[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy fucks his mobile suits up too much to be an ace.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: latest[1].jpg (285KB, 1008x567px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
285KB, 1008x567px
>>
the only prerequisite is kills

there's ain't any nigga clause that says "get wrecked and we revoke your ace license"
>>
File: ?.jpg (75KB, 603x500px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
75KB, 603x500px
>>
>>15407149
Maintenance crew member detected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfkbO0JuU8
>>
>>15407169
I mean in 0079 fucking up your mobile suit had consequences and Amuro was constantly fretting about not getting mobile suit wrecked furing battle.

This guy fucks his mobile suit up almost completely every other battle.

The federation has money to just throw away on mobile suits at this point in history but damn. Shit is expensive, though.
>>
>>15407183
He's not a mobile suit is just a means to an end to him it's not his life like Io Fleming.
>>
>>15407194
A mobile suit is just a means to an end to him it's not his life like Io Flemming.
>>
File: kot.jpg (21KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
21KB, 400x323px
>>15407194
>>15407198
a-are you having a stroke?
>>
>>15407209
correcting a typo
>>
>Complaining because an ace fighting other aces doesn't flawless victory them.

Seriously? He got his MS messed up 3 times.

The first was the GM, and that was against an opponent who was picking off and slaughtering the whole squad.

The second was his first encounter with the enemies top sniper and ace, which he brought his suit back and it just needed some maintenance and resupply after being out for so long rather than it being outright wrecked or heavily damaged.

The third was a double KO where both high-end ace-piloted MS got wrecked.

In this second arc we will see that Io is actually a pretty damn skilled pilot even without the gundam. He kicks ass in a GM Kai against a group the gundam head special forces squad were having difficulty against.
>>
>>15407198
>it's not his life like Io Flemming.

A mobile suit isn't Io's life either. He gets a thrill out of piloting and the battlefield, but the individual MS themselves are not that important to him.
>>
WITH A FEDDIE YELL
>>
>>15407221
He isn't piloting the gundam in that fight becuase he wrecked it.
>>
>>15407149

To be honest, aren't they giving him what amounts to heavily armed junk and throwing him into combat situations where attrition is high anyway?

From what I've been gathering, it seems like they're just using him as a crash test dummy as the two Gundams he's been shown look more like prototypes and proof of concept.
>>
File: Erich_Hartmann.jpg (25KB, 200x288px) Image search: [Google]
Erich_Hartmann.jpg
25KB, 200x288px
>>15407149

1. Aces are strictly defined by having 5 kills.

2. No one will care how many planes you lose(within reason) as long as pilots are more valuble than planes and you keep taking down more planes than you lose
>>
File: 1339236158938.jpg (40KB, 350x523px) Image search: [Google]
1339236158938.jpg
40KB, 350x523px
>>15407149
He might be a Federation Dog, but bringing your mobile suit, plane, tank, car, bike in one piece was not a prerequisite for being called an ace.

To make this point /m/ related, this is Erica Hartmann, from the mecha musume series, Strike Wtiches. She was based off of the real World War II ace pilot Erich Hartmann. Who is considered to be the greatest ace to ever live with 352 confirmed aircraft kills. He was also forced to crash-land his fighter 14 times. It was never once because of enemy fire, it was either mechanical or his plane being damaged from the parts of enemy planes he just downed crashing into his plane.

So even the best ace has bad days. It doesn't help that Io is an adrenaline junkie who only feels alive when he's risking his life, so of course he's going to be extremely reckless to the point he'd lose his FAG to a Zaku
>>
File: Graham.png (945KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Graham.png
945KB, 1280x720px
>>15408768

>1. Aces are strictly defined by having 5 kills.

I wonder how Graham got his title of ace then.

In 00 I don't think he was even around for the last major conflict they had there, unless his kills came from skirmishes or combating terrorists.
>>
>>15407192
Thunderbolt isn't canon anon. Don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>15408808
"Voted most likely to get 5 kills when the HRL comes knocking"?
>>
>>15408808
Iirc Patrick was an Ace as well, with his "kills" coming entirely from simulators and mock battles.
>>
>>15407192
>Amuro was constantly fretting about not getting mobile suit wrecked furing battle.

Because it was irreplaceable for most of the show. Once GMs start existing he stops fretting about it, and he even uses the Gundam itself as an expendable weapon in the final battle.

Amuro destroys more feddie equipment than most zeeks do. Little bastard uses his hyper bazookas as bludgeoning weapons and breaks a shield practically every sortie, assuming he doesn't throw it at the enemy first. When he's not behind enemy lines Amuro considers everything expendable if it'll keep him alive.
>>
>>15408786
>Federation Dog
It's better to be a living dog than a gassed spacenoid.
>>
File: GaelioGundams.jpg (261KB, 1200x1125px) Image search: [Google]
GaelioGundams.jpg
261KB, 1200x1125px
>>15407149

He isn't the worst offender for it.

Gaelio is that rich kid celebrity who always gets tabloid segments in newspapers dedicated to how many sports cars he's crashed this or that month.
>>
Uso wrecked his suit all the time but he still got a ton of kills
>>
>>15408768
>1. Aces are strictly defined by having 5 kills.
Let's be real, this is a dumb metric. That means Amuro was an ace after being in the Gundam for a day or two.

>>15408808
>>15408827
Simulators and mock battles, yeah. It was in a mock battle where Graham pulled off a Graham Special and ended up killing his mentor.

AD must use different criteria for determining ace status, since Graham and Patrick are among the best of the best before ever getting a kill.
>>
>>15407149
He fucks up his enemies, survives the battle, and accomplishes his missions.
>>
what the fuck is Daryl's upgrade going to be?
>>
>>15409135
Which one is daryl again?
>>
>>15409145
peglegs
>>
File: uso_evin.jpg (63KB, 193x300px) Image search: [Google]
uso_evin.jpg
63KB, 193x300px
That's actually the reason I don't care for Uso's piloting. Always felt it was wasteful.
>>
>>15408885
>Let's be real, this is a dumb metric. That means Amuro was an ace after being in the Gundam for a day or two.
Is because life expectancy of pilots in both World Wars was pretty low, to be honest. For example, in WW1, RAF pilot life expectancy on the western front was of barely 11 days. While RAF pilots life expectancy in WW2, during the Battle of Britain, was up to something like four weeks or less. With the evolution of aerial warfare, it also become more and more difficult to make more kills, example: top score US pilot in Korea have 16 victories, while US top score pilot in Vietnam have 6 victories, and US top score pilot from the Gulf War have two victories.

Mecha shows generally extrapolates this kind of stuff, and make people think that is easy to score more than 10 kills in your combat life time.
>>
>>15408840
I hope he put the Kimaris on display after the show ended and never touched a mobile suit again
>>
>>15408840
To be fair he only totalled two (trooper and KV).
But how come he gets all the cool designs? I wanted McGillis to be forced to repaint Bael red.
>>
>>15409339
> I wanted McGillis to be forced to repaint Bael red.
Doubt that he would dare paint Bael. He was such a sucker for the founder guy, that he probably would thing that is sacrilege to modify Bael original appearance in any way.
>>
>>15409375
>would thing
I mean "think".
>>
>>15409375
>adds double sword anyway
>>
>>15409401
shame he didn't just BAEL KNUCKLE everything in his path
>>
>>15407149
So does Uso Ewin and everyone praises the shit out of that kid.
The point is that he kills a bogeys of people and gets shit done.
>>
>>15409692
it helps that the Victory-series is literally designed to be disposable
>>
This guy wants to fuck his mobile suits too much to be an ace.
>>
>>15408809
>animated by Sunrise
>not canon
Sure.
>>
>>15409765
>Only time Exia is seriously damaged is the final battle with the GN/Over-Flag fight at the end of season 1
>R1 Exia is a barely holding together ducktaped terminator murder machine kept in one coherent piece via gumption and sheer Gundam autism
>Only reason that got overwhelmed was because of its still damaged state and A-Law MS catching up to being superior in the four time skip
>Then when the 00 Raiser got damaged, it was an almost three on one fight with Ribbons in the Reborns taking out its leg before Hillings and Revive showed up in their custom Not-Gundam mobile suits
>Then after Reborns and 00 Raiser stalemate each other, fight continues in the 0 vs the R2 Exia
>With the Exia surviving even with the damage done by Ribbons to its arm and cockpit
Setsuna was pretty good.
>>
>>15408786
I fucking despise how Japan likes to moe-ify military stuff. Smells like propaganda desu
I wonder how pissed the descendents of this Erich would be if I found them and told them their name was being besmirched by pedoshit
>>
>>15409135
Acguy
>>
>>15408733
He's sent out to be a heroic martyr for the Moore Brotherhood. They expected him to die on the battlefield which would also relinquish his share of his late father's assets/power to his sister who runs a space construction/defense company
>>
File: Autism.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>15409823
>Official means canon meme
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (162KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
162KB, 720x480px
This guy trashed three state of the art gundams.
>>
File: 1341413994129.jpg (105KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1341413994129.jpg
105KB, 400x400px
>>15410042
>I know better then the company itself who have stated animated is the highest form of canon
Sure thing faggot.
>>
>>15410208
Thunderbolt is literally an Alternate Universal Century. The OYW doesn't end in a year in Thunderbolt.
>>
>>15408786
>this is Erica Hartmann

Because this matters in regards to what you're going to say.
>>
>>15407183
Against Amuro:
>Zaku
>Z'gok
>Gelgoog
>Zeong
Postwar:
>Hyaku Shiki
>Sazabi
Char spent the entire OYW feeding increasingly more advanced and expensive weapons to the Gundam.

>>15409135
A Zaku with even more shit strapped to it.

To which the federation responds by strapping a bunch of things to the Atlas.
>>
>>15410236
Go ahead and show me where that's stated for the anime. I'll wait.
>>
>>15410208
>animated is the highest form of canon
They didn't say that at all. They said that only what is animated is official. And while they've also stated that all Gundam timelines are in the same universe, just being animated does not necessarily mean something is canon to that universe. SD Gundam and Build Fighters, for exmple, or the alternate ending to Zeta seen in the A New Translation films.

The Thunderbolt *manga* is decidedly not canon to the UC timeline. The writer wanted to have the liberty to not stick to canon and stated that his work was not meant to fit into that timeline.

HOWEVER the anime has not gotten to the huge differences and might end up like Origin where the manga is an alternate timeline but the anime is tweaked to fit into UC canon. It's true that the anime has shown Thunderbolt variants of the Zaku and GM outside of the Thunderbolt Sector, but whether this is merely a stylistic choice or a subtle indication that the anime is not in the canon universe is really an extremely silly debate to even have.
>>
>>15410208
They never said canon numb nuts, they said it's only official if it's animated.
>>
>>15409145
Lt. Dan
>>
>>15409401

are you merely pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>15407232
lol he wrecked it fighting some gargantuan mobile armor underwater. It's not like he went out and got beaten by a Zaku. Pretty valid excuse desu senpai
>>
>>15410236
The way they explain it is that the war is officially over, but there are still Zeon remnants that are squatting in various places.
>>
>>15410324
Underrated post.
>>
>>15410304
>And while they've also stated that all Gundam timelines are in the same universe
See, this shit doesn't make any sense. Am I supposed to believe that somehow mankind is wiped out, starts over, develops the exact same mobile suits/countries/global alliances while the physics of the world radically change? Am I supposed to believe that the Turn A pops in every couple hundred millennia or so and while wiping out humanity again, makes the Minovsky reaction impossible, while promoting the use of GN Drives instead?
>>
>>15410236
>Thunderbolt is literally an Alternate Universal Century. The OYW doesn't end in a year in Thunderbolt.
>WWII never officially ended because there were various pockets of Waffen-SS resistance after the surrender.

Stop being stupid.
>>
>>15410260
>To which the federation responds by strapping a bunch of things to the Atlas.
>The "Arms Race" in Gundam Thunderbolt universe is literally the Federation and Zeon wrestling to see who can fit more arms on their mechas
>>
>>15409692
Victory series are mass produced almost.
>>
>>15410827
They're "within the same universe" in the idea that they are all different interpretations and records of a time period known as the black history. They aren't supposes to literally line up into one cohesive timeline.

Kind of like how all the macross series are supposed to be in-universe dramatizations.
>>
>>15410208
>>15410304
>>15410322
The line itself about animated = official was also in regards to MS designs, not actual series. With all the MSV, manga, game, and lineart only designs out there a fan at a Q&A wanted to know which designs were canon, and the response was that they think in terms of "official", not canon, and that anything pertaining to a ms in animated form is the official version of that design and trumps any material about it in other forms. So if a Dom variant's bazooka is mentioned to 5 shots in some side manga but then appears in some animated work where it has 6 shots, then the 6 shot Dom is the official version of it.

Has absolutely nothing to do with which series are canon or every side manga becoming UC official timeline once animated.
>>
>>15410304
Why are you comparing ANT with Thunderbolt? Thunderbolt doesn't even contradict later stories in UC, ANT does.
>>
>>15410036

I thought he wound up giving that to her anyway in exchange for something?
>>
File: touhouaaa.gif (1MB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
touhouaaa.gif
1MB, 200x163px
>>15407169
>working in the government to prevent terrorists hijacking planes and crashing them into shit
>new boss comes on the scene
>oh boy i wonder what his qualifications are
>Navy pilot
>okay how does shooting missiles at things three miles away qualify you to know how terrorists hijack 747s
>turns out Boss Man returned three jets to the taxpayers
>by which I mean he slammed two of them into the ground (and one into the ocean) in non-combat situations
>mfw I guess he knows a thing or two about plane crashes after all
>>
>>15410791
>The way they explain it is that the war is officially over, but there are still Zeon remnants that are squatting in various places.
...which is exactly how it is in UC proper, go figure.
>>
>>15407149

Mobile suits were built in mind that they wont last very long on the battlefield. The Russians in WWII had a similar mentality where they estimated a single T-34 tank would last on average of 5 days tops on the battlefield before being knocked out and irreparable. So a pilot coming back with a highly damaged mobile suit is a amazing feat of its own.
>>
>>15407149
Mobile suits don't have a good lifespam, not getting killed in a mission/operation is a impressive feat.

Io is an absolute beast in the battlefield and he gonna do everything to win, even if it means trashing his gundam.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.