[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

oh shit
>>
oh SHIT!
>>
OHH SHIT
>>
How is this not the final episode? How the fuck are they still gonna fill 9 episodes with content? I'm worried they'll shit on a pretty much perfect climax.
>>
File: 1477443866499.jpg (657KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477443866499.jpg
657KB, 960x960px
What would sex with Misa be like?
>>
>>15423246
Those last few episodes are a love it or hate it deal. Personally I think they provide a satisfying epilogue that wraps up the character parts very well, and allows for greater world building.
>>
>>15423246

ACKSHULY, that was supposed to be the conclusion but the show was pretty well received from the get go so it got an extension.
>>
>>15423279
Yeah I imagined it was gonna be something along those lines but nine episodes feels stupidly long for an "epilogue".

>>15423280
That makes a lot of sense. They seemed to have poured their everything into this episode, the animation in particular got a huge bump (I got to finally see that famous Anno cut).

Does DYRL end at this point then? Or is this one of the big story changes I've heard it makes.
>>
Good.
Now finish SDF and abandon the Macross franchise forever, the rest is all shit.
>>
>>15423300
It effectively ends at that point. But all the post-battle epilogue is wrapped into the preceding portions
>>
>>15423279
The last episodes were okay, but I teared up a bit when the Macross flies again and the OP plays
>>
>>15423279

I loved the postwar eps, felt really sad when they found the Zentran corpse clutching the Minmey doll
>>
>>15423279
yeah it's all well and good to have "and then they blew up the leader's fortress and won" but very few shows deal with "so now what do we do?"
I'm not sure if the novelty would hold up for too long but it works well for me in SDFM.
>>
Not OP, but twenty minutes into DYRL, and is this thing just gonna be a series of cutesy music videos interspersed with Zack Snyder Man of Murder levels of property damage?
>>
>>15425465
yeah it's pretty great like that
>>
File: 2hpk840.png (267KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2hpk840.png
267KB, 640x480px
The postwar episodes on the whole were really good, and were actually very fitting of Macross' theme. From episode 1 onwards, Macross is unique in how often things go wrong. Not stupidlyor implausibly wrong, just sort of normal-for-reality levels of wrong:

>The ship's anti-gravity engines malfunction and float away from the ship
>The protagonist is a regular pilot who gets shot down frequently and is outclassed by his subordinate
>Macross finally makes it back to Earth but floats around for a bit before being exiled due to political considerations, instead of being hailed as returning heroes
>When the Big Bad shows up he doesn't give a long monologue before being killed by the protagonist--he immediately hits the "destroy planet" button

Then the post-war episodes hit, and it's the same kind of thing:
>Some Zentradi have difficulty integrating with human life
>Minmay is a star but sings to empty halls and is paid in canned food
>Kaifun gets into petty squabbles with the military
>Hikaru still can't get over his first love

Shame the animation budget hit rock bottom, with the exception of Romanesque, aka the greatest episode in the series
>>
>>15425932
>From episode 1 onwards, Macross is unique in how often things go wrong. Not stupidlyor implausibly wrong, just sort of normal-for-reality levels of wrong:
as far as I understand Macross was in no small part a response to the robot cartoons that came before
"Gunsight" the name of the bridge, supposedly came from their Gundam doujins
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.