[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinion on the live action Devilman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Honest opinion on the live action Devilman?
>>
>>15394591
One of the worst movies based on a comic. But still not as bad as Devilman Lady.
>>
>>15396427
>Devilman Lady
The anime or the manga? If the former, it is pretty bad, but I've yet to finish it.
>>
>>15396427
Devilman Lady is a masterpiece.
>>15396618
Anime is good too.
>>
>>15394591
I often forget it exists. I've never heard one person say anything good about it so I'm not motivated to track it down.

>>15396618
Haven't watched the anime but the manga is one of Nagai's worst and makes no sense. I can appreciate how crazy the ending is for the pure calculated absurdity but it's overall just a bad manga. Amon is the only true sequel to Devilman in my opinion, although it's been established that technically every Devilman story is canon because Lucifer is in a time loop as punishment for betraying God.
>>
>>15396700
Amon is gay and Devilman Lady is a masterpiece.

Go away tumblrina.
>>
>>15396700
Fuck Amon. Manga fucking sucks and makes no sense.
>>
>>15396792
Just get some taste.
>>
>>15396710
Just because it has some funny crazy stuff on it doesn't make it good. Weirdly inconsistent and abrupt characterizations, bizarre plot directions, needless walls of text, and other issues make it just a slog to read through. No amount of titillation, Devilman Lady fingering her asshole, or bizarre twists make it not an overall boring and stupid story.

>>15396719
How did it make no sense?
>>
File: 545454.jpg (8KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
545454.jpg
8KB, 198x255px
>>
I like devilman lady, it's on par with the original manga and I like how nagai didn't stray away from sexual scenes, even if they are a bit absurd
>>
>>15394591
Honestly, it's the small moments of competence that really make it awful. Because there are little bits in the movie where you can see the better movie that they're wasting the opportunity to make, but then the main actor comes back on screen and stares blankly at the camera before (I assume) reading some dialogue off of a cue-card so that he can get back to nap time.

It's definitely not worth the time that it takes to watch. It's not 100% bad, but it is 99% bad and that 1% actually makes it worse because it tells you that it didn't have to be as bad as it is.
>>
How do i get into devilman?

What do i watch/ read first?
>>
>>15399155
Read Devilman, that's the main thing. There is an indepth tumblr, yes tumblr shut up shitposters I don't like the site either but this is a good resource, that has a good guide of the entire series.

Just read the original manga and if you enjoy it branch out into the other manga, there's a specific order for a couple of them but many can be read in any order, and you can also watch the Toei anime and the handful of OVAs out there. The most important thing is start with the original manga.
>>
>>15399190
Thanks, i'll try to find that tumblr and start with the original manga
>>
>>15399206
The tumblr is by someone named Ryo Asuka apologist. If you Google Search Devilman guide it's the first result. Just to be sure you aren't spoiled wait to check out the guide until after you finish the manga.
>>
>>15399145
Agreed. The concept of what was going in the world with the demon incursion and all that was actually pretty damn interesting, as was the ending. But practically everything involving Devilman himself was ruined by the pretty boy twins they forced into the main roles and the story just jumped all over the place.
>>
>>15396618
Manga. Anime is ok.
>>
File: not reading the sticky on fit.webm (1011KB, 444x330px) Image search: [Google]
not reading the sticky on fit.webm
1011KB, 444x330px
One of the worst things I've ever seen.
How and why I own the 2 DVD special edition is still beyond me.
>>
>>15394591
In the movie's defense, the ending was pretty good and faithful, it's just everything else that sucked hard.

I mean, where's the hippy scene? Akira's transformation was fucking lame compared to what we got in the OVAs and the original manga.
>>
>>15394591
meh, just meh
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.