[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /m/'s consensus on the casshan series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (46KB, 315x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 315x431px
What's /m/'s consensus on the casshan series?
>>
The 30 second Toonami OP edit was better than the original
>>
>>15403006
>What's /m/'s consensus on the casshan series?

If the the 197x tv show had been as well animated as the opening it would have been great even after 40 years. But today, Casshan is just meh. The 1990s ova did something good. The tv remake was Saint Seiya for autists and therefore useless and should never again be spoken of. As for the live action film (Japanese made, directed and produced) lets forget it ever got made.
>>
File: csep27.jpg (23KB, 699x396px) Image search: [Google]
csep27.jpg
23KB, 699x396px
>>15403006
he is edible I guess
>>
Original show is pretty good as was standard for Tatsunoko.
90s OVA doesn't have a whole lot of substance but is fun.
Sins is melodramatic as fuck, but good if you're in the mood for something like that.
>>
>>15403006
The original was great but the animation is kinda bad (even for the time), the 90s OVA is fun to watch but emphasizes style over substance & Casshern Sins is probably my personal favorite but a tad bit melodramatic which may not be for everyone.
>>
>>15403006
Agreeing on the 90s OVA being very cool, check it out if you're curious about some Casshan
>>
>>15403006
Shit just like everything else from its era
>>
>>15403006
The original was dark comic book style pulp and an anime classic. Robot Hunter was a worthy retelling OVA. The live action movie was very dramatic and entertaining. Sins was horrible and had very little going for it regardless of the changes to the source material
>>
>>15403049
What was so bad about Sins? The writing was damn good and the choreography was elegant as fuck. It was like watching robot ballerinas tear each other up.
>>
>>15403143
You have to be at least 18 to post on here, kid.
>>
>>15403025
Toonami can make any anime/show hype as fuck with their bumps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIYK2h9T8Q
>>
>>15403006
boring and gay but still better than G recunt
>>
File: 142730_front.jpg (107KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
142730_front.jpg
107KB, 640x906px
Original: Didn't watch it but the opening is godlike

90s OVA: Boring

Movie: Pace all over the place, sometimes it gets hard to follow, good atmosphere though. I guess is good if you have a couple of hours to burn and don't want to think too hard about what you are watching.

Sins: I liked it a lot but I know is not for everyone. It has good action, but is scattered between a lot of philosophical nonsense and sometimes over-exaggerated drama. If you are in the mood and take it slow it works pretty well.

Also thanks to Casshern we got Vanquish, the best totally-not-casshern vidya and also the best TPS ever imo.
>>
>>15403006
First 13 episodes are fantastic and well directed. Everything after is still fun but the ending is kinda weak
>>
>>15403006
The design is much better than any of the shows and what really help it stand the test of time.

He lacks a quintessential show, all of them come with a big but. Platinum should just make a game with him and then that would be what everyone points to.
>>
>>15403784
You forgot that Platinum did MGR as well, for totally-not-Casshern. You can even argue that Armstrong is the Braiking Boss analogue.
>>
File: mgr-dog.jpg (502KB, 715x960px) Image search: [Google]
mgr-dog.jpg
502KB, 715x960px
>>15404044
You could pretty much give any of these old 70s/80s franchises to platinum. They are obviously fans of all them
>>
>>15403155
>The writing was damn good
No it really wasn't. It took the ideas of the original Cashaan and dumbed it the fuck down. It also made it more formulaic than the original because every episode was the same thing. Cashaan finds robot > KILL CASHAAN > he doesn't want to fight but he must > he kills literally everything > broods about how his life is suffering > credits.

>and the choreography was elegant as fuck.
It can be nice to look at but things start to feel weightless as time goes on and the impact of fight scenes starts dropping. Cashaan Sins feels like a music video they stretched into a series and put bad dialogue instead of the buttrock that should have accompanied these visuals.
>>
File: IMG_20170303_003550.jpg (203KB, 1796x989px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170303_003550.jpg
203KB, 1796x989px
best boy coming through
>>
Original had very good aesthetics and story but the animation and stock footage make it such a slog to watch.
Also bonus points for having a Tomino directed episode where a happy mom and kid living in a cute house by a river mill get exploded to shit for shock value.
>>
>>15404214
is this Heartcatch precure?
>>
>>15403006
>>15404057
Okay, so I wasn't the only one who was seeing that.
>>
>>15404252
It's pretty deliberate, dude. Bladewolf is very clearly an homage to friender.
>>
I really fucking hated the one done in precure and omega style
Fucking gay as fuck and just has him moping around saying the same trash every episode
>>
>>15403006
Go! Friender! Go out and zap to the extreme!
>>
>>15403006
Couldn't Casshern take a bunch of his hairs from his head, feed them to the robots that were slowly dying from the ruin, regenerate the lost hairs and then repeat the process all over again to solve the ruin?
>>
>>15405052
No, the Eagles were afraid of the Fell-Beasts.
>>
KILL CASSHERN

DEVOUR CASSHERN
>>
>>15404993
This is probably the most complex criticism of the show I've ever seen
>>
]What's /m/'s take on the live-action Casshern movie? I totally forgot I had a copy that hasn't been watched since maybe 2008 and plan to watch it sometime this weekend.
>>
KUDAKE CASSHAN

>>15407417
It's shit and a total mess, but you can tell that they at least tried. The dubs of truth have spoken.
>>
>>15403006
I liked Sins. Flawed like Ergo proxy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.