[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So.. the Zabis didn't really killed Daikun, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: Jimbaral.png (749KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jimbaral.png
749KB, 1280x720px
After watching The Origin OVAs, it seems pretty clear that the whole "Degwin killed Zeon Daikun" thing was just bullshit made up by Jimba Ral, and that Char simply took his word without having actual proof because at the time he was a small child.

Not only that, but Char and Sayla managed to "escape" to Earth just because Kycilia couldn't be bothered to stop them, given how she knew perfectly well that she could stop them by just closing Munzo's space port. Not only that, but the Zabis didn't give a fuck about them as long as Jimba stayed quiet.

Really makes the whole revenge thing that Char had going on in MSG even more pointless than in the actual show, huh?
>>
>>15412782
If Zabis weren't poisoning Deikun, then why did Kycilia got so aggressive when she met Casval at Ral's place?
Why would she try to kill Casval later?
>>
No, they did actually kill him. The manga even states that it was a poison extracted from a mushroom applied in small doses over time.
>>
>>15412822
The script for one of the unproduced episodes of 0079 had Degwin apologizing to both Daikun's grave and Sayla.
>>
>>15412822
Which volume? I have the whole thing and I don't remember that being a thing. What was heavily implied was that Kycillia killed Sasro because she was a petty cunt
>>
>>15413721
Rewatch the scene. Degwin acts surprised but Gihren smirks as if he expected it.
>>
>>15413729
I'm talking about the manga, which I have. You said the manga states something about a mushroom, but I don't remember that
>>
>>15412822
Reason #284728 why this OVA gives the best Gundam Manga a bad name.
WHY THE FUCK did they start with the flashback arc
>>
>>15413789
It's just a blatant UC fan service.
>>
>>15412822
Found it. Jimba says the Zabis meddled with the autopsy. And that he believes that the poison came from wolfsbane and an oriental mushroom
>>
>>15413814
>mushroom
This explains his weird behavior. And in Astraia flashback he looks like a decent person
>>
>>15413789
So that the spoonfeeding of bits of actual MSG stuff (Tri Stars, Guntanks) will make people hyped for the remake of 0079, hence the teaser of the gundam rising up and firing off it's Vulcans.
>>
>>15413905
Well then they better do it and do it right and they best not take the Berserk route of making the random one-off characters (or in Gundam, case, the MS) all 2D art then make the Gundam itself 3DCG 95% of the time
I get it from a budget perspective but fuck man, so ass-backwards
>>
>>15413910
the CG we've gotten so far in Origin has been overall a lot better than the CG that Berserk has been using, so I'm reasonably confident that however they handle the rest of Origin when they get done with the flashback stuff(whether it's more OVA stuff or an actual show), it'll look good
>>
>>15413814
That brings it back to the only source that the Zabis did it being Jinba Ral, and the man is a paranoid, raving loon.
>>
>>15413956
Yep, Sasro say that he's manipulated the people in believing that Deikun's death was an assassination by the feds. I'm pretty sure that implies that they simply took advantage of the situation. This is all just The Origin though. I'm sure that in 0079 the Zabis really did it.
>>
Why the fuck would the OVA gloss over such a key detail? Details like that are the only reason it's worth having prequel/flashback shit.
>>
>>15413951
This. Whatever the problems of MSGO it at least looks good.

Besides, 3D robots don't look nearly as terrifying as 3D CG humans. Usually.
>>
No, they did kill him. Zabis didn't care about the kids as long as Jimba shut up precisely because they're just kids, they wouldn't go looking to kill the Zabis unless they had someone they trust reveal the truth to them, like Jimba
>>
>>15414209
T. Jinba Ral
>>
Origin isn't canon.
>>
>>15413969
Because they assume the viewer isn't an autist who can understand
>implications
Such as "Sasro & Gihren killed Deikun without letting the other Zabi's in on the plan until it was over"
>>
>>15413789
>cut to the very fucking long flashback in the middle of MSG re-tell instead of starting out there from the beginning

That's just really fucking dumb.
>>
>>15414506
Origin is the new canon, supersedes the original series
>>
>>15412782

Remember when Sasro explicitly stated they'd killed Deikun?
Cause that happened.
Then he hit Kycillia.
And then he had a terrible incident involving spontaneous vehicular detonation.
>>
>>15414588

Disregard that, I just rewatched the scene and >>15413966 is correct.
>>
>>15413814

The problem is that it comes from Jimba and not from solid evidence. The guy is a paranoid, so in the end the manga left the whole assassination thing to the reader interpretation.
>>
Its obvious that The Origin OVA is just a Char OVA. Sunrise banking on the popularity of Yas' manga and the only reason it uses the manga's character and mech designs.

I could see Sunrise do a sequel Char OVA and name it after C.D.A. just for name brand.
>>
>>15414701
>C.D.A.
Only problem with that is that it seemingly uses a different chronological demise for M'Quve, since CDA uses the movie trilogy continuity.
>>
>>15413814
>Jimba says
>>
>yfw Origin starts a whole bunch of Char shows and we end up getting a CCA remake called Mobile Suit Gundam: Amuro's Counterattack
>>
>>15412782
Zeonwank
>>
>>15415689
>Mobile suit Zaku
>MSZ: Hyaku shiki
>>
>>15415689
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Amuro's Counterattack
That's what the movie should have been called since Amuro was the underdog
>>
>>15419408

Would Amuro be a main character and pilot a golden not-Gundam in that one, inspiring a depressed Char back in to action before he disappears out of the plot? Would he be throwing Axis at a Side in 'Amuro's Assault'?
>>
>>15413814
>Jimba says
>>
>>15419938
They would have to write a good romantic line
>>
>>15412782
>actually reading/watching The Origin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>15414812
I don't remember him explicitly dying in the Manga, I just remember seeing a badass panel of the Gyan as he set out to take out as many Feds as he could before being Overwhelmed and that was it. I know he's shown alive in the third movie. It won't be hard for Sunrise to gloss over
That said I don't want CDA animated. Not muh Haman her young Design is generic and doesn't look like a UC Gundam character
>>
>>15421972
What's wrong with the origin?
>>
>>15422003
Absolutely nothing. It's some stupid kind of meme. The story has been streamlined and arranged to make more sense, but it's essentially still the same story.
>>
>>15421994

M'Quve bite it from a Magellan's mega particle cannon in CDA when they were trying to divert attention to aid Zenna and Mineva's escape in the very first chapter

>her young Design is generic and doesn't look like a UC Gundam character

I'm pretty sure that can be fixed to be more inline with UC Gundam standards
>>
>>15414665
Yeah, I think that's the point. Seems to me like they were trying to add a little more reason for his assassination to be 'up in the air' still.
>>
File: elderly native american.jpg (31KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
elderly native american.jpg
31KB, 400x603px
>>15422003
In actuality? Not a single fucking thing. The animation goes against some minor details of one or two lorebooks that turbonerds have turned into a bible of UC. Mind you, very few, if any, bought or even actually read aside from a paraphrased translation so they think it's non-canon. In fact, most people here got their familiarity with Gundam from the Wiki, which paraphrased said lore books, that weren't even written by the original staff behind MSG to begin with.

>But MUH GUNCANNONS

Look up the "RX-Project" in aforementioned lore books if it means that much to you. The RX Project started in early 0078, well before the Guncannons in Origin make their embarrassing debut.
>>
>>15412782
I think the manga overall has some cool parts and great art, but the flashback stuff is all pretty stupid and so are the OVAs.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.