[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Space Opera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: space_pirate.jpg (173KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
space_pirate.jpg
173KB, 620x368px
I've been watching this, and, along with Space Battleship Yamato (which I managed to watch the first two parts of), it's really fucking slow and hard to slog through, even though I love it it's just, difficult

Should I just read the manga for things like this?
>>
>>15411128
Don't read the ones by Lazy Matsumoto. His manga are even worse than the anime.
>>
File: LM122.jpg (214KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
LM122.jpg
214KB, 800x600px
The Harlock manga ends at part 1 and Leiji never got around to writing it due to other priorities like Galaxy Express. I think it's better than the anime since Harlock isn't constantly bound to earth, though. The anime does give it the ending it was intended to have apparently so watch the anime and then read the manga.

Yamato's manga is finished at least.
>>
The anime is essential space opera
The manga is essentially trash
>>
>>15412172
It's quite good, actually. Especially if you wanted to see Harlock and Miime's relationship more fleshed out. The biggest problem with the anime is all the time spent on earth and Tochiro's annoying daughter. It adds extra motivation for Harlock protecting the earth but it isn't really needed.
>>
>>15411128
I found this pretty watchable, mostly because I found the 'everyone on Earth is in maximum denial' angle interesting, if a little ham-fisted.

I dropped 999 because nothing about it caught my interest, but I've only seen 3-4 eps, I'll try it again someday.
>>
File: starve.jpg (1MB, 1681x1200px) Image search: [Google]
starve.jpg
1MB, 1681x1200px
>>15412290
Read the manga of Galaxy Express or the movie version. For some reason Toei decided to make Tetsuro really fucking dumb and he constantly falls for the same bait. It's still a good show but if you marathon it you'll get pretty annoyed at his stupidity.
>>
File: lazyamato.png (1017KB, 1333x1062px) Image search: [Google]
lazyamato.png
1017KB, 1333x1062px
>>15411575
This. They're all left unfinished anyway because, you know, it's in his name. Also, they have confusing paneling and look like shit.
>>
>>15413177
It would probably help if you could actually read it, you sperg.
>>
File: cinematiclazy.png (630KB, 681x953px) Image search: [Google]
cinematiclazy.png
630KB, 681x953px
>>15412168
>The Harlock manga ends at part 1 and Leiji never got around to writing it due to other priorities like Galaxy Express.
Ohhh, Lazyfags, never change with your lame excuses. It's amusing to see you guys try so hard to defend this lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: harlock saga.jpg (317KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
harlock saga.jpg
317KB, 851x1200px
>>15413205
>Butthurt Ishinomorifag

Pretty sure that's from Harlock Saga, btw. The first 2 volumes of it are really good and have some fine mechanical designs. Thanks for shitting up another perfectly fine thread with your shit, though.
>>
>>15413222
>Doesn't know what assistants are for
>>
>>15411128
I bough the first volume of Queen Emeraldas and tried reading the first chapter of Queen Millennia, but I found it confusing and the art is hard to follow. I'd say you're better sticking with the anime.
>>
File: Harlock1_540.jpg (50KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Harlock1_540.jpg
50KB, 500x492px
Fuck you Matsumoto haters. You sound like the cunts in the NYC animation community.
>>
>>15413259
Ignore the the dago and his goons, you idiot
>>
File: miime.jpg (422KB, 1600x1214px) Image search: [Google]
miime.jpg
422KB, 1600x1214px
>>15413259
It's just one guy, most of the time the post number doesn't even go up and he pretends to be multiple people.

Did you hear about the new Harlock manga being released in English? Apparently it's not so much of a remake but kinda of its own thing where lots of other ships from his franchises show up (including G Yamato)

>>15413256
I just read it and I'm not sure what you found confusing unless you tried reading it in a Language you don't understand. It has some really great ship designs.
>>
>>15413471
>It's just one guy
At this point, I seriously doubt that. 9 people posted and only 3 had anything good to say not counting the ones responding to the shitposters. They're multiplying like plague.
>>
>>15413501
People have opinions. Whether they're holding those opinions legitimately or just for shits and giggles, who knows. Not like it matters either way.
>>
>>15413518
You can have an opinion without shit posting.
>>
>>15413543
Yeah, but where's the fun in that? There's also the fact that the difference between just posting your opinion and shitposting is an easy line to blur.
>>
>>15412399
>It's still a good show but if you marathon it you'll get pretty annoyed at his stupidity.
Not only this but there's obviously no series bible of any kind for the writers so a lot of the episodes openly contradict each other so it has pretty much negative continuity. The only thing they don't somehow fuck up is the fact that the train is, in fact, moving towards Andromeda.
>>
File: img000020.jpg (449KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
449KB, 824x1200px
>>15413994
Even the chapters based off ones in the manga seem to add onto the stories. Mostly with the Tetsuro being retarded part.

Pic related, the episode with the planet of mourning women, and that one with the giant man eating birds are my favorite.
>>
>>15413471
>Did you hear about the new Harlock manga being released in English?
Is that the one that they're doing in paperback alongside the Emeraldas hardcovers? I've been tempted to check them both out.
>>
>>15414388
The worst part of the anime is the complete lack of consistency regarding the railway company policy. There's one episode that makes a huge deal about them being responsible for the safety of the passengers so they send an armored train to blow up a planet because it's ruler has kidnapped Tetsuro and Maetel - which has never happened before and never happens again in the hundred other times they get kidnapped for more or less insidious purposes.

That and the way Tetsuro suddenly realizes he doesn't want to become a robot in the two-part finale. He's seen shit for over a hundred episodes and it takes a bunch of drunk androids to figure that out?
>>
>>15414396
Kodansha is publishing Queen Emeraldas, DMP is publishing the new Harlock manga.

>>15415262
Those problems happen so many times it's ridiculous. I guess you gotta bend some if you want to have a show running as long as possible.

Queen Millennia is my favorite of all the Toei shows. Usually we see things from the perspective of space but QM is mostly completely bound to earth and without those futuristic building designs.
>>
>>15416471
As much as I disliked the TV series, I'd probably still buy the DVDs if somebody released the whole thing using proper HD masters and not a straight up cruncyroll dump.

If for no other reason than it being seminal to my childhood.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.