[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

70s super robot thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 22

File: fuckyeahrobots.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeahrobots.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
What happened to the big 70s/80s mecha general?

Anyway, talk about what 70s super robot shows you're watching/just finished/are your favorites.

I'm 34 episodes into Mazinger Z, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I really like the characters, the mechanical beasts have been consistently awesome, and there's been some pretty good action. Plus the Scrander just showed up.
>mfw Scrander theme song
>>
Really glad to see someone else joining on on the Toeizinger. It's such a shame so few people have watched it, but seeing more folks joining in is really great. Suffice to say, things might not escalate for now, but you're going to see some fun stuff happen in due time.
Favorite mechanical beast so far?

Me, I've been itching to watch Ideon, but I have the BDs on a separate machine and have to wait a bit to get at them.
Not sure what happened to the old 70s/80s threads. but they were nice.
>>
The best Mazinger episode is the one where Kouji meets that girl with a cross necklace.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error662.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error662.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>15395873
I think it died out a year ago due to few getting posted for a long time

However, I would've post about the 80s!Tetsujin BD booklet scans if the 70s/80s general thread wasn't dead
>>
>>15395987
I mean asking if they can post 80s!Tetsujin BD booklet scans
>>15395975
>girl with a cross necklace
You mean Brown-haired dark-eyed Erika?
>>
Harlock was good
Gimme something else 70s to watch. Already seen Getter Yamato & Mazinger so I'm looking for something that isn't quite MOTW
>>
>>15396028
Are you looking for things with battleships rather than giant robots? Yamato and Yamato 2 are quite good and Queen Millennia is fantastic even though we're still 10 episodes away from it being fully translated. Check out the movie versions of Queen Millennia and Harlock too.
>>
>>15396028
zambot 3
>>
Super Robot Red Baron is pretty fun, pretty much a live-action Mazinger Z, but with enough things that are different enough to make it stand out (comic relief inspector, army of evil robots and cyborgs, Tetsujin-esque design aesthetic, motorcyclist defense organisation with a sweet car and car repair shop HQ). Too bad it's notoriously difficult to watch online though.

>>15395975
A live-action film director wrote that one, I believe.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (11KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
11KB, 200x253px
>>15395873
Currently chipping away at Getter one episode a night. Still pretty early on, so I can't fully judge it but I'm enjoying it enough. Toei Ryoma is alright although a bit generic, probably the first time I like Hayato the most, I fucking hate overly goofy buffoon Musashi so far (mainly his intentionally retarded voice), probably the best version of Michiru, Tatsuhito died probably the fastest he's ever died, Saotome as not a crazy asshole is weird, and I don't like this version of Gore so far. The robot action is really fun and creative, and it's a proper Ishikawa adaptation when people sweat bullets whenever they freak out. Still early on but I think I will enjoy the overall ride.

Also the Getter OP is goat and I've memorized the full version of it. It's too damn catchy.

I've got a couple 70s shows on my backlog. Devilman, Ashita no Joe, and MSG (so I can start giving the franchise a watch) are all must watches on my list. My maybes are Mazinger, Kinnikuman, and Golion. Mazinger I'm not sure if I want to watch purely because I think I've gotten my fill of MotW Mazinger stories to the point that I don't really care about the Ota version of the manga either, Kinnikuman I'm not sure if I rather read or watch (very hesitant to watch because it's so fucking long) but I don't think it has manga scans anyways, and Golion while I love the robot and modern Voltron I've heard the show is kinda boring outside of the gore.
>>
>>15395873
Watching Great Mazingervat the moment. Boss and the machine empire are the highlights.
>>
Sort of watching Gaiking but it hasn't really grabbed my attention. Also watching Battle Fever J and Kamen Rider V3 but tokushit has their own generals.

Favorites... Voltes V and Zambot 3 were pretty great. Dairugger and Dougram as well.

I have a few things in my backlog (Devilman, Tobikage, Borgman, Daimos dub) but most of its 90s stuff.

>>15395987
Not quite a year, the last one I remember was from October or November.

I seem to recall a post from the guy who was doing it that he was over trying to spread interest, that /m/ only cared about Gundam and shitposting.
>>
>>15396028
Have you heard of Future Boy Conan? It's pretty light on the /m/ elements, but a fairly good show.

>>15396577
You can't watch all of Kinnikuman yet anyway since Hokuto no Gun still hasn't been able to complete it yet. As for the manga, scanlation quality varies wildly between chapters done by certain groups.
>>
>>15395873
>What happened to the big 70s/80s mecha general?

Well, guess what happens when you slap two whole decades of content together into a contamination thread while rampant Gundam-shitposting floods the board.
>>
File: 1354773-zambot3.jpg (50KB, 488x640px) Image search: [Google]
1354773-zambot3.jpg
50KB, 488x640px
6 episodes in Zambot 3.

It feels a lot like Tomino's very own MSG 0079 and I like it for that.

I like emphasis on destruction of normal civilian city, every time there is a fight they try to show how it affects other people by showing destruction of the city, when Zambot and one Mega Booster fell into the ocean they created a tidal wave and etc. That attention to detail is very cool.
>>
>>15397902
... and even Toku and some /m/-based stuffs (as well as recent non-Gundam and non-Macross shows)
>>
>>15395873
I am just waiting for some 70s anime to get a blu ray releases to pile up so that I can marathon a bunch of series at once.
>>
>>15400380
Fortunately for you, it seems that Dai Apolon (of all things) will get blu-rays starting in may, with them possibly covering the mythical second series/season.
>>
>>15400617
it looks like we are getting one box-set a month, hopefully luurah will finish them.
>>
>>15400655
Yeah, hoping so as well. Only trouble is if someone can willingly buy said sets for the rips (though knowing Luurah, he'll find a way to make it happen somehow).
>>
>>15400617
This has me thinking what was the last box set that Discotek brought over?

Also in Toeizinger how much does Boss chew scenery and is he as good as manga or Mazinkaiser Boss? Boss is the main reason I would consider watching the show.
>>
>>15401385
Boss is my favorite part of Mazinger Z, he makes Koji act really stupid sometimes, and Boss Borot is pretty funny at times.
>>
Just getting into some old super robot stuff, and I can't seem to find quite a few shows. Have the following shows ever been subbed?

Great Mazinger
Yuusha Raideen
Toushou Daimos
Sengoku Majin Goushougun
Saikyou Robot Daiouja
Muteki Robo Trider G7
Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking
Koutetsu Jeeg
Magnerobo Ga-Keen
Wakusei Robo Danguard Ace
Hyouga Senshi Gaislugger
SF Saiyuuki Starzinger
>>
>>15401420
Daimos has a glorious Filipino English dub
>>
>>15401409
How consistent is Boss in episodes? We taking just about every episode? I like Kouji and Mazinger, but my interest in the series to watch the Toei show would be relevant on Boss's actions. Otherwise I might just look for the episode that Boss gets the scientists to build Borot from a pile of shit.
>>
>>15401420
The first 3 are being worked on by mSubs so you have to wait for sometime. goshogun has a blu ray release and I have been waiting for someone to pick it up (for over a year now only 2 eps subbed). Ga-keen is being worked on.
Go to Nyaa and see if there are any releases if you aren't sure.
>>
>>15401429
but how many people understand tagalog.
I am not sure but I think I read somwhere that Voltes V and Daimos were popular over their
>>
>>15401420
>>15401429
Only downside is, the raws with said dub are VHS-quality at best. No one has attempted to sync the dub to better raws yet, either.

Also, Jeeg and Starzinger are steadily getting subs from changeman and SHS, although the latter had basically ignored Jeeg by the time changeman picked it up, so yeah.

>>15401385
If I am not mistaken, Gaiking. Whether that leads to LODM getting its turn is up in the air.

>>15401441
Goshogun will be subbed by Discotek soon.
>>
>>15401445
>but how many people understand tagalog.
who cares it's in English
>>
>>15401431
He's in literally every episode.
>>
File: 134023959995013118502_s-4.jpg (54KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
134023959995013118502_s-4.jpg
54KB, 600x425px
I'm on episode 9 of Godmars.

The show's actually pretty damn interesting -- the character dynamics and politics and stuff work fairly well.

The mecha battles are the least interesting part, because they're always exactly the same.

The "sakuga" (animation/art style) is actually really impressive most of the time.
>>
File: 1490341075885.jpg (31KB, 617x475px) Image search: [Google]
1490341075885.jpg
31KB, 617x475px
>>15401470
You may have forced my hand on this one. I guess there is no avoiding the age of fatso.
>>
>>15401470
>tfw the one time he outrode a pair of literal goddamn ninjas on a bike
>>
I just started Orguss. I like the original concept haven't seen anything like it.
>>
since this is an 70s/80s thread I wanted to ask is Dunbine worth the watch?
>>
>>15404389
It's not the best show, and its last arc is famous for toddling, but it's not bad.
>>
>>15406081
Now him, but how's the OVA, Wings of Rean?
>>
Finished Zambot 3 it was a great show and even if the ending fight was depressing has shit I think the end itself was joyful
>>
I am going to watch ideon soon
Should I watch the TV series then the 2 movies or should I skip the first recap movie and watch the second
>>
>>15407276
If you've seen the series recently, the first recap movie may actually make things worse with its awful pacing. If there's a big gap between when you watch the series and the movies, it's passable as a refresher.
>>
>>15407215

I'm 4 episodes in and I really like it. It is definitely unhinged Tomino, though still more accessible than something like Brain Powerd. The plot is pretty tightly written, it has many excellent stand out moments like you would expect from a Tomino show, interesting worldbuilding and fight choreography, and you just get thrown into the middle of things instead of having to deal with too much boring exposition in the first episode. The dialogue and some of the characters are strange, but ultimately very effective.
>>
>>15407215
>but how's the OVA, Wings of Rean?
Shit
>>
>>15407215
>Wings of Rean

It's got the issue that it's really, really too fast. I think it needed more time to resolve itself, it goes from plot point to plot point with very little time to build character (outside the last episode, which is fine) and if you've seen Dunbine it has the issue of being rather similar in a lot of its major plot points.

On a more "this thread" point, though, Tales Of Neo Byston Well is total, irredeemable, complete and utter garbage. Anything good it may have had going it throws away by the end, and that's saying a lot given its extremely short runtime. It is not recommendable in the slightest. Watch it if you want, but don't go in expecting great things, as you will be let down.
>>
What are your thoughts on gunbuster? should I watch the OVA version or movie version?
>>
>>15407750
OVA
>>
>>15407750
OVA it's only 6 episodes. The compilation movie strangles two short OVA series into something extremely lacking.
>>
>>15401441
Daimos hasn't been updated since 2014, so I wouldn't exactly call that "working on it"
>>
>>15401420
Someone was working on jeeg (I believe they're on episode 13)
>>
does anyone know where I can find these series in blu-ray quality:
Godmars
Baldios
>>
>>15407792
The sub ninjas are very efficient at preventing people from working on that show.
>>
god fucking damnit gold lightan's op is catchy as fuck why do the subninjas always go after it
>>
If you guys have 80s!Tetsujin BD, can you please post any booklet scans and some screenshots of it
>>
>>15410670
>gold lightan
I had no idea what that was so I did a quick google search, and I want to know one thing
WHO designed this mech.
>>
File: robo.jpg (125KB, 550x454px) Image search: [Google]
robo.jpg
125KB, 550x454px
Posted a thread exclusively about this, but it bears repeating her:

DaiApollon, Mechander Robo, Blocker Corps IV Machineblaster, and freakin' Guinguiser are gonna be revisited?!?

Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-04-04/animation-companies-cross-boundaries-to-commemorate-70-mecha-anime-with-miracle-robot-force/.114294#ZsfTjKpOzF41QOJA.01
>>
>>15412305
Why did they only pick red mecha? Are they going to brand them all as a new show that focuses on them being a mecha B-team to the more famous super robots? Because I'd watch that.
>>
>>15411834
Gold Lightan is pretty great, though. It's like God Mars, except with functional limbs and glorious gold.

>>15412389
Because most of the robots in the mid 70s were red. Not all of them - you get things like Jeeg and Ga Keen that weren't (though Ga Keen had a red robot) - but most, so when you bring back shows from 40 years ago, that's what happens. Hell, that's only one of the four Blocker IV robots, and the others at most have red as a secondary color.

As for what they're doing, they're giving them all DVDs (only Dai Apollon's are specifically announced right now) and rebroadcasting them (Blocker IV's on TV now) according to the site.

http://miraclerobot-force.com
>>
>>15412726
So, sadly, no modern day super robot show, but at least we are getting cool new art out of the deal.
>>
File: Grendizer1.jpg (113KB, 1024x558px) Image search: [Google]
Grendizer1.jpg
113KB, 1024x558px
>>15395873
How does /m/ like Grendizer? I was looking for a 70s super robot show to dig into since I've most just watched 80s and 90s stuff. So far the only 70s mecha I've seen is 0079 and Zanbot 3.
>>
>>15413194
I don't think it's subbed fully.
>>
>>15412389
>>15412920
It would have been funny if there was a Robot Girls-style show, if only to point out their hokey gimmicks.

>>15411834
It's made to sell toy lighters to kids. No, seriously.

>>15413194
It has subs, but in a ESL manner. Johnnyenglishsubs is doing the whole show via the official French subs, but that will take a while. That said, it's good for what it is (even if one character's introduction clearly had Shingo Araki's favoritism).
>>
has anyone here seen Dangaioh and Tobikage, I am playing on playing SRW Impact soon, so I am probably going to watch these 2 series since they are out on blu-ray (even though ep3 of dangaioh is an upscale since the original source was lost)
>>
>>15414944
I also would like to know how Dangaioh holds up. I want to watch it because I've known of it for a while, it's short, pretty good Obari designs, and Patlabor mentioned it. I'll end up watching it anyways because it's so short, I just am curious if it's good or not.
>>
Is Ideon unironically worth watching?
>>
>>15414953
Dangaioh is a solid OVA, so expect some great animation, not too much plot and an inconclusive ending. Enjoyable ride though.

>>15414985
Yes.
>>
>>15414944
>>15414953
Dangaioh's pretty okay

>>15414985
Yes. And nothing is worth watching ironically.
>>
>>15414944
>>15414953
>Dangaioh

Not a bad short series, but the last five minutes of the last episode were very clearly tacked on to give it some sort of conclusion and it sort of just ends. Which is about par for the course for OVAs of that time period so fair enough. It looks really nice at least.

>Tobikage

Is fucking terrible, legitimately one of the worst /m/ shows in existence. SRW takes away pretty much all of the worst stuff, which means you can admire the mech designs more. Its plot is terrible and can only work if literally all the characters are allowed to be braindead, but that's ok, because all the characters are legitimately braindead all the time except the people who are never onscreen and the villain who is a threat purely on being mildly competent. The animation is totally, completely awful, which is about what you'd expect out of 1985 TV, but I'm pretty sure even shit like Dancouga (you know, the show that had literal slide show animation at one point) was better animated than Tobikage. Hell, Tobikage had what is almost certainly one of Masami Obari's first animation jobs in a specific mid show episode, and it STILL looks like fucking piss.

Watch it only if you absolutely want to.

>>15414985
>unironically worth watching

Irony has nothing to do with anything here.

Ideon's good though.
>>
>>15415050
>Irony has nothing to do with anything here
I think I'll like it here
Should I watch the TV series or just the movies?
>>
>>15415087
TV series then the second movie. First movie is just a recap of the show except terribly done.
>>
>>15415092
Thanks anon-kun
>>
File: kys.png (476KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
476KB, 720x542px
>Mazinger 39
>Count Brocken's first appearance
>immediately starts shit-talking Baron Ashura relentlessly

I think I'm gonna like this guy a lot.
>>
>>15401580
I find the character animation and even Gaia to be fairly well animated most of the time. It's just Godmars itself that barely moves, and even that begins to change after around episode 21.

>>15415275
I actually watched Shin Mazinger before the original, mostly so I could judge it on it's own merits, but it really is a lot more enjoyable when you're actually familiar with it...but the reason I'm bringing that up is because after Brocken in that show, the one in the original came off pretty lame, mostly because of his voice and subtle character design change.
>>
I haven't seen godmars before, so until I read your comments I thought that the animators in SRW were lazy to do any animation so they just kept the unit still.
>>
>>15415275
He's pretty fuckin' good, but just wait until Ashura gets to laugh at him again for jobbing just as hard.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Tail end of the time period, but does anyone have a lead on subbed Jushin Liger? I've never found any and trying to watch it without subs, while interesting, doesn't really give me the full experience.
>>
>>15415809
I think only the first 2 episodes have been subbed
>>
Is Combattler/Voltes V a must watch, I've seen the units in many SRW games.
>>
>>15416647

I will probably get crucified for this, but not really.

Watch Kotetsu Jeeg instead.
>>
>>15416647
They're solid enough shows.
>>
>>15416647
Voltes V is less formulaic then better than Combattler.
>>
>>15401420
Gaiking has been released by Discotek, and they'll be releasing Go Shogun soon as well
>>
>>15416647
Combattler is pretty bad but the first half has some alright episodes
>>
>>15415809
>>15415904
So much bad luck in subs that not even the live-action version has subs.
>>
>>15415087
TV series first. First movie is a badly done recap, you can probably safely skip it (I mean you don't have to, but you're not getting much out of it), but the last movie is vital.

>>15415296
>even that begins to change after around episode 21.

The thing is that though God Mars gets a lot of new animation around that point... it then uses all of that as stock and you just get the same problem as before but now it has five different ways it can move instead of three. (not the actual numbers but it's close)
>>
>>15398009
I'd say all the translations for Kinnikuman are at least decent up until the final arc. That part gets pretty bad.

>>15411834
Gold Lightan is incredible. One of my favorite 80s shows. No joke, it's absolutely batshit insane.
>>
>ctrl+f
>Daitarn
>0 results

Why?
How can nobody mention James Bond Batman Martian Rambo mech pilot Haran Banjo so far?
>>
>>15418160
Because I watched it years ago and marathoned it in about three days. Because it was good.
>>
Couple questions.

1. Did Getter Robo ever get finished subs? I remember enjoying it up until the crabsticks.

2. Does Tosho Daimos have any subs?
>>
>>15418160
I liked Daitarn 3, but did anyone else feel that the fight scenes had a major drop in quality after the halfway point?

For the first half of the show, they were excellent. Lots of punching, kicking and grappling, stuff like Daitarn throwing his melee weapons and the Megaborg catching them and counterattacking. Both sides would trade blows, Banjo would get the upper hand and knock the Megaborg on his ass, and then Sun Attack and Daitarn Crash.

For the second half, almost every fight seemed to go like:

>Daitarn uses his weapons on the Megaborg and they're ineffective
>Megaborg knocks Daitarn on his ass and beats the shit out of him
>Banjo finds some kind of exploit or weak spot
>Sun Attack, no Daitarn Crash

It was a good show altogether, and there were still some great episodes in the second half, but I thought that was a pretty big disappointment.
>>
>>15418181
1. No.

2. Daimos has subs, but only for the first quarter. Sub groups tend to die before they get further than that point.
>>
playing SRW BX now
wanted to know how good is
Galient (blu-ray is coming out)
Gaint Gorg
also how is the Five Star Stories movie compared to the manga
>>
File: Not a Scopedog.jpg (569KB, 1381x1621px) Image search: [Google]
Not a Scopedog.jpg
569KB, 1381x1621px
>>15419113
It's pretty good. Been a while since I watched Galient though so I don't recall all the details, but I remember it starting off kinda slow in the first few episodes before it starts picking up major steam and getting all sorts of crazy.
>>
>>15418181
>2. Does Tosho Daimos have any subs?
give in to the legend of RICHAAAAAAAAAAAARD
>>
>>15419679
Would be cool if someone could have the patience of syncing that audio to better video raws, at least.
>>
>>15419113
The Five Star Stories is just about the first arc of the manga (Lachesis arc) with few modifications or cuts on it
>>
>Start Ideon
>Watch up to episode
>Kind of interesting at times but otherwise pretty bland and hard to watch
Should I keep going just to see the hype about Be Invoked?
>>
>>15422737

If you find it bland and hard to watch no point in continuing really.
>>
>>15419679
ERIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
I finally reached episode 15 of orguss, and we it seems that we have finally learned about what is going on in this world. Lot's of info was dumped in this episode.
>>
>>15412305
Cool except for Ginguiser. Memes aside, ginguiser is actually horrible and difficult to take seriously in any context.
>>
>>15419113
Giant Gorg is incredible. Stellar animation, nice story, and a great wrap-up ending. More long term plot-driven and less episodic
>>
>>15415050
>The animation is totally, completely awful
what the fuck

https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=ninja_senshi_tobikage
>>
File: 2-in-the-mouth-of-madness.jpg (172KB, 1610x717px) Image search: [Google]
2-in-the-mouth-of-madness.jpg
172KB, 1610x717px
>>15423953
>difficult to take seriously
it's a laugh riot
>>
>>15423953
>difficult to take seriously

It's supposed to be comedic, so I think that's the point.

>>15424351
That's not even capturing the fact that the show abuses stock like... well, an 1980s /m/ anime, and most of that stock isn't particularly pretty looking either.
>>
>>15423953
>actually horrible
Not that this ever stopped Luurah from subbing anything. Several volunteers ran away from doing this show before the project finally got off the ground. His nostalgia is that strong.
>>
>>15425345
>That's not even capturing the fact that the show abuses stock like... well, an 1980s /m/ anime, and most of that stock isn't particularly pretty looking either.
Sure, but I just think that calling the animation completely awful when the show has some really good Kanada-style stuff is a bit of an overstatement.
>>
>>15425400
>a classic animation style that objectively looks great is a shitty meme
Pretty sure you're the one who should off himself.
>>
File: ouch.png (545KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.png
545KB, 640x479px
>>15425368
>the show has some really good Kanada-style stuff

God Mars had good animation sometimes too, anon. Doesn't change that the memes exist for a reason.
>>
>>15407858
>Baldios
not sure if there is a blu ray or not, but I wanted to know your guys thoughts on baldios.
>>
>>15395873
Watching more 70s Toei I'm really feeling they get a bad rap. While they can be cheesy and adhere to monster of the week, the drama and characterizations are really strong and the shows can have really engrossing episodes. Sure the dialogue can be a bit stilted at times and animation can end up stock footage fests, but neither occur as often as people like to make it seem.
>>
This thread seems to be going well, maybe we should make 90s and 00s mecha threads.
>>
I recently watched Combattler V and Voltes V. I plan to watch Zambot 3 and Daitarn 3 soon after.
>>
>>15427634

I'n liking Zambot 3 at the moment, though I am 15 episodes in and it seems like the show needs to add on some themes and ideas, it is starting to become a broken record. Still entertaining though. Also the MC is a very annoying kid.
>>
File: clever girl.png (2MB, 1415x1047px) Image search: [Google]
clever girl.png
2MB, 1415x1047px
Well played, Toei Getter. This gave me a hearty chuckle.
>>
>>15395873
How did people watch such low detailed art and shows back then?
>>
>>15427765
I think I'm going to watch Zambot along with Giant Gorg once I'm finished with Mazinger, Zeta and Fighbird.

Gorg is relatively cheerful, right? I'm hoping watching it alongside Zambot will even out the suffering.
>>
>>15429458
Same way they do so nowadays.
>>
>>15429458
How do people watch Dragon Ball Super when it has worse art and animation than Toei shows from over 40 years ago?
>>
>>15426476
Needs subs
>>
>>15429458
They weren't spoiled faggots like you.
>>
>>15429458
Because they aren't that? At least, not any more so than any other era.
>>
>>15407796
Where can I find Jeeg #7-13? I've spent days searching torrent sites and Google. All I've found the first 6 episodes of the original Jeeg and the complete run of newer one.

https://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/koutetsu-jeeg #1-6
>>
>>15395873

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLpQ7iZXZ0
>>
>>15395873

The 70s Super Robot series had a unique quality of camp along with sentimental drama that couldn't be replicated today.

One of my favorites was Voltes V, especially the relationship between Kenichi and his brother Prince Heinel; the ending had a really good payoff.
>>
>>15430815
Good old Nyaa: https://www.nyaa.se/?user=313063
>>
>>15429466
Well, to help you feel better about it: among the two of them, one dog gets to survive, won't say which.
>>
>>15430841
>especially the relationship between Kenichi and his brother Prince Heinel;

That spoiler.......

Well good thing I judge shows according to how well they hold up when you know all the twists a head of time. Still looking forward to starting on it after God Mars and Giant Gorg ( Both are on Crunchyroll and I like the idea of supporting good /m/ shows on streaming sites).
>>
>>15423830
I reached episode 22 now I am liking this series more than I thought.
>>
>>15413194
I really dig the design. Especially the horns.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (420KB, 956x716px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
420KB, 956x716px
Anyone got a good torrent or DL for Laserion? The one on Nyaa's not working right.
>>
>>15395873
So, what is everyone's favorite year of the two decades ?

For me it's 85. Area 88, Megazone 23, Zeta Gundam, Dancouga, Layzner, and Iczer 1
Not mention great non-mecha stuff like Dream Hunter Rem, Dirty Pair, Angel's Egg and Vampire Hunter D. The year was stacked.
>>
>>15433292
Not a torrent, but you can find it here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://z8.invisionfree.com/mSubs/index.php?showtopic=666

Laserion is an odd show. It's pretty bad, but tries to merge the 80s Real Robot style with classic Super Robot one in a somewhat unique way. Granted none of it works at all as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>15434366
87 and 83 come close, but 85 is the big daddy of the years.
>>
>>15434366
>>15434413
Also Tobikage, but we can ignore that. And Machine Robo RoC for what that matters.

That was the year for G1 Transformers and The Last Red Shoulder though.
>>
File: Mazinger Z Pimpslap.jpg (140KB, 750x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinger Z Pimpslap.jpg
140KB, 750x1175px
idk if this is the relevant thread but does anyone know where I can find raws of Shin Mazinger ZERO and its Ankoku Daishogun followup? I couldn't find anything translated past the penultimate volume of ZERO so I went looking for raws and couldn't find a fucking thing.
>>
>>15434797
Nyaa/randomraws
>>
>>15434819
Let's 'pretend' I'm an idiot, but I didn't have any joy; searching randomraws got me a page of stuff that wasn't Mazinger and straight up doing a title check only found me the first five volumes.
>>
Where are you finding these shows to watch?
>>
>>15434828
Just searching for Mazinger should get you what you want, but I think there should be some big Nagai torrent on nyaa that also has it
>>
>>15435455
Used to find them on Bakabt, but that's gone now.

If by "where do you find them" you mean "how do you know they exist", the occasional /m/ thread, SRW, rarely some other thing temporarily spotlights an old series (I want to watch Gold Lightan partly because of Tatsunoku VS Capcom made me love it), and of course the giant charts and lists of old shows.
>>
>>15425345
>watching Ginguiser
>compaining about stock footage

what the fuck are you even doing here?
>>
>>15438368
When literally every fight in almost all the episodes are a bunch of stock sequences literally used one after the other (As in same enemies and everything, sometimes even the same backgrounds, sometimes even when that doesn't fit), then yes, I complain.
>>
File: urashima_boroto.png (1011KB, 1025x720px) Image search: [Google]
urashima_boroto.png
1011KB, 1025x720px
>how fucking big would this turtle even be?
>>
>>15438682
180 feet long and about 30 feet high.
>>
File: mazinger_team_big_[questions].jpg (378KB, 1058x914px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger_team_big_[questions].jpg
378KB, 1058x914px
OK dudes, you've probably seen this pic before. Drawn by an Italian fan. I've identified every one of robots but the red one. I believe it's a fan design. Anyone here have any insights?
>>
>>15439021
I just spent about an hour looking and I have no fucking clue
maybe it's from a manga?
>>
>>15439021
left is GMFA1, right is GrottanGo
>>
Im watching VOTOMS right now and i need something to watch after. /m/ got anything to recomend?
>>
>>15440403
Patlabor, UC Gundam
>>
>>15440403
Zillion or Xabungle
>>
>>15440423
Seen the ova and first movie of patlabor. Is the tv show the same in terms of atmosphere?
Also seen 079 and zeta gundam so what uc would you recomend i watch?
>>
>>15440438
Patlabor TV series is to the movies and OVA what StandAlone Complex is to Ghost in the Shell and Innocence, lesser, but still really good. Mamoruu Oshii isn't directing the project anymore, but it's still really well directed

watch Mobile Suit Gundam, ZZ, and Char's counterattack for starters, but everything in the UC is at least worth watching, up to the recent Thunderbolt OVAs
>>
>>15434405
Thanks man.
>>
>>15440403
More Votoms
Alternatively Mellowlink
>>
>>15440523
Grabbed Mellowlink befor bakaBt went down. What relation does it have to VOTOMS?
>>
>>15440545
Side story, same universe, no connection apart from some one who looks like Chirico appearing for a split second.
>>
>>15440403
watch layzner if you can find it in blu ray quality, its made by the same creator
also galient is made by the same creator (blu rays are coming out soon)
>>
>>15440091
>left is GMFA1

GMFA1? What is that?

>right is GrottanGo

Weirdly, it doesn't exactly match either Grottango or "Maboroshi no God Mazinger." [see pic] Although you're probably right that it's supposed to be Grottango.

Still very curious about GMFA1.
>>
>>15440403
Did you see Dougram yet?

If not do Dougram.

>>15440545
Same universe following a different guy, he goes to Kummen at one point and kills someone from the show IIRC but that's basically it.

Also a good show.
>>
File: mazinger_team_big.jpg (702KB, 1058x914px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger_team_big.jpg
702KB, 1058x914px
>>15441350
>GMFA1

Oh wait, I found it on a Mazinger/Nagai wiki. Cool. Thanks for the info! Pic revised.
>>
>>15441432
Dougram is super fucking good, although the pace of the show is absolutely glacial.
>>
since the dvd is going to be released in the US I wanted to know your thoughts on Dancouga
>>
>>15443846
its been a while since I saw it , but its an OK series, haven't seen the OVAs yet
>>
>>15443846
Cool setting and characters, especially the villains. Generally good, but the stock footage and stills do get to be a bit much. That being said, Gundor is still one of the coolest fucking things I've ever seen in a mecha anime.

I seem to remember watching a version of Requiem for Victims that cuts out the recap? That was fucking great, just Dancouga and Death Gaia duking it out, although the defeat of Emperor Muge was kinda dull. I wish he would've come out in his own robot.

God Bless is also great, but the modern city setting is less interesting than the apocalyptic world of the TV series. Still, good stuff.
>>
>>15395873

I just finished Zambot 3. The concepts were really cool but the writing was disappointing. This was my first foray into 70s super robot shows. Is Mazinger Z or Getter Robo better in their execution ?
>>
>>15446700
Mazinger Z is like 92 episodes of fun episodic robot fights with some fucked up episodes mixed in every now in then. Don't expect much story. Although, there is some sense of progression with all the upgrades the robot gets.
>>
>>15446742
>Although, there is some sense of progression with all the upgrades the robot gets.

This is one thing I'm really liking about Mazinger, and something I like about mecha in general. The last 70s show I watched was Daitarn 3, and I was really disappointed that there weren't any new weapons revealed as the series went on.
>>
>>15446795
70s shows are a niche taste
>>
>>15415809
Lord Zedd?
>>
>>15446742
There's also the villains and their antics, e.g. Ashura vs. Brocken, the creation of Hell Island, Pygman and Archduke Gorgon, etc.
>>
>>15449731
How is Pygman? I was really confused when he randomly showed up in the manga but i read from the wiki that on the show, which is what he appeared in first I believe, he is probably the most competent of Dr Hells subordinates. He was super cool in Shin when they combined him with the Mazinger Z black guy from Violence Jack.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.