[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post OP shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 17

I start
>>
File: jesus.jpg (17KB, 287x161px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
17KB, 287x161px
>>
File: 1491247300392.png (25KB, 743x382px) Image search: [Google]
1491247300392.png
25KB, 743x382px
>>15399247
>add conventional realistic weapon
>it actually destroys all the giant robots
My fucking sides
>>
>>15399247
>it's just a fuck huge needle that doesn't even explode or fry or burn things
>It can actually damage battleships and mobile suits with relative ease
>WAAAH BANNED WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION DANKSLAV 2OP PLS NERF
It's just as powerful as beams are in pretty much any other gundam series. But goddamn it's a salt mine for what it is.
>>
>>15399247
Why does the muzzle look like a bow? Is it just to look cool?
>>
>>15399461
Almost certainly
>>
>>15399437
In-universe it's in Gjallahorn's best interests to make Dainsleifs a taboo weapon, because it's so powerful that it would shift combat away from who has the better mobile suits and towards who fires their Dainsleifs first. Gjallahorn basically always has more, better mobile suits than anyone else, so they want to keep the paradigm where it is. That's why Rustal went to all the trouble of making sure his enemies used a Dainsleif on his forces so he could justify using tons of them on Tekkadan. As far as anyone will ever know it was fair retribution.

Out of universe it's a salt mine because Gundam fans are enormous fucking crybabies about everything.
>>
>>15399288
>it's realistic when protagonist use melee weapon and no beam spam
>it's OP when antagonist use railgun which make even MS look redundant.
>>
>>15399548
>Rustal single-handedly made sure that IBO goes from a toy commercial to become Legend Of The Galactic Heroes once they put the Dainsleif on ships
He gets more based by the second
>>
>Only thing that stops it is Newtype Deus Ex Machina
>>
>>15399247
Is there even a chance of this appearing in a weapons set or P-Bandai?
>>
File: MWG-KARASAWA.jpg (86KB, 411x358px) Image search: [Google]
MWG-KARASAWA.jpg
86KB, 411x358px
>>15399247
A non Gundam example. Good ol' Sawas.
>>15399518
The one thing I don't get is why did they put all this shit to make it so illegal if it just gets spammed with relative ease?
Should've just scrapped the treaty shit and made it as if it was just a notorious ancient weapon that was feared out of instilled taboo that a doctrine removing its usage.
>>15399288
>fucking orbital bombardment
I got somewhat hard looking at it
>>
File: 1470626174149.jpg (18KB, 380x257px) Image search: [Google]
1470626174149.jpg
18KB, 380x257px
>>15399518
And now Rustal doesn't even need to worry about third parties fielding MS units piloted by skilled child soldiers with cybernetic implants, because human debris have been banned.

Kek, can this man win any harder?
>>
>>15400668
If he still had the old 7 stars system.
But he still seems pretty alright without it.
>>
>>15399247
do you think It can pierce PSA or Gn field?
>>
>>15400702
Nope, it's mostly relatively OP within its own universe.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>15400668
>can this man win any harder?
>In a lower position than he was before
>was forced to play ball with the rest of the nation or lose face thanks to McMurdo
>Can't really do anything in his position and his former enemies are staring right in his face with nothing for him to do about
>Has to play the fool to keep up public image now that he can't use Nobliss to hide his actions like before
>Failed to take out Tekkadan with remnants now coming to get him thanks to Ride

He's pretty much CCA Char now, playing the clown until his time to step down comes. Any sort of underlying tragedy the show was trying to do by keeping him alive gets dispelled by the fact that Tekkadan got what they wanted in the end.
>>
File: dai-guard.jpg (20KB, 436x332px) Image search: [Google]
dai-guard.jpg
20KB, 436x332px
>>15399247
Is it just me, or does that thing have Dai-Guard's color scheme?
>>
>>15399247
>>15400735
holy shit put that thing on Dai-guard arm
>>
File: (You).jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>15400713
>>Failed to take out Tekkadan with remnants now coming to get him thanks to Ride
>Ride
>doing anything
Unless he's getting funded by wealthy anti-Gjallarhorn groups, that's a funny joke. Has to somehow get onto Headquarters on Earth or pray that the venue he's in isn't heavily guarded compared to another mobster's office. Hell it was years after the events itself and when the guy returned to Mars itself and it's not like here's going to have spare MS or Workers around.
>>
>>15400735
>>15400749
it's probably exactly what they would have invented if the Heterodynes had kept being a threat too, weird
>>
>>15399247
Why did they risk mobile suits to finish off Mika and Guts instead of just firing another volley?
>>
>>15400777
Unlike Macky, Rustal actually makes sure his enemies are dead dead.
>>
>>15400784
Yeah but he could do that with another Dansleif.
I think the issue was reload time, time taken to set up the bombardment may've equalled to more lives lost if the MS were to stand down
>>
>>15400765
To be fair, Ride and his cohorts did end up killing Nobliss and his entourage relatively with no problems. You say he's "another mobster", but Nobliss achieved a lot himself. I think it would be silly too underestimate Ride.
>>
>>15400812
Sure I shouldn't be underestimating the power of mob hits in this show, but his group is pretty much a bunch of rogue kids with guns. It's going to take more than that to attack the leader of a military organisation, more planning mainly.
>>
>>15400825
>more planning mainly
It looks like they planned it out the hit on Nobliss expertly. They managed to find out it was him behind the hit, track him down, get to know his schedule. Get Nobliss when he was by himself and then take out the guards when they started to rush in after the first gunshots.
>>
>>15399247
This is the most realistic weapon in IBO, compared to a bunch of dumb robots playing medieval anime knights with their dumb bullshit.

The ending was magnificent, it shows why you don't bring a sword to a gun fight.
>>
>>15400832
Including the times he can take a shit?
But then they still need to step it up against Rustal, the head of a military organisation himself.
But writers will think of how that will work if there's ever a form of continuation anyway.
>>
>>15399548
No melee weapons were never realistic ranged weapons would still be better even without beams.
>>
>>15400832
Wasn't Nobliss on the run?
>>
>>15400938
Nah it just seemed that he returned to Mars after a while.
Maybe he was too busy trying to get into the new world order after the events of ep 50.
>>
>>15400932
Tell that to fans who don't know the fact that never bring a sword to a gun fight.
>>
>>15400735
oh shit i totally see Dai guard using it noe
>>
The protagonists in this series were a bunch of cunts, seeing them get Indiana Jonesed by superior military firepower seems like the best end
>>
>>15399288
Imagine Tanks that aren't shit in a Gundam show
>>
>>15401133
Igloo did have those assault-model guntanks that beasted all over mobile suits...
>>
File: zeo.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
zeo.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>15399251
Still the most OP thing posted...step it up guys
>>
>>15399288
While that's true the only reason why Barbatos and Gusion got hit were because they literally stood around for the several seconds it took to get hit, even though the Gundams can move frighteningly fast.
>>
>some faggot uses them in GBF
>>
File: ELS.jpg (90KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
ELS.jpg
90KB, 900x506px
>>15399247
>>
>>15401234
And yet Setsuna's Gundam was supposedly capable of beating all this over like a week if he hadn't went for the UNDERSTANDING route
>>
>>15401219

I think that's less to do with them just standing still and more to do how oddly the passage of time is sometimes depicted in things like this.

There's a scene in the recent Majestic Prince movie, for instance, where a human shelter is under attack and the protagonists have only a minute to destroy a bunch of enemies trying to break in. All the while more shit happens, the plots argue between themselves, and there's still time for the mechs to strut their stuff before the saving shot is made. They're told they have a minute left, and then two and a half minutes later that turns into five seconds.

So the period of time in which Mika and Akihiro were standing around was probably a lot shorter than it ended up looking. Just a side-effect of some temporal weirdness.
>>
>>15401241
Only the Gundam minus the human limits of the pilots to fight continuously for a week.
>>
>>15401255
Its still retarded 'main character Gundam' wank that it was stated in the first place
>>
>>15401223
>Dainsleifs in GBF
>Character who uses them is angry misanthropic middle aged man
>He hates gunpla and gunpla battle so much he enters it just to show how impractical robots are compared to realistic weapons
>Makes kids cry and never faces retribution for it even when the protagonist somehow beats him.

I'd watch it.
>>
>>15401372
>He hates gunpla and gunpla battle so much he enters it just to show how impractical robots are compared to realistic weapons
Does he post in /k/ too?
>>
>>15401264
It was stated on side material and even then they also said that it was because they didn't know half the abilities the ELS had, they agreed that the Qan[t] would simply get overwhelmed, same thing happened with the rest of the suits in the movie, they put a valiant fight but still ended up being overwhelmed, so its not really wank when they outright say they didn't have enough info to make a better guess
>>
>>15401264
It also didn't take in the fact that ELS could assimilate anything they came in contact with.
>>
>>15401223
It's something the 2nd Meijin would have definitely used.
>>
>>15401376
/k/ and /m/
>>
File: javelin_d.jpg (174KB, 847x532px) Image search: [Google]
javelin_d.jpg
174KB, 847x532px
>>15401223
i would use them as backpack weapon and wreck IBObabbies asses
>>
>>15400840
Except it begs the question: Why does mobile suit combat even exist? There are no more MAs for them to fight and Dainsleifs are obviously the better weapons. There's no need to go close combat at all
>>
>>15401505
Well technically there would be the same reasons we don't just carpet bomb everything in real life.
>>
>>15401505
Because if you don't have any mobile suits, and the enemy does, and they close on you, you are utterly fucked.
>>
>>15401219
>what is orbital bombardment
I get Mika's supposed to be a badass, but it's not like they could have just looked up and seen the launchers, you know? They were launched beyond visible range.

>>15401505
Why did cavalry remain in use after the implementation of cannons?
A dainsleif is a single-purpose tool; it fucks up one thing from very far away, with a low rate of fire. It's artillery, and artillery is always vulnerable when confronted at close range.
>>
>>15401611
But then over time Calvary sort of left. With machine guns, more improvement over artilery and Tanks alongside Trench warfare and a defensive setting.
Though MS themselves are highly useful enough to be inserted into any force really.
>>
File: Chirico smiling.jpg (288KB, 800x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Chirico smiling.jpg
288KB, 800x1333px
>>
>>15401623
The Franco-Prussian war happened, and then WW1 sealed the deal. The cavalry role also exists today with differing implementations; eg: LAVs, armored cars.
It stands to reason that an analog to machine guns don't really exist in the Post-Calamity setting, though. Nothing can decisively kill an MS at range and maintain its rate of fire.
>>
>>15401401
I like the way you think.

Wanna get a third and form a Try style team of them?
>>
>>15401241
yeah, I remember that dialog. It made me wonder exactly what that'd look like.

00 Raiser just beam sweeping fields of enemies?

Why didn't the ELS just turn into light?
>>
What if we put Dainsleifs on Mobile Workers?
Just add something to prevent recoil and keep it in place while firing.
>>
>>15401670
Do you remember how small mobile workers are compared to mobile suits?
>>
>>15401670
And then we have the mobile workers manned by child soldiers!
>>
>>15399247
from the thumbnail i thought that was a NERF gun
>>
>>15401698
Its one of those NERF guns you mod to fire screwdrivers

Thats why it was banned
>>
File: 160539146.jpg (411KB, 1448x1052px) Image search: [Google]
160539146.jpg
411KB, 1448x1052px
>>15400710
nothing personnel kid
>>
>>15401688
Though the technology has been downscaled somewhat if we consider the flauros cannons and it could be a weaker railgun based weapon rather than a full up Dainsleif then.
>>
>>15399247
Is the image shopped? I want to get a gunpla Dainsleif so badly.
>>
>>15401738
The original Dainsleif could severely damage a ship, so downsizing it to the point that it could be mounted on a mobile worker without negatively impacting its mobility would probably make it a lot weaker.

It couldn't be a ship killer anymore and it'd have a lot less utility for artillery (smaller round, less kinetic energy on impact) but it would still be dangerous to MS. That and making them smaller could help increase rate of fire.
>>
>>15401505
Because the they were using those tank things and mobile suits were a symbol of power,it wasn't till barbatos was used that they started using more Ms.
>>
>>15399247
>This kills the Tekkedan
>>
>>15401812
Remember that Dainsleifs originally were armed with some crazy payloads that made them banned in the first place.
>>
>>15401812
This is retarded. The Flauros's cannons are dainsleif launchers and they already shoot rounds that are just barely legal and their ability to take down MS is hit or miss.

If you scale it down to the point of mounting it on basically armored jeeps then you're going to lose all power. Not to mention you'd need a pretty big tank to mount the Ahab reactors
>>
>>15401611
>>what is orbital bombardment
>I get Mika's supposed to be a badass, but it's not like they could have just looked up and seen the launchers, you know? They were launched beyond visible range.
The bombardment literally only worked because they stopped and stood right next to each other to watch the enemy mysteriously pull away even though the last time Rustal's forces did that they got dansleifed. Mika and Guts never learn. Biscuit would've seen it coming.
>>
>>15401923
The dainslef attachment can be a backpack where an ahab reactor is planted into the warhead of the projectile. It provides its own power for the launch, and implodes on the MS after contact. The excess mass from the launching platform is then detached from the mobile worker as it's a single use weapon, or reloaded by another mobile worker.
>>
>>15401934
>ahab reactor is planted into the warhead of the projectile.
Are you seriously retarded?
>>
>>15401951
He probably got mistaken with MS.
But Kimaris Vidar uses those minidainsleif rounds with the lance (unlike Flauros which uses it's Ahab to increase power of cannons), the launcher for the dainsleifs must be smaller compared to the crossbow variant.
>>
>>15401219
The element of surprise.

And of course, Rustal couldn't have done it earlier because he wasn't on orbit yet and he wanted to provoke McGliss and Tekkadan to attack first.
>>
>>15399437
>it's just a fuck huge needle that doesn't even explode or fry or burn things

You grossly underestimate the kinetic energy of a solid projectile impacting a target at very high speeds.

>In the case of the system mentioned in the 2003 Air Force report above, a 6.1 m × 0.3 m tungsten cylinder impacting at Mach 10 has a kinetic energy equivalent to approximately 11.5 tons of TNT (or 7.2 tons of dynamite).

That's approximately the yield of a tactical nuclear weapon
>>
>>15402110
Yeah, a nuclear bazooka. No, seriously, the Davy Crockett (a man portable nuclear recoilless gun) was supposed to have yields of ~10-20 tonnes of TNT. The warheads slated for air-to-air missiles were ~250 tonnes, and proper tactical nukes tend to be in the tens to low hundreds of kilotonne range.
>>
>>15399437
In this thread, we learn who failed high school physics.
>>
>>15402164
Yeah, that's with 6 m tungsten cylinders.

In IBO they're probably more like 20 meters, and who knows much faster the impact speed is..
>>
>>15402110
>That's approximately the yield of a tactical nuclear weapon
That's really disingenuous. That's the same yield as the MOAB, which is a conventional bomb.
>>
>>15402180
That speaks to how very powerful the MOAB is, not how weak a davy crockett is. It's misleading to just call a MOAB a conventional bomb since its delivery method in anything but conventional.
>>
File: Barbatos.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Barbatos.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>15399288

Not all of them.
>>
>>15402178
Yeah, I'm not saying kinetic weapons can't be powerful, just that 11 tonnes isn't a lot. A proper shipkiller grade railgun (Dainsleifs are probably about the right size) would be a hell of a thing.
>>
>>15402178
Not to mention dainsleifs are deployed in large numbers, concentrating the salvo on single targets.
>>
>>15402110
So you're saying IBO Gundams are so durable that they can survive direct hits from tactical nukes? And in the case of the Gusion even pull the damn thing out of its body
>>
>>15402193
This kid dying can only be considered a good thing
>>
>>15402217
It's bullshit that they were able to move afterwards and remove rods which should've disintegrated on impact, and even more bullshit that the pilots weren't immediately killed by the blast wave and the fragments ripping into their bodies from spalling and other debris. It was some serious asspull.
>>
>>15402230
That's simply the power of IBOverse's tech friendo

I think we can confirm them as among the most durable Gundams short of 00 gundams. It's basically a settle mattered.
>>
>>15402230
Honestly, the sort of impacts and thrusting they do on a regular basis should be turning them to paste. If that's already being treated as much less severe than it would be in reality, I'm ok with them being impaled by shrapnel/spalling grievously but not to immediate death.
>>
>>15402230
It is a side effect of va system faggot, they did die, and they died during combat.
>>
>>15402189

Whaaaat. A MOAB is a conventional bomb, it's just fucking huge for a conventional bomb. It's not even the weirdest delivery method ever used for conventional bomb either.

Anyway, I find it kind of funny to think of how a something like just the Freedom placed in this situation probably could have shifted the entire battle in their favor.
>>
>>15402230
The cockpit never took a direct hit from the Dainsleifs. Hence while the pilots were still capable of controlling their Gundams before their eventual death.
>>
>>15401223
>>15401372
>in-universe power level translates directly into GBF universe
>waah stupid adults they hate fun so much they play a robot game to shit on robots
you don't know what you are talking about. Remember the time when a turn-x got shredded by a gyan and how a mini bearguy punched a turn-a to death?
It will literally be a huge one-shot spear gun which might be a piece of shit to use depending on the skill of the builder.
If anything they will mod it to become a repeating cannon to just to fuck with you guys mentally.
>>
>>15402462
>repeating cannon dainsleif
Why would I be fucked mentally over that? That's beautifully amazing.
>>
>>15402226
Shame he isn't confirmed to be dead, then.

>>15402230
>>15402230
I just assumed that Nanolaminate armor works on the same basis as Battletech armor; it fragments or crumbles instead of breaking like a contiguous piece of armor to help diffuse impact. For example, a shitload of damage to one side of the torso *only* damages that torso, without compromising the other parts.
>>
>>15402589
Nanolaminate is literally painted on. It's some sort of magic paint that acts like a high-end beam coating, ala FA ZZ's, and temporary Phase Shift. The gundam frame material and armor are supposed to be strong too, since the best weapons are made of Gundam metal and then painted, but the nanolaminate is magic paint like I said.

It's probably one of the most amazing and unbelievable things to come out of Gundam. A fucking paint that blocks charged particles, heat, and kinetic energy like a pro. And it can just be painted on.
>>
File: inflated 1000 ton hammer.jpg (84KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
inflated 1000 ton hammer.jpg
84KB, 800x800px
>>15402571
imagine when someone with a GP02 pulls out the nuke launcher and starts firing full auto.
Then it turns out the nuke launcher is programmed to shoot regular rockets that looks like nukes.
>played like a damn fiddle.jpg
>>
>>15402677
at one point it launches the real deal when you think you've got it all figured out
>>
>>15401372
>Lance flies out of the play field
>spectators get injured, possibly death may even occur

Sounds like Gunpla Mafia material to me.
>>
>>15402230
I've seen it happen IRL so its not a asspull
>>
>>15402673
I mean
>particles that block all forms of detection
>said particles also make shit fly
>swordfighting with short-range particle guns
>30-meter tall robots
>I-fields
>magic T-shaped objects that break reality

There's weirder shit to be sure
>>
>>15399251
Well you got it half right.
>>
>>15402589
He's dead.
>>
>>15399247
Hey, if these weapons were so illegal and banned from any use. Why did this turd of a man have so many of them including reloads?
>>
>>15405326

Probably stashed away in a storage of forbidden weapons and other relics from the Calamity War
>>
>>15405326
>if we ban something, they will just magically disappear and not be used ever again
I sure hope you don't vote because you are hella stupid.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.