[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>PPSSPP can run Gundam Battle Universe again Finally. Fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16

File: ULJS00145_00002.png (528KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00145_00002.png
528KB, 960x544px
>PPSSPP can run Gundam Battle Universe again
Finally. Fucking miss this game. It's what got me interested in learning more about Gundam beyond twitchy action games. Let's have a General Mecha Game Thread.

I was wondering about Front Mission. I hear they're quite good, but I'm not the biggest fan of SRPGs. I enjoy G Generation and Fire Emblem, but I don't much care for the gameplay in Super Robot Wars. Is Front Mission for me?
>>
>>15421767
>playing kusoge
>>
>>15421777
Front Mission or GBU? If it's the latter then I assure you, it's Grade A adequate.
>>
Armored Core and Another Century's Episode for life.

Too bad From Software has resigned those games to the annals of history
>>
I was just playing the shit out of this a few months ago. Finally completed all routes. The password missions unlock ridiculous suits that can be used in any era. The Zeta Plus suits, S and EX-S are great. I love using grunts over overpowered suits though.
>>
>>15421795
I just hate where the series went after. 3D Battle was shit and Assault Survive added in unnecessary grinding. I heard SEED Battle Destiny isn't too bad though. Maybe I'll grab a PS TV once you can use USB instead of Sony's proprietary bullshit.
>>
>>15421795
TFW a max upgraded Zaku II takes out Nu Gundam and Londo Bell
>>
>>15421767
where did you get your GBU iso at? Or at least what's a good site that isn't riddled with malware?
>>
>>15423615
I got it off TPB half a decade ago. You can find it on Emuparadise now.
>>
Can it run GvG Next+?
>>
>>15423733
Yes, but it's a pretty demanding game.
>>
>>15423736
Sweet, that is what got me into Gundam.
>>
As someone who really enjoyed Gundam Assault Survive (perhaps just for the novelty of being able to play as so many mobile suits), what does Battle Universe do so much better that I always hear people talk about it over the sequels?
>>
Never liked these games. The fact that you had to unlock the feature to use any suit in later eras was garbage.
>>
>>15423982
You unlock suits outright. No grinding to buy them up.

The campaigns for 79, 83, 87, 88, and 93 are much more fleshed out than GAS's attempts.

Game is easy for those with no Japanese reading ability to play.
>>
>>15421800
>Maybe I'll grab a PS TV once you can use USB
try to google it
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ps+tv+usb
>>
>>15424201
It's still not out last I checked, you fucking slut.
>>
>>15421767
Great now I have to begin the careful process of moving all save files and ISOs to a new folder
>>
>>15421800
>I heard SEED Battle Destiny isn't too bad though.

It's really not bad at all but it's not as good as GBU. A lot of the eras unique weapons are pretty shit and not implemented well and there aren't many divergences in the plot you can make.

Also the Destiny part of the game isn't very exciting and visually,making your Custom character a coordinator is kinda lame since you don't get the whole SEED drop animation. Kira and company all do though.

>>15423982
>what does Battle Universe do so much better that I always hear people talk about it over the sequels?

It's on a more easily accessed system (The 3D Battle from what i've heard is basically GBU but with a bit of Unicorn stuff tacked on but i've never played it. Might also be a decent game)

Stat and abilitywise it doesn't shit on the CaCs chest by setting them up to be permanently weaker than the Series characters. Sure Amuro does kick your ass as a pilot but your dude can and will surpass him given enough mission times even in a shitty GM.

All of the big battles are gloriously done, the maps used are on point and have decent destructibility to them and the VAs maintain all of their inbattle defining moments.

A LOT of changes can be made in who pops up or where you go in missions depending on what you kill or where you go

And perhaps most importantly is that it's filled with suits and content from side stories so you were very likely to run into some mission you didn't know the fuck was about that has a mobile suit you didn't know the fuck was about.
>>
>>15421767
Fucking finally, I was close to 100% that game and my computer had issues booting up. Then come to find that PPSSPP could not run it anymore.

Its time for the return on the best pilots UC had to offer, Nutsack and Useless.

>>15423736
Will it run more than 20pfs though? I remember the previous builds it would run just fine.
>>
>>15425658
I have a gaming computer, I run it at 4x internal resolution and it's pretty rade for me tp encounter slowdown.
>>
>tfw you boot this game up,play with the end game suits and remember just how broken the Ex-S in particular is

It's that gad dang I-field I tell you what. Shit is mad busted
>>
>>15421767
I fucking hate how SP here are overpowering made me liked Battle Chronicles a lot of better
>>
God, I have something like 400 hours in Next Plus. That game was fucking spectacular.
>>
>>15425594
Nah, 3D Battle sucks. It's GBU without the 0083/0088 campaigns, no Axis in 0087, and the Unicorn and Sinanju are nothing special at all. Beam Magnum doesn't even have the right SFX.
>>
File: HAYAI.webm (3MB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
HAYAI.webm
3MB, 640x366px
>>15426201
SP as in the attacks?
If you just got gud SP wouldn't be a problem. Keep your distance and use your shield Or just live the FASTmans life and dodge them all
>>
>>15421767
what settings you got? Everytime I try to load up a mission it just gets stuck on the loading screen.

But i can easily run GvGN+ and Overworld PPSSPP.
>>
>>15428849
>mfw this shit
>meanwhile I'm plodding away at the 0087 Axis campaign in Haman's Gaza C
I'm pretty sure getting an A or S in the Qubeley testing mission will get you the Qubeley, but I can't possibly kill Haman.

>>15428956
Did you update to PPSSPP 1.4?
>>
>>15428849
Fuck that's great. Most games with f91 in them don't really get the level of speed i feel it deserves.
>>
>>15428967
>Zeta Axis Campaign

my condolences esteemed family.
I did not know. That's actually a pretty aggravating faction since all you have for it your first time around is the Gaza Cs and they pretty much cripple your battle effectiveness.

Also you don't get the Qubeley until you S rank the last missions B path.
>>
File: ULJS00145_00000.png (673KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00145_00000.png
673KB, 960x544px
>>15429162
Really? Fucking Haman. As if it wasn't hard enough just killing Kamille.

It's been years since I played. All I really remember is that you should A or S rank everything if you want new suits.
>>
>>15428967
>>15429162
I cheesed the Haman fight because by that point I think it's possible to have a Gelgoog, which I had a lot more points put into than any of the Gaza-C models.

I run like hell when Haman uses her SP special, and I try to use the terrain while shielding to survive it. As long as I can get my own SP attack ready, I can use it to attack Haman or cancel out her own by exploiting the invincibility.
>>
>>15429187
I managed it by getting lucky with my teammate and my own SP attack. Two fuckhuge beams of death, and she luckily got caught right where they crossed. Didn't have time to use her own SP attack.

Of course, this was moments before I read how to actually get the Qubeley. So much work, and I don't even get to keep it for ZZ. I don't even get to keep Haman's Gaza C!
>>
>>15429202
At least the ZZ era Neo Zeon suits are much more tolerable. Early on you will unlock the Zssa which is fun as hell because of the missile spamming, and the Bawoo is a nice all-purpose machine although it doesn't have a lot of HP even when maxed.

I can't remember if it was the green MP model or Glemmy's red custom model, but one of the Bawoo's attacks launches its own backpack at the enemy. It's fun enough by itself, but it's also a ridiculously good ship killer since the backpack crash attack clips through ships to hit the middle of the 3D model, and the way damage calculation works for that attack is that enemy ships will continuously take damage as long as they're being touched by the backpack. Launch the backpack from a good angle and watch the HP drain like crazy.
>>
>>15429253
Oh yeah, the Zssa was one of my favorites when I first played back in 2015. I'm looking forward to the Bawoo, Hamma-Hamma, and Doven Wolf again.
>>
>>15429253
I recall using the G-3's beam javelin super and changing my target as the javelin was in flight to kill multiple targets instantly.
>>
>>15429262
And there's the BASED Geymalk - I think GBU is one of the only times that suit has been in an action game ever. Just massed beamy-funnelly death with a side-order of crazy. Love it.

>>15430551
Loved doing stuff like that - pretty much anyone who tossed a saber or similar could do it. My favourite for that was the Psycho Gundam Mk. II - giant wire-guided wrist-beam saber rocket punch after a blistering wall of beams. Or you could just use the SP melee attack if you wanted.

Gah, I don't even know how many hours I spent playing that game. I've restarted more fresh saves on that title and Macross Ultimate Frontier than I have on most of my SNES and PS1 collection. Such a satisfying gameplay loop.
>>
File: Custom_Robo.jpg (321KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Custom_Robo.jpg
321KB, 1280x1024px
is custom robo and or gotcha force /m/?
>>
>>15430780
Yeah, even though I only had the Geymalk for the last Axis mission, it served me well. My MVPs for each campaign were:
0079: Gelgoog Jager for land and space/Zock for water
0083: Xamel for land/Gerbera Tetra for space
0087: Haman Gaza C lol
0088: Hamma-Hamma/Geymalk
0093: Gyunei's Jagd Doga

I used to play it all the fucking time years back. It legitimately got me into Gundam. It's weird to think back and realize how I used to treat the Titans like a villainous faction. As for now, I'm just working on getting all S ranks for the Zeon campaigns/
>>
>>15421767
Everytime I try to run GBU on PPSSPP the character creation portraits don't show up so I can't get past that screen.
>>
File: BALLIN.png (278KB, 480x543px) Image search: [Google]
BALLIN.png
278KB, 480x543px
>>15421809
>>
>tfw no one autistic as toady to mech the perfect mech sim
For reference, toady is the dwarf fortress guy.
>>
>>15431262
Try updating to 1.4. It solves a lot of issues. I'm even using the default settings.
>>
Friendly reminder that when you play this game you should ultimately main a character that follows the path of

Zeon -> Delaz Fleet -> AEUG -> Axis -> Neo Zeon

You get better variety,more unique array of and more quality suits this way of suits this way without having to fuck around with the RNG of the capture system. It's primarily Zeon because they are the master race. Going with the Feds at best just nets you the Nu but you get the best version of it from an Extra mission so no need to give a shit.
>>
>>15431986
>AEUG

Actually joining the Titans is better. As all siding with the AEUG is good for is just getting Kamilles Zeta and it's pretty easy to catch that. It's not very easy to catch The-O or the Titans MkII though.
>>
File: ULJS00281_00000.jpg (63KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00281_00000.jpg
63KB, 960x544px
>>15431954
My bad it was Assault Survive that doesn't run right.
>>
>>15431028
Custom Robo's pretty /m/. New game never, unfortunately. The GC game's art has aged terribly.
>>
>>15432375
>The GC game's art has aged terribly.
Run it in an emulator at 1080p. It's rad as fuck.
>>
File: Hero_(Normal).png (24KB, 120x148px) Image search: [Google]
Hero_(Normal).png
24KB, 120x148px
>>15432692
Oh, no, the Robo models are really nice and hold up well. The character art not so much.
>>
>>15432713
It's fine.
>>
File: Gccharacters.jpg (146KB, 870x615px) Image search: [Google]
Gccharacters.jpg
146KB, 870x615px
>>15432716
>>
File: harry.png (19KB, 120x148px) Image search: [Google]
harry.png
19KB, 120x148px
>>15432729
Totally fine.
>>
File: whenthetemplateisjustright.png (78KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
whenthetemplateisjustright.png
78KB, 600x652px
>tfw for the most part this game is just reminding me how good Zetas OST was

https://youtu.be/fJNMfDi2gho?t=3m12s

They just don't make it like that anymore senpai well they did with 00 but I insist
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-13-17-30-39.png (428KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-13-17-30-39.png
428KB, 854x480px
I'd appreciate Gundam Assault Survive translated though. I can force myself to read Japanese or even translate it roughly.
I mean I like the game though.
But I forgot a thing that I just can't recall: does the Gelgoog or whatever have a flight mode?
>>
>>15433631
If any Artdink mech game were to be translated the effort best be spent on Macross Triangle Frontier. There's literally a whole VN in that game left in weeb and it's all important to stats.
>>
I don't know but I got bored quickly playing these kind of gundam games (gundam battle tactics, battle universe, assault survive, tatakai no kioku, etc)

but I'm very addicted playing quick paced gundam vs. series like seed vs, next+, exvs. etc

>>15423736
my shitty wooden pc run GvGN+ smoothly, it's not that demanding

PSPPP is the best emulator compared to other playstation emus (including PSX and PS2 emulators) in terms of performance and compability
>>
>>15434323
*PPSSPP
>>
>No PSP game has ZAKU Warrior/Phantom
Excluding ace customs
>>
>>15434323
>implying GBU is slow
See >>15428849
>>
What can you tell me about the Crossbone Vanguard units in Battle Universe/Assault Survive?
>>
>>15434629
Vigna Ghina and Rafflesia are in GBU as extra units. GAS has a UC 0123 campaign, so it has everything from the CV AFAIK.
>>
>>15434633
Yeah but are they any good?
>>
>>15434666
Rafflesia is extremely good. Vigna Ghina is like the F91 in that they blow the fuck out of anything from early UC. In GBU at least, not sure if they got nerfed for GAS. I do know that GAS has the V2, V2AB, and Gottrlatan as extra suits instead.
>>
File: GXCE01-6.png (2MB, 1828x1028px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-6.png
2MB, 1828x1028px
>>15432375
>>15432692
I shit myself when I first realized that the weird smudge on Halberd's shoulders is actually a police emblem with words.
The robo models benefit greatly from emulation. Some of the backgrounds in the arenas are rough though.
>>
File: GXCE01-14.png (2MB, 1828x1028px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-14.png
2MB, 1828x1028px
Only gonna post a couple more, i don't want to hijack this thread entirely
>>
File: GXCE01-15.png (1MB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-15.png
1MB, 1368x1026px
Lolibot
>>
File: GXCE01-17.png (1MB, 1368x1028px) Image search: [Google]
GXCE01-17.png
1MB, 1368x1028px
>>
>>15434629
it's shit
>>
>>15434629
Well in Assault Survive I have a custom Den'Ang or how the hell it's pronounced, but if you're playing Survive then I hope you will have less misfortune than I did.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.