[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orguss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Orguss.jpg (37KB, 425x378px) Image search: [Google]
Orguss.jpg
37KB, 425x378px
I finished this last night. I enjoyed the ride but can /m/ tell me what the fuck that ending was?
>>
>>15398991
>what the fuck that ending was?
A fucking cop out is what it was
>>
>>15398991
Kei and the other guy were full of time dimensional nonsense that affected space time because they were right by the dimensional bomb. So when they reached ground zero, the time stuff activated and sent them through space and time to right before the bomb detonated to face themselves. They then killed each other, thus causing the D bomb to never happen and sending everyone back to different timelines where all the happy endings happened.

At least that how I saw it.
>>
File: pic22810.jpg (104KB, 556x768px) Image search: [Google]
pic22810.jpg
104KB, 556x768px
I wish this show was as entertaining as its premise suggested. Instead, we get nothing but monotonous skirmishes against those lame red walker mechs over and over again with crappy love triangle BS on the side.
>>
>>15398991
I haven't seen the series, but I wanted to know if there is anyplace where I can find this show subbed in blu-ray quality.
>>
>>15399452
Still a better love story than Macross.
Any Macross.
>>
>>15401508
>Still a better love story than Macross. Any Macross.

And we have naked Misa in Orguss. That puts Orguss way above SDF Macross as a better show.
>>
>>15401508
>>15401513
Incidentally, both were directed by the same guy, Noboru Ichiguro. Given the wide variety of titles he had a hand in, he probably wasn't too keen on just doing mecha shows.
>>
>>15401508
>>15401513

Your contrarian shitposts only exemplify how awful Orguss was considering it would have been easy otherwise to list actual positives this show may have had going for it.

But then again, I suppose you two were never interested in selling people on Orguss so much as you were looking for another excuse to shitpost about beloved classics again.
>>
I just started the series. It is probably one of the most interesting concepts that I have seen in a mecha anime. hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
>>
File: orguss.jpg (59KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
orguss.jpg
59KB, 500x502px
>>15402081
It's really great until like the last two minutes! If you enjoy the premise, stick with it, there's nothing else out there that's quite like it.
>>
File: the_end.jpg (53KB, 572x447px) Image search: [Google]
the_end.jpg
53KB, 572x447px
>>15399068
Not quite.

You walk down the street and come to an intersection. You go left. But there's also an alternate timeline where you went right. And depending on how far up or down the timeline you go, there are an infinite number of alternate timelines. Talking dinosaurs, human zentradi, space gypsies, etc, etc. The superdimensional bomb, because of kei's meddling, had grabbed all of those disparate timelines and merged them back together. Left unchecked, it would destroy the Earth.

Kei and Olsen were able to travel to the moment that the bomb went off, kill their past selves, and prevent the timelines from being merged. The flood of images is essentially multiple endings for the series, including ones where Kei and Mimsy end up together, which doesn't make sense because they just showed that the events of the series never happened. Also I guess Orguss 2 would be one of these? Every ending you can imagine is true, except I guess for a good one. It's a show with flaws but has some really neat ideas, so it's disappointing to have such a wishy-washy ending just tacked on like that.
>>
I legitimately enjoyed the ending.
>>
File: 08bronco009.jpg (70KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
08bronco009.jpg
70KB, 1024x768px
the Bronco was such a cool looking fighter
>>
>>15399452
>crappy love triangle BS on the side.

Did you watch a different Orguss than I did? That love triangle shit was front and center. Everything else was just window dressing.
>>
>>15402842
I also legitimately enjoyed the romance plot.
>>
btw has anyone seen orguss 2? how does it compare to the original.
>>
File: 3452409-image6.jpg (424KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
3452409-image6.jpg
424KB, 1632x1224px
>>15403951
>how does it compare to the original.

It's a massive improvement over the original.

It's directed by the same guy who did War in the Pocket, has a unique regressed setting like Turn A, animation quality is on par with Macross Plus, genuinely entertaining character dynamics and has one of the most hilarious plot twist in the medium.
>>
>>15402888
The romance plot is legit
>>
>>15403951
Generic 90's mecha show the only reason anyone even remembers it is because of the crazy prince.
>>
I am 5 episodes through. I have no idea where the plot is heading at this point.
>>
>>15403951
Occasionally borders on parody and black comedy.
>>
>>15408847
>I have no idea where the plot is heading at this point.

Absolutely nowhere. Episode 15 has a well done exposition dump to fill Kei and the viewers in on what the hell's going on with the world, but other than that, literally nothing noteworthy happens after that up until the end of the show

Even Macross 7 wasn't this bad at wasting the viewer's time with superfluous bullshit.
>>
>>15403951

Recently watched Orguss II. It tells a much more coherent overall story than the original, but it's also not as fun to watch. It does have a better ending, and honestly I feel better about the original series ending after having watched Orguss II, because it does at least clear up that the dimensions were successfully separated and lets you know what happened to at least two of the characters from the original.
>>
just how many girls does kei want to date
>>
>>15411200
Not enough. He's practically the Ryo Saeba of mecha.
>>
>>15411200
All of them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.