[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do Star Was fans think about Gundam? What do Gundam fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

What do Star Was fans think about Gundam?
What do Gundam fans think about Star Wars?
What do Dr. Who fans think about? Do they think at all?
>>
1: They don't, or they think "oh you mean Gundam Wing, I loved it as a kid".

2: I'd personally rather watch the prequels than the shit we're getting nowadays. I remember when getting rid of the EU was seen as a good thing.

3: Shipping. Always between men. Not always between humans.
>>
>>15417955
Are people only allowed to like one thing now? I love both of them.
>>
>>15418020
We both know that's possible.
But I'm curious about those who lean to one side or otherwise know very little about the other.
Any answer is valid.

I asked this question is /co/ and one of the responses was that he hated anything with giant robots in it. Others said that they were fans of Gundam.
>>
>>15418040
Why would you ask /co/, of all boards?
>>
>>15418045
They have a Star Wars general 24/7
>>
As a Gundam fan I really dislike Star Wars. I just think its fucking lame the same way some normie would tell me its lame i'm watching old mecha cartoons.
>>
File: 1450145998798.jpg (162KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450145998798.jpg
162KB, 960x720px
>>15417955
I think Star Wars is terribly overrated, even the original trilogy.

Dr. Who fans are some of the most subhuman, and I mean REALLY subhuman people you'll ever see in a "fandom" (I fucking feel degenerate just writing that word).
>>
>>15418049
And? So does /tg/.
>>
>>15418057
Yes, and I plan on asking there too. I just don't feel like having to check on multiple threads.
>>
>>15418049
/tv/ has a dozen or two dozen Star Wars threads per day.
>>
>>15418064
/tv/ will be my last stop. I'm not really sure if I want their opinion anyway.
>>
>>15418068
Yet you prioritize /co/? I hope /tv/ memes a plane into your home.
>>
>>15418077
I just happened to be on that board when I thought to ask this question.
>>
>>15418077
He might be a /co/ native.
>>
>>15418005
>>15418056
You guys do know the bulk of Doctor Who exists before 2005, right? The Queer as Folk guy didn't invent it.
>>
>>15418082
No I was just there for the Jack.
>>
>BBC literally destroyed the tapes of the classic Dr. Who that was actually supposed to be good
Sorry Britfags aside from that Peter Cushing Dalek film I guess I'll always have to consider the Doctor to be Tumblr bait garbage
>>
>>15418083
That doesn't matter when the bulk of Dr. Who fans are millenial girls who have the uniquely obnoxious combination of ultra progressive poltitical views and severe anglophilia.
>>
>>15418056
They really are. They're really just simple movies that work (except for Return of the Jedi), yet people act like they're somehow some of the best films ever made.
>>
File: Raiding the Rebel Scum.jpg (736KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Raiding the Rebel Scum.jpg
736KB, 1200x1200px
>>15417955
I'm big into Star Wars, and I appreciate Gundam. I wish that there were more Gundam type war machines in Star Wars. Or Giant War Droids or some such.

I only really know G-Gundam and Gundam Wing (pretty much solely because of Toonami). I like it, but can't quite get into it as much as I can Star Wars.

They think about lanky british men. I'm sure they think. Those slash fictions don't write themselves. At least, that is to say, I haven't seen a random slash fiction generator yet.
>>
>>15418053
What specifically don't you like about it? I'm just curious.
>>
>>15417955
Star Wars fans are probably somewhat unaware of Gundam. They at least think of it as a series that "ripped off" their franchise. Few like both.

Gundam fans mostly repect Star Wars' contribution to their franchise. Most like both.

Doctor Who fans like retro or camp, so they usually like the Original Trilogy, most likely somewhat unaware of Gundam.

Strictly "NuWho" fans like pop sci-fi, so they like the new Star Wars movies, the new Terminator movies, etc.
>>
Star Wars and Gundam are literally the same thing anyone that claims to only like one of em is baiting or has never watched UC Gundam. Obviously everyones seen Star Wars
>>
>>15417955
Honestly, back in the day I only liked Star Wars for the space fighting. And today I don't even like it for that. So I'm kind of eh on the whole thing.

And i never liked Doctor Who. I was always more of a Gerry Anderson chap.
>>
>>15418093
Not sure I really have anything very specific I just never really latched on to it or enjoyed it like others seem to. I don't think Jedi or light sabers are all that cool or really anything in it is all that cool. I won't run around screaming how terrible it is or anything because its at least decent in terms of entertainment, but I fail to see how it ever caught on and became so big. I haven't seen any of the new ones and people treat me like some kind of leper for not liking Star Wars so that also makes me dislike it even more.
>>
>>15418104
I have literally never watched any Star Wars films other than TFA
And I hated TFA
>>
File: Grievous has a grievance.jpg (62KB, 362x433px) Image search: [Google]
Grievous has a grievance.jpg
62KB, 362x433px
>>15418136
Well you can only go up from there.
Even half of the normies that saw it weren't wild about it after 2 weeks.

Prequels are fun to watch with some rough dialogue. Has probably the best aesthetics of the series, both in terms of cinematography and ship designs. Venators are best ship
Originals has much better dialogue and stronger characters, and it's still fun. Just in a different sort of way.
Rogue One is definitely in the Okay category. In terms of quality, it fits right in with Expanded Universe stuff. I didn't regret watching it as much as I did TFA.

Watch at your own leisure.
>>
>>15417955
1.Gundam?Ah the Starwars bootleg made by chinks for kids.

2. Star wars is so boring especially the new ones.

3. Oh, more police station boxes!
>>
>>15418077
not him, but /tv/ is overrun by /pol/-crossboarders complaining about literally anyone on earth being black. i only browsed there because i like film, but i dont even touch it anymore. those faggots need to keep their shit in their shitty containment board.
>>
>>15417955
As a Gundam fan, I havn't finished any star wars movie yet but I liked the mecha concept. The tanks, the spacecrafts and Storm Troopers.

What I dislike about it are the games that seems used by producers to milk the series and the recent movies which I feel tainted by sjw agenda. Nevertheless, I would say the franchise is good.
>>
Star Wars is kinda shit outside the space wizard samurai stuff.

Gundam is kinda shit when the space glowy autist stuff comes into play.

I've never seen Dr. Who.
>>
>>15418204
>Oh, more police station boxes!
Haha, seems you've soaked quite a bit of the culure in. You're thinking of Japan, in the UK, police boxes where just emergency phone boxes, not little police stations.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.