[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good place to watch Mazinger z?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Mazinger_Z_full.png (535KB, 441x779px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinger_Z_full.png
535KB, 441x779px
I want a good place to watch this show. been wanting to see some of the older shows, but all the places I've looked for have shitty subtitles. I can barely understand what's going on, the translation's so bad. Could you guys give me a site with decent subtitles or even a recommended viewing order?
>>
File: 1490048155636.jpg (45KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1490048155636.jpg
45KB, 500x385px
>>15415254
Crabstick is a treasure, don't you dare talk down about it
>>
I think your home is a pretty good place to watch it.
>>
>>15415272
Preferrably on some kind of a TV or a monitor

>>15415254
Seriously though, Discotek released the series on DVD in the US with proper subtitles. If their previous releases are anything to go by, you won't even need a modded player to watch them if you live outside the states.

Or you could probably just torrent them, but I would not approve of it, you cheap bastard.
>>
Get the first 17 episodes in 720p here, and the rest from bakabt. As for watching it, watch it on a tv while sitting on a sofa. Don't break your back on a computer chair.

https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=906433
https://bakabt.me/torrent/182825/mazinger-z-0choba
>>
>>15415475
>steal official subs
>slap your name on it
What an egomaniac.
>>
>>15415557
For real? That's low.

People should buy the dvds if they want to get more Mazinger in the future.

It's rather sad that we still don't have a bluray release of Shin Mazinger in English, and yet, even fucking France has it.
>>
>>15415621
>People should buy the dvds if they want to get more Mazinger in the future.
Yeah really. I feel bad just about the fact that it took me this long to pick up those DVDs.
>>
>>15415621
>even France
They're one of the most likely countries, though.
>>
>>15415557
Still crying about that? Though, it's not like I said they were mine. Besides, I did have to encode and do all the rest so obviously I'm gonna stuck my name on it.

>>15415621
You say that like people who torrent would have bought it in the first place.

Then again, there's not really a market for this sort of thing in the English speaking world since it's old, not well known and because they're too focused on shlock like Monogatari and whatnot.
>>
>>15415827
>do all the rest

The only things you did were encode and slap on the subtitles. You didn’t even buy the BDs to rip them.

Normally it's not a big fucking deal, but you're a massive cunt that people want gone.
>>
File: you really hate them, huh.png (45KB, 274x306px) Image search: [Google]
you really hate them, huh.png
45KB, 274x306px
>>15415863
The subs didn't 100% sync right, then I also had to OCR, fix them for the song inserts each episode, neither did the crabs sync right, and obviously I'm not gonna buy the spic BDs just to encode it.

>Normally it's not a big fucking deal
So you're saying it's only because I did it? Grow up.
>>
>>15415789
>They're one of the most likely countries, though.
Fuck no.

France doesn't know Shin at all.
>>
>>15415789
Or Mazinger for that matter. The works of Go Nagai are even more obscure than the US there.
>>
>>15416010
>>15416012
Goldrake was a huge hit in France and they have published Mazinger Z.
http://www.blackbonesboutique.com/mazinger-z-great-mazinger-pack-mecene-cadeau-goodies-mazinger-z.htm
>>
>>15416121
Yeah and that's a very recent thing that black box licensed his stuff.

Outside of Goldorak, France never got to know Mazinger and any of his other works. If you ask most people above 30s and up, they'll definitely tell you they know Goldorak, but not Mazinger.
>>
>>15415827
Doing gods work. Fuck all these crybabies. No way in hell would I spend $100 on some 70's Mecha cartoon.
>>
>>15416166
You can make all the excuses you want but France is ine of the most likely places to get a Mazinger import and they did. Cry more.
>>
>>15416236
>No way in hell would I spend $100 on some 70's Mecha cartoon.
And you call yourself a /m/an.
>>
>>15416256
>You can make all the excuses you want but France is ine of the most likely places to get a Mazinger import and they did. Cry more.

I'm French, you fucking retard. Go Nagai is pretty much non-existent here. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS MAZINGER. NO ONE. All the people of Goldorak's generation don't even know that Goldorak is part of Mazinger.

The fact that Black Box made an effort and managed to snap a few titles from Nagai has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual demand. It was a guilty project, and it sort of worked.

Just look at the date Black Box's Mazinger got published. From fucking last year and the only way they're getting it to sell is by advertising it with Goldorak.

For 40 years, we didn't hear shit about Mazinger, or Devilman, or Cutie Honey. France isn't Italy and you American fucks should stop pretending that you know anything about a country's anime culture.

As a matter of fact, there were MORE Go Nagai releases in the US than in France over the past 4 decades.
>>
>>15416121
>Goldrake was a huge hit in France and they have published Mazinger Z.
We didn't even have Goldorak officially published on DVDs and it only happened in 2014.

Apart from Goldorak, most people here don't even know who Go Nagai is.
>>
You want to know who France is actually familiar with? Matsumoto.

We have the works of Matsumoto up the ass. It's everywhere, but Go Nagai? Not a word.

The other fucking things that's ultra popular is shit like Hokuto no Ken, Cobra, Dragonball, City Hunter, Captain Tsubasa, Saint Seiya which keep being on tv all the time.

Again, nothing Go Nagai here other than Goldorak.
>>
>>15416523
>>15416540
>>15416562
France is still one of the most likely places to get a Nagai import. There are not many countries that would.
>>
>>15416620
>France is still one of the most likely places to get a Nagai import.
Likely compared to what?

Dynamic Vision actually released the Devilman manga back in 2000 and it bombed hard.

The USA has more ties to Nagai with guys like Danzig and companies like ADV than fucking France.
>>
>>15416694
>Likely compared to what?
Pretty much every country but Spain, Italy, China and Korea.

>The USA has more ties to Nagai with guys like Danzig and companies like ADV than fucking France.
In your dreams. Mazinger is even more obscure in the USA than France. USA had Tranzor Z and the Mazinkaiser OVA.
France has Goldrak, Mazinger Z TV, Mazinger manga, Great Mazinger manga, Grendizer manga and the Go Nagai Collection. It is no big surprise that France would get Shin Mazinger and guess what? They did.
>>
Anonymous 04/10/17(Mon)10:05:34 No.15418490 ▶
>>15416716 #
>Mazinger tv
Except we don't you fucking retard. We didn't even have Goldorak DVDs until 3 years ago.
The dub that Mazinger had back then had literally no one watching and it had less episodes than Tranzor z.

the USA has Mazinger tv, cutie honey tv, and Devilman tv on DVD. We don't have any of those you sack of shit.
>>
>>15416523
Yeah
BUT
Americans get triggered by the sex & nudity stuff. Meanwhile France is the go-to country for that shit. Face it, you're culture IS mode Nagai friendly. Sure, Grendizer has dominated, but guess what? In America there isn't a single Nagai anything that ever got popular at all, so don't bitch
>>
>>15418495
>the USA has Mazinger tv, cutie honey tv, and Devilman tv on DVD. We don't have any of those you sack of shit.
Yeah and fucking nobody has bought them. Discotek probably lost money on em
>>
>>15418546
Discotek's general strategy is just to produce as much as they think people will buy and then to eventually discontinue production to focus on other things.

So, they are probably doing pretty well by company standards even though it seems Lupin titles are their bread and butter now.
>>
>>15418536
>Sure, Grendizer has dominated, but guess what? In America there isn't a single Nagai anything that ever got popular at all

That's because Grendizer was literally babby's first anime. It has nothing to do with the fact that it was by Nagai. The USA fucking loved Voltron and Transformers, they're not different.

>>15418546
Plenty of Hispanics live in the US. France doesn't have such a population.

>Yeah and fucking nobody has bought them
What makes you think anyone bought the Black Box releases? It's niche content for a niche audience.

The only way they get people to buy is by advertising it as a work by the creator of Goldorak.

Again, stop assuming France is like Italy. They're nothing alike when it comes to Nagai.
>>
>>15416716
>WOW WHO EVER THOUGHT FRANCE WOULD GET THIS
>I did
>NO WAY
>But France DID get it. I wasn't surprised and it happened. You're objectively wrong.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SACRE BLEU
>>
>>15419599
It is surprising that France got Go Nagai. Go 5 years back (2012), and the most we ever got was Devilman by Dynamic Vision which bombed so far that literally no one noticed its presence, and the Grendizer manga by Ota.

We didn't even have Grendizer DVDs available for sale due to some rights issue.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.