[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Mecha Anime Poll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 11

File: old meme.png (483KB, 661x524px) Image search: [Google]
old meme.png
483KB, 661x524px
Last thread pruned near the bottom, what's the worst mecha anime?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12674480
>>
>>15404712
Kys
>>
>>15404712
I did not expect Southern Cross to be so reviled here.
>>
>>15404712
where's G-Reco?
>>
File: thephonecallthatendedIBO.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thephonecallthatendedIBO.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
>There are people on this planet who hate gundam san
>>
>>15404806
It sucked almost as much as IBO
>>
>>15404812
I don't see how. It was decent slapstick. From what I've seen only the people that read the manga first hated it and even then it just seemed like a lot of elitists whining about it being a "travesty".
>>
>>15404712
Should've thrown in Zeta and G-Reco for maximum asshurt.
>>
>>15404712
>no Gundam Wing
Opinion discarded.
>>
>serial experiments lain
What the fuck?
>>
>>15404712
Cannot access by phone, how do I open the poll?
>>
>>15404712
If people think IBO is the worst mecha can get, they ain't seen nothing yet.
>>
>>15405701
I have seen "nothing" you're describing, this shit is bottom barrel.
>>
>>15404712
I'd like to make this very clear:

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut is the worst mecha anime of all time. None of the shows in this poll even come close to that level of stupid. Also, Megazone 23 Part III was really rough.
>>
Eureka Seven AO isn't on this list.
>>
>>15405984
Better than the first series, ANN.
>>
Looks like more people got to voting in the poll
>>
The Nadesico movie
>>
>>15404712
>none of the truly awful gundams
>no Garzey's Wing
>no G Dangaioh
>no Cybuster anime
>no Macross Frontier/Delta
>no Kannazuki no Miko
>despite all the meme entries, no Getter or Shin Flopzinger to troll the spics
Garbage tier poll, stop shilling it and end yourself.
>>
>>15407978
No just to spite you
>>
>>15407978
>spics
>this meme again
>>
>>15404712
>Worst mecha anime poll
>Doesn't mention even a third of the actual worst mecha anime

You suck.
>>
>>15404712
>hating on nunnally in wonderland which has no robots and is just a funny picture drama
Edgy as fuck.
>>
Why the hell is ANY Patlabor shows on this list?
>>
>>15408944
Because Ohta.
>>
This list is shit.
Where is AZ?
Where are all the REALLY bad titles?
Why do you put in a silly fanservice OVA for Geass?
>>
>>15408367
The whole poll is nothing but memes to begin with.
>>
>>15409021
AZ was awesome.
>>
File: 1429296273927.jpg (58KB, 259x274px) Image search: [Google]
1429296273927.jpg
58KB, 259x274px
>>15404712
Dual please stop.
>>
>>15409250
Put your trip back on Clawshrimpy
>>
>>15409256
No, that is VF-kun.
>>
>>15409260
No, it is clearly Black Knight.
>>
>>15409264
I would have guessed Lacus.
>>
>>15404712
>Patlabor TV
>Patlabor movie 1
>Patlabot OVA 1
Nigga I'll fight you.
>>
>>15407978
>no Gigantic Formula
>no Kikou Sennyo Rouran
>no Linebarrels of Iron (anime)

Polls not even trying.
>>
>>15409267
I thought it was Ruri
>>
>>15404712
where is zeta?
>>
File: duel_bingo_by_ebirah_scampi.jpg (306KB, 1057x967px) Image search: [Google]
duel_bingo_by_ebirah_scampi.jpg
306KB, 1057x967px
>>
>>15409652
No, this is Patrick.
>>
>>15409727
Oh great, sperglord started her period.
>>
>>15409727
>doesn't do half that shit anymore
>never even tried to organize a raid
>so desperate for spaces you resort to vague shit
>somehow my asexuality is worth mentioning but not my fanboyism over Thielva from Age

Ebirah Scampi, to quote Basara from Macross 7, "Try Again".
>>15410112
A /m/odest /m/an was a woman? Had me fooled.
>>
File: hKdOUL3.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hKdOUL3.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>Wizard Barristers isn't on the list

anybody else remember the I think it was 11th episode that was literally just 3-4 scenes jumping back and forth because they ran out of budget and couldn't even animate somebody getting shot?
>>
>>15404712
Half of these aren't even that bad, and a couple are pretty good. Shit-tier list.
>>
File: upset.gif (2MB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
upset.gif
2MB, 400x350px
>>15404712
>tfw I actually enjoyed Valvrave because I watched it with /a/
Don't think I'll ever re-watch it though.
At least some of the mecha looked cool
>>
>>15410337
>needing /a/ to enjoy it

Git gud scrub.
Really though my biggest issue with it on the second pass is
>all the BD episodes are subbed with gg memesubs because memers gotta meme
>>
>>15404712
>no getter robo
Shit poll tbqh
>>
>>15404712
>No zeta
What's the point if I can't answer honestly
>>
>>15404712
no Dunbine OVA
no IGLOO
no 08th Team
no X
no Turn A
no G-Reco
no Try
no 00 S2
no 0083
no Nadesico
no POD
no AO
no AGE
no L-Gaim
no ZZ
no F91
no Godannar
no 3.3
no Gargantia
no MJP
no Zeorymer
>>
File: Gundam Thinking.jpg (40KB, 353x357px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Thinking.jpg
40KB, 353x357px
>>15410393
no Gurren Lagann
no Comet Lucifer
no Shin Mazinger
no Getter Robo Armageddon
no GaoGaiGar
no G Gundam
no RahXephon
>>
Where's Zeta?
>>
>>15404712
>Worst Mecha Anime
IBO
>>
>>15410337
I rewatched it this week.

I think Valvrager actually made me enjoy it more.

The world is strange.
>>
File: 1412781706726.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1412781706726.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>>15414480
maybe that was his plan all along
>>
>>15414522
That thought disturbs me.
>>
>>15414480
>Valvrave
I think Valvrave is actually decent, since the creators were very much aware how campy their stuff was and instead trying to "fix" it, they ran with it.
>>
>>15417276
It's definitely not as bad as the memes would have you believe, but it's got some fundamental problems. I think the biggest is that they didn't have enough time to unpack the story, making the second half feel unsatisfying.

But I was also really struck by how much I liked the main Valvrave pilots as a group. There's actually a lot of interesting character interactions early in the show, and their victories are always hard-fought. You can feel they're hanging on by a thread the whole time - and eventually that thread breaks.
>>
>>15417276
It probably helps that it's directed by a guy who inserts a musical at the first chance he gets, because why not.
>>
>>15417276
>I think Valvrave is actually decent,
It's not. It's very bad.
>since the creators were very much aware how campy their stuff was and instead trying to "fix" it, they ran with it.
One, no they tried to take themselves completely seriously and two the 2nd season is them trying to fix it by attempting to string together the mountains of random plot points they made up as they went along in the first season.
>>
>>15404806
True men love the Z'Gok.
And Gundam-san.
>>
>>15417729
I feel the side story stuff actually helps to rectify a lot of that.
>>
>>15417729
>It's definitely not as bad as the memes would have you believe
You're right, it's worse.

>There's actually a lot of interesting character interactions early in the show,
They are all boring generic stereotypes that do nothing interesting.

>and their victories are always hard-fought. You can feel they're hanging on by a thread the whole time - and eventually that thread breaks.
Having Sue-Elf deus ex machina a win is not an earned victory.
>>
>>15417785
No it's really pointless and literally adds nothing.
>>
>>15417785
I don't really know anything about the side stories. I know there's the one about the two pseudo-Valvraves, but I have no idea what happens in it.
>>
>>15417804
Literally nothing.
>>
>>15417778
>>15417793
>>15417799
>>15417812

Valvrager please go.
>>
>>15417729
Valvrave has many, many problems: it is rapey, frequently exploitative in its depiction of violence, shoddily written, and patched together from ideas taken from anime tropes at large and from other mecha series, both good and bad. But its core problem, ultimately, is that it simply has no core. It is an empty shell of a series, and, in my opinion, an utter and complete waste of time as a result.
>>
>>15417804
There's more than just Undertaker.

There's one that's a collection of short stories about a bunch of different characters and the ones for the Valvrave team sans Haruto and Saki (whose stories are respectively focused on in the series and in a separate side story manga) are pretty nice.
>>
>>15405218
It was okay, even mediocre at times, but the ending totally shat on everything and made the audience look like an idiot for wasting their time.
>>
If you take Valvrave seriously, you should try to not do that.
>>
>>15417824
>There's one that's a collection of short stories about a bunch of different characters
Gag oneshots don't count
>and the ones for the Valvrave team sans
And they were both terrible.
>>
>>15417821
>THEMAnime
>>
>>15417828
They expected me to take it seriously so I am. And it's fucking horrible.
>>
>>15417821
>and patched together from ideas taken from anime tropes at large and from other mecha series, both good and bad.

This was something that really bothered me. There's a lot of homages to Macross and Gundam that don't seem to add anything and often get in the way of the story.

Haruto's dad is probably the worst example in my opinion.

>rapey

It was really off-putting the first time I watched it, to say the least. But on a rewatch I think, again, the problem was that they didn't have time to explore the implications and ending up leaving it by the wayside.

I don't think, however, that it needed to be avoided completely. There was a lot going on between Saki and Haruto that wasn't healthy, and they were maybe starting to address it - but then they had to go to Earth and swap bodies and a bunch of other shit. There was way too much competing for space, and it's only brought up again in a single line in the finale where Saki tells herself she was being an idiot.

>But its core problem, ultimately, is that it simply has no core.

I wouldn't agree with that, and instead would argue that the story tries to hard to make something of itself, and loses a lot in the process.

>>15417824
Undertaker and the Saki manga were the only ones I knew about. Are any of these in English?
>>
>make poll to not so stealthily justify shitting on Valvrave
>oh no people are voting for other shows, lemme just stuff the ballot a bit
>what's that my thread died? OK lemme make it again because clearly it is more important than anything else on this board
>what's this, people are actually showing a positive opinion of Valvrave? GREENTEXT EVERYTHING THEY SAY AND DISMISS IT BY INSINUATING THE EXACT OPPOSITE, YEAH THAT'LL SHOW THEM

The "shitposting baby steps featuring mod protection" starter pack.
>>
>>15404819
I just wish they would have put Garma space island or captain zaku in the show cause that was some of the best stuff in the manga
>>
File: the ride never ends.jpg (232KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
the ride never ends.jpg
232KB, 863x752px
>>15417853
And it's been happening with variable frequency basically since the show ended.

Obsession is a truly frightening thing.
>>
>>15417849
>I wouldn't agree with that, and instead would argue that the story tries to hard to make something of itself, and loses a lot in the process.
If you recall that season break interview the staff did confirm that there weren't making a cohesive show and just making up a bunch of random events regardless of how they fit together or made sense as long as they were shocking. So the show was made with no backbone or core story and literally made on "what a twist."
>>
>>15404712
That's the shittiest poll I've seen in a long time. Also you need to include EVERY robot anime on the list for it to be fair.
>>
>>15404806
The anime was shit. The manga was excellent.
>>
>>15417871
Wow, that's pretty terrible. Do you have a link to the interview?
>>
>>15417849
They kinda did address the stuff the episode after the rape.

Granted it was less about the rape and more about Saki realizing how Haruto wasn't joking when he saw his predicament as being a curse, and how her arc culminates in giving up on an opportunity to have Haruto all for herself like she wanted the moment she thought Shoko ate beam explosion because she realized she needs to earn that right for herself and not by abusing his nature as the nicest guy in space.

Also afaik everything but Undertaker and the LN serialization of the series should be available in English.
>>
File: vX9i6Le.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vX9i6Le.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
You know, Straight Title Robot Anime's OP skits were actually pretty funny.
>>
>>15417849
It absolutely needed to be addressed. Something as horrible and sensitive as rape should never be tossed by the way side like it was in vvv. I don’t give a shit if they didn't have time, you make time because of how sensitive rape id. But they never even intended becsuse Okouchi's commentary on the bluray literally says the rape was put in solely for shock value.
>>
>>15417882
>she realized she needs to earn that right for herself and not by abusing his nature as the nicest guy in space.
Is that why she tries to force herself on him when he clearly doesn't want it?
>>
>>15417877
You do realize you're not going to get a link from him because then you'd find out how he's grossly misrepresenting the information to promote his narrative, right?

Or are you going to believe me when I say that when Majestic Prince ended the staff disclosed that it was all just a tax shelter for Yakuza and the reason there hasn't been anything else beyond the movie is that they're all currently in witness protection?
>>
>>15417909
The link has been lost but it doesn't change that they said the show was not really made with a plan and more made so each episode focised on a "shocking twist."
>>
>>15417882
I agree that they were addressing it, but I think that thread wasn't really finished when they finally set it aside. It also rubbed me the wrong way that Saki being raped was leveraged more to show Haruto's pain than her own.

Saki was already an unhealthy person and emotionally manipulated Haruto repeatedly, and while she realizes this on her own as you said, I think there needed to be more tension between the two of them for me to be satisfied. Being raped leading to her questioning her own motives is... kind of fucked up, really.

I actually liked Haruto being an idiot and proposing - that probably should have been a springboard into something, but instead it's more of a conclusion.

>>15417896
This was genuinely how I felt the first time around, although I must admit I'm a little less bothered by it the second time. Seeing all the episodes back to back, they do start to address it, as the other guy said. But again, I don't think it's ever really concluded, and the effect it had on Saki is never really explored, and it's such a heavy think that it's really irresponsible to drop it like that.

The way I see it, it's less they didn't try at all and more they did try, but they fucked it. Which is better, but... not by much.
>>
>>15417908
She wanted the D since like the second half of the first episode.

Remember she joined Haruto in the cockpit early on just to suggest he tie down L-Elf's body before transferring back to his own. For no real reason but to be the star of the moment.

And yet she turns down a marriage proposal because she knows Haruto is only doing it to atone for assaulting her.
>>
>>15417909
You are one of those people who only watched valvrave after valvrager aren't you.
>>
>>15417896
Neck.
>>
>>15417921
>I actually liked Haruto being an idiot and proposing - that probably should have been a springboard into something, but instead it's more of a conclusion.
Because he never say her as anything more than a punishment for him.
>>
>>15417919
The actual statement was Okouchi saying he wrote it so that people would talk about each episode as it came.

The part about a lack of a plan is not in the interview.
>>
>>15417924
And in 13 she tries to force herself on him while he's clearly uncomfortable with the whole scenario.
>>
>>15417924
>Haruto is only doing it to atone for assaulting her.
More to punish himself.
>>
>>15417947
Because of the runes, though.
>>
>>15417942
It was included that the twists were more important and they made them up as they went along rather than being planned in advance, but I doubt you remember it.
>>
>>15417958
Runes weren't a thing yet. Her body language indicates she wanted sex and his indicates that he didn't.
>>
>>15417963
Clearly you remember wrong, it was that the show was planned as a seasonal experience / watch it as it airs.

You're putting words in people's mouths insinuating otherwise.
>>
>>15417896
Even more horrible than murder, or having your country invaded and occupied, or seeing your fellow students killed in front of you?
>>
>>15409210
(you)
>>
>>15417882
Not rape, sexual assault.
>>
>>15404712
Oh wow we got to over 200!
>>
>>15417829
Or gagfag fetish scenes. I swear episode 7 let a djinnie out of the bottle.
>>
>>15417853
OP here, if any anime deserves ballot stuff it is Infinite Ryshitius.
>>
>>15404712
Bwahahaha! Active Raid got a dozen votes!
>>
>>15419577
Good to see ARfags have no leg to stand on.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12716654

CE haters are desperate.
>>
>>15404712
>People actually voting for IBO
Newfags or summerfags?
>>
>>15421953
Or maybe it is the worst entry in the entire franchise and elites/sheeple morons need to get over themselves.
>>
>>15404712
Why does this image for a 2013 Anime look like it was made in 2007?
>>
>>15423440
It's not worse than AGE, Destiny or G-reco.
>>
>>15423515
Except it is, fake fan. Turn in your gundam card.
>>
>>15423490
It's that bad.
>>
OMG!

IBO is tha worst!

OMG!

I'M SO HAPPY I DON'T HAVE TO WAKE UP EARLY AND WATCH IT EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I ALSO HATED COMPLAINING ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE WEEK

OMG!
>>
>Fukuda shills do it FOR FREE

no wonder the jannies support them.
>>
>>15404712
Knights of Sidonia. Couldn't even make it through the first episode of that ugly ass shit. Generic as fuck and with a hideous combination of CGI characters and hand drawn backgrounds.
>>
No "Captain Earth"

fuck off
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.