[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: hush.jpg (85KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
hush.jpg
85KB, 1200x675px
>Introduce him and build him up to grow into someone worth giving a shit about
>Expected him to be GOAT who we'd watch slowly become someone who could match Mika
>Dies a shitty death accomplishing absolutely nothing, never even getting close to his goal

What was the point?
It feels like such a waste of a character who got killed off for cheap drama.
>>
>What was the point?
To have someone carry a sack of potatoes with the words "MIKA" on them
>>
>>15389974
To show that no matter how hard you train, without natural ability you can't become an ace pilot.
>>
Jarid from zeta
>>
>>15390037
>cybernewtype organs
>the more you get the better you are
>natural
>>
>>15389974
More Mika cocksucker, as if we don't have enough already.
>>
>>15389974
People were offput by Mika after the first season, so they created Hush to try and rectify that. A young, wannabe pilot who comes to see how Sugoi Mika is, meanwhile Mika looks better for taking a young recruit under his wing and looking after him.

Basically, the kid is a prop to Mika. That and he's supposed to show how cool of bosses are because Tekkadan don't make recruits get the AV surgery in order to pilot MS.
>>
>>15389974
Nothing just like the rest of IBO.
>>
Someone make an AMV with this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpsj3zP5p48
>>
>>15389974
To show how foolish it is to idolize a soldier to the extent you want to become one. He wants to be like Mika so he can be a hero to his friends back home but ends up dying and obviously is never able to help them.
>>
>>15389974
They was Mika weelchair and supossed to take care of his children.
>>
>>15390583
That would be McGillis
>>
Did anyone think Hush was gonna be a turn coat or something?
>>
>>15389974
He was supposed to be the next main character and Mika was going to die early. Instead they scrapped the idea and just decided to kill him and literally no one even cared. No one cared about Akihiro either.
>>
>>15389974
My speculation is, maybe they plan to use him as S3 protag if S2 was succesful, but it wasnt so they kill him in the last fight
>>
>>15389974
cannon fodder
>>
>>15390663
No but I knew him like most of the season 2 characters were just cannon fodder to artificially elevate the angst and drama when characters started biting the bullet in the series endgame.
>>15390678
That reminds me of how shitty and forced the space debris arc was with how convenient they brought up and then killed off Akihiro's brother too.
>>
>>15389974
Cheap shock factor.
He was reverse Jerid.
>>
It reminded me of Yamato s3 when they introduced some new guys to show how far the older characters have gotten but then killed them at at the end anyways because nobody but the main characters are allowed to live
>>
>>15390625
>there is someone who has listened to this song over 80 thousand times
>>
Theres literally 0 point in the story, IBO is just for selling toys for manchildren
>>
>>15390723
>there are people in /m/ who got shocked with captain asshats death.
wow and I thought MAL was bad
>>
>>15390723
People love to laugh at Jerid but he at least got a few kills on some minor characters. He did rise in the ranks too, but unfortunately he was always just behind Kamille. He was a lot closer to realizing his goal than Hush was.
>>
>>15389974
Two dimensional fujoshi bait, like everybody else in the fucking cast.
>>
>He never got his own Gundam and became a rival.
>>
>>15390723

Shock factor only works if you give a shit about the character that gets offed though. (Or if you don't see the character's death coming from a mile off i.e. Lafter, Orga, Guts Jr.)
>>
>>15389974
Someone said that he represents someone who always wants but sometimes, wanting will never get you nothing
>>
>>15390804
You still momentary shock if you deliberately drive your car into the wall, which sums up experience of watching IBO.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.