[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 10 best mecha pilots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: 3400292-lelouch-1-.png (238KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
3400292-lelouch-1-.png
238KB, 640x448px
https://youtu.be/Bc4L39ao3z4
>>
File: 2b1.gif (852KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
2b1.gif
852KB, 500x224px
>>15390588
>Watchmojo
>>
>>15390588
WOW, just wow. Half of those aren't even the best in their own show.
>>
If we're going with "best" as "most skilled" you have to include Stark Jegan guy.
>>
File: fHFZI.gif (3MB, 320x183px) Image search: [Google]
fHFZI.gif
3MB, 320x183px
>>15390634
They said no pilots from Gundam
And dont forget about Byarlant Custom guy
>>
Someone post the list for me to get mad at i ain't watching this.
>>
>>15390588
>asuka
>literally didnt beat a single angel on her own
>best eva pilot
>fucking asuka
>>
I think they are marking a list for Gundam on its own
>>
>>15390674
She was so terrible she became suicidal
What a bitch
Only good for doujins

>>15390684
They already did one long ago
>>
>>15390664
#10. Nagate Tanikaze
#9. Haruto Tokishima
#8. Sousuke Sagara
#7. Isamu Dyson
#6. Slaine Troyard
#5. Roger Smith
#4. Noriko Takaya
#3. Lelouch Vi Britania
#2. Asuks Langley Soryu
#1. Simon
>>
>>15390658
Byarlant Custom guy is named though, and he kinda had the superior suit.
Stark Jegan guy is nameless and died a valiant death, almost killing a Cyber Newtype funnel monster with only a grunt suit.
But both are awesome anyway.
>>
>>15390696
>#9. Haruto Tokishima
>#3. Lelouch Vi Britania
>#2. Asuks Langley Soryu
Um....no. All of the nope.
>>
>>15390696
why is lelouch number 3?
>>
>>15390696
Half of those are only good because of their mechs and the other half are some of the worst in their shows.
>>
>>15390696
>asuka is literally the worst pilot in the series
>2
>>
>>15390696
Had good keks.
>>
>>15390696
>Haruto Tokishima
There are at least 8 other pilots better than him in the show.
>Slaine Troyard
Nope, bad as his character is Inaho is still the better pilot.
>Lelouch Vi Britania
Literally anyone is a better pilot than him.
>Asuks Langley Soryu
Character with no actual kills.
>>
File: Tumblr_nqv3xdEZjp1u8qr43o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_nqv3xdEZjp1u8qr43o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x358px
>3. Lelouch Vi "CC actually pilots" Britania
>>
>>15390696
>amuro isn't even on the list
>hell fucking casual faggot favorite jesus yamato isn't either
>>
>No Yazan
>No Char
>No Haman
>No Ryoma
Shit list
>>
>>15390696
>Lelouche

he never DID ANYTHING in a knightmare that was helpful to the situation
>>
>>15390911
>>15390924
They have a gundam only list
>>
>>15390939

He did with Shinkiro once or twice, that was about it.

Lelouch was a good shot, and was able to make incredible trajectory's with the Shikiro's beam reflector thingys and had the fine motor control to make his knightmare make a pizza even (he was the one that usually did it during the festivals), but his slow as molasses reaction time meant he was helpless in melee combat which was what most of the fights came down to.

Lelouch had his skills in area's of piloting, they just weren't going toe to toe with Suzaku or Cornelia, and being in grunt for most of the 1st season meant he got a reputation for being constantly shot down.

But he wasn't the worst pilot in the show. That would be Tamaki that never accomplished anything and was shot down in every sortie (idiot couldn't even make the landing on Nunally's transport ship without getting hit by turret fire, which even Lelouch could pull off) or even that bad a pilot.

But he wasn't the best pilot in the show by far, since guys like Suzaku and Kallen and Cornelia could actually shoot well and also dodge and melee fight. Let alone be the 2nd best on this list.
>>
>>15391009
cornelia was best mechawaifu. she could take on guren mk 2 and gawain just with a gloucester.
>>
>>15390696
>Isamu
>Not Max
>>
File: 114.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>15390696
>Both Chirico and Maya are absent
>Pilots who are actually skilled to the point that they could merc people in mechs that hadn't had proper maintenance in ages
>>
>>15390700
>he kinda had the superior suit.

That applied to almost every single pilot on that base, the Byarlant pilot was the only one decent enough to not get killed in the battle and kill tons of remnants in the process.
>>
>>15390737
reifag alert
>>
>>15391009
>Lelouch had his skills in area's of piloting, they just weren't going toe to toe with Suzaku or Cornelia
Lelouch got out maneuvered by everyone he faced it wasn't just against ace pilots but grunts as well. He wasn't a good pilot period.
>Tamaki
He only sorties once as a joke and gets shot down rather quickly
>>
File: jenius date.webm (1MB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
jenius date.webm
1MB, 650x650px
>>15390696
>Isamu Dyson
This is incorrect.
>>
>>15390758
Yeah, These 4 are the most glaring examples that they didn't watch the shows.
>>
>>15390696
Literally plebeian choices.

Why do casual Anime goers don't like watching old shows?
>>
>>15390588
>watchmojo
/m/ could make a better list than watchmojo.
>>
>>15391253
When one of these lists lacks Getter or Votoms pilots you know they don't have any clue what they are talking about.

>>15391009
Lelouch is literally such a bad pilot they stuck him in a near invincible frame so he wouldn't get himself killed
>>
>>15392057
You're right, practically anyone could make a better list than them.
>>
>>15390715
Probably because he's a popular character, I'm sure that's why most of the people are on this list.
>>
Where is Prince Ali?
>>
>>15390684

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts4Lc-_Ezzw
>>
>>15391324
>He only sorties once as a joke and gets shot down rather quickly

He went out in every group battle the Black Knights participated in and was always shot down without being any help. Except for the battle in China where he somehow managed to get not get hit.
>>
>>15390696
>Haruto "style changes in the middle of an unwinnable midseries fight because he's too busy trying to be a goddamn hero to notice his opponent IS PILOTING A JELLO GUNDAM POWERED BY THE BUTTHURT OF A VAMPIRIC SPACE LEMON and still somehow manages to hold his ground long enough more or less to prevent the module from being warcrimed to death completely" Tokishima
>worse than Lelouch "canonically incapable of piloting a KMF worth a damn and relegates the job to an immortal while he sits shotgun in conveniently obtained command units where he can play chopsticks on a keyboard and feel like he's relevant on the battlefield" Vi Britannia

Or is it cheating to bodyjack the world's most overqualified supersoldier to compensate for lack of real military training so you can stab angry butthurt space vampires to death properly?

This is clearly a "rank your favorite recent and/or popular mech protags" list through and through.
>>
>>15392861
>Haruto
He shouldn't even be on the list as the show repeatedly show how bad of a pilot he was and that without L-Elf he was basically useless.
>>
>>15390588
Shill, shill go away. Come again never.
>>
>>15393015
Still better than Ledouche.
>>
>>15393039
Debatable.
>>
>>15392861
What makes it worse is Lelouche being a SHIT pilot is part of his charm, i really liked how SRW implemented him, he is worth fielding but not due piloting skills but because he is a good frontline tactician (Though you can glitch so he can grind up absurd levels of PP quickly and basically be leagues above everyone else IIRC).
>>
>>15393042
No. They are both terrible pilots but Lelouch is far worse.
>>
File: 61623.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
61623.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
Where is Akito
Where are the Getter trio
Where is Banjo
Shit there are even Gurren Lagann characters that deserve to be on this list more than LELOUCH
>>
>>15393042
Not really.
Lelouch can't fight his way out of a paper bag, even on foot he's hilariously out of shape and has to bank on outwitting people and/or geassing them into submission.

Haruto's sheer determination and stubbornness puts him on a level of serviceably competent significantly above Lelouch's best, and that's on top of being his show's resident bad luck singularity.
>>
>>15393095
>serviceably competent
I agree that Lelouch is below bottom of the trash tier, but those two are ridiculously overestimating Haruto. Boy is incompetent as fuck repeatedly has to borrow someone else's far superior skills after the first few episodes and if he didn't he lost and was only saved by deus ex machina.
>>
>>15391247
Max > Basara >> Isamu
>>
File: Amuro's_Miracle.jpg (229KB, 2000x1418px) Image search: [Google]
Amuro's_Miracle.jpg
229KB, 2000x1418px
>>15390588
So then, can we make our own top ten list given that this one is obviously shit?

Obvious Choices:
>Max
>Amuro

Let's build from there.
>>
>>15393243
I say we hard impose the limit of one pilot per franchise. I think Ryoma and Chirico are obvious choices.
>>
>>15393259
I'd pick Hayate over Ryoma.
>>
>>15393259
I'd second these 2 and add Shinji (you can hate, but he was an Angel killing machine) and Shishio Guy.
>>
>>15393921
>Shinji
You mean his mom.
>>
>>15393921
>Shinji (you can hate, but he was an Angel killing machine)
I don't hate Shinji, I just think he's hardly qualified as a "good pilot". He's insubordinate, acts solely on emotion, and has severe mental issues. Even if he's good at killing, when push comes to shove, I wouldn't trust him on the battlefield. Fuck, you can't ask the guy to bring you a can of soda without him sperging out at you.
>>
>>15393921
Asuka is better than Shinji
>>
>>15390588
omg Big O was so motherfucking tight
totally forgot that it was a show
old school toonami, man
>>
>>15393884
You should learn to spell Hayato correctly before rallying behind him.

Jokes aside Ryoma is clearly the best Getter pilot. He does the most insane breakneck maneuvers and pulls it off just about every time. Ryoma is an ace in any mode and even in just a Getter machine. Ryoma also is the only one about to pilot Shin Getter solo if I remember correctly.

>>15393921
I don't think anyone from Eva can honestly be brought to the table. Pilots are more so just enablers for their Eva to pilot themselves. He also never does anything particularly impressive.

Guy should definitely be considered though. I would also like to recommend Van from Gun X Sword.
>>
>>15390700

> he got physically close to the Kshatriya
> that's analguous to almost killing it
> but anon, his beam saber was close to her cockpit and it was only armor that saved her
> yes, because as we all know, pilots don't expect and count on armor
> nor do they use the knowledge they have it as part of a strategy
> never mind that she didn't use any of the suit's own guns
> she didn't kill him using those guns and allowed him to get close because she wanted to take him on in close combat the way Stark Jegan was trying for presumably
> regardless, the external reason is just to allow the scene to have a cool fight moment and not just have the Kshatriya use it's guns to end it early
>>
>>15390696
>Lelouch Vi Britania
The fact that he's merely proficient at piloting comes up continuously. How can you fuck this up?
>>
>>15393921

Shinji was a average pilot at best. Most of his angel kills was just passing out and letting mommy do all the heavy lifting.

That is the best way to use Eva's so he can't really be faulted for that, but he wasn't a really skilled.

Asuka was honestly more skilled than he was once she stopped being so mopy the Eva wouldn't work. Her MP Eva beatdown was all her.
>>
Ok so obviously this list is a load of bunk and you shouldn't give a shit about it, but what does /m/ say the top ten best pilots are?

(if your list contains a bunch of pilots from a single show or franchise, maybe make a second one that limits it to one per either of those)
>>
>>15393243
Can we list the Zero System? Not a pilot using it, but just the system itself.
>>
>>15393243
Let me see.
Max (Macross)
Amuro (Gundam)
Ryoma (Getter)
Akito (Nadesico)
Simon (Gurren Lagann; even if you hate the anime he was actually a great pilot)
Guy Shishioh (Gaogaigar)
Noriko Takaya (Gunbuster)

I haven't seen Patlabor, is there an ace pilot in that anime? Not sure if I should include Gasaraki's main character. From Evangelion there's no one, Shinji would be included if not for the fact that half of his fights were won by his mommy. And about the guy from the Big O dunno, I don't think he's particularly an ace, to be honest I'd think that Jason Beck is more talented but he only got to pilot the shitty robots.
If mecha armors are also allowed then perhaps Priss Asagiri (Bubblegum Crisis) could make the list.
>>
>>15392052
Funny thing, I've read person A telling that to person B because person B shitted on 90s anime. Person A complained about how kids don't know about anime that predated them. So I asked Person A "how many 60s/70s anime did you watch? Or even early 80s"? Person A replied "touché".
>>
>>15394734
>Simon (Gurren Lagann; even if you hate the anime he was actually a great pilot)
He's a good pilot, easily the best in his show, but if he reaches top 10 status I would put him towards the bottom. I feel like he is hampered by the weak choreography of his show, I can't recall any particularly impressive maneuvering he's ever done.

>Noriko Takaya (Gunbuster)
I was actually thinking about this today. How much of Noriko's achievements are due to her skill rather than thanks to the Gunbuster?
>>
>>15394853
I'd say:

>breaking through the Teppelin aerial assault and attaching the Gurren Wing
>fighting Lordgenome in half a robot
>shedding all of GL's forms and weaving through the Anti-Spiral's desperation attack

were pretty impressive.
>>
>>15394899
>breaking through the Teppelin aerial assault and attaching the Gurren Wing
I can agree with this, it's the only thing that came to mind but I didn't really remember the scene so I couldn't be sure if I was remembering correctly. This scene is the only reason I really consider Simon worthy of the list at all.

>fighting Lordgenome in half a robot
Majority of that fight he is getting his ass handed to him and Lordgenome even climbed out of his mecha to go full Master Asia on his ass.

>shedding all of GL's forms and weaving through the Anti-Spiral's desperation attack
He just kinda flew at him while shedding every layer of ttgl. Kinda the opposite of piloting when you really think about it.
>>
>>15394853
none, she is such a shitty pilot that she managed to learn nothing from her training montage
>>
>>15394734
Noa from Patlabor is actually an insanely talented pilot, she repeatedly takes on far more advanced machines using nothing but clever grappling maneuvers and sheer determination and manages to win.
>>
>>15394853
>How much of Noriko's achievements are due to her skill rather than thanks to the Gunbuster?

She beat up that one girl with the Inazuma Kick and dodged her finisher, kept up with Jung for a while, did that one insane maneuver with Gunbuster to kill the alien in Episode 4 which required pretty good timing and stuff to manage, and knew the full capabilities of her mech and what to use given specific circumstances.

So she's at least a good pilot. I dunno about "best", but it's a solid record at least.
>>
>>15390696
>slaine
>asuka
>lelouch
>haruto
This was on april fools right?
>>
>>15395122
Unfortunately no.
>>
>>15395122
>>15395129
Shame
>>
>>15394853
The thing is that in Gunbuster not even the best pilot in anime history would be able to amount to squat shit with the shitty robots. In fact, when she launches the other two aces were about to be killed.
And she did have the talent to pilot the Gunbuster, which was no small feat in the series. Also, what she did the first time she flew solo was quite impressive, everyone but Coachi thought it was suicide. She managed to catch an alien that moved at incredible speeds while being the only one using a mecha that was conceived for two pilots. I wouldn't put her at Max, Amuro or Ryoma's level, but she's definitively incredible nevertheless.
>>
>>15390696
Fucking C.C. is a better pilot than Lelouch and she most likely never touched the controls for a Knightmare until after meeting him
>>
>>15397906
>she most likely never touched the controls for a Knightmare until after meeting him
She was friends with Charles and Marianne, man. Of course she's piloted a KMF before.
>>
>>15390737
She was better at piloting, but piloting skill doesn't trump magical bullshit in Eva.

Kind of like most Gundams, really.
>>
File: Tetsuya_sad.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tetsuya_sad.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>15393072
>>
>>15399290
>>15394734
>>15393259
Do we consider the Mazinger pilots the same franchise as Getter because of the crossovers or not. If we aren't, then Tetsuya should be definitively included in my list. He's not as good as Ryoma IMO, but he's the better Mazinger-related pilot.
>>
>>15400742
>Do we consider the Mazinger pilots the same franchise as Getter because of the crossovers or not.
Of course we don't, they aren't even made by the same guy.

Tetsuya is definitely on the list of pilots in my opinion. He would be a bit lower on the list like max rank I see him being is like 7th, but he's definitely an ace pilot and the best pilot in the Mazinger franchise.
>>
>>15399267

Are there even many shows where skill trumps innate ability? I can think of several shows where there's no magic abilities, but few where someone with a magical ability of some kind is superseded by someone without via trained skill beyond Gundams X and AGE.
>>
>>15390696
Among those Tanikaze is by far the most skilled.

Unless i'm forgetting something.
>>
>>15390696
>#5. Roger Smith
Fair enough, he actually worked really well with what he got. His rig was slow and clunky and he hit like a sumbitch with it
>#4. Noriko Takaya
Also fair, Noriko pilots the Gunbuster way better than any other unexperienced autistic high schooler would
>#3. Lelouch Vi Britania
what
>#2. Asuks Langley Soryu
WHAT
>#1. Simon
He used excessive ammounts of friendship magic to overclock his mecha. That's not skill, it's bullshit power.
>>
>>15399290
I feel ya
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.