[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did IBO break /m/? Because it sure seems like did. All remaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

File: m's bane.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m's bane.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
Did IBO break /m/? Because it sure seems like did. All remaining intelligent thought seems to have left it since the series aired.
>>
You must have missed out on the Cross Ange / G-Reco brain drain that preceded it, along with the ongoing /pol/ secret war.
>>
File: KVSuperDeform.jpg (169KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
KVSuperDeform.jpg
169KB, 600x571px
Every so often i stop to chat about it when someone is willing. Don't let the lack of activity or discussion about it leave you unenthusiastic.
>>
>>15424898
Probably an influx of newfags and shitposters from /a/.
>>
>>15424898
>Intelligent thought
>4chan

nice meme
>>
I often see people in comment sections claiming this show is super intelligent.
Ironically, it seems to treat the audience like a bunch of dumbasses by explaining the same shit over and over. (I can't speak for the second season, apparently the change was quite drastic, but still)
What's up with that?
>>
>>15425025
IBO's audience is in fact comprised of dumbasses.
>>
>>15425025
A lot of people who've come out in support of the show have done so because of the second season. There's a lot to like there if you're in a mood where you'll respond positively to the tale of hubris going on, and if you're willing to treat the show charitably enough that you're willing to connect the dots and forgive a few flubs.

/m/ is almost never in that sort of mood unless a show is absolutely god tier, so instead a lot of people assumed the worst about everything.
>>
File: Bael.jpg (1MB, 1260x2331px) Image search: [Google]
Bael.jpg
1MB, 1260x2331px
>>15425025

I don't think it's intelligent at all. I think the first season was poorly paced, lazy and it's great music and stand-out moments can't save it from being remembered as anything else.

As for the second season, i think it'll probably be remembered as an improvement in a lot of ways and will more than likely stand as testament to Nagai being quite brave and doing whatever the fuck he wants with the characters given how things turned out in the end. But even then it still has a variety of problems we still came to accept or didn't and raged about them.

Will probably be unanimous that everyone will at least remember the mecha designs fondly as yet another predominantly Ippei Gyoubu series.
>>
>>15424898
>Did IBO break /m/? Because it sure seems like did. All remaining intelligent thought seems to have left it since the series aired.

Don't participate in IBO threads. The same kind of fucking thread you started, and same kind of thread I'm stupidly responding to.

Let IBO die once and for all. No one gives a shit anymore, there are greener mecha pastures out there without the need to go all ga-ga-ga over psycopath midget man and his waifu, butthurt man, and girl monkey.
>>
>>15425058
did obari actually animate anything or did he just draw stills?
>>
>>15425025
>apparently the change was quite drastic,
The entire epilogue was an exposition dump
>>
>>15424898
The board isn't even that bad right now. IBO threads are shit and the series has obviously brought in new people from /a/ and other websites who push back against people calling it bad.
>>
>>15425091
People say that about every new Gundam that comes out and it never happens.

Face it, buddy, IBO is here to stay.
>>
>>15425106
he animated stuff in the first episode and the last episode
>>
Destiny was better than this in every way.
>>
>>15424898
Valvrave broke /m/, AZ and G-Reco did a further divide, Aquarion Logos almost fixed it but ConRevo fans had to go full "muh intullectualism". IBO was so deplorable Destiny fans have had enough of /m/'s shit for 12 years and are now going for maximum all out assault like the Tea Party.
>>
File: 1488244713612.jpg (104KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488244713612.jpg
104KB, 400x300px
>>15424898
Aldnoah and G-Reco tag teamed /m/ because each had their dedicated shitposters throwing the people who watched either against each other to the point that the hatred began to flow of its own accord

But the actual answer is Gamergate/Fappening, it brought all the wrong kind of people to 4chan because /v/ simply cannot let something be, so now we reap the consequences of the fuck ups of another board
>>
Shit posting was far worse during the Basquash! vs Shin Mazinger wars, before Bug Rider was forced into a containment thread.

The biggest drain on the board is the lack of outstanding/enjoyable mecha shows that aren't riddled with problems.
>>
>>15425605
Build Fighters was probably the last time /m/ had fun with a show.
>>
File: 1461467839824.png (718KB, 979x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461467839824.png
718KB, 979x720px
>tfw missed out on /m/'s 00 meltdowns
>tfw ignored /m/ for the VVV meltdowns
>tfw /m/'s Greco/Cross Ange meltdowns werent even that bad

Is this what /m/ was like for 00? Because the majority of this place didn't seem to care for IBO after like 6 episodes (rightfully so, that shit was meh). Now suddenly there's an explosion of threads.

And not like the explosion of Greco threads that was mostly anons baiting.
>>
>>15425617
>what is Aquarion Logos
>>15425653
Cross Ange never had meltdowns, only gagfags
>>
>>15425617
>Build Fighters was probably the last time /m/ had fun with a show.

Build Fighters was funny. No existential angsty stupid characters to worry about, no political bullshit to worry about. No nothing, except genuine playfullness and injokes about the Gundam franchise. If /m/ had turned against Build Fighters you'd know that /m/ was truly and finally dead.

It's not our fault the nips are obsessed with muh angsty characters and bullshit politics in mecha series. They're the ones taking the fun out of Gundam and a host of other mecha series. Because the stupid otakus want a realistic mecha series (along with stupid western mecha fandom). Well you fucktards, you got IBO. Stick it up your collective ass and get the fuck out of /m/. Go back to /a/ or whatever cesspool you came out of.
>>
>>15425572
>IBO was so deplorable Destiny fans have had enough of /m/'s shit for 12 years and are now going for maximum all out assault like the Tea Party.
I'm glad this is happening, Destiny was likable and there are many worse entries in the gundam franchise.
>>
>>15424898
>Did IBO break /m/?
If not for that autistic spammer in the second season IBO was probably the least discussed Gundam anime on /m/. It didn't break anybody because most people dropped it half way through the first season
>>
>>15425758
>it's just one person /m/!
Typical scapegoating and delusional paranoia.
>>
>>15425741
If you thought Destiny was likable then you clearly have brain problems.
>>
>>15425783
Typical response from a fake gundam fan.
>>
>>15425791
A lot of Gundam fans don't like SEED and SEED Destiny. That's the thing about a franchise that's almost 40 years old, there are series, OVAs, etc. that are some people within the general fan base aren't going to like.
>>
>>15425941
*that some people

I should go to bed
>>
>>15425605
>The biggest drain on the board is the lack of outstanding/enjoyable mecha shows that aren't riddled with problems
But plenty of those exist
>>
File: C8uyV1OVoAEVaCi.jpg (179KB, 807x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8uyV1OVoAEVaCi.jpg
179KB, 807x1200px
>>15425025
They probably just mean the set of values it promotes. Harmony https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wa_(Japanese_culture) , "be tolerant of people of all shades". Usually Gundam is more about exterminating the space nazis and be done with it. But in IBO there is a clear implication that the world, regardless of whether or not you want to change it, will change on its own to accomodate the people who live within it, and there's no forcing or resisting that process. Rustal won not just because he was a crafty old man, but also because his values are closest to the values the world is ruled by. Choco and Tekkadan both lost and died because they had the wrong idea, they both thought the stronger one got to force their values on the world. Which is true in many mecha and anime settings, so honestly IBO is rather refreshing and mature in that regard. Too bad the execution wasn't top notch.
>>
>>15425025
>much orphans on pursuit of their happiness in a grimdark world

Made. Them. Think.
>>
>>15425991
I just finished season 1 and I'd mostly describe it so far as average at best but by the end I really came to enjoy the fact that Tekkadan are a set of terrible no good people. Especially how much they all spiral down after their moral compass Biscuit dies.
>>
>>15426021
I remember back when S1 ended I was sperging because I hoped Tekkadan would get what was coming to them for acting like retards and instead I got a feel good pyrrhic victory.
If you enjoyed Tekkadan spiraling down the drain, then you're in for a treat in S2.
>>
>>15424898
Man, I actually liked the show when it aired.

S1, despite its flaws, at least went somewhere (aka: get Kudelia to Earth and protect her from Gjallarnhorn on the way).

S2 started out promising, but after Hamshal it went down horribly. Especially, overall for S2, after dropping the stuff with the tactics that was in S1. I liked it when Tekkadan went full pragmatic soldier on Gjallarnhorn's honorable knight.
>>
>>15425058
>will more than likely stand as testament to Nagai being quite brave and doing whatever the fuck he wants
No it fucking won't, the show is all build up with shitty pay off and muh Bael is the perfect example of that.

A best you can say the show suggests it may do something interesting, they may have this big revolution, Gali might eventually do something, julieta may get some kind or character and maybe they can make Mika slightly relevant to the plot instead of wheeling the cripple in to go hi. But they either don't or it plays out in the most trite way possible.

Nagai wasn't some brave guy trying some new things, he couldn't even pull off a kill them all ending and instead had to introduce a horrible thematic whiplash in an epilogue. The people who go on about it like something special haven't watched any other mech stuff outside of whatever normie shit is popular.
>>
>>15424898
The last 12 episodes lacked any real intelligence, consistency, and realism to make way for a gallahorn victory because director-chan is edgy as fuck.

of corse Intelligence would die out. whats the point of trying if IBO wont?
>>
>>15426152
i agree completely. While the hashmael fight was cool, Nagai went overboard in shitty-ness and trying to kill Tekkadan for their "sins" despite Gallahorn being the true villians.

When the show ended, i just joined the whole "IBO is shit" train. Now that Nagai reveals his shittyness, and Okada and others reveal they wanted better endings, i just write IBO as a 7.5/10 series with a shit ending and i just pretend the last 12 episodes isnt canon since its so deranged.

I want a remake of IBO with Better animation and a different ending where Tekkadan survives and Rustal is exposed for his war crimes. Also more Mobile armors and Gundams.
>>
>>15426308
>i just pretend the last 12 episodes isnt canon since its so deranged.
The other episodes only work cause they seem like they are build up to something. What got people excited was while this weeks episode was build up something really cool is gonna happen guys, then disappointment but no next time it will be cool.

Now you know it ends shit the show no longer works, it is exposition for shit you don't like.
>>
>>15425767
>make a thread in general to discuss
>some autist spams bait images about shitposting
>rolling general every time with a mika image
Yes, one guy.
>>
>>15425653
/m/ didn't have a meltdown on 00 though, everyone thought it was pretty fucking good when it aired, even with the flaws of the second season people still liked it, hell whenever you talk about 00 the people who were on the board around that time remember it pretty fondly
>>
>>15426325
Post proof not from your ass
>>
>>15424898
Why are IBO apologists such sub-humans like the OP?
>>
>>15425058
>Nagai
>brave
>guy who literally spent most of the season tweeting he just wants to kill off characters with an edgelord like one liners for his "reasoning"

>>15425653
>00 meltdown
>/m/
Never happened. Didn't happen on /a/ either.
>>
File: 1.jpg (62KB, 703x409px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62KB, 703x409px
>>15425058
>predominantly Gyoubu
I'm pretty certain Ebikawa has made more contributions to the design slate than Gyoubu, so "huh?", and even then neither of them designed the Barbs or the Bael, in your picture.
>>
>>15426703
Ebikawa only designed the cockpit of the Bael.
>>
>>15426708
>only
Haha.
I don't know know if it's not true he designed its cockpit, so I can't refute.
>>
>>15426308
>>15426324
Well I did expect Tekkadan to get into trouble at the end along with Choco Macky, but honestly didn't like it that they were painted as criminals at the end.

And yeah, I'd have liked it if they did something with the Mobile Armors. I did think at first that Bael was a seal that prevented Mobile Armors to come back to activity.

Seriously, IBO, at the very end, is a overall average show ruined by wasted potential and the 2nd half of S2 being utterly ruining. At least Ridde shot Nobliss Gordon. The fat old bastard had it coming.
>>
>>15424946
There's a /pol/ secret war?
>>
>>15426943
that's where he got he new black costume
>>
>>15426945
Black /pol/?
>>
Piss poor show with top gunpla material.
>>
>>15425991
>the world will change on its own
>world literally changed based off of a few people
really made me think...
>>
>>15426945
I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE.
>>
>>15425025
What the fuck was smart about IBO
>>
>>15427499
DAINSLEIFS ARE USEFUL AGAINST CQC, just like 40K is favoring armies that put emphasis on Dakka
>>
>>15425025
Cause the show is very effective at being surface level. It can sell an idea really well but that is all it does.

This is why when anyone makes some long post about it they refer to one scene, then just talk about the concept itself and what they could have (or at the time may) do with the subject. But in actuality it is nothing, it doesn't tie into other parts cause it is not a cohesive story but lots of ideas thrown in by people who have no idea what they are doing. Once it fails people then change their mind and go that being shit was the point, then bullshit a whole lot again.

Basically it is dumb people thinking they noticed something clever then acting like the show amounts to anything.
>>
>>15426325
he never made one for the final episode
>>
>>15424898
Things only started getting really retarded when autistkun started spamming mikazuki meme threads during the second half of s2.
>>
>>15427846
You can quit samefagging now.
>>
>>15427605

IBO really highlights how powerful jingoism can be. It's a show that focuses on working at an emotional level, getting the audience on the protagonists' side no matter what route they take. Every action seems justified, every adversary a real piece of shit, all the while Tekkadan are presented in a more positive manner. They are the underdogs in this, fighting against the odds so they can survive. The audience is expected to go along with this, like the morality was clear-cut instead of ambiguous. Hell, even when Tekkadan's undertakings don't work out or end up costing them, the narrative wants to portray them sympathetically. Even as the REAL victims of all this.

But in the end, Tekkadan are largely to blame for their own downfall. Even with the narrative doing it's best to prop them up, they lost to their own weaknesses and bad calls. It's the type of ending the show needed, even if (like most of IBO) the execution was off. Hell, even after the show ended Nagai went from saying it was a mafia show to being based on the Shinsengumi* to try to paint them in a more romantic light.

A lot of people call it bad writing. The show mislead them, plain and simple. We can spend all day pointing out to these people the darker nature of Tekkadan behind the namaka mindset, how politics are more complex than they are depicted in the show, positive qualities of Rustal, how the MA arc wasn't pointless, the list goes on. To me, it feels like a deliberate misdirection. Meanwhile, others are cheering Ride on, saying he's the only one who "gets it" by continuing on the path Tekkadan took.

* You mean the guys who fought against revolutionary forces at the end of Japan's feudal period attempting to restore power to the Emperor, and are remembered as both ruthless yet noble for their undying loyalty? When Tekkadan were taking part of a coup so they could be installed into power, and when things got tough tried to sell McGillis out.
>>
File: 1489886309998.jpg (121KB, 800x880px) Image search: [Google]
1489886309998.jpg
121KB, 800x880px
>>15424898
>Be Nagai
>Land sweet gig to do Gundam series; have to really get involved and lead from the front to show my skill
>Only catch is that it needs a decent amount of fujo pander, figure I'll write it myself to skimp as much as possible without dropping quality of the plot
>Tough loudmouth with heart of gold gets a step up from cannon fodder to named pilot so I can tie the romance as much as possible into existing screen time
>write in a tiny anti-social pretty boy mechanic to pine from a distance and dub in some thoughts from a VA for cheap
>Find two passionate young(inexpensive) VA's with good chemistry, sit in on their work and it's fantastic
>slowly change script to allow these two characters more time; purely out of professional respect for their work
>First season starts to end and the climactic showdown has to cost a few lives
>Handsome Jack over here was originally supposed to die here
>Feel hesitation start to set in; mind goes into overdrive about how heartbroken that would leave me- I mean, mechanic boy
>I-I guess it wouldn't change much if he lived anyway, plus we'll have some fujo money to fall back on if the finale does poorly based on killing Okada's purple haired husbando
>Start thinking that perhaps expanding the boylove plotline from implied to canon
>Realize I've been in denial, I have become the husbando fag
>weep with shame as I realize I have self-inserted as a short sixteen year old aryan boy and written the perfect husband for myself
>End the first season with a psychotic breakdown, stop showing up to staff meeting to begin the plot cycle for Season 2
>I'll just poison it with my obtrusive homolust
>E-mail them notes I make up on the spot; mostly bullshit about Mobile Armors and lots of cuts to just Isaribi floating through space to pad out our times
>Gather enough balls to kill off husbando in heroic sacrifice he would have wanted without giving him undo favoritism by succeeding
>Vicariously cock block myself through mechanic boy
>>
>>15424898

I have no idea why, because I really liked the final arc of the series. I thought it was amazing, and a rather unexpected conclusion.

My only real complaint is that the epilogue is far, far too happy. Arguably, things should've been far worse.

Like, I mean - this is what I've always wanted, a Gundam series that doesn't lean too hard on the AU 'Gundamisms' (Peace princesses, impossibly powerful robots, UNDERSTANDING, non-lethal KOs, heavy plot armor) that have gradually built up over the years. It's why I like Thunderbolt.
>>
File: M 2016.gif (291KB, 295x210px) Image search: [Google]
M 2016.gif
291KB, 295x210px
>>15425653
>>
File: 1379554734322.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1379554734322.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>15428019
>Comparing Thunderbolt to IBO
I know this is bait, but this made me legitimately mad.
>>
>>15427996
You win anon, you win.
>>
>>15426621
The thing about 00 is we managed to have fun with the stuff we didn't like about it. It was a really overall fun experience for /m/.

Code Geass R2 was the same way. Most people hated it but they had fun hating it. So many great things came from R2. And then the Adult Swim and Sci-Fi airings for those shows we got to have the fun all over again even if they were the dub.

Honestly I feel like we had fun with SEED Destiny too. 4chan is just a lot more bitter now.
>>
>>15424898
>All remaining intelligent thought seems to have left it since the series aired.

This implies that your post is unintelligent, which itself opens the possibility that you're entirely wrong.
>>
>>15427635
>>15425991
>But in IBO there is a clear implication that the world, regardless of whether or not you want to change it, will change on its own to accomodate the people who live within it, and there's no forcing or resisting that process.
>The characters who won did so by manipulating the media yo hide the facr that he was using WMDs

Why is that when people try to defend this show they always get slapped in the face? Its like Okada is calling them idiots for doing so

>>15426021
>that Tekkadan are a set of terrible no good people

Too bad the show does a poor ass job as portraying them as such and regardless of your misgivings of their actions everyone else is even worse.
>>
>>15426308
>I want a remake of IBO
Nobody wants an IBO remake, its neither popular or well-received enough to even have something of the sort. Move the fuck on and just hope that the next AU series is better.
>>
>>15427983
>This is why when anyone makes some long post about it they refer to one scene, then just talk about the concept itself and what they could have (or at the time may) do with the subject. But in actuality it is nothing, it doesn't tie into other parts cause it is not a cohesive story but lots of ideas thrown in by people who have no idea what they are doing. Once it fails people then change their mind and go that being shit was the point, then bullshit a whole lot again.

This anon>>15427605 must be psychic
>>
>>15428208
No you were just more impressionable back then. While 00 wasn't bad I don't see why people hold it on some pedestal considering its concepts and ideas were incredibly stupid. R2 is flat out terrible and without meme culture an the general stupidity of 4chan in general it would get shit on as much as Destiny. Guilty Crown is the same thing with some people as well.
>Honestly I feel like we had fun with SEED Destiny too.
No we did not. There was a macro image created of Lunamarie which said she was the only reason anyone was still watching
>>
>>15425656
>the 5 people who care about Aquarion still

>>15425958
Currently Airing

Everything has been a train wreck or completely mediocre lately.

Code Geass R3 and the new Mazinger might be interesting.
>>
>>15429176
>code geass
>interesting
>>
File: super interesting.png (379KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
super interesting.png
379KB, 600x833px
>>15429176
>Code Geass R3 might be interesting
Oh, it'll definitely be interesting.
>>
>>15427983
> The show mislead them
No, people could easily see exactly the way it was trying to pull things but it failed even on a basic level and everyone always called out where it went wrong and what it would try to do next. IBO is an incredibly obvious show and no amount of trying to turn it into something more will work.

>Every action seems justified, every adversary a real piece of shit, all the while Tekkadan are presented in a more positive manner.
Which no one responded to in that way. For both S1/2 people called for all their heads for being little shits. People consistently saw characters like Gali as the actual good guys and wanted him to win. They also found character like him much more interesting cause he added to the story and had a more tangible motive he cared about. The fact they had to make some villains so comically evil that they badly fit in the setting just to attempt to justify Tekkadan shows why it never worked. This isn't something smart, Nagai said he wanted them to be sympathetic but he failed. No grand point, bad storytelling.

>Tekkadan are largely to blame for their own downfall.
Cause of one bad choice, not the summation of all their actions coming back to bite them. In fact they make bad choices all the time yet breeze through the odds cause the plot wanted them to. Until it needed them to start dying a lot then team meat got the plot armour.

>It's the type of ending the show needed
Which it failed at, many survived and then we get a happy ending.

>Meanwhile, others are cheering Ride on, saying he's the only one who "gets it" by continuing on the path Tekkadan took.
People cheered cause despite all you said the show is really liked by idiots who just want to see the good guys shoot the bad guys, then make up why it is complex and great.

> Nagai went from saying it was a mafia show to being based on the Shinsengumi
In other words, make it up as you go along to make it sound like more. He must really be a fan of his work.
>>
>>15426303
>he last 12 episodes lacked any real intelligence, consistency, and realism
So just like the rest of the show?
>>
>>15429612
With fantastic plot.
>>
File: Gundam.jpg (44KB, 337x475px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
44KB, 337x475px
>>15424898
I decided to watch some old classic Gundam. Make a thread about Gundam 0080 and I might come out of lurk mode.
>>
>>15425653

what does elmer fudd with a faggot blue wig is doing out there
>>
>>15429176
>Code Geass R3 and the new Mazinger might be interesting.
>R3

Do you retards realize that the same writer behind VVV and Guilty Shit is writing that? Its not like Okouchi's writing got better after Code Geass which was already not particularly good.
>>
>>15430029
>implying current /m/ has any ground to stand on when critiquing anime writing

Besides if you actually paid attention to GC you'd notice that it wasn't Okouchi who fucked it so much as there were like 4 DIFFERENT WRITERS WRITING WHAT THEY WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT CAUSING THE SHOW TO SUFFER IDENTITY CRISIS EVERY SO OFTEN.

Should've been Okouchi and Haganeya tag teaming it up by themselves, overall show quality would at minimum improve by sheer consequence of fewer cooks capable of spoiling the proverbial broth, even if it means doubling down on the shitpost fueling melodrama.
>>
>>15430029
That's because he hasn't really had the chance to work on something less crazy. It's exactly what people are hiring him for. I don't think Okouchi is great at this either, but he has his moments. I would say Kabaneri was entirely watchable as a dumb zombie film.

Valvrave's biggest problem (other than vampire rape) was the main character, Haruto, which is actually not an issue in Code Geass to begin with. Guilty Crown was primarily written by Yoshino though and the problem there was how much Araki wanted Shu to be like himself (that's on the record).
>>
>>15430498
>Besides if you actually paid attention to GC you'd notice that it wasn't Okouchi who fucked it so much as there were like 4 DIFFERENT WRITERS WRITING WHAT THEY WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT CAUSING THE SHOW TO SUFFER IDENTITY CRISIS EVERY SO OFTEN.
What the hell are you talking about. He was the co-head writer alongside Yoshino, it was the same as R2 except their roles switched. Every anime has multiple writers on them this isn't fucking new but if the writing goes haywire its using always the fault of the retards in charge of the script.

>>15430607
>That's because he hasn't really had the chance to work on something less crazy. It's exactly what people are hiring him for.
CG wasn't exactly sane. The least crazy show he worked on was Planetes
>>
>>15426308
>I want as generic an ending as possible
>>
>>15424898
Nope
>>
>>15430943
But the ending was generic
>>
>>15433180
>series ends with protagonists losing pretty much everything in one fell swoop, actually paying for getting to in over their heads instead of winning against impossible odds for the tenth time
>generic
>>
>All the good characters die in the end, fuck you

Well, fuck you, too, Sunrise
>>
>>15435127
Not true. Gali and Juli survived and became an OTP and Rustal brought another 300 years of peace.
>>
>>15426308
I want a remake of Gundam F91.
>>
>>15434172
>series ends with protagonists losing pretty much everything in one fell swoop
Did you not watch the epilogue? They got what they did wanted in the end.
>>
>>15434172
>series ends with protagonists losing pretty much everything in one fell swoop
Tekkadan got everything they wanted in the end. They were always selfless and didn't give a shit about fame or glory just that everyone in the organization got better lives through their sacrifice.
>actually paying for getting to in over their heads instead of winning against impossible odds for the tenth time
Yep now all former remnants of their organization are living better lives in a better environment than they did in the beginning.

Even if you were right, or you're just a complete fucking newfag like all IBOfags, a bleak ending would have still be generic since they're not exactly uncommon with mecha anime even fucking VVV had one amidst the generally upbeat tone of it, but alas IBO is neither bleak , in fact some may argue is a tad too happy, or even satisfying so yes its the very definition of generic.

>>15436210
Why is it so easy to make fun of IBOfags? You guys manage to be more pathetic than AGEfags.
>>
>>15428032

Dude, what's remotely bait about it?
>>
>set up Arianrhod inconsistently, underdeveloped and too much focus for little payoff outside Galieo as if they're just generic villains like the rest
>try to go for downer Tekkadan loses because hubris even though they only got so far because stupid shit
>ends up with conflicting well everyone won in the end
Seriously, outside of Ride and Nagai saying Gali's sister went insane, nothing bad is with this ending in terms of consequence. Mars is free, Tekkadan can now do non-violent things and Gjallarhorn is both reformed and still have power, even if it is on a weaker scale compared to the start.
>>15435127
Chad Chaddan's alive, why are you mad?
>>
This would have been perfect if the monkey died but nope the writer self insert has to have plot armor out the ass
>>
>>15426621
>everyone thought it was pretty fucking good when it aired
Please stop speaking for other people.
>>
>>15428208
>most people hated 00 S2 and R2
Revisionism.
>>
>>1>>15424952
>>15424946
>>15424974
>>15425008
Gundam AGE made people really butthurt with just it's announcement.
>>
>>15439205
*if the monkey died and Iok survived
ftfy
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.