[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Fareed_in_Schwalbe_Graze.png (992KB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
Fareed_in_Schwalbe_Graze.png
992KB, 1280x703px
I still don't understand what exactly was his plan.
>>
McGillis's warped worldview made him think of Bael as a godlike power. He assumed that everyone in Gallarhorn was like him, in awe of Agnika Kaieru. His whole plan was just to get in Bael, and then he would have won. It didn't work out like thathat, obviously.
>>
>>15400421
Was he butt fucked so hard to the point he became this delusional?
>>
>>15400424
I assume so.
>get boipucci rammed
>recover from asspain by reading Agnika's adventures
>>
>>15400424
Yes. He was like Don Quixote, thinking the world was still like in the old tales.
>>
>>15400421
>made him think of Bael as a godlike power.
No he didn't, and the lead up to that part made it seem like he had a better more complex plan. And they didn't have him actually delve into insanity, he just got less successful cause team meat plot armour.

Bael was meant to be a symbol of his legitimacy, but no one would actually follow him because of that it is cause he has been setting up a loyal power base for years (hey maybe don't kill your two loyal high ranking friends). It is basically a PR stunt and something shitposters on marschan can go RUSHILLERY DOESN'T HAVE A BAEL LOL.

The problem is the show has a lot of elements that don't work together well, so the fans do more work than the writers either did and connect the dots they like when it suits them.
>>
File: laughing tyrants and hitler.jpg (47KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tyrants and hitler.jpg
47KB, 640x452px
>>15400405
>Iznario Fareed literally did everything by letting his child sex slave get a job in politics as a joke
>>
>>15400405
Ano anon summed it up well enough in another thread.
>Honestly, people are calling Macky and idiot, but I don't think it's right. The way I see it the entire first half of his plan was pretty fucking solid, what with eliminating Iznario and using Gaelio and Carta to gain their family positions too. Dude had control of 3/7 families. Gaelio living is what fucked everything up, and I think that's where his problems started. He clearly felt super guilty about it, no matter how much he tried to convince himself otherwise. And honsetly, I think his whole demeanor going to shit has less to do with him being some autistic Chuuni or whatever, and more with him having a total breakdown. I mean, aside from the guilt, I think he must have realized how much Gaelio being alive would fuck eberything for him. Even though the Bael part go as smoothly, Mcgillis would have straight up solo'd Rustal's fleet if not for Gaelio. Basically he's less Chuuni, and more broken imo.
>>
>>15400459
>. He clearly felt super guilty
Hey you know what would be good? Exploring that instead of throwing in just before he dies that yeah he sort of felt guilty or something. Instead you have to take his actions not suggesting that at all completely differently.

>I think he must have realized how much Gaelio being alive would fuck eberything
Then fucking double tap

>Mcgillis would have straight up solo'd Rustal's fleet if not for Gaelio
No he wouldn't have, he had one mediocre suit and an okay sized fleet
>>
He thought he was King Arthur and Bael was Excalibur and having it would make him crowned king of Gjallarhorn
>>
>>15400467

>Then double tap

Jesus tapdancing Christ, this.

This is what lies at the core of all this criticism and controversy surrounding McGillis' machinations. If he just made sure that Gaelio was dead instead of outright missing the cockpit back in Edmonton, we'd have none of this.
>>
>>15400476
>>15400467
Gaelio, surviving teally was an asspull in my opinion the fact that they never even explained or even questioned how he survived just makes it even seem more like a plot convenience.
Hell he didn't even do anything for almost the entirety of the show, except fir just being a looming danger for Mcgillis.

Him feeling guilty was pretty obvious since he noted he doesn't have any friends anymore and that Mika noted he looked tired when he met him after realizing Gaelio is dead.
>>
>>15400405
My question is, why didn't Lord Baudin and the other 2 Seven Star families join Rustal in stopping the coup once they rejected McGliss?

Unless McGliss held them hostage until he lost his fleet battle and was drove to Mars.
>>
>>15400481
Let's be honest though, unless you outright crush the cockpit, you don't seem to get a kill in this show.
>>
>>15400481
>he noted he doesn't have any friends anymore
Which is simply a statement of fact

>Mika noted he looked tired
He literally turned on the biggest military force, no shit you wouldn't be sleeping well with a whole rebellion on your shoulders.

Never mind McGillis has happily been a manipulative guys throughout both seasons. So no this idea that guilt was a huge part of his character is not obvious and even if it was the point was terribly executed
>>
>>15400481
Just as Iok had the survival gene until he met Guts, McGliss is just bad at stabbing. I am pretty sure that he intended to kill Gaelio, but was too sensitive to see his friend's body to confirm his death.

Of course, who retrieved Gaelio and Ein's brain hid both of them away? Maybe Rustal had Galan Mossa in the area?
>>
>>15400487
The thing I don't get is how they didn't flashback or elaborate on how he was found alive or how they hid him/got him in on Rustal's schemes.
Show us usually blatant on everything else but this.
>>
>>15400505
Magic jacuzzi. Honestly that is one of the worst parts of the plot and undermines so much. You can get skewered in space with no helmet and it will heal you in a week, or just not.
>>
>>15400512
Can magic jacuzzi counteract the effects of suddenly plot hitmen?
>>
>>15400524
Depends if the script says it is okay
>>
>>15400482
Didn't they? Macky was formally stripped of his position. I doubt that's something Rustal could decree by himself.

Rustal likely felt adding their forces to his would delay his departure and/or be surplus to his requirements and/or detract from Arianrhod's (his) victory.
>>
>>15400505

Plot armor. Although if you want an actual explanation, McGillis stabbed the cockpit but missed crushing Gaelio, just like how Bael's sword missed crushing Iok in his Graze's cockpit. If you rewatch the scene where Grimgerde stabs Kimaris' cockpit, he doesn't actually stab the middle of the cockpit unit, but rather the side of it. Also, Carta was dead and Iznario was implicated in a conspiracy, so Rustal was probably put in charge of the ground operations temporarily, including recovery of Kimaris and the Graze Ein.

>>15400405

His plan was to acquire Bael and use a 300-year old Gjallarhorn law that dictates that Bael's pilot is to be followed unconditionally by all members of Gjallarhorn, including the Seven Stars heads. Unfortunately, the old farts weren't having any of it and decided against relinquishing control over their forces to McGillis. If they had, he would have had the combined military might of five of the Seven Stars family. In the end, it was meaningless since Rustal had access to the Dainsleif rail guns anyway.
>>
>>15400524
Magic jacuzzi saves Nobliss but they Ein him up but his AI self starts going crazy. This is how mobile armors and the Calamity War all started screencap this I've just written The Last Flag.
>>
>>15400405
Plot induced idiocy.
Plot demanded that Tekkadan failed, so everything failed.
>>
>>15400405
McGillis already knew he was defeated when he stated that Rustal had him "by the neck but not by the soul". After that point his intentions shifted from conquest to inspiring people to rise up violently against Gjallarhorn as proven by his last speech when he attacks Rustal's fleet solo.
>>
File: tumblr_mii9z4FJGq1qd37umo1_400.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mii9z4FJGq1qd37umo1_400.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>15400405
If Orga hadn't pussied out and not sent Mika into space with mcgillis then he probably would've won, and would probably have resulted in less tekaden deaths as well.
>>
If McGillis made sure gally gally was dead and took the Gundam like he should have, he would have succeeded in his plan.
>>
>>15400766
This, so fucking much.
>salvaged and refitted the Gusion after the Brewers incident
>just left the Kimaris lying around for Gjallarhorn to retrieve
>>
>>15400798
Most people seems don't consider Gundam Frame that precious.
Orga considered to sell the Gusion frame at first.
>>
>>15400820
>Most people seems don't consider Gundam Frame that precious.
That's retarded

They are so OP you need another frame or orbital bombardment to stop them
>>
>>15400481
Wrong
>>
>>15400405
His plan was to get close to the Arianrhod fleet and solo it with Bael.

The fact that he was surprised when Gaelio overpowered him shows that he still thought Gaelio didn't get any better since last time.
>>
>>15400449
>>15400405
>>15400421
>Get raped by an old man most of your childhood,decide the best way to stick to the old man is to lead gallahorn with the mythical mobile suit of the hero you read about,get so caught up in using the mythical armour you kill your friends to get there,even though they probably would have helped you.
>>
>>15400476

He didn't really plan for that, though. He didn't have a deliberate plan to lure Gaelio out. He saw his moment and took it.
>>
>>15400405
Simple. He wanted to reform Gjallarnhorn because it was atrociously corrupt. All noble and just, but the problem was executing it all in the later stages. Not to mention Choco Macky's mental state.

McGillis's childhood was HORRIBLE. He had to kill to survive, had to rival with others, and was essentially forced into prostitution. When Iznario adopted him, instead of warmth and what a child would need, he got the same shit he had + having it become very abusive (seriously look at his scars when it's shown). This twisted his mind believing that only with absolute power you can get shit done.

Thus his plan was born. It would've worked better if he didn't backstab Carta and Gaelio along with turning Ein into the Graze Ein.

Not to mention that he put too much faith into Bael and that he did not check if Gaelio was actually dead. Because of this, Rustal had a shitload of advantages over him.

Choco admitted in ep 49 that the two actually would detract him from his aim due to the fact of how positive of an impact Carta and Gaelio had on him. He honestly thought of Gaelio as his ONLY friend and he did feel bad for what he did to Carta and Ein.

This makes McGillis a Byronic Hero. A Byronic Hero with flaws and too much faith in MUH BAEL.
>>
>>15401058
His mistake was in thinking that by murdering his friends and turning the reforms into a bloody affair he could achieve his goals, when in fact bringing those friends aboard with a peaceful plan to reform the entity would have worked a lot better.
McGillis was retarded because he thought he needed to throw away his humanity and change the world via pure power like Agnika 300 years prior. Never mind the different circumstances and what not.
>>
>Agnika apparently relied on his friends
What a twist
>>
>>15400405
>Build up a team of loyal, impressionable young officers
>Team up with Tekkadan because muh power
>Get Baal because muh Agnika Kaieru

He overvalued Mika thanks to his experiences with Tekkadan in S1, which led to him placing too much emphasis on his own competence as a leader and a pilot. His entire plan hinged on both Tekkadan and himself being *so* powerful in comparison to the individual members of the Arianrhod fleet that there wouldn't even be a reasonable comparison.
The funny thing is that it almost worked. Mika/Akihiro/Shino worked pretty well in combat, and as it turns out McGillis was actually a damn good pilot.

Rustal just had a Gaelio sitting in his back pocket, and also giant instant-kill weapons that have been in-setting this entire time but no-one had ever bothered to use them or mention them.
>>
>>15401058
Also worth noting that his time spent observing Tekkadan only reinforced his belief that absolute power and brute force could do anything.
>>
>>15401601
Yeah. Then again it was a twisted kind of thinking that was a product of his childhood.

>>15401635
FUCKING DAINSLEIFS

>>15401647
Yep. This and MUH BAEL. His plan was too Bael-centric when he was gunning for it and once he got it.
>>
>>15400482
He didn't need any help.

It was 40 v 3 and then on mars they had another 10 ships.
>>
>>15401004
Child sex abusr victims often lash out at the world as adults. McGillis does this in the form of wanting to destroy Gjallarhorn's current regime.
>>
>>15400988
For all his research into AV, you'd think he'd know Gaelio had as close to the real AV as you could get, whereas his is probably just as limited as Tekkadan.
>>
Littlefinger isn't going to win is he, lads?
>>
>>15401706
I guess it was unnecessary for Rustal to need reinforcements, and at the same time her wanted to take the credit.

McGliss was already out numbered with 20 ships vs Rustal's 40. He only needed the 3 families' support to bump his numbers to match Rustal's.

So it was unnecessary to waste more resources on a seemingly minor civil war which only lasted two skirmishes.
>>
Legitimately the best IBO thread I've seen, despite the OP.
>>
>>15400405
revenge for being Jerry Sandusky'd
>>
>>15402029
If McGillis had just had everyone rush in like he did solo he might've won before Rustal launched the Dainsleifs. He was too conservative and cautious in the initially battle and he only let really loose after he had lost the chance of victory. What a fool. Even with the dainsleifs he had a chance of winning if he and the Tekkadan Gundams charged in with the grunts acting as human shields. A single gundam could easily take down a ship and Bael with the Helmwige would've been able to defeat Gaelio
>>
>>15401635
>but no-one had ever bothered to use them or mention them
They weren't mentioned because most people didn't know about them and those that did held them in the same regard as modern day nukes: powerful, but tightly restricted and anyone who uses them is expected to lose any political good will they may have built up. Iok using Dainsleifs demonstrated that the rest of the Seven Stars didn't really give a shit, so Rustal was able to use them freely. I wouldn't be surprised if Rustal planted the idea in his head to test the council's reaction.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.