[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the hype.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (63KB, 341x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 341x431px
I don't get the hype.
>>
>>15400533
Good, it means you're not a Mexican.
>>
>>15400533
The original manga and G are arguably not very good. But it gets great once you make past it.
>>
>>15400555
I thought the original manga was pretty good. G was a lot weaker overall, but the ending is my favorite part of the whole saga.
>>
>>15400565
The original ending for G was really weak, Ishikawa had to add a lot of extra scenes to make it work in the Saga edition. I found the original series really inconsistent as a whole and full of weird characterizations like the characters would change personality for no reason from one chapter to another.
>>
>xpearse thread
>>
>>15400587
It's probably due to the time constraint they were under. They needed to run alongside the TV series and end with it.

Getter Go too only got good(all the CURAHYZEE stuff) when Ishikawa decided he could continue drawing even after the TV series ended.
>>
>>15400587
>The original ending for G was really weak, Ishikawa had to add a lot of extra scenes to make it work in the Saga edition
All he did was add a battle against Raouki.
>full of weird characterizations like the characters would change personality for no reason from one chapter to another.
That never happened.
>>
>>15400606
>It's probably due to the time constraint they were under. They needed to run alongside the TV series and end with it.
The Shonen Sunday manga ended long before the TV series.
>>
>>15400533
What have you watched/read? It might just not be for you.

>>15400587
>characters would change personality for no reason from one chapter to another.
What in the hell are you talking about? When does that ever happen?
>>
>>15400622
>What in the hell are you talking about? When does that ever happen?
Saotome, Hayato and even Ryoma. All of them were considerably toned down as the series went along. By the point they reach G, it's like they're acting the same as the TV versions.
>>
File: 1491055520037.png (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491055520037.png
7KB, 150x150px
>>15401617
That's not true in the slightest. Hayato trusted his team way more in G, we begin to see how misanthropic Saotome, and Ryoma shows his true violent side while also becoming more suited to be called the leader. Toei Getter Hayato is the cool aloof one, Saotome is basically the professor in Mazinger, and Ryoma is just a basic lead pilot who is just exceptionally bold and proactive.

Are you the same guy who tried to once claim it made no sense that Hayato changed from being a terrorist and that they "never mention it" even though the first storyline in G focused on exactly that? Because if so then shut up, ugly.
>>
>>15400533
Basically this >>15400541
>>
>>15401617
What? That's a load of bullshit. I'm pretty sure you're just here to troll.
>>
>>15400541
>>15401661
Nice false flag Pablo. Everyone knows getter robo is for white people only. Hopefully your ass will be deported soon.
>>
I watched Armageddon and it was retarded and cringy. You must have autism to enjoy it.
>>
What exactly is so good about Getter shows?

All of them seem to be infantile in storytelling and delivery and the characters are onedimensional.
>>
>>15401963
The robot is cool
>>
>>15400601
This.
>>
>>15401855
But I don't like Getter tho ;^)
>>
>>15401963
>All of them seem to be infantile in storytelling and delivery and the characters are onedimensional.

You need to give examples to back up this claim to prove to aren't a shitposter. We then point out your generalizations are obvious bait and you clearly haven't even fully exposed yourself to the source material and just are fishing for reactions. You suddenly stop posting until some time has gone by and you make further vague statements or call people spics. Yadda yadda yadda, have we not done this song and dance enough already? With SEVERAL different shows?
>>
>>15401630
>>15401701
>>15400607
That's why it's impossible to have a rational discussion with Getterfags. They're hopeless.
>>
File: 1490978950173.png (22KB, 215x301px) Image search: [Google]
1490978950173.png
22KB, 215x301px
Yeah because they deal with facts so your wild accusations conflict with that making it not conducive to a rational discussion. That was so lazy you don't even deserve a (you).
>>
>>15402281
NO TEH GETTERFAGS ARE HOPELESS ITS A SHIT SERIES WITH INFANTILE WRITING AND THE CHARACTERS ARE DIFFERENT EVERY PAGE DONT YOU BELIEV ME FUCKING GETTERFAG CANCER YOURE THE WORST FANBASE
>>
>>15402281
>>15402305
Just admit you can't handle any criticism to your half-assed juvenile manga. You're not able to convince anyone Getter is well written either. It's a bunch of random ideas tossed around with no consequences and it's pretty obvious Ishikawa was making up stuff as he went along. It's nothing but hot-blooded shanenigans with over the top crude art and nothing else. There's very little substance in the original Getter Robo. It's fun, but that's about it. It would be long forgotten if not for Super Robot Wars and Ishikawa deciding to include Getter Go into the same continuity.
>>
Alright buckaroo, let's play this game. Back anything you said. Back how it's "infantile", that it's randomly thrown together, that it's poorly written, or any wild accusation you made. Until then you're not getting a (You) or even a bump. At this point these threads have just devolved into you throwing a tantrum.

Either provide evidence or accept that people call you a shitposter when you do these things. This goes for when you do this with ANY franchise not just Getter. You are making it too obvious at this point you haven't seen most of the series you shitpost about.
>>
>this thread
>again
When will people learn to ignore other people who are purposely being inflammatory with their opinions, and vice versa?
>>
>xpearse
sage, report and hide
>>
I bet this xpearse guy didn't even posted on this thread. You guys are way too insecure about your own tastes. Grow up.
>>
>>15402696
Nice try, xpearse.
>>
>>15402696
>Grow up
>he says on a board comprised solely of manchildren, of which he is one
You're not too bad as a comedian.
>>
>>15400587
>The original ending for G was really weak, Ishikawa had to add a lot of extra scenes to make it work in the Saga edition. I found the original series really inconsistent as a whole and full of weird characterizations like the characters would change personality for no reason from one chapter to another.
I agree.

I thought Go was excellent, and basically did the original and G better. The ending was especially far more satisfying than anything in the earlier mangas.
>>
>>15402828
You are partially incorrect.
>>
>>15401630
>That's not true in the slightest. Hayato trusted his team way more in G, we begin to see how misanthropic Saotome, and Ryoma shows his true violent side while also becoming more suited to be called the leader.
Saotome and Ryoma are both far less misanthropic and violent (respectively) by the end of G than they were at the beginning.
>>
>>15402828
>>15402837
Finally, someone with good sense.
>>
>>15402828
You say that but Go had a great ending overall that's got some extremely iconic imagery. Discounting the endings of the first two is going kinda far since the original ending is extremely well done and G was a solid, albeit a bit abrupt ending. All have fine endings, even the cliffhanger that Arc ended on was pretty good.

Also Go tells an entirely different kinds of story than the first two with a more earth defense force dynamic and establishing Earth is losing a war, rather than just an all out brawl between Getter team and their enemy for who gets to call Earth their home.

>>15402837
>Saotome and Ryoma are both far less misanthropic and violent (respectively) by the end of G than they were at the beginning
In what way? Interpersonal stuff starts dropping in G and they are mainly just focused on the mission at hand. Saotome is very cold in his decisions and it's starting to come across that he wants to win might be his goal more so than protecting earth, wanting to take out anyone with I'll intent, which plants the seed of his character change in Shin. G if I remember correctly also has the scene where Saotome goes to some scientist event and they start addressing he is a social recluse and only his children make him interact with the outside world. Ryoma starts getting more wild in his violence when piloting and when he finds out what the Atlanteans are doing he wants to obliterate them.

I think G is probably the weakest of the saga, but not for any of the reasons being thrown around in this thread.
>>
>>15402865
Shitposters who blatantly lie don't make good sense, retard.
>>
File: GETTAH TOMAHAWK!.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GETTAH TOMAHAWK!.webm
3MB, 640x480px
It has hype moments and mech design is pretty good for the most part. Shin Getter is one of my favorite Super Robots
>>
File: GR Go Vol 7 pg 134.png (262KB, 812x1300px) Image search: [Google]
GR Go Vol 7 pg 134.png
262KB, 812x1300px
>>15401963
>What exactly is so good about Getter shows?

>All of them seem to be infantile in storytelling and delivery and the characters are onedimensional.
Honestly, there's nothing particular notable about the earlier Getter shows or manga until the manga version of Getter Robo Go.

Getter Robo Go is a fascinating chimera of a story. It is, at times, every bit the "half-assed juvenile manga" that posters will claim it is.

It is also a series where the toughest, most comically masculine protagonists, save the day by submitting to a higher power.

It's a series where the bad guy for most the series is the most stereotypical evil scientist that ever controlled a cyborg/robot army from his base at the north pole.

It later condemns that man as a fool and has him killed by the demonic forces beneath the earth he made a pact with. (The Dinosaur Empire from the 70s manga.)

It then goes on to say that the Dinosaur Empire's grievances are actually genuine! And that, rather than being nonhuman others (as in the original manga), that they are actually "the same as us humans."

On the whole, Getter Robo Go is a comically violent and juvenile manga that posits that even demonic murderous dinosaurs deserve compassion and that faith can bring us peace on Earth.

It's an astonishingly bizarre piece of literature and I think it's absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>15402908
>they don't agree with
>they're shitposters.
Thanks for proving my point, getterfag.
>>
>>15402925
The legitimacy of the claims that Gore and Burai have has been evident since the first two series. Gore brought up the fact that reptiles ruled the earth first, Burai makes the argument the strong should rule the weak and Demons are physically stronger than humans since they are a hybrid of man and machine. Go proceeded to put more of a spin on it by elaborating on that theme and delving deeper into it along with the theme that Getter might not be a Savior and in fact exists in a moral grey area.

Getter being something that can save us or kill us was inspired by Mazinger and is the reason Getter 1 has horns and is meant to resemble a devil/oni. However instead of a choice to be good or evil, Getter has a will of its own and guides humanity rather than the other way around.

I don't get what makes you say it's particularly juvenile outside of some comic relief. Themes and ideas in Getter have existed since the first manga, they didn't pop up in Shin or Go they just took more of a back seat to the conflict. I think when those themes come to the forefront are the best points in the series and focusing solely on the conflict, an issue that G had more than the original but both share, holds the series back. The characters in Getter are pretty strong in their characterizations and interactions, not Michiru or Genki, so there was always a level of substance even when it was a more simplistic story.
>>
>>15402961
Try harder. You're reading way too much into simple stuff. Save this bullshit for a fanfic or headcanon, because they only exist inside your mind.
>>
File: GR Go Vol 7 pg 142.png (236KB, 814x1300px) Image search: [Google]
GR Go Vol 7 pg 142.png
236KB, 814x1300px
>>15402961
>The legitimacy of the claims that Gore and Burai have has been evident since the first two series. Gore brought up the fact that reptiles ruled the earth first, Burai makes the argument the strong should rule the weak and Demons are physically stronger than humans since they are a hybrid of man and machine. Go proceeded to put more of a spin on it by elaborating on that theme and delving deeper into it along with the theme that Getter might not be a Savior and in fact exists in a moral grey area.
Getter Robo and Getter Robo G both frame Gore and the Dinosaur Empire as enemies that are to be destroyed, and rightly so.

Getter Robo Go, however, pointed does not destroy Gore's successor. It takes her and her army into itself, just as it does it own human pilots. It's a direct refutation of the original manga.

The character who fills Burai's role (in that he's a human who's advanced himself with non-human technology and had megalomaniacal plans of world conquest) in Getter Robo Go is Dr. Rando, and where the Dinosaur Empire is welcomed by Getter, Dr. Rando is unceremoniously killed and unmourned.

Evidently, Getter views his claims that "the strong should rule the weak" as not legitimate.

>>15402961
>I don't get what makes you say it's particularly juvenile outside of some comic relief.
It's particularly juvenile because, for example, the main villain for the first six volumes is evil scientist that controls robot army staffed by other scientists he turned into mindslaved cyborgs, and he attack the world from his base at the north pole. The heroes fight against him in an impressively vicious and bloody war to the death lovingly illustrated in impressive detail.

Later, there are dinosaurs with rocket launchers.

Don't take this is as a criticism! I love hyper violent mecha series--that's what drew me to Getter Robo to begin with, and it's why I visit /m/ at all.
>>
>>15402943
>defends people who blatantly lie with no proof to shitpost
Thanks for proving my point, shitposter.
>>
>>15402925
>Honestly, there's nothing particular notable about the earlier Getter shows or manga
Except the combination gimmick? Also, from the start Getter Robo was one of the first mecha manga to aim at an older age group with more sophisticated storylines and sci-fi elements. It's also notable for its themes of evolution and natural selection, which were strong even in the first series and G.

>On the whole, Getter Robo Go is a comically violent and juvenile manga that posits that even demonic murderous dinosaurs deserve compassion and that faith can bring us peace on Earth.
No, it portrays various races fighting to save their own. It also explores the theme of creatures filling similar niches in nature cannot normally coexist and will compete with each other. This is really brought to the forefront with the proto-humans from G.

>>15403062
No, >>15402961 is 100% correct.

>>15403075
>Getter Robo and Getter Robo G both frame Gore and the Dinosaur Empire as enemies that are to be destroyed, and rightly so.
The first series specifically shows Gore and the dinosaurs in a sympathetic light by the end and portrays them as race fighting for its survival. Sure, they did plenty of evil acts, but G goes out of its way to show that humans also commit atrocities in war.

>Getter Robo Go, however, pointed does not destroy Gore's successor. It takes her and her army into itself, just as it does it own human pilots. It's a direct refutation of the original manga.
Not really, it shows that they can possibly coexist and the manga series continually moves towards portraying humans and dinosaurs as two races that will either work to coexist or wipe each other out. Neither side is good or evil.

>Evidently, Getter views his claims that "the strong should rule the weak" as not legitimate.
Right. It asserts that all life diversity should be preserved. This is said plainly in Shin by the ghost of Gore.
>>
File: GR Go Vol 7 pg 025.png (259KB, 818x1300px) Image search: [Google]
GR Go Vol 7 pg 025.png
259KB, 818x1300px
>>15403392
>Except the combination gimmick?
The combination gimmick is fantastic. I have no criticisms of the mecha designs.

>No, it portrays various races fighting to save their own. It also explores the theme of creatures filling similar niches in nature cannot normally coexist and will compete with each other.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't see how this contradicts what I said.
Is it because I referred to the Dinosaurs as demons? I mean that in regards to the narrative role they play in Go, in that they're an adversarial species that inhabits the fires beneath the Earth and tempt the foolish into making pacts with them.
Of course, they're factually no more demonic or murderous than humans.

Granted, that's saying very little in this manga.

>The first series specifically shows Gore and the dinosaurs in a sympathetic light by the end and portrays them as race fighting for its survival. Sure, they did plenty of evil acts, but G goes out of its way to show that humans also commit atrocities in war.
It portrays the Dinosaur Empire and humans as two peoples who cannot coexist, and that it is in the best interest of each to wipe out the other.

You are absolutely correct that the later manga (Go, Shin and Arc) series suggest coexistence, but this is absent in the original two series. This is a large part of why I consider the later series to be superior.

...and now I'm thinking of how Arc ended. What a fucking cliffhanger.
>>
>>15403473
>but this is absent in the original two series. This is a large part of why I consider the later series to be superior.
It would have made no sense if they just went
>well let's coexist, even though you dinosaurs can survive in our current ecosystem and have to terraform the planet to your climate
It was a gradual realization that the two races could, indeed, coexist. From the Dinosaurs' perspective, humans were polluting the planet and they wouldn't be able to survive above ground without altering Earth's atmosphere. Eventually, they got beat back enough that they decided intermixing with humans was more viable.
>>
I'm starting to notice Getter has a serious case of "baby's first science fiction" here on /m/. People are assuming it's way more sophiscated than it actually is. Most of these people probably didn't even read a lot of /m/ manga from the same time period at all, so they're assuming Getter was some sort of pioneer in doing things this way. But it was not. Getter was another fish in the sea back in the 70s. The manga was out of print for decades and the Toei anime was way more popular than the manga ever was. If it was not for Shin Getter being introduced in Super Robot Wars IV, most people would not even know there was a manga to begin with. And it was not aimed at older demographics either, that kind of shit was common in shonen manga from that period.
>>
>>15400533
>hype.
Seemed like a pretty quiet series to me. I discovered it through playing Super Robot Wars before I actually noticed people talking about it.
That said, fun OVAs, decent manga.
>>
>>15403498
>>15403501
This.
>>
>>15403498
>I'm starting to notice Getter has a serious case of "baby's first science fiction" here on /m/
No.
>People are assuming it's way more sophiscated than it actually is
No.
>Most of these people probably didn't even read a lot of /m/ manga from the same time period at all
No.
>Getter was another fish in the sea back in the 70s.
No.
>The manga was out of print for decades
No.
>If it was not for Shin Getter being introduced in Super Robot Wars IV, most people would not even know there was a manga to begin with.
No.
>And it was not aimed at older demographics either
Compared to earlier giant robot manga like Tetsujin, Giant Robo and Mazinger? Yes, it was.
>>
>>15403721
>NoNoNoNoNoNo
Now you're sounding like a baby. Wait a minute, you are! Mentally at least.
>Compared to earlier giant robot manga like Tetsujin, Giant Robo and Mazinger? Yes, it was.
You never even read Tetsujin. And using those titles as examples sure shows how limited you are. Not gonna waste my time here.
>>
>>15403739
>What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Eat shit, fucklord. Everyone knows you're just here to troll.
>>
>>15403744
I still don't think Getter Robo is any masterpiece and from the looks of it quite a few people agree with me. I'm not trolling at all, Getter Robo is not all that great. You're delusional. Arguing is useless because you already made some convoluted reasoning in your head to convince yourself anyone criticizing the series is lying or trolling.
>>
>>15403753
you need to go back.

how's that wall coming along?
>>
>>15403761
inb4 xpearse cries samefag
>>
>>15400533
>I don't get the hype.

that's because you're a cucked numale faggot
>>
やめろ, 阿邪羅王!
>>
>>15404751
これはです
>>
File: やめろ!.png (421KB, 604x500px) Image search: [Google]
やめろ!.png
421KB, 604x500px
>>15404751
>>15405327
>>
>>15403498
>Getter has a serious case of "baby's first science fiction" here on /m/
Except not at all.

>>15403753
And quite a few people are idiots, too. What's your point?
>>
>>15405410
>getterfags
>people
You're being way too generous with them.
>>
>>15405525
Shitposting doesn't help anyone anon. Nice reading comprehension, by the way.
>>
>>15405525
Go back to Italy, Mario
>>
>>15403483
>It was a gradual realization that the two races could, indeed, coexist. From the Dinosaurs' perspective, humans were polluting the planet and they wouldn't be able to survive above ground without altering Earth's atmosphere. Eventually, they got beat back enough that they decided intermixing with humans was more viable.
They (presumably) decided coexistence was possible after witnessing the miracle that happened at the end of Go.

The first two series basically have no bearing on that decision, or on the later series as a whole.
>>
>>15403498
>I'm starting to notice Getter has a serious case of "baby's first science fiction" here on /m/. People are assuming it's way more sophiscated than it actually is.
I'm not assuming anything. I've read the mangas and formed opinions on it.
>Most of these people probably didn't even read a lot of /m/ manga from the same time period at all, so they're assuming Getter was some sort of pioneer in doing things this way. But it was not. Getter was another fish in the sea back in the 70s. The manga was out of print for decades and the Toei anime was way more popular than the manga ever was. If it was not for Shin Getter being introduced in Super Robot Wars IV, most people would not even know there was a manga to begin with. And it was not aimed at older demographics either, that kind of shit was common in shonen manga from that period.
Sure. I don't really dispute any of that.

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with any of this, though?
>>
>>15405814
>They (presumably) decided coexistence was possible after witnessing the miracle that happened at the end of Go.

The dinosaurs started hybridizing with humans during Gore's era and only started considering because they failed two invasions.
>>
>>15405532
>Nice reading comprehension, by the way.
Nah, by "idiots" I just assumed he was talking about the obvious ones.
>>
>>15405828
Just shitposting like everyone else in this thread, do not pay him nor me any attention.
>>
>>15405850
>The dinosaurs started hybridizing with humans during Gore's era and only started considering because they failed two invasions.
Yes, but that wasn't an attempt at coexistence.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.