[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did /m/ like xenoblade x?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

File: 1487791190074.jpg (678KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487791190074.jpg
678KB, 2560x1440px
How did /m/ like xenoblade x?
>>
I bought the Wii U just to play it.

As soon as I got my skell I knew it was worth it.
When I got the flight unit, I was sure of it.
>>
>>15412481
Flawed, but still pretty fun to play.
>>
It was shit.
>>
>>15412481
Censored/10
>>
File: 1482283558330.jpg (333KB, 1920x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1482283558330.jpg
333KB, 1920x1012px
>>15412481
Playing it now on Cemu.

So much wasted potential. They built up this universe and built up the feeling of survival on a new planet and then shat on it with such an incomplete story. The episodic nature of the chapters didn't help things at all and in the end it all feels so disconnected.

Examples that spring to mind -
When walking around NLA, civvies comment about how difficult it is to get into Blade. Yet, when the PC shows up Elma decides to personally train them and all the higher ups are salivating to get him in. No one questions who this badass is but they all know that they're going to do big things. The origin of the character is never expanded nor questioned. Likewise, the superboss saves the crew in one chapter, glares at them and flies off. This is never expanded upon. Not like it matters, since the PC may as well be a floating sword in the narrative. In most scenes, Elma and Lin are front and center while the PC is usually off camera or nodding like an idiot. Even that annoying mascot character plays a larger role and gets more screen time than the PC. For the mechs, they're never in cutscenes except in one at the end where generics are used but they're fun to use until you set up a broken infinite overdrive build. Then they just become transportation.

I was also annoyed by how the story in general plays out with the Lifehold pieces and the Lifehold core itself. Most of the time they get destroyed but when they don't, they proceed to stay where they are instead of being scooped up like in Nagi's recruitment quest. The post credits scene is also Mass Effect 3 tier bad. I also didn't like how things are tied to chapter completion over map completion. For example, gaining the Skell license should be tied to map completion instead of getting it after chapter 6.

If they ever get around to a sequel I hope they explore the universe at large since they Xenos/Ayys speak about it and it sounds amazing.
>>
File: 1480755532816.jpg (162KB, 640x480px)
1480755532816.jpg
162KB, 640x480px
>Telly is current a global nemesis
>Want to do an RP run
>Put together a topple lock set
>Set up a room for people to join saying it's an RP room
>No one who joins has core crusher
it's like they want to do sub 1k RP.
>>
>>15413874
What does that say? She's my current healslut.
>>
>>15412481

I got some problems with Id like to get off my chest, however that's not an an option.
>>
File: 1479425258831.jpg (89KB, 800x450px)
1479425258831.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
>>15413852
A lot of your questions and criticisms are answered in the post game. There's a theory running that Elma took a interest in Cross because He/She is another prototype like Yelv of a Mim body that only has fabricated memories.

*The Telethia doesn't attack you because it judges that you aren't an impure creature like the Tainted. You should be compiling about that unresolved plot thread instead

*If you do the Lara/Lana mission near the end of the game, you'd know they don't need to physically bring back the lifehold pieces to NLA, they can just download all the data.

*The Skells only make appearances at the end of the game because it's mandatory to have them. It's possible to go through the rest of the game without ever getting a Skell license, so not creating a version where the player characters have skells saved resources.

>>15413880
You tell me, I don't know moonrunes.

Also
>Not healing exclusively through soul voices. You're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1481733073620.jpg (297KB, 660x2457px)
1481733073620.jpg
297KB, 660x2457px
>>15413929
I just played through the main story for the most part the first time and started over since there's a lot of missables (though thankfully not as many as the OG Xenoblade). Lana, the Nopon or Lara Nara and Lara Mara the brothers? I heard about that Cross being like Yelv theory being shot down but I'm not sure since I haven't played the post game stuff.

They never got around to explaining the boss's mech or anything, right? I know there were a lot more unanswered questions. Also, fuck Lao and Lin turning from lovable rational little girl to typical annoying child in the last few chapters.
>>
>>15413880
I think it's supposed to be the dialogue when people say you are cute and you can say that Irina is cute too.
>>
One of my favorite games of all time. There was a lot of good shit, but plenty of bad shit as well. Not having any idea where the random insignificant items were on the map was one. Had to google where to find them anytime there was a quest that required items.
>>
I wanna play it but I didn't like XBC's Gameplay, It felt too slow for me, but does this game Improve on it or have the combat feel more fast paced? I might be a hypocrite for saying that seeing how I love Turn Based RPGs.
>>
>>15414325
On foot combat can get really fast, mech combat is pretty slow.
>>
File: L'cirufe aka Lucifer.png (1MB, 2160x1205px) Image search: [Google]
L'cirufe aka Lucifer.png
1MB, 2160x1205px
>>15414325
The combat is horrendously unbalanced so you end up one-shotting even bosses mid game if you actually spend a little time reading your abilities and know basic RPG strategies

It's an ok game with an incredibly weak story and a bunch of stuff that was left on the cutting-room floor.

Post-game is literally 100h of grinding materials for gear
>>
>>15414341
>>15414359
How does it Connect to the other Xeno Games? I Don't consider XBC a Xeno game because there is No Zohar or even remotely Gears related Images like in Saga. I also Plan on playing Xenosaga 2 and 3 when I can get a copy.
>>
File: Testament-XCX.jpg (674KB, 2944x2164px)
Testament-XCX.jpg
674KB, 2944x2164px
>>15414608
It has very vague connections to Xenosaga and the Lifehold is reminiscent of Kadomony
>>
>>15413929
>The Telethia doesn't attack you because it judges that you aren't an impure creature like the Tainted.

Where is this stated or even implied? I haven't seen it. Is it the Orthe quest?

>You should be comp[laining] about that unresolved plot thread instead

I felt it didn't need to be said since the game is full of unresolved plot threads and unfired chekhov's guns. For example, the second alien race in the opening movie so far has not been brought up and is never brought up in the main story line.

>Not healing exclusively through soul voices. You're doing it wrong.

Eh, I do that sometimes but soul voices are for raising damage output for me. I also use her for healing since her arts set is very limited.

Stay alive thread! Cemu 1.7.4 came out and it is now possible to check the affinity screen. Sadly, now random lockups occur as a trade off. Not sure if the OP and ending movies still don't play.
>>
>>15413852
>Yet, when the PC shows up Elma decides to personally train them and all the higher ups are salivating to get him in. No one questions who this badass is but they all know that they're going to do big things. The origin of the character is never expanded nor questioned.
Isn't this one of the plot points though?
I recall this being implied as the result of memory, mira and/or ai fuckery.
Also mira is weird.
>>
>>15414608
>because there is No Zohar or even remotely Gears related Images like in Saga
Although xcx is very light and subtle with its lore I think that the lifeholds were zohar shaped iirc.

A lot of stuff seems to have been cut out though.
>>
>>15418574
>Gears related imagery cut
I wish I had my Wii U to buy/play it but That makes me sad I love Gears.
>>
>>15413852
>Even that annoying mascot character plays a larger role and gets more screen time than the PC.
The sidequests with story content that aren't Elma/Lyn/Lao affinity quests actually do a much better job on giving the player character presence compared to the main story. I don't know why there's such a huge divide, but it's there. Some sidequests also have fairly big consequences, like adding new races to the city.
>>
>>15412481
Really good. As far as being an RPG and the open world aspect goes, it's one of the best. Falls short in other areas, though.

>>15414325
Faster paced with a lot more customization and artes.
>>
File: 1484763185079.png (303KB, 818x557px) Image search: [Google]
1484763185079.png
303KB, 818x557px
>>15418778
>>15418574
Costumes were censored, but I believe the Zohar shapes were kept in tact.
>>
File: Char--mia.png (107KB, 202x600px)
Char--mia.png
107KB, 202x600px
>>15412481
Way too much work for not enough of a reward.
>>
>>15412481
>How did /m/ like xenoblade x?
I dunno, Dropped it in favor for my other WiiU games. Might pick it up after I beat BotW
>>
Anyone else not particularly hype for Xenoblade 2?

I'm not into the new art direction myself.
>>
>>15421414
I actually really like the cleaner art direction. It's generic, but much more consistent than what we had in the previous games.

What I don't like so far is... everything else. Now, they haven't shown much so far, but they also haven't really tried to show anything yet that makes it stand out from the previous games. It seems like the whole marketing line so far is "Hey! We're doing a game closer to the original Xenoblade's setting!".
>>
Trying to go through Xenoblade Chronicle on Dolphin right now
It feels like a chore to play and I'm only like 2 hours in trying to do the sidequests and shit
Should I keep going?
>>
>>15421490
Don't big yourself down the side quests or you'll never move on. Have you seen Guar Plains yet? For me that was when I fell in love with the game. Colony 6 quests should be done ASAP though.
>>
I own Xenoblade X but i still have not finished Chronicles im up to the last boss
can someone tell me if its worth finishing the boss fight or should i just start X?
also the reason i sold or my gems is because i wanted a challenge with the last boss since everything had been fairly easy up unit

>>15421490
Some of the side quest are simple fetch quest others you will feel more of a connection to i finished all of the side quest except one that i accidentally skipped
also i recommend staying away for searching for Xenoblade in YouTube you will find spoilers in titles and thumbnails
>>
>>15421490
Most side-quests in the original Xenoblade are rather pointless, and unlike in X the game doesn't make it obvious what's just a fetch quest and what has actual story events associated with it. If you aren't enjoying them, just focus on the main quest.

I did do almost all side-quests in the beginning, but only because I wanted to extend the playtime of the original trio before the actual plot begins.
>>
File: 1490207698615.jpg (94KB, 867x1193px)
1490207698615.jpg
94KB, 867x1193px
>cliffhanger ending
>>
>>15421414
I'm not hyped at all. I just couldn't get into XBC and its teenage drama. Also, no skells. I hope they'll revisit the XBX universe.
>>
>>15421596
Did that ever make me mad.
>>
File: Animelol.png (383KB, 803x403px)
Animelol.png
383KB, 803x403px
Love it. The world was fun to explore because of its amazing visuals and fluid movement. It was Breath of the Wild before Breath of the Wild in many ways. You can see some of the ideas that transferred over.

Game was my entire December. While it definitely has flaws, it also excels in a lot of places. The gameplay is a step up from XC. The OST outside of a few songs is great, felt like Sawano actually tried a little. The sidequests surprised me with how hilarious they were.

I can't express my disappointment when XC2 was released, especially after the stupid cliffhanger in XCX. XC ended perfectly fine. I feel like XC2 is a whiplash response from Takahashi due to the backlash XCX received from XC fans. I loved XC but I really feel like it didn't need to be expanded upon.

Also the artstyle is fucking awful. Literally your typical seasonal isekai anime. I'd take potato faces over this shit any day.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.