[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANN pans Nadesico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Nadesico.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nadesico.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/martian-successor-nadesico/blu-ray-complete-collection/.114355

>Grade:
>Overall (dub) : C
>Overall (sub) : C
>Story : D+
>Animation : B+
>Art : B
>Music : A
>>
>>15401231

We get it, ANN can't save themselves when it comes to mecha series (except for Eva of course for which they have an unjustified eternal hard-on).
Dude forget what they say, how they rank mecha shows, because when it comes to mecha anime they are incompetent.
>>
>>15401231
>ANN is a single person
>Wah someone doesn't like a show I like

also
>Zac Bertschy
Yeah give the biggest attention whore in the industry more attention. Seriously stop
>>
>>15401231
I think that the ANN reviewer is just using /m/ to shill her site for views.
Not that their opinon matters anyway
>>
While I usually don't agree I agree in this case. Can't imagine why anyone would think Nadesico had a good story.
>>
>>15401570
I don't think anyone would insist that Nadesico had a particularly good story.
>>
>>15401231
Why do people even post ANN nonsense? Who cares what they think?
>>
>>15401583
>people
It's, like, one person.
>>
>>15401588
I assume every post is made by a different person. There are so many people in this world that this has to be the case.
>>
>>15401588
Not to mention people are even disputing the review/disagreeing in the comments.

But yeah, this does nothing.
>>
>>15401604
How many people do you think come here regularly?
>>
>>15401621
Let's see... We'll assume children aren't on here, let's cut off 20% of the world's population with that. Let's say 50% of all men and 45% of all women love giant robots. 80% of those regularly use the internet, let's say 1/5th uses 4chan. 7.5 billion people in the world. North Korea doesn't have internet, so that's 25 million (minus the children we already accounted for).

I estimate it to 456 million people.
>>
>>15401645
That figure seems to fit more with 4chan users in general than just /m/. Then, reduce the number again to account for just lurkers and/or silent majority.
>>
>>15401231
>tfw ANN of all places rates something /m/ too highly
>>
>posting ANN
Remember to do your part.

>>15401645
I asked a mod last year, and /m/ has around 12,000 to 15,000 people in its monthly user base.
>>
File: IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING GAME.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING GAME.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>15401231
>story: D+
>>
>>15401588
I am usually the guy that makes the topics and OP is copying me. Not offended since I am glad I amnot alone in pointing our their hypocrisy.
>>
>>15401231
More bad math from these guys
>>
Nadesico was objectively bad, I don't care if it's a parody
>>
>>15401570
>>15401576

There's quite a lot of people on /m/ who insist that Nadesico is awesome, presumably including the OP. It used to be you would get shouted down if you thought it was shitty, and even today you'll still get that a lot.
>>
>>15402725
I love it, but I'm not going to waste time defending the story on a comedy. That's as silly as some of the episodes.

What I still don't understand is why someone who claims to hate ANN is giving it hits and making them money.
>>
>>15402570
Chances are good that that has decreased, but does it take into account duplicates?
>>
>>15402769
>does it take into account duplicates?
I don't believe so.
>>
>>15402736
>reading the review
>not just looking at the grades in greentext
You fucked up senpai, we know you're an ANN shill now
>>
I made the mistake of clicking on the forum discussion for the review.

They turned it into an Eva-wank thread within a few posts.
>>
>>15402725
You're thinking ConRevo and Patlabor fanatics.
>>
>>15403176
More like fanatics of anything, really. Part of what makes them fanatics.
>>
>>15401257
>When it comes to mecha anime they are incompetent

I mostly agree with this statement, ANN doesn't give good reviews to mecha shows. HOWEVER, I will not deny that one of their reviewers, Mike Toole, has some kickass taste in /m/ shows.

I mean KICKASS.

The dude loves Kotetsushin Jeeg, Dancouga, Mazinkaiser SKL, Machine Robo, Dangaioh (But not so much G-Dangaioh), Getter Robo, AND Kikaider the Animation. He also has a good article on the Super Robot Wars OGs. It almost makes you wonder if he's FROM /m/...
>>
>>15401231
Huh. I liked the show but
>>Animation : B+
That was one aspect I thought was pretty sub par for the show. I remember being really disappointing at how unimpressive the animation was for the gekiganger majin machines was. They were the big threat the story culminated to, and they just kind of float around, staying still.
>>
>>15403734
Mike Toole is the only reason one would even want to visit ANN.
>>
No SJW crap in it so it does not belong to ANN standards.
>>
>>15402725
good story=/=good show
Nadesico is good not because of it's story but because it's a good self-aware parody of the genre that provides thoughtful commentary on many of the genre cliches and conventions. It was vastly successful back in the 90's because mecha as still wildly popular then but right now it's not very likely that people outside of /m/ would appreciate it that much.
>>
>>15403734
Not sure I would call that "Kickass taste", most of those are mid-to-bad in my humble opinion.
>>
>>15403949
Personally I thought the parody was shitty and the characters were intensely annoying rather than funny. I can see why other people would love it, but I can't stand it.

It doesn't help that when I first showed up on /m/, about nine years ago now, people would talk it up in a way that completely misrepresented what kind of show it was.
>>
>>15403949
>it's a good self-aware parody of the genre that provides thoughtful commentary on many of the genre cliches and conventions

That's a blatant lie and you know it.
>>
Mike Toole is just about the only good one in the bunch.

For years Zac has come across as some jaded fan that thinks they are too cool for anime now and have to talk down everything as if that gives some weight to his opinion; barring the one or two "darlings" of each season they want to push.
>>
>>15402930
That's because ann posters are mature people who only watch mature anime
>>
>>15403745
I thought that was the point? They're extremely strong robots with ridiculous weapons, to the point they don't seem to consider mobility.
>>
>>15405968
Am I not wrong assume you protest the implication that it was good at doing the things I listed, not that it did them at all. In this case, yes. People who like it, like it for being a good parody. People who dislike it, dislike it for failing to be a good parody. If you dislike it for failing to have a good story you are doing it wrong. Is that more acceptable?
>>
>>15406106
>That's because ann posters are mature people who only watch mature anime

Well then they're in for a shock : anime is not aimed at mature audiences. Let that sink in, and hope they won't collectively suicide upon learning this eternal truth.
>>
>>15401231
>ANN pans Nadesico
>so /m/ all claims it's the greatest thing ever despite being ambivalent about the show at best because they're mindless, habitual contrarians.
>>
>>15403734
>But not so much G-Dangaioh
Well yeah no shit G-Dangaioh is pure garbage.
>>
>>15403734
Sounds like a tool
>>
>>15407569
Because it's ANN. Regardless of whether the show sucks or not, they instinctively think ANN reviewing it makes it better. When in reality, it's usually not the case.
>>
>>15403734
I've been on panels with Toilet, he's a pretty cool guy that knows his shit when it comes to anime.
>>
>>15407803
>Toilet
Fucking autocorrect, I meant Toole
>>
>2017
>Still getting upset at anything Zac says

He's pulled this contrarian/political soapboxing shit since the mid-90s with his reviews. It's not even worth it anymore
>>
why does /m/ care about ANN so much? not even /a/ or reddit ever even mentions them
>>
>>15407895
>why does /m/ care about ANN so much?

We don't it's just one mad autist who I'm starting to suspect is the one writing these reviews and hopes to get angry clicks.
>>
>>15401231
Does this anime worth of watching ?
>>
>>15408300
Only if you are autist
>>
>>15408300
>Does this anime worth of watching ?

Is it worth watching ? Lets put it this way, if you enjoyed Irresponsable Captain Taylor you'll have no problem with Nadesico.
Of course a good dub also helps, so I'm not so sure the english dub is really good. The spanish and italian dubs are great though.
This is the kind of anime you don't want to go through reading subtitles, it takes away all the fun.
>>
>>15407588
you spelled awesome wrong
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.