[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, who else here is #TeamJapan? USA gonna get its ass whooped.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: serveimage.jpg (82KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
82KB, 1280x853px
So, who else here is #TeamJapan?

USA gonna get its ass whooped.
>>
>>15413417
All this hype and it's going to come down to what are essentially two JCBs slogging into eachother in the middle of a parking lot
>>
>>15413417
i see now why mechs are not currently in development for modern warfare
look at that shit
>>
>>15413423
Probably, but one can dream. It's still fun to think about.
>>
>>15413436
Mechs are not practical for war, that's just a 2d fantasy. Kuratas is just for show.

Also, yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone in the world is rooting for Japan on this one.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-01-07-01h44m30s52.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-01-07-01h44m30s52.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15413417
Just fighting is meaningless. To truly compare them we need them to take part in a series of challenges - lifting an egg without breaking it, a full round of baseball, Takeshi's Castle / American Ninja, drift racing while delivering tofu, towing a 747, who can eat the most hotdogs in 1 minute, etc.
>>
>>15413474
That doesn't sound like it would sell to many people. Only literal nerds, like most of us, would find such feats fascinating because we have some grasp of the complexity of robotics. Laymen want to see a cock-fight by any other name.
>>
>>15413417
>The Russians interrupt with their colossal mechanical war bear.
>>
File: winning.png (490KB, 689x439px) Image search: [Google]
winning.png
490KB, 689x439px
>>15413474
Didn't realize I wanted this until now

>giant robots pulling 747's over the edge of the Grand Canyon
>one gives out and gets pulled down with the plane
>michael bay tier explosions when they hit the ground

would masturbate to /10
>>
>>15413417
I pray they converted the Kuratas into a giant single-shot pile bunker on wheels.
>>
>>15413436
Mecha literally only make sense in a setting like UC.
>>
>>15413417
I would be #TeamNips but I'd prefer to be on the winning side.

Kuratas is so much smaller and lighter that the Megabot might just drive into it and knock it over, hopefully Suidobashi has been upgrading it's legs to actually serve as legs and help it stay upright, and go fast enough to stay out of megabot's range.
>>
File: Kuratas-mega-robot_27.jpg (286KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
Kuratas-mega-robot_27.jpg
286KB, 600x705px
>>15413417
Apparently the Mark III is over 12 tons now. Kuratas is about 4.5. In mecha the little guy is the good guy. Case closed.
>>
Have you seen the latest iteration of the Megabot? Kuratas would have this in the bag handily, were it not for the possibility of the Megabot losing balance and falling onto it.
>>
>>15413436
Square cube law. Mechs do not work as long as gravity is a concern. And in space, why would you have a mech when you could have a much more mobile fighter at a tenth the cost and storage space?
>>
File: BCV_(PS2)_03.jpg (101KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
BCV_(PS2)_03.jpg
101KB, 640x512px
>>15413423
>Implying that's not hype as fuck
>>15413417
Man when did Scopedogs get so aesthetic
>>
File: atm-09-st-alt.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
atm-09-st-alt.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>15413417
That guy is a massive VOTOMS fan fulfilling his dream.

Of course I'm rooting for him and not for two Autodesk-sponsored faggots.
Ijust hope he can figure out the pneumatic punch somehow... Ican be that was exactly what was on his mind when he asked for it to be a melee match.
>>
>>15413436
They will never be viable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.