as a mecha show?
>>
File: 1454457133235.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454457133235.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>
Speaking of 2000s mecha series, Idol Master: Xenoglossia has turned decade this year (as far as I remember, the first episode was shown in March). I suggest celebrating the aniversary by uploading rips of the official English DVDs. Firstly, anything is better than those creepy fansubs and secondly, I want to watch the DVD specials translated at last.
>>
>>15431030

Too rushed at the end, but really interesting world, fun to watch, good characters, good battles, looks good for it's time, etc. It really should have gotten a third cour.
>>
>>15431221
At least it got an expanded manga adaptation (granted, only half of it is scanlated in English).
>>
>>15431022
No way, it's either the 90s or 70s.
>>
>>15431066
I wish more mecha had this kind of control scheme, I don't care how little sense it makes.
>>
I've been watching Godannar!! and I am 5 episodes in, its quite boring.Does it get better in the 2nd season or should I drop it.
>>
>>15430459
That's a weird say of saying worse.
>>
>>15431066
Eureka 7 had great animation but I remember every fight coming down to "enemy launches itano circus, heroic character flies upwards to dodge and then comes back down" over and over.

Which is cool once or twice but gets dull when it's every single fight.
>>
>>15430313
>season one was mostly monster of the week at the beginning
You act like that's a bad thing.

As for OP's thread: Gravion, Godannar, Aquarion, King Gainer, Zegapain, Shin Mazinger, first Fafner, Gundam SEED and Destiny, Code Geass, Macross Zero, and New Getter Robo.
>>
>>15432413
say what you say about it but Mai Hime had the best OST and designs
>>
>>15432405
Getting better taste would be best desu
>>
>>15431022
I'd say it's better than the 80's.
They were quite stale and hell-bent on copying either Macross, Gundam or just shitting out generic super robot series.
The 00's were rife with balls to the wall experimentation.
>>
File: Seed_destiny01.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
Seed_destiny01.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
>>15430206
Ahem
>>
>>15432425
Wrong on both accounts
>>
Why exactly do we hate Gurren Lagann?
>>
>>15430459
I'm not sure I'd call it the best, but Mai-Hime was wonderful.
>>
>>15432455
I disagree, Tomino and Takeshita broke allot of ground past what Gundam and Macross did with many different series, not to mention innovative ovas like Megazone 23 and BBG. It was about as experimental as the 2000s, but the shows were allot better written and usually looked allot better.
>>
File: 029.jpg (139KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
029.jpg
139KB, 1280x738px
>>15432492
It's not that spectacular outside the high quality animation. It's story is weak and relies more on spectacle than a strong narrative. Thus for certain people it's popularity doesn't feel earned and that it's only praised because it's pretty. When you get individuals like the Fafner fans or the Zegapain fans who have more mediocre animation with more compelling narratives and characters but get shat on by people because they're not pretty it's upsetting and it gets worse for even older shows viewed as classics that casual pass off for being "too old" or "too ugly"

It's akin to someone saying IBO is better than Ideon just because it has nicer more modern animation.
>>
>>15432510
It really wasn't, it was cringy.
>>15432492
I like it a lot, but the western fanbase/Gainaxfags are insufferable and I'd rather never be associated with them.
>>
G-Reco, Shin Mazinger, Godannar, Tetsujin 28-Go, the list can go on...
>>
>>15432492
Also the association with stereotypical normalfags who have the mindset of
>I don't watch mecha anime, but...
And who can't tolerate people criticizing their sacred cows.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.