[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was IBO better than G-Reco?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: toilet gundam.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
toilet gundam.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
So was IBO better than G-Reco?
>>
>>15387953
Nope. At best they're both bad, but in their own ways.
>>
>>15387968
> both bad
nigga shut your whore mouth. G-RECO is the greatest gundam tv series of this century, followed by Turn A.
>>
>>15387953
Yes, but that's saying very little. G-Reco was the worst mainstream Gundam since '79.
>>
>>15387953
In no way whatsoever.
>>
>>15387953
Not even close
>>
>>15387953
Not at all
>>
>>15387973
>Turn A
>Good

nice.
>>
>>15387953

beating G-Reco is easy
>>
>>15387953
I don't think so, G-Reco had cooler setting and characters.
>>
Easily.
Despite having some slogs to get through at least there was stuff to get mad or happy about. There were things to poke fun at and sperg about.
It was a way more engaging and rewarding experience.

I felt nothing during G-Reco.
It was just Tomino trying to be quirky and fun. And he sucks at being intentionally fun.
>>
>>15387953
No. G-Reco was boring. Same for AGE, Same for Build Fighters. Bandai fails when I don't feel the slightest bit inclined to buy a model kit from their shows. They fail harder when I don't even bother watching the show in full.

Dropped AGE at ep.5
Dropped G-Reco at ep 6
Dropped Build Fighters at Ep.1 (We all know that gundam is a 24 min long gunpla ad, I don't need them breaking the fourth wall)
>>
>>15387968
this

other than animation, Greco is shit
>>
>>15387953
G-Reco had too much story and not enough episodes.
GIBO had no story stretched over too many episodes
>>
>>15387953
IBO was entertaining in other ways
>see any IBO thread right now for triggered fujoshitters and pedophiles
G-Reco was not
>>
File: bell6.jpg (68KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
bell6.jpg
68KB, 768x768px
>>15387953
this thread's going to descend into shitposting anyway so i'll just post best girl
>>
>>15387953
Yes. But they're both shit.

>>15387973
Go to grave already, Tomino.
>>
>>15389022
>t there was stuff to get mad or happy about. There were things to poke fun at and sperg about.
>It was a way more engaging and rewarding experience.
Pretty much the general consensus with IBO was how nobody could give a shit about the cast
>>15389351
>I can only be entertained by a show based on its reactions

Wow that's sad
>>
>>15389369
you just dont understand epic memes and rickrolling grandpa
>>
>>15387953
Even Age and Destiny were better than G-Reco. Not even trolling here, the only Gundam worse than G-Reco is 0083.
>>
File: you1.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
you1.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>15389456
nah
>>
>>15387953
If you want it to be, sure.
>>
>>15389369
>Pretty much the general consensus with IBO was how nobody could give a shit about the cast
I don't know what he's talking about because this is how I felt. I actually wanted a lot of the cast to hurry up and die in hopes that the plotline would accelerate and I'd gain more of a reason to support, well, fucking anybody from the introduced characters. Considering the lead the Tekkadan had from the beginning, it's not surprising that after two seasons of almost nothing done I'd actually start to hate them.

Deaths didn't even happen until the final three episodes in true Okada fashion.
>>
>>15389055
>Build Fighters
>boring
Motherfucker, the original Build Fighters was great and had plenty of homages to the series. Try is where it went to shit.
>>
>>15387953
When G-Reco was over I wanted more.

When IBO was over I was glad it was finally done.

So no, not really.
>>
>>15389369
>the general consensus
On /m/. Which runs contrary to the mainstream on literally every subject. Popular shows are bad, unpopular shows are good, automatically.
>>
>>15389548
As someone who watched both shows as they aired, I have to agree with you anon. G-Reco was the objectively better show. It had better writing, direction, handling of themes, and animation, more consistent characterization and tech, and actual character growth. This is more personal taste, but imo G-Reco had better soundtrack and designs (whether background, character or mech). I know people praise IBO for its mecha design, but G-Reco had far more variety and interesting designs. I never liked how the Gundam Frame had sections exposed, and after awhile it gets tiring to see all those Graze and Graze variants, not to mention their background design always felt pretty full and generic. I did like the Rodi frame and their derivatives, they were cool in a chunky way. IBO had a great premise and with that ending you could see what they were trying to go for, but they just completely dropped the ball on the execution. Character arcs that take forever to (sometimes never) resolve or are predictable from episodes away killed any sort of sympathy. Making characters acting absolutely retarded or out of character for the plot advance made it impossible for me to take the plot seriously. Its the worst kind of writing.

It's really telling how much IBO fans have to omit details or make up their own to make IBO sound "realistsic", when it's anything but. In G-Reco threads the biggest fans were the ones to point out details from the show to clarify and they never had to omit details or make headcanons for the show to make sense. When contrasted with how IBO fans tending to be the worst shitposters and in the end some people only enjoying the show for the reactions and shitposting online, it's just sad.

I guess to sum up my feelings, G-Reco felt like a real world which had me wondering where it would lead me to next, whereas IBO felt like a train ride where I was waiting to get to the destination but had to deal with a bunch of stops before I could get there.
>>
>>15387953
In terms of shittyness? Yes.
>>
>>15390650
> I know people praise IBO for its mecha design
They do? These people things have shit taste.
>>
>>15390650
Aptly put.
>>
>>15390124
>On /m/
Nope. It really makes me giddy that IBO flopped on Toonami and that people who watched it on there had the same complaints that people on here had which just goes to show that ANN and animesuki were delusional in their blind praise for it.
>Which runs contrary to the mainstream on literally every subject.
IBO didn't do exceedingly well either. For a show that so many people claim brought Gundam back to the mainstream its actual numbers are quite subpar and the second season numbers are even worse.
>>
>>15387953
Yes. IBO was completely successful in getting people to talk about and understand unequal living conditions between nations, child soldiers, the tragic cycle of revenge, and making change happen through politics rather than war. G-Reco did not manage to get people to talk about or think about nations reaming their military forces just because they're itching to fight or old prejudices being used as an excuse to start trouble.
>>
>>15390724
>he thinks Toonami matters

Lol.
>>
>>15389456
So was shitposting always like this, or did it become like this after a certain point?
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>15390739
>IBO was completely successful in getting people to talk about and understand unequal living conditions between nations, child soldiers, the tragic cycle of revenge, and making change happen through politics rather than war.
>>
>>15390739
IBO had the least amount of actual discussion for a Gundam series here until the second half of the second season where the autist started spamming threads.
>>
>>15389456
Well, obviously. Those shows are retarded ploy wise and have too much melodrama by a mile but G-Reco wasn't dramatic enough nor did it put its characters in interesting situations often enough. When a show knows what it wants to be and has a consistent direction it is bound to be better than a show with tonal whiplash like G-Reco, even if they're flawed on many points.
>>
File: 317.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>15389456
>>15390832
3 years later and G-Reco still has the worst fucking trolls
>>
>>15390650
As someone who watched both shows as they aired, I have to disagree with you anon. G-Reco was not the objectively better show. It had terrible writing, direction, handling of themes, but better animation. There was still inconsistent characterization and tech, with the same subpar level of character growth due to there simply being too many characters that show they kept around. Belri is just as genki all throughout the show as Mika is a stoic murder manlet. This is more personal taste, but imo IBO had better soundtrack and designs (whether background, character or mech). I don’t know very many people who praise G-Reco for its mecha design, but IBO had far more attractive and interesting designs that never got enough screen time. Both had a majority of designs by the same designer (Ippei Gyobu) who I now believe is the best next gen Gundam mecha designer. I didn’t care that Gundam Frame had sections exposed because it was a new aesthetic and because we find out the Gundam frame is actually strongest part of the machine due to Ahab wave nonsense, so the reduction in weight from lack of armor is a better trade off. G-reco had a great premise and with that ending you could see what they were trying to go for, but they just completely dropped the ball on the execution. Too much was attempted to be crammed into arcs with the limited number of episodes including excessive time spotlighting mecha that never even got merchandise. Making characters act literally retarded until a convenient flashback or out of character for the plot advance made it impossible for me to take the plot seriously. Its the worst kind of writing.

contd.
>>
>>15390860
It's really telling how much G-reco fans have to add extra explanations and details just to make an episode have clarity. In IBO threads the biggest fans were the ones excitedly discussing the on screen character interactions, but constantly getting badgered. When contrasted with how G-reco fans tended to be the worst shitposters going in and out of any Gundam thread to claim victimhood over how their show was under appreciated, it's just sad.

I guess to sum up my feelings, IBO felt like the current real world which had me wondering where it would lead me to next, whereas G-Reco felt like a train ride where I was waiting to get to the destination but had to deal with finding out that the train tracks were hastily laid down and the destination’s station should have been at least 10 stations later.
>>
>>15390860
>NO U: The post

Its like you didn't even try
>>
>>15390724
IBO didn't flop on Toonami. If anything flopped, it's Gundam Unicorn.

I guarantee you they're going to air IBO S2 because they'll look at Gundam Unicorn and say "oh yeah it's UC, obviously the content is too reliant on past Gundams for viewere to get into"
>>
>>15390824
Lots of series discussion is just waifuposting and memery, but IBO had a lot decent discussion mixed in with its shitposts in part because its premise is very easy to relate to. G-Reco had a premise that is only interesting and relatable for people with interest in Japanese politics.
>>15390849
Get a job and stop baiting
>>
Nothing is worse than IBO.
>>
>>15390910
>IBO didn't flop on Toonami.
It did. Got pushed back three times and was a ratings black hole, even shows that came after it did better.

>If anything flopped, it's Gundam Unicorn.
Its not even done yet also wasn't promoted as heavily

>I guarantee you they're going to air IBO S2 because they'll look at Gundam Unicorn and say "oh yeah it's UC, obviously the content is too reliant on past Gundams for viewere to get into"
UC's ratings are the same as IBO's they'll look at it as saying that people don't care about Gundam
>>
>>15390913
>but IBO had a lot decent discussion mixed in with its shitposts in part because its premise is very easy to relate to
Cool horseshit bro. The most discussion IBO got were people saying how much it sucks and how boring it was.

> G-Reco had a premise that is only interesting and relatable for people with interest in Japanese politics.
Nope, it had a lot of active discussion while it was airing because there was a lot to dissect about the show.
>>
>>15390916
But Age exists anon
>>
>>15390923
No it didn't. It got moved once for One Punch Man. Afterward, it never moved its position as 3rd Toonami show in the lineup even when Toonami moved to 12am.

Also I just randomly checked rating on a random date and its ratings are higher than the shows airing after it.

November 12
12:00a DBZ Kai 1346 0.59 763
12:30 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 1041 0.48 614
1:00 Gundam IBO 895 0.41 531
1:30 Hunter x Hunter 781 0.36 460
2:00 Naruto: Shippuden 740 0.33 424
2:30 One Piece 645 0.29 367
3:00 One Punch Man (rerun) 577 0.26 339

Also, IBO was also almost always in the Top 10 Original Cable Telecasts. DeMarco has nothing negative to say about it
>>
>>15390916
Super Defender Force
>>
>>15387953
Of course it was better. G-Reco is the worst Gundam ever made.
>>
>>15390998
Ha, get fucked, >>15390923
>>
>>15390998
It looks like It just got passed up by DBZ and JoJo, which makes sense because that shit is bread and butter for normies.
>>
>>15391033
also another thing is Demarco and his staff do look at the reactions on places like Reddit. Guess what. It has an overly positive reaction.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Toonami/comments/5hotz1/postseries_discussion_thread_gundam_ironblooded/

Calling it, IBO S2 will be on Toonami
>>
>>15391044
Of course it will; IBO has all the parts needed to make sure it can be wildly successful in the Western market.
You've got Mika for all the weebs who wear wolf T-shirts and think they're half-werewolf or some shit, Akihiro and all the gore gets all the dudes who jack it to Berserk.
Throw in a bunch of handsome boys who never wear shirts and a handful of token gay moments to draw in the fujoshi who get lost while hunting for sports anime.

It's basically Gundam Wing Mk.2
>>
>>15389055
Too bad your mom didn't drop you on your empty little head when you were a baby. Would have saved us all from reading your inane ramblings.

It's still not too late, anon.
>>
I dropped G-Reco around 20 episodes in. I dropped IBO around 13.
>>
G-Reco certainly isn't good but it's definitely a more interesting failure, plus it absolutely dunks on IBO aesthetically.

I at least watched it. I didn't last the first cour of IBO.
>>
>>15390824
Because unlike some stupid retards who don't understand G-Reco there is nothing to discuss about.

It was perfect. G-Reco tell the adventure of Bellri and Co as he try to investigate what the hell is going on and we the viewer by the end of it we understand what the hell is going on and that's that.
Bellri and Co manage to understand why the Taboo were being broken left and right, the mastermind behind the reconquista plan were all killed and everyone is the same again.
>>
>>15389369
>general consensus
>anonymous board
This happens with every new Gundam. People who don't like the show scream louder than people who do, trolls join in, and everyone ignores the elephant in the room that if no one liked the show it wouldn't keep getting thread after thread after thread. Once one or two more Gundam shows go by, there will be calm and rational threads about IBO.

Unless season 3 is announced, in which case /m/ will implode.
>>
>>15391724
>Once one or two more Gundam shows go by, there will be calm and rational threads about IBO.
Just like AGE right?
>>
>>15391137
>G-Reco certainly isn't good
Found the retard
>>
>>15390860
>>15390866

>anon makes a fully developed argument in a respectful manner about how G-Reco is a better show than IBO from his experiences
>idiot shitposts with pasta out of spite because he can't handle anything but circlejerking, personal argumentation is of course non existent

If you were trying to sound retarded, it's a success.
>>
>>15390824
>where the autist started spamming threads
What was up with that?
>>
>>15391732
Oh hush, I love G-Reco but people are free to think whatever they want you square person.
>>
I liked G Reco better than IBO. The only problem I had with G Reco was the lack of development for most of the factions. With the exception of the Venus group everyone else was just 'manipulated by Colonel Crumpa'.
>>
>>15391057
The ending of season 2 is going to alienate the Western fanbase.
>>
I liked both sets of mech designs desu, g-reco had a fresh unique take on a lot of things and had a lot of colour and wasn't afraid to do wacky shit. The man rodi is probably loosely derived from the grimiores general concept desu.

IBO had nice grittier designs but they were all quite samey and the ten graze variants didn't help with that.

G-Reco had beautiful art and world holding but desu the story was a bit of an incoherent mess. I should probably watch it again and see if I can follow along but when I was watching it while it was airing I kind of lost focus of the plot. IBO was dumb but the plot was relatively straightforward, they should have gone more into the MA arc as it was by far the most interesting bit in the series.

I think G Reco is probably better overall, but IBO will be remembered more often for being a full 50 EP series and it seems to attract more wingfags, probably because it's edgy. Also let's not forget people will be complaining about the ending for years to come.
>>
>>15391743
1: He was saying IBO was better.
2: He was continuing his post, that wasn't a reply.
3: Stupid G-Recofag!
>>
>>15392310
I never understood why people compare IBO to Wing. The two series are completely different.

I've heard people say that Mika and Heero are the same character because both are emotionless but people always seem to forget that Heero mellowed out as the series progressed while Mika remained mostly the same.

Wing and IBO were not even that edgy to be honest. IBO had a darker tone than most Gundam series but I wouldn't call it edgy.
>>
File: 1440460032672.jpg (439KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440460032672.jpg
439KB, 1000x1000px
>>15387953
>tries to usher in the age of onee-sans
>ends up making delicious brown the cutest qt
You fucked up.
>>
>>15392341
>say something is good
>say something is bad
>either way, it's a shitpost
>>
>>15392380
Shitposting is never really about content. It usually has a certain style, written in a way intended to generate (You)s
>>
>>15389143
Underrated post. Summed up both shows issues concisely
>>
>>15392447
is clear tomino works better with more episodes
>>
>>15389531
Agreed. Most of the deaths up to Orga should've happened last season. They spent so much time on build-up, but by the time the characters finally reached their end I found it not compelling at all.
>>
>>15390860
>>15390866
Congratulations. You just proved the point that IBOfags are just among the most retarded shitposters
>>
>>15392358
>ends up making delicious brown the cutest qt
This happens all the time.
>>
>>15389055
Build fighters is as good as every other tournament anime I have ever seen, and the fights are awesome.

Dropped Reco and IBO at episode 2
>>
>>15389456
Now this is multilayered shitposting.
>>
>>15391044
>Reddit

Hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>15390998
>Afterward, it never moved its position as 3rd Toonami show in the lineup even when Toonami moved to 12am.
Cool lie bro
>Also I just randomly checked rating on a random date and its ratings are higher than the shows airing after it.

Also a lie

>Also, IBO was also almost always in the Top 10 Original Cable Telecasts
Nope also
>less than a million views
>good
KEK

>DeMarco has nothing negative to say about it
He doesn't say anything negative about a show's performance at all. If he didn't say anything about IBO its probably because the show didn't do well or anything when OPM premiered and finished its run he couldn't shut up about how well it did.

>>15391057
>IBO has all the parts needed to make sure it can be wildly successful in the Western market.
Yet nobody gives a shit about it. Hell the most successful Gundam released last year was the first season of GBF
>>
>>15387953
Nope, G-Reco was better in almost every way. Its only downside was that they had to condense a really dense plot to 25 episodes, so it was hard to follow for some people. IBO had double the time and slowed down the plot so even an idiot could follow it. Because of this IBO was more accessible due to being far easier to follow, but still fumbled the execution in writing and pacing. So IBO is obviously the worse show
>>
>>15387953
Significantly so.
>>
>>15391129
And your mom dropped you on your head around episode 1.
>>
>>15393318
Your entire post is fake news holy shit. You can look up the toonami schedule and all ratings are published.

Wtf does gbf have to do with anything it didn't air last year not was it on any Western tv station.
>>
>>15393808
Why is the IBOfags first reaction, shitposting?
>>
>>15393838
>You can look up the toonami schedule and all ratings are published.
Yeah and all I see is that it was pushed back and its ratings were always below 1 million

>Wtf does gbf have to do with anything it didn't air last year not was it on any Western tv station.
BD sales from rightstuf you stupid fuck. If anycase IBO flopped on TV so what's your point you fucking idiot?
>>
>>15387953
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>15387953
Other way around. G-Reco comes out better than IBO.

Based on the fact that I will rewatch G-Reco.

IBO is unwatchable shit.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.