[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wing and Seed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: thumbnail_2_faec374_v2.jpg (252KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_2_faec374_v2.jpg
252KB, 640x360px
>Wing is the most popular, or at least, well known Gundam in the west
>/m/ hates it.
>Seed is arguably the most popular Gundam in Japan, outside UC in general.
>/m/ hates it.

Is this just a 4chan contrarian thing? I know "x board hates everything" is something people love to say, but what is about these two shows in particular that makes you guys hate them? I know just because something is popular doesn't mean its good, but there's gotta be something that made these two huge hits.
>>
>>15406153
Personally, I find that there are things to enjoy and things to hate about both.
>>
>>15406153
No, SEED and Wing have legitimate problems that a nostalgia fag would never be able to see. SEED suffers from tryhard edginess, Jesus Yamato, and a shit load of flashbacks and reused animation. Wing is blatant fujoshit, MCs are boring and unlikeable, and the pacifist shit is reptitive. Personally I feel SEED is better than Wing and I'm from the West. But neither are as good as the UC and as for AUs, G Gundam will always be the best.
>>
>>15406153
/m/ hates every Gundam series except for the ones normal people dislike aka G-Reco and Turn A.
>>
>>15406153
Popularity is a poor indicator of quality.

Or do you think Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, or Keeping up with the Kardashians are high art?
>>
>>15406231
While true, the level of contrarianism that runs rampant on /m/ is something wholly different from that. It's like the posters here dont even watch mecha anime at all and just wait for someone outside this board to say they like or don't like something before taking the opposite stance and shoving it in everyone's face relentlessly.
>>
>>15406258
Show us on the gunpla where the /m/an touched you
>>
>>15406215

>and the fujoshit is better than most UC in general due to tominos eternal butthurt with bandai after zeta
>>
>>15406258
This is true, but you must be able to distinguish when people are being negative and excessively critical for the sake of it, or when they sincerely do dislike a work because of flaws they see in it. Both Wing and SEED have flaws, and depending on personal preference (and/or personal nostalgia) those flaws may or may not be enough to break it for you.
>>
The problem with Gundam Wing is that everyone is crazy: Hiiro is a stoic who wants to kill everyone, but for some reason keeps stopping right before he's about to kill Relina. Trowa is a stoic who wants to kill everyone, and then regrets it. Wufei is a stoic who wants to kill everyone in noble combat. Sechs switches from being reasonable to wanting to kill everyone. Quatre oscillates between wanting to kill no-one and wanting to kill everyone. Relina wants to kill no-one. The most reasonable, stable, and coherent person is Duo, who calls himself the "God of Death".
>>
>>15406290
It really isn't though. All UC is better than Wing.
>>
>>15406388
You forgot Treize. The man who accidentally killed the his own superiors when they decided peace was the correct choice. Granted, he didn't know they were gonna go that route, and he eventually got the rest of the world there anyway after a long bloody war.
He's the reason why Wing is better than SEED for me.
>>
>>15406388

Duo being the onle sane person in wing is teh same as Asuka in NGE

in a world full of autistic depressed dipshits she was the more "sane" along with the penguin
>>
>>15406498
So who's the penguin in Wing? Noin? Sally Po? The dude in the hawaiian shirt?
>>
>>15406219
Now you know that's not true. We hate G-Reco and Turn A as well.
>>
Wing has its problems, but first half is probably the best Gundam-material for me. Even better than X and Turn A.
2nd half was arguably really weak, but the first half (especially after Heero's suicide) was so good, that it manages to carry on both two final story arcs and EW.
Still, Relena was a legit eyesore throughout the whole series.
>>
>>15406215
Are you sure you are not mistaken SEED with Destiny?
>>
>>15406993

the entire female and support cast

because even the protagonists were reasonable enough to admit that they were CURAYZEE

in fact, wing is the only series where the protagonists admit that they are a bunch of crazy retards piloting giant machines of death and destruction

its the same as kamille finally admiting that he's autistic and needs help
>>
>>15412871
Kamille thought that since day one.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.