[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0079 post-garma death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: vlcsnap-2017-04-13-00h56m04s150.png (280KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-13-00h56m04s150.png
280KB, 640x480px
So, after watching IBO, I decided to watch UC gundam and started with 0079. I've currently got up to garma's death but it just seems so dry.

Every episode is Amuro constantly fighting char's forces, Does it get better from here onwards? I still plan on watching the whole thing but It'd be nice to know if there's a shift from
>fuggg we gotta fight char for the 7th time today
>ok amuro get in the gundam
>>
Char is about to leave around where you are so Amuro has to fight new opponents. MSG is incredibly character driven. Sayla is about to start getting development and Amuro is about to get a bunch. If you don't like the characters then you might as well stop watching.
>>
>>15428060
Char gets recalled after Garma's death because Kycelia saw right through his psycopathic ass and realized what happened. After that White Base goes up against a few other antagonists before Char weasels his way back for a while for crab battles.
>>
No, it gets way worse. There's literally an episode about looking for salt
>>
File: 1468226332386.png (332KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468226332386.png
332KB, 720x540px
>>15428100
>hating the salt episode
>>
>>15428060
I guess it's just not your show then
Garmas death is one of the best bits, so if you don't like that you might not like the rest.

Try 00
>>
>>15428060
Nah don't give up man. Jaburo and aqua battles are cool, bad ass fights in space, and there really is a good bit of character sequence too. It does get a little samey right around the time you mentioned, but it ends.
>>
>>15428060
Congratulations, you are up to the worst part.

Ramba Ral is the most boring, bottle of milk villain ever.
>>
File: 1484477257090-1.png (1MB, 1273x915px) Image search: [Google]
1484477257090-1.png
1MB, 1273x915px
Not sure what to say. I enjoyed 0079 all the way through and I thought Amuro fighting Char were the best bits because they had an intense rivalry. You must be an AU shiteater.
>>
>>15428060
>IBOfag complaining that a series actually has action
>>
File: K8e1Eo0.gif (904KB, 340x257px) Image search: [Google]
K8e1Eo0.gif
904KB, 340x257px
>>15428060

you shouldve watch the movie trilogy
>>
>>15428060
What >>15428197 said. The movie trilogy cuts out a lot of the filler and monster of the week stuff. Everything important is still there, so you only lose out on some stupid G-Fighter stuff. The animation quality is better too.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 230x110px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 230x110px
>>15428205
>The animation quality is better too.

a lot of scenes are re animated , more than half of movie 3 was newer animation , plus superior OST
>>
>>15428100
It really says a lot about a person if they hate the Salt episode.
>>
It's mostly the same thing over and over again.

Amuro has a small fight with bad guys. Bad guys retreat or some die. Amuro goes emo.
>>
>>15428205
>filler and monster of the week stuff.
How to spot a secondary.
>>
>>15428100
Yes, there's a whole line of one episode with introduction to some of the series most iconic characters that references needing salt. Thank God they only put 90% of that episode in the movies.
>>
dw, I felt the same way when I watched 0079 the first time

It really gets progressively better after Garma's death. And then when Char returns it kicks into overdrive and becomes a greatest of all time show.
>>
>>15428060
>So, after watching IBO, I decided to watch UC gundam and started with 0079. I've currently got up to garma's death but it just seems so dry.

The problem is that you give to much attention to /m/-whores that always say "watch in production order". Do not watch in production order, especially when it comes to UC Gundam shows. Want a good entry point into this timeline ? Then ditch the awful monster of week tv show and go directly to the movie trilogy. Forget about the fucking tv series just go for the 3 movies.
>>
>>15428169
fuck you Ramba Ral and Hamon were amazing
truly a couple's couple
>>
I just finished the series recently the series really seems to catch up around the later half in my opinion.
>>
>>15428652
wat.
/m/ do recommend to watch the 0079 trilogy movie and not the series. Whereas Zeta it was recommended to watch the series than the movie.
>>
>>15428652
Watch the original series. It's good.
>>
>>15428109
>>15428227
Why do we like the salt episode?
I seen up to episode 17 (not)
>>
>>15429858
watch both TV series and movies its worth it.
>>
>>15428205
>watch the movies
>then watch episodes that aren't in the movies

la-da-ding-da problem solved /m/
>>
Read the book.
>>
>only watching the movies
Lol, no.
Just watch the full series, don't settle for cut content and like, 2 frames of new animation.
>>
>>15428078
>Kycillia calls him out
You mean Dozle does. Dozle blames Char for Garma's death and even says as much; Kycillia realizes who Char is, figures out he probably had some responsibility, but really doesn't care. She doesn't hate her siblings, she just doesn't care for them. She's daddy's girl. Kycillia also makes the critical mistake of assuming that she can handle Char.

>>15428652
Agreed on the production order argument; while there's something to be said for seeing the evolution of the show, in-series order is completely viable. Not sure I'd recommend the movies over the series, however. They're not bad, but they're also not that great, and it really diminishes the characterization of Amuro and Char that help you understand them in Zeta and endear you into watching CCA.
>>
File: 1374398685801.jpg (50KB, 458x990px) Image search: [Google]
1374398685801.jpg
50KB, 458x990px
>>15429920
>read the book
Why. In every god damn way, the gundam books make things worse. Just when I thought they couldnt get worse than the original book series, frozen teardrop came along and took a shit on my rug and said hes not leaving.
>>
>>15428060
It picks up pace when Ral and M'quve show up. Keep at it, OP.
>>
>>15428652
>tv show
>awful
Shit taste confirmed. Anyways, watching the movie trilogy still supports the production order argument. It's capable of retelling the tv show in 3 movies.
>>
>>15428549
I only watched the movies and really enjoyed them. Should I go ahead and watch the show as well?
>>
>>15428652
They cut out allot of good stuff with the movies though. The 2nd movie in particular really cuts out vital events in the narrative, making it less coherent. The 3rd movie is better than the final arc though.
>>
>>15429932
>Kycillia also makes the critical mistake of assuming that she can handle Char

She also makes the critical mistake of wearing stupid fucking hats, which in turn makes Char wear a stupid fucking hat
>>
>>15429933
Read the Origin manga.
>>
I also started UC after IBO just recently.
Currently I am only watching it because I enjoy Char secretly being a dick to Garma.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.