[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree the worst thing about the second season, in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: 1491528797985.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491528797985.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
Can we all agree the worst thing about the second season, in a pile of awful things, was the conveniently ignored plot thread where the killer of a Mobile Armor becomes nobility in Gjallarhorn. That was the whole damn reason why Rustal sent Iok & Julietta to Mars - to prevent a neutral or opposing party killing it and gaining power within Gjallarhorn.
And then Mika still kills it. Rustal failed.
And then it never gets used.

Tekkadan doesn't gain a rank in Gjallarhorn. The whole reason why they intervened, just poof. No one ever mentions it again. Which sets things up that keeps them at a disadvantage as well as McGillis, lol.
>>
File: 54710124_p17.jpg (520KB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
54710124_p17.jpg
520KB, 1000x1422px
>>15410970
That would have been interesting to explore if Okada/Nagai hadn't been incompetant hacks who just wanted to glorify their favorite va/character at the expense of everything else.
>>
this. I knew I was forgetting something. And it's a shame too, since that arc was pretty good in comparison and seemed like it was building up to something later.
>>
The show went downhill since the MA arc
>>
>>15410970
That would have actually drastically changed the status quo that the rest of the show had, or at least the events leading up to it if the writing didn't railroad them into KINGS OF MARS.

Suddenly Mika is a big deal, suddenly it's the Eight Stars and Tekkadan is a big player in Gjallarhorn. They aren't fighting against The Man, they ARE The Man and the other families presumably don't want these smelly uchuu nezumi PMC fucks around.

Tekkadan joining McGillis then makes more sense because they actually know what they're getting into rather than Orga burning all of his bridges and charging blindly into a situation he didn't know the slightest thing about.

Probably could've been something interesting if the show had competent writing.
>>
>>15410970
If they acknowledged that fact, then they literally wouldve been KANGZ and that wouldve been the end of the show. Im sure Chocolate would definitely support their claim
>>
>>15410970
Its a defunct award from centuries past. It doesn't garuntee you nobility, its just garuntees you a medal. Rustal and crew just thought that McGillis wanted it to boost his reputation some more while the award itself is so old and out of date it didn't even cross McGillis's mind to go for it until Iok and Julietta started screaming about it and trying to get it for Rustal. Rustal himself doesn't seem to have given a shit about it either.

You don't magically become a noble with it anymore.
>>
>>15410997
Mika in Gallarhorn would have been really amusing. IBO is nothing but wasted potential.
>>
File: McGillisWolves.jpg (427KB, 1272x1438px) Image search: [Google]
McGillisWolves.jpg
427KB, 1272x1438px
>>15410970

It's supposed to be ostentatious. Mikazuki and Barbatos deserve to be Gjallarhorn royalty but they don't give a fuck about it.

Arianrhod never takes Tekkadan seriously until after Julietta sees him take down the Hashmal. Meanwhile McGillis just becomes more delusional due to seeing raw power being displayed to destroy demons of old.

They would never have been accepted into Gjallarhorn and they had no intention of following through with the reward, because they didn't even know it existed. It was only Rustal's group that had any intention of interjecting due to the slaying of a Mobile Armor, McGiillis simply wanted that thing dismantled before it became an actual problem.
>>
>>15410970
>Can we all agree the worst thing about the second season, in a pile of awful things, was the conveniently ignored plot thread where the killer of a Mobile Armor becomes nobility in Gjallarhorn. That was the whole damn reason why Rustal sent Iok & Julietta to Mars - to prevent a neutral or opposing party killing it and gaining power within Gjallarhorn.
>And then Mika still kills it. Rustal failed.
Really? I think you misinterpreted the whole thing because that never happened.
>>
>>15411153
I don't think you even become a noble by killing an MA and receiving a "Commission of the Seven Stars" or whatever you call it. OP made that shit up.
It's just a prestige boost if you're already a blueblood.
Nobody was even worried about Tekkadan killing the MA, Iok and Julietta came to Mars expressly to prohibit McGillis to gain more clout within the Seven Stars.
>>
>>15411169
>McGiillis simply wanted that thing dismantled before it became an actual problem.

And to probably have its empty shell propped up as a decoration in his backyard to gaze fondly at while stroking his book.
>>
>>15411196
i want a reboot. Like now.
>>
File: 1489596023109.jpg (87KB, 929x745px) Image search: [Google]
1489596023109.jpg
87KB, 929x745px
>>15411196
Oh McGillis, if only somebody had saved you when you were still a little boy.
You would have grown up to be a harmless history nerd, boring Gaelio with trivia.
>>
>>15410970
The Order of the Seven Stars was never McGillis' intention, and Tekkadan aren't part of Gjallarhorn so Mika being the one to kill it made the whole thing irrelevant since independent AV using Space Rat PMCs obviously have no place in Gjallahorn and cannot obtain medals from an order which they aren't a part of.

The whole "slayers of mobile armors get OOTSS" thing was speculative regardless on Rustal's part, it wasn't McGillis' plan and would in reality be like the whole Bael thing where it's an ancient tradition that doesn't really apply to modern Gjallarhorn.
>>
File: fc3d0925b17e1a81ffc474bd7b881aa4.png (637KB, 1700x856px) Image search: [Google]
fc3d0925b17e1a81ffc474bd7b881aa4.png
637KB, 1700x856px
>>15411196
I can already see it in front of me.
>>
File: CzKxYa2XEAUjrMz.jpg (164KB, 1200x826px) Image search: [Google]
CzKxYa2XEAUjrMz.jpg
164KB, 1200x826px
>>15411156
Mackie and Mika never teaming up with Bael and Barbatos is a crime.
>>
File: tumblr_o0hvp2uY6c1snbyiqo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0hvp2uY6c1snbyiqo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>just finished episode where Mika destroyed Mobile Armor
Wait, you mean this shit is literally just fucking filler?! I actually liked this part of season 2 and thought Mika slaying Mobile Armor is important
>>
>>15411368
Pretty much it is the first and last time the MA is mentioned.
>>
>>15411368
No it's pretty important to the development of the cast, and has a particularly big impact on Julietta and McGillis. It also provides some important exposition for the setting and establishes a few things that come up later. Very relevant to the trajectory of the show and an entertaining arc generally.

It just doesn't have much of an impact on the political situation of the show, or the power balance between the organisations involved. Though if you're actually understanding the plot unlike OP that's not really a big surprise.
>>
>>15411375
My favorite part was all of Idiok.

I should be hating his stupidity, but since everyone treats him like an idiot anyway he's just fun.
>>
>>15411384
Well you won't like him for long.
>>
>>15411384
I hated Iok when he was introduced, but now at the end of the show I can't imagine what S2 would have been like without him. What a great character, even if he was a fucking moron.
>>
>>15411392
>he cared much about the Turbines
I'm sorry but the fucking "we did it" make me chuckle.
>>15411384
I miss him, just was built for hate watching so people could cheer over a shit death, but his stupidity and brave nature made me like him
>>
>>15411368
It is important, its the catalyst for which mcgillis states ok time to make my move

>>15410970
Op you totally misunderstood what happened within that arc just like Iok
>>
>>15411368
It is with regards to the whole MA thing, or forcing Tekkadan to commit to McGillis
It's not in the case with McGillis, this triggered him into pushing into his plan of using MS Bael and attempting to overthrow Gjallarhorn through seeing Mika v Hashmal.
>>15411375
What was Julietta's development then? Was it just justifying why she decides to use the Julia?
>>
File: 4aebee46f6-1485307189391.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
4aebee46f6-1485307189391.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>15410970
I'm more upset that they introduced the concept of lost old Mobile Armors but only use them once and are never heard from again.

The MA filler only exists to create Barbatos Lupis Rex and nothing more.

IBO S2 is legit worse than 00 S2. At least 00 went somewhere.
>>
>>15410970
I assume it was probably to show that the current Gjallarhorn didn't really care about their traditions or customs. It's the same reason Bael meant jack shit.
>>
>>15411368
welcome to IBO, as that guy in jurassic park said "thats a big pile of shit"
>>
>>15410970

Do you seriously think they're going to make some asshole off the street a member of the nobility?

We've already seen what happens with Bael. When McGillis brings out Bael, the law of Gjallhorn says "Bend the knee." What actually happens is that they go "Naaahhhhh, man. Let's see you deal with Rustal first."

Rustal says, however, "Fuck that, here's Gaelio with a list of your crimes."

Gjallhorn doesn't bother to follow either the letter or the spirit of the law. Why is this so surprising? The guy who comes up on top is Rustal, who is entirely pragmatic and doesn't believe in outdated rules like "He who pilots Bael is Agni Ka reborn."

Besides, who's going to push for Mika to get a noble title? Is Iok going to do it? Is Rustal? Is Macky going to do it, and make himself look suspicious?

It's all swept under the rug, just as you'd expect. No-one particularly wants Mika to be a noble.
>>
>>15411956
That's because Rustal knew that you need an AV in order to pilot Bael, not just get in the cockpit and the Gundam will accept you ala-Unicorn style.
>>
File: 1489166561576.gif (42KB, 200x204px) Image search: [Google]
1489166561576.gif
42KB, 200x204px
>>15411375
>development of the cast
>>
It seems that season 2 was not originally planned and they lost direction of the plot
music, animation, sound sfx(really great job on this one because you could actually "feel" the impacts on combat scenes) were great

but plot wise they just lost it, they had no apparent path for the ending of it
killing of characters for no reason , others had plot Armour thick has hell, even the comic relief Iok was just mediocre and cringe inducing

G-reco should had 50 episodes( too much was crammed into it and left to explain, 50 episodes would fix this and greatly improve it.
And this one stayed at 25 and get a OVA has complementary
>>
>>15410970
Dude, everything about what happened after the MA was a mess. Just do what i do and pretend the last 6 episodes didnt happen.

Okada and Nagai screwed up what could of been a decent series and somehow got the protagonists mixed up with the villians and vice versa.

Mcgillis and Galio aside, Tekkadan deserved a more happier ending. Its just depressing to see the corrupt actually win and everything that happned after Bael was just unrealistic writing with so much ignored in unrealistic fashion or just random actions being done by characters that happen out of their character. No sense at all.

Just ignore the ending. the whole things needs a reboot, or a Gurren Lagaan treatment where they get a movie with a better ending.
>>
>>15414135
>animation
>great
Barely a step up by end of S2.
>Iok
>cringe
I'll fight you.
But yeah, direction just went all over the place.
>>15414556
The thing j don't get is why do they focus on Arianrhod if they fail to make them legitimately likeable or fleshed out and understandable? It's as if they were going to make them like every other one note villain in the show but the changes created a morally grey route which feels undeserving.
>>
Iron blooded oprhan's ending is similar to code geass
>>
>>15414135
>It seems that season 2 was not originally planned and they lost direction of the plot
Bullshit, somebody told me that IBO was split into two seasons because it was such a failure that they needed time to try to recoup their losses with other works.
>>
>>15411053
And this would make Mika a noble and so, more important for the story itself. Not just a weapon of Orga.
>>
>>15414636
Are you saying it would change Mika, or just his circumstances? Because I don't see Mika's nobility being anything other than a tool for Orga to use.
>>
>>15414657
At first yes, but if they killed Orga at that point, Mika would be forced to change.
>>
>>15410970
> giving a fuck about centuries old traditions
a bunch of plebeian orphans from mars were never going to become nobles no matter how many ancient evils they killed, pre-Rustal ghallahjorn was not meritocratic.
>>
>>15411184
Seven stars had the most MA kills.
>>
>>15414626

it has some similarities but execution on code geas was way way better
not to mention if the plot was done has half has good has code geas, there was way way less bitching around here
>>
>>15414622
its just my opinion i him cringe worth, absolutely mental at times
Fixation with rustal
His motivation on how you do things is the family moto even when you clearly see that if you do it shit will hit the fan
Pulled cheap and treacherous tactics, he even acknowledged it yet " yay i pulled bullshit and won let me suck your dick rustal sama"
His commanding decisions are mental(got my soldiers killed let me cry and do it again)
>>
>>15414622
>Iok
>not cringe
>>
There were far too many loose threads left unaddressed. Where did the mobile armors come from? What happened to that mysterious second gundam missing from the gjallarhorn hanger? Why did no one but Mika disable the limiter on their gundams? (yes he had three AV implants but Guts had two and Gaelio and Macky were using much more advanced and stable AV implants) Are there other MAs just lying around in a ditch on Mars and if so, isn't that a bit dangerous?

Not to mention showing Ride splintering off from Tekkadan in the end leaves the whole 'we're a family' code that Tekkadan had spent 50 episodes working towards as an unfinished story.
>>
>>15410970
>Can we all agree
hahahhahah NO
>>
>>15414966
All are bait for season 3.
>>
File: haro.png (2MB, 1696x942px) Image search: [Google]
haro.png
2MB, 1696x942px
>>15410970
>Can we all agree the worst thing about the second season, in a pile of awful things, was
ZACK KNEW THE SECRET OF HARO TECHNOLOGY THE ENTIRE TIME
>>
>>15414966
>What happened to that mysterious second gundam missing from the gjallarhorn hanger?

IBO Steel moon
>>
>>15410970
Seed and Destiny superior, Iron failure inferor. Fact of life.
>>
>>15423849
Maybe if Mika had a haro he would've turned out decent and survived.
>>
File: NO.jpg (30KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
30KB, 800x575px
>>15410970
>Can we all agree
>>
>>15423849
Those proportions!
>>
>>15411384
I have no problem with dumb characters but Okada used Iok way too many times as a plot device.

>hey Mari we need these things happening
>okay just toss Iok in!
>>
>>15424869
Lockon would say otherwise
>>
>>15425014
He wasn't needed with Turbines shit honestly.
Just seemed like a way to get fans to hate him than just having Jasley bring something else.
>>
>>15425193
The Turbines themselves weren't necessary.
>>
>>15425209
I was so happy when they died!
>>
Considering the 7 stars were all nobility and basically functioned as an aristocracy, I don't think they will let Mudblood Mika join their ranks, with or without an MA kill.

Rustal Elion knows that the 7 stars is an Aristocracy but you can see that he places merit and skill higher on his ladder than bloodlines or family ties. He instilled in Julietta these traits to groom her to take his place, but for her to even be able to get a seat on the 7 star council, he has to abolish the aristocratic system and replace it with his democracy (meritocracy, more like). Rustal Elion is a very forward thinking pragmatic man and a master strategist, so it's highly within his means to come up with such a plan and follow through
>>
>>15424869
>decent
But anon, decent ones die first.
>>
>>15425947
It suddenly makes sense why Iok lived so long.
>>
File: muh_type_e.png (147KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
muh_type_e.png
147KB, 500x270px
>>15414966
> Why did no one but Mika disable the limiter on their gundams?

Yeah, the ambiguity pissed me off too. Like they were all just too dumb or macho to ask Mika?

Though I think Gali/Ein did -- Kimaris had the double bleeding red eyes in the Mackie fight, and I think it killed Ein; we see Gali looking sadly into the blank AV screens after the fight.
>>
>>15410970
>Can we all agree
People can never agree on anything.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.