[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BAKABT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 13

File: RIP BAKABT.png (208KB, 909x472px) Image search: [Google]
RIP BAKABT.png
208KB, 909x472px
BakaBT has gone private, hope you /m/en have all your old shows archived.
>>
>>15425950
I'm pretty sure this won't work anymore for active links, but it at least might help start the rebuilding process
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s19gbkryfl4exwf/Snapshot_of_BakaBT_magnet_links_as_of_August_3_2014.txt
>>
>>15425950
I was wondering when they were finally going to snap and do shit like that. At least the torrent I downloaded from them this month still works.
>>
I can always just stream shows desu
>>
What happened? Enlighten me.
>>
Didn't most people just switch to Nyaa anyway?
>>
>>15425959
Forgive me for being retarded, but how do I use these? Copying the link into the URL bar doesn't do anything.
>>
>>15426039
nyaa is mainly best for new releases, its stuff doesn't stay well-seeded forever and there is no maintenance or incentive to continue uploading. the main point is that it catalogues the latest releases. it's a more conventional torrent site.

bakabt was more about archiving older shows, hence the use of an account system to keep track of upload and download statistics for users, and the fact that shows and torrents had to go through an approval process before being listed on the site. also torrents are listed by show, not the other way around. e.g., you search for the show you want, when you arrive at the show's page you'll see that it will list different torrents for it going by quality, rated by an letter grade. you could choose to download the "A" quality which is usually 1080p remaster quality, B might be 720p DVD release, and C might be TV rips or something like that.
>>
>>15426060

You need a bit torrent app, which are easily found with google search.
>>
Good timing on my part, i hit them up a couple of days ago for somewhere around 30 old OVA's and movies i'd been meaning to get onto.

It's a shame but to be honest i mainly used the charred corpse of boxtorrents here as a shortcut to older material so i didnt have to dig out my IRC credentials.
>>
>>15425950
What happened anyway?
Their twitter says nothing. That's where people communicate these days, right?
>>
>>15425950
whats the problem? I just logged in as always
>>
>>15426070
That approval process was a good idea in principal but the way it was handled was one of my pet peeves with the site.

Years back somebody offered up a complete set of some shinsengumi tv drama. It was declined for not being associated with an anime. (despite all the shinsengumi based shows that existed even back then). Less than a month later they allowed 7 Samurai, i guess because Samurai 7 existed. Later they allowed other kurosawa films on the grounds they already had 7 Samurai.....

The other major flaw was they had preferences on rip group, i saw dozens of perfectly good offers made to the approval process that were declined because they wanted to wait until group x or y ripped the exact same files at the exact same specifications.
>>
>>15426085
Not everyone has an account. Plus there's no longer any way to register new accounts.
>>
>>15426011
Literally nothing, the site works the same as ever. You have always needed an account (for which you only need to use a junk email) to see download links as far as I know. Ratios have never been enforced, and they still ain't.

>>15426060
You paste a magnet link into a torrent client that supports them. I imagine all modern ones do. Check your client for the option to paste magnets.
>>
>>15426091
>Literally nothing
Actually, upon loading the page in a different browser so as to not be logged in I did notice a major problem. There's no signup link. This may be more than just a minor annoyance after all.
>>
>>15426091
Up until now the whole site was indexed by google. You could google bakabt Anime_Show and it would take you to the page with the links ,no account needed.
>>
I still have my account..but my ratio is pretty low. I can't even change my email on the main site. I did it on the forum though, but no email on my end.
>>
Why is that I cannot login?
anyone with the same problem?
>>
>>15426099
>https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bakabt+gundam&t=palemoon&ia=web
You can still do that.
>>
Guess I better use the tracker I still have and see if I download the bakabt torrents that are still sitting in my list.
>>
>>15426111
You can go to the page but all it will show is the login screen.
>>
>>15426107
I can log in just fine, and the torrents I have downloaded still list seeds and leechers. I don't see right now that any of them are actually uploading currently, but that's not unusual - most of my bandwidth has gone into EG's G Gundam release over the past few weeks (and I tend to seed older shows where leechers are rare).

I'm not sure what's going on, but it's not time to panic quite yet. Of course, if someone wants to jump the gun and give an FTP server, I'm sure I could find a TB or two of shows that deserve to be archived.
>>
>>15426114
Yep still works. Glad I grabbed a torrent recently so I have a working tracker for April.
>>
>make an account
>download only old shit and seed them
>nobody else downloads the old shit so my ratio is trash
>get b&
>>
Has anyone tried just asking them in their IRC?
>>
>>15426130
They have a news page.....it's still got their april fools "joke" as their top story
>>
>>15425950

I stopped using them ever since they got pissy at me for not seeding.
>>
>>15426091
I'm using uTorrent, and pasting the magnet in the "torrent from URL" or the search bar isn't working. Is it supposed to go somewhere else?
>>
>>15426134
Yes, I am aware of this. The news page is notoriously out of date and/or irrelevant, however. Remember that one time the only news post for six months was some sort of scammy crowdfunding advertisement? I don't think they treat it as their primary means of communication. The other probable candidates are IRC and the forums.
>>
File: FAQ.png (62KB, 744x778px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.png
62KB, 744x778px
>>15426142
>I'm using uTorrent
You are probably using a newer version than is whitelisted. You shouldn't use uTorrent anyway, it has a reputation for being malware.
>>
>>15426142
Don't you need a tracker too?
>>
>>15426127
>get b&
Yeah nah. I have never seeded a bakabt torrent, look at all the no bans I have.
>>
Fuck
>>
>Torrenting
Good job I get my shows off streaming sites then.
>>
>>15426219
Show some sympathy for those of us who don't have internet.
>>
>>15426221
No.
>>
>>15426153

shame really. I remember it used to be see highly recommended
>>
I downloaded 2,64 TB /m/ shows from mostly Bakabt with 0 ratio. I haven't a problem about /m/ but I begin worriying about still not yet downloaded /a/ and manga series
>>
>>15426011

Formerly public tracker sites all over are shutting down or going private due to recent scares about copyright busts. It's getting to be that the only public trackers out there are Russian virus farms like extratorrent.
>>
I can't even access it anymore since I forgot my password.

I didn't see any prior warning for it, they just did.

I know you guys don't stream, but kissanime was blocked in several countries due to dmca notices, and the weirdest part is that the countries listed are the least probable to send out dmca.
>>
>>15426356
So... now that you can't use a single public tracker and a single streaming site. Whatever will you do?
>>
>>15426127

That happened to me on a different site, but my ratio is shit and i havent even gotten a warning on bakabt
>>
>>15426364
I don't know about you guys, but if I were running a quasi-public grey zone torrent site and I suddenly wanted to make it more exclusive (maybe I'd received a bunch of DMCAs?), one of the next things I'd do after restricting logins and registrations would be to boot everyone with low ratios. It might be in your best interests to seed for a while.

(Of course, it may be spiraling down, in which case the best thing to do would be to grab as much as possible right now for archival purposes.)
>>
>>15426327
if they're /m/ /a/ shows then you can probably get onto a pirvate tracker easily.
>>
>>15426375
they already have 600 shows on their blacklist so I doubt it's about DMCAs
>>
>>15426397

Check the news, they actually have an explanation there now.
>>
>>15426401
>Additionally, please do not post/forward this information to social media and other sites until this matter is handled.
Really makes you think
>>
Well, good thing I had the sense to register an account. That means I'm apart of two private torrent sites now. Cool.
>>
>>15426418
>bakabt
>private
It's been public longer than it's been private. Legally it's still public
>>
>>15426421

Sure, but if they want to continue with this copyright castrophe they're apparently facing, I imagine they'll be taking steps towards becoming more private-like sooner or later. A login screen is just the beginning.
>>
Good thing I didn't log out.
>>
>>15426145
There's a post on their forums in the announcements section about it already
>>
File: 1465615148306.png (5KB, 365x241px) Image search: [Google]
1465615148306.png
5KB, 365x241px
End of an era, man.
>>
File: 1484587646967.png (542KB, 491x492px) Image search: [Google]
1484587646967.png
542KB, 491x492px
>>15425950
It seems that I have a login, and can download torrents from them, but my attempts at using the torrents don't work.

I figured it was because they didn't whitelist the latest qBittorrent release, but maybe that's not it?

I always maintained a good ratio, etc. I thought they provided a pretty decent site/service. Shitty
>>
>>15426582
I did also downgrade to the latest whitelisted version, and it still doesn't work
>>
>>15426582
>>15426588
They're obviously going through legal trouble right now so it wont work?
>>
>>15426590
Fair 'nuff. They didn't update their front page or anything. I don't follow that shit.
>>
>>15426276
Tixati is better and lighter than utorrent though
>>
"I can't be bothered to get an AB account", I said. "It's not like I'll ever need it", I said.
>>
>>15426060
I'm pretty sure it only works as a list at this point
>>
I'm assuming my account has been pruned for inactivity. Guess I'm stuck with just Nyaa for a while.
>>
>tfw when I have baka account already
>tfw they went ratioless so I don't have to worry about seeding at all

Public tracker fags on suicide watch.
>>
>>15426607
>>15426590

I was able to dl a show today, though I was still logged in and everything
>>
>>15426276
use rtorrent or deluge instead
>>
>>15426728
Well then I take it back.
>>
>don't know if I registered an account
>try all my various account detail combos
>give up
>sleep
>watch some votoms
>decide to dl it
>first result is bt
Fuck me
>>
>>15426219
>streaming
Disgusting desu
>>
I already downloaded so much obscure stuff from there I don't give a fuck. At least now I have an excuse to work on my backlog
>>
>>15426363
Probably kill myself.

But no really, there are other streaming sites out there but kissanime had the biggest variety. I can still access it if I use some extension, but I can't use the search feature.

Now that bakabt went private, I don't know, honestly I'll just buy the stuff I want even if it's across the pacific. I'll pay extra for shipping but you gotta invest in a hobby.
>>
>>15426991
If you cared about your hobby you would've never touched kissanime to begin with. You're just lazy and lazy people don't deserve good things.
>>
>>15426996
>You're just lazy and lazy people
You're talking to a guy who had 2 tb of mecha anime stored, but lost everything in a hd failure.

Furthermore, don't fucking accuse me of being a lazy fuck when I actually buy my shit with my hard earned money. This is more than what I can say for the people browsing /m/.

And I pay a good deal of shipping for those items.
>>
>>15426996
>you would've never touched kissanime to begin with.

Son, I've been browsing the internet since the mid 90s. I've seen the rise of music sharing with napster, the rise of torrents and streaming.

I was downloading anime shit back in 2003 on suprnova.org I know my hobby inside out, and let me tell you,

Streaming is the future and it will only get better. Even if you download a file and save it on your computer, it will still be illegal. If you love your hobby, you'll be willing to put down money on it, not just talk big because you found the magic of p2p.
>>
Eh, I stopped using BakaBT awhile back when I got all my shows downloaded. Still have an account, but I haven't downloaded anything from there in a while.

It's hard to seed most shows to keep my ratio up anyways since there's always like 20-40 seeders and like 3-4 leechers.
>>
>>15427029
>implying you're the oldest here
If you knew your hobby inside and out, you'd know that if those streaming sites went down you'd have no access to that content, just like your drive failure. Streaming is still illegal (and streams download chunks to your computer) so don't know what you're trying to say other than streaming leaves fewer tracks (pointless). You're really just admitting you want to specifically be a leech.

>>15427034
>It's hard to seed most shows to keep my ratio up anyways since there's always like 20-40 seeders and like 3-4 leechers.

Just leave it running all the time and don't delete torrents. You'll have a high ratio in no time.
>>
>>15425959
Probably won't work if they remain private, since you'll need an account and the torrent will need a passkey to identify you.

>>15426083
Their host is panicking about getting so many C&D's lately from some crawler flagging (and semi-false-flagging) tons of images and content on the BBT site. BBT is figuring out the future for them of whether they wanna continue as a pure private tracker, as well as whether they have to switch to a different host or not.
>>
I still have my BakaBT account logged in. Would it be a good idea to download those shows and maybe upload them to MEGA so that they can be easily accessible to people here?
>>
>>15427029
>Son
Ah, one of the legendary American "adults". Never thought I'd see one from so close.
>>
>>15427181
That would be great, if you could.
>>
>>15427181
Please anon. You're the hero we need.
>>
Can someone at least salvage old shows and OSTs?
Bakabt was one of rare places, where you sometime could get them.
>>
>>15427181
#saveoldanime
>>
>>15427181
That'd be a lot of uploading. You would be a god of /m/an.
>>
>>15427229
I hunt like fuck old OSTS and there used to be a music collection thread up but it has since died. Allow me to be your savior.
https://animeanthologyproject.blogspot.com/
http://hikarinoakariost.info/
http://www.ost-center.com/
These are the main sites for older rare as hell shit.
>>
>>15427029
Considering a torrent can be streamed either downloading one isn't illegal or your law is fucked up.

>>15427013
Well why would you store anime to begin with? jsut redownload it
>>
>>15427237
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>15427181
It really depends on the show, a lot of them can still be reliably gotten off of Nyaa, but some of the more obscure titles probably have fallen through the cracks.
>>
>>15427181
No. 15427181 here.

I will create a new thread for this in a bit.
>>
>>15427181
>>15427320
I'd wait if I were you to see how the situation unfolds first. You can upload them to mega but there's a DL limit to mega now (5GB per 5 hours). It'd be better to wait to see just how private the site is going first. It might still be possible to get free stuff like always.
>>
File: 1492019558053.png (345KB, 1388x890px) Image search: [Google]
1492019558053.png
345KB, 1388x890px
>>15427329
This is what the situation looks like right now.
>>
>>15427320
Probably a couple of people who could help so we can share the workload.
>>
>>15427343
Sounds like a good idea, but >>15427329 has a point.

I'll just wait for a bit and see how it unfolds...unless there's somebody here on /m/ who desperately wants to download something from BakaBT right now
>>
>>15427357
Speaking of, I made a Super Robot Wars torrent ages ago. Finding some of the games was a real chore, so I decided to make one that was as complete as possible. Imported three of the PS2 games I couldn't find ISOs for. This was sometime pre-OGs. Kind of curious if it's still around in some dark corner of the web.
>>
>>15427243
They're both illegal so I don't feel some sense of superiority for torrenting over streaming.

That's just some retarded meme from /a/.

>Well why would you store anime to begin with? just redownload it
Because I like collecting stuff, but like I said, if there's a show I really like, I'm willing to pay for it.
>>
>>15427411
>streaming is illegal
Retarded country you live in man.
>>
>>15427181
You can also just download the .torrent files monthly and upload them to mega so users can download them for themselves through BakaBT. It worked for me, after BakaBT went private yesterday, I downloaded Lord of Lords Ryu Knight and it still does work for the files I saved beforehand.
>>
>>15427413
>Retarded country you live in man.
No.

My country has very lax copyright laws. I'm only talking about the technicalities.

My point is that some people feel superior because they torrent over stream, and that's just retarded.

Put your money where your mouth is, is what I'm saying if you want to show you actually give a shit.
>>
>>15427416
That sounds like a good idea, actually...

I know I said I'd wait but I think I'll just go and create the thread right now
>>
>>15427422
>watch video on youtube
>gets hit by copyright strike
>you watching that video is illegal
How can you not call that retarded?
>>
>>15427435
>giving out torrent files with your passkey to random people on internet
Yeah, good idea. If you want your ratio to be like 0,0001.
>>
>>15427416
Just remember that the passkey is embedded in the file, so you'll fuck over your ratio if others downloading it don't seed as well.
>>
>>15427450
I forgot ratios were a thing on BakaBT...my bad.

I guess I'll just download the video files myself and upload them onto MEGA
>>
You kids are fucking disgusting. Half of you don't know what a torrent is and the other half doesn't seed. Can't wait till public trackers are gone and only the private sites will be around that none of you scrubs will ever get into.
>>
>>15427496
Not my fault upload speed is 1/10 of download speed.
>>
>>15427329
>You can upload them to mega but there's a DL limit to mega now (5GB per 5 hours)
There's ways around that limit.
>>
>>15427589
I'm not giving up my IP to botnets and other illegal activities.
>>
>>15427509
It is if you delete torrents
>>
>>15427509
Not a valid excuse.
>>
>>15427496
once a leech, always a leech :^)
>>
>>15427448
Watching copyrighted videos on YouTube I actually illegal in Japan.
>>
>>15427034
I stopped seeding when I moved to a new house, something about the ports or something prevents me from uploading and I'm too lazy to fix it. Still at a decent ratio for the time being though
>>
>>15427767
Based Japan! I want to live there now! They make all my cartoons and games.
>>
File: 1491171079852.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491171079852.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Whelp. Time to actually seed and create torrents on nyaa, boys. Or, at least MEGA what you can.
>>
>>15425950
Eh, i torrented all the shows I plan on watching
>>
>>15425950
I wonder if they're going to remove their limitations. Aside from the fact I have a much higher ratio there it would be entirely pointless for me to keep using it over animebytes if they still restrict a bunch of shows and don't have as many encode options up.
>>
>BakaBT going private when Animebytes already exists and BTFOs it
>>
>>15426127
>what are bonus points and freeleech

Hardly anyone seeds off of me yet I still have like 1000GB uploaded and probably only actually uploaded less than 100 of it.
>>
>>15427930
When did AB last let you sign up for accounts though, haven't seen signups there for years. Wishing I hadn't let my old account lapse.
>>
>>15426364
Because Baka have never done anything about ratios. They're only there to guilt-shame you. They have never been enforced.
>>
>>15426401
>There will be a system set in its place, either invite or applications or something similar a bit down the line.
Oh what the fuck is this elitist shit? If they don't enable normal signups they're dead. 'Applications' for an account to download Japanese cartoons, fuck off.
>>
>>15428106
They will start now if they are private.
>>
>>15427906
I get too many DMCAs on Nyaa anymore, so rip
>>
>>15427496
Not everyone can seed. I used to seed all the time but I'm living in University housing right now and am on the school network. They block torrent traffic. I don't have a VPN so I can only ever torrent when I go home for a week(end). I leave my laptop seeding the whole time but for a little downloaded show there might not be anyone else downloading it.
>>
>>15428361
Seedbox.
>>
>>15426521
screenshot or copypaste for those that don't have accounts?
>>
>>15428122
Normal signups means retards like you and copyright trolls get in.
>>
>>15428380
My friend actually has a seed box that I use but he also has a habit of taking computers apart and selling the parts on craigslist whenever he needs a bit of cash. He usually ends up with more parts than when he started but he always procrastinates on putting everything back together so it's not something that I can use consistently.
>>
>Try download all Votoms stuff on Nyaa
>3 seeders
Fucked my backlog with Platabor and others /m/ show.
>>
>>15425950
Are you planning on getting all of the /m/ shows that nyaa doesn't have?
>>
So does this mean it's safe to download licensed stuff on there now? I have a bunch of ratio compared to on the other anime private tracker.
>>
>>15429174
Safe? Fuck no, I bet they still won't touch shows that have been licensed by specific companies.
>>
>>15427357
I want a 320k MP3 rip of the Zettai Muteki Raijin Oh music collection. Anyone?
>>
>>15429991
BakaBT down for anyone else right now?
>>
>>15430875
Yes. The post on their forums said that if they suddenly went down it would likely mean they were going to need to relocate their server.
>>
>>15430901
Hopefully they revert back to public while they're at it
>>
>>15430924
I'm sure for everyone involved, that would be the easiest course of action if feasible
>>
>>15430875
https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/852612332324880384

They'll be down for some time.
>>
Are there any IRC bots with old /m/ anime?
>>
>>15431058
'Some time' sounds sinister. You know, like 'forever'.
>>
>>15431321
Just assume it'll be back on Monday :D
>>
Anyone with a logged in account not able to connect to the tracker anymore? I can get into the site just fine but the tracker ain't behaving so torrents won't go. Is it just me?

>>15428387
hurr muh secret club stay out normie
>>
>>15431769
Eh, nevermind. Now I see the site is down too, the tracker probably just went down first. I'll just wait it out.
>>
>>15431769
>>15431785
Tracker went down a while after the site did for me. But yeah, I won't expect it to be back til Monday at the earliest.
>>
Thw twitter update says 2-3 days.

What's going to be interesting about this is seeing how much gets re-seeded. Up to this point, all their torrents had seeds. Will the community return in force when the new tracker is up?
>>
how long till nyaa goes private?
>>
I don't even know how to torrent anyway because /g/ /v/ & /a/ are all too elitist to explain anything. I just dropped downloading stuff when Megaupload went down. Like, fucking excuse me for being old y'kno?
>>
>>15426996
Get the fuck back to /a/ you stupid twat
It is literally no different than watching Netflix.
>>
>>15432763
>/g/
Dude, they have a damn general with links on that shit. How much more help do you need? Also, being old is no reason for not knowing how to google. There's like a shit ton of guides out there on how to torrent. You can't just blame elitism when you refuse to try and help yourself. Torrenting isn't even some obscure shit.
>>
>>15432763
Just look it up on youtube.
>>
>>15432763
Or you can just use google.
>>
File: 1471112715017.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471112715017.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>download all the shit I needed over the course of 2 years
>get to external drive because PC limitations
>burglar break in, takes everything
>forget to pick stuff again, always think of doing it later
>this happens
>>
>try to login to check if my old account is still there
>offline
>offline
>offline
>try the forum

Great. Anyone else getting this problem?
>>
>>15433457 -> >>15431058
>>
>>15433457
Yep. I have an account that's working and I seed a lot, the trackers appear to still be up though.
>>
>>15433457
BakaBT @BakaBT 5 hours ago

We're currently down, there will be a bit of work for us, expect a prolonged downtime. Most likely 2 or 3 days, hopefully not longer.
>>
>>15433543
>>15433548
>>15433554
Right, thanks guys. With everyone commenting on their own accounts being accessible, I thought it was only a problem for me.
>>
>>15431769
It's not a secret club its to keep out leeches and copyright faggots. There are plenty of normies on private trackers because they can actually understand and follow the rules.
>>
>>15432767
>watching netflix

which is also for lazy people
>>
>>15426127
That usually why I just don't bother logging in. Well that, and my e-mail for the account died a long-ass time ago. Even if I could, the ratio's in the negative.

Which makes me ask- was it really that hard to let the unlogged in users use the full search functions? Because I would have killed for that instead of just scouring through pages in vain hopes finding what I wanted.
>>
I should have made an AB account when I still could.

Bakabt has been shit for a while, luckily still have an account.

Also my upload speed is a lot better now than it used to be.
>>
>>15433602
I am guessing most people without accounts just found the title they were looking for with google.
>>
>>15433756
that's what I always did
>>
>tfw shit upload speed that gets max 50 kb/s once in a blue moon
/m/sharethreads when
>>
>tfw never torrented and scared to try
>>
>>15433756
Depends, like if it's really obscure and there's literally no other uploads elsewhere. Which has happened before in my case.
>>
>>15434218
I was addressing the ability to find a show on BakaBT without BakaBT's search functionality by using google to find the link, rather than a show's availability without BakaBT's tracker being open.
>>
>>15426345
Fucking idiots hosting in the US.

You have bots hunting for copyright and automatic DMCA takedowns are filed in seconds. You can kiss your server goodbye. Safe harbour.

Nyaa was hosted in Netherlands for a while. Leaseweb for the win.

In any case DO NOT HOST IN US TERRITORY.
>>
>>15427029
I'd get a Funimation account sadly those fuckers are US only. Fuck it anime isn't worth a VPN and a Funi subscription.
>>
>>15427422
I would buy if it wasn't lower quality
>>
>>15434269
Ah.

Then I wouldn't know, as I never tried it (yeah yeah, harp on me all you want).
>>
>>15434312
From their blog post their host didn't care up until the point where they started getting flooded in paperwork from copyright trolls who were trying to claim everything from images to text descriptions
>>
>>15427181
Put on Mega or Nyaa
>>
File: Untitleddfd.png (51KB, 1913x967px) Image search: [Google]
Untitleddfd.png
51KB, 1913x967px
Haven't been able to access it all day anyway, keep getting the CloudFlare notice.

I hope my profile didn't get pruned. I was able to use it yesterday.
>>
Shit, I dln't remember my username, lassword and emaio. Pretty sure I have a godly ratio since I've been seeding years nonstop.
>>
>>15427930
I use both because there have been times where something I was looking for on one ended up being only on the other. Usually it's something not on baka that ends up being on AB but there have been extremely rare times where AB didn't have something that turned up on baka.
>>
>>15432763
>install torrent client
>go to website with torrents
>click the magnet link
>have your browser open it with your torrent client
>specify where you want the download to go with your torrent client
>click add/download/whatever your preferred client uses

There you go m8y now experience a whole new world of opportunity and black holes that suck up hard drive space.
>>
>>15433443
You think the burglar checked out what was on the external drive and eventually started posting on /m/?
>>
File: 1447130262968.jpg (114KB, 960x740px) Image search: [Google]
1447130262968.jpg
114KB, 960x740px
>never got bakabt account
>never got into AB or any private trackers
so either try the autistic private tracker ladder climb, or snag an account during the 15 minutes out of every decade open registration is up?
I'd be a good boy and seed and never invite shitters and everything but I don't think I have the energy to get in
>>
>>15439133
If AB ever opens up in the future don't get discouraged by the application. They'll accept you no matter what your taste is it's mainly just a tool to gauge how lazy of a user you'd be because the logic is if you're too lazy to just say "I like anime and here are my favorites" then you're probably too lazy to bother keeping an ok ratio.
>>
>>15439133
If AB ever opens its doors again it will like be Redacted (PTH) power user class.
>>
>>15434312
They were hosted well outside the U.S., according to the forums.
>>
>>15434312
>In any case DO NOT HOST IN US TERRITORY.

Do you not remember what happened to megaupload? We don't give a fuck if it's not in US territory we'll abuse our power and take you down anyway if we can.
>>
>>15439220
The difference is that the US really only goes after people that pirate US media. The companies with sort of sway to cause the US to crackdown on an overseas site don't give a shit about anime piracy since it doesn't really impact them.
>>
>>15439152
I mean of course I'll go for it, I'm just afraid I'll miss it again
>>
>>15439133
>>15439152
Honestly, they don't care about your taste. Their main purpose is just to check that
1. you actually do watch anime and isn't just one of those people hoarding trackers
2. you know how torrenting works
As long as you don't type like a retard, they don't care. AB really isn't that autistic. It's mainly because of the now defunct WCD that lots of people think private trackers as being this elitist super secret autist hang out.

>>15439133
There's also scavenging around chinese/korean/russian sites.
>>
TORRENT CULTURE IS DEAD
Everyone just uses Codi or other streaming services now, no one but a small selection of people download or even uses torrents anymore. Streaming media has surpassed torrenting. Its a sad reality but torrents are just going away like the DoDo bird.
>>
>>15440377
Bullshit. There's so much stuff out there that you can only find with torrents.
>>
>>15440377
Not really. Public trackers for your typical hollywood films and tv shows are still pretty damn popular. The whole fight against Piratebay and Yify being taken down hasn't done much in curtailing it. Other sites and encoders sprang up and pretty much took the spot. Practically nothing has changed.

You're also being myopic in considering only things in your own country when you claim that that everyone just use streaming services. Torrenting is far from dead and is still alive and well.
>>
>>15440377
>streaming babby thinks torrents are dying
>>
>>15440377
I kinda agree I
With this.... There usta be people selling dvds in front of the liqure store. Now they are selling kodi sticks already to plug in and go. For a hundred
>>
>>15440441
I'd like to kindly remind everyone to consider were illegal streaming sites get their media from.

Good old kissanime (Allah be with them) used bakaBT.
>>
>>15440366
>There's also scavenging around chinese/korean/russian sites.
that can only end well
>>
>>15439133
Did they save that doggo?
>>
>>15442189
https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/2sa7d0/dog_in_the_middle_of_waterfall_bosnia/
He jumped and got to shore supposedly. Of course the statement also says, they HOPE it will survive. All this happened in 2015, though.

Honestly, I would bribe someone for an AB invite at this point.
>>
>>15426127
fuck what the other people are saying
I got banned so fucking quickly for having a shit ratio when I was still seeding
I might just be an unlucky motherfucker though
>>
File: 1483572846521.png (207KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
1483572846521.png
207KB, 600x393px
If people here want AB invites, why don't you ask? I've got 4 available.
>>
>>15443306
are you harvesting emails or just taunting beggars?
>>
>>15442189
Nope. It died.
>>
i'm pretty sure it's gone for good now
>>
>>15444056
I'd give it a day or so, public holiday in a lot of places today.
>>
https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/854061578622205953

A new update, they give a best case scenario of they'll be up in another 2 days if everything works out. So once again, they'll still be down for some time.
>>
>>15440428
>>15440441
>>15440418
>all these delusional fags

Torrenting is dead, no one torrents as much anymore, only a niche population. Straming media is the way to go, illegally or legally, plain and simple. Time to let go granpa you're outdated
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.