[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Tabletop RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 450px-GundamVsSachiel.jpg (28KB, 450x386px) Image search: [Google]
450px-GundamVsSachiel.jpg
28KB, 450x386px
Several years ago, there was a project on /tg/ with the aim of converting another system to produce a Gundam RPG.
I have decided to ressurect that dead project. Thoughts?
>>
>>15387944
More power to you I guess. No real constructive thoughts besides that.
>>
>>15387944
Go for it. If my opinion at all matters to you, I prefer something with light to medium crunch instead of detailed equipment lists/how to build a mech checklist.
>>
Have you made a thread on /tg/? Pretty sure you'll get way more help there than over here unless you want info on obscure MSVs, tech and weapons.

I've seen some attempts using Jovia Chronicles and/or 40k as the basis but they've ended up being either horribly misbalanced or too complex.

If you want an example, search for Gundam Skirmish.
>>
>>15388031
I have. This board is also relevant.
>>
>>15387944
Im game. Ive played the existing version, as well as mekton zeta.
>>
I'm not into tabletop RPGs but I imagine there must be some mecha focused RPGs out there. How would a Gundam RPG be any different than those?
>>
>>15388357
This is a dead project that I have decided to pick up.
Also, it would be focused on Gundam.
>>
I really wish someone would DM a Gundam tabletop game, it's my one and only wish..
One fucker here offered once and teased a bunch of us about it for a month or two, then flakes and ignores all our messages a few days before we were due to start.
Motherfucker.

Anyway, good luck anon.
>>
>>15389757
Why don't you do it if you want it so bad.

Don't rely on others to make your dreams anon. Only you can prevent forest fires.
>>
>>15389783
I actually have, it was tons of fun until my players started dropping out one by one due to one reason or another.
I DM'd for three different groups who played at different times, but were still in the same setting. They'd hear about what each group has done (usually whenever they do something major that has substantial effects) which influenced their strategies, alliances and betrayals between groups since they wanted vastly different things but each faction they built up were bound to cross paths.

There's a difference between making my dreams come true and watching others live my dream for me, and it made me pretty damn envious seeing them do the latter.
I always wished I could get in on it.
>>
I think this is what you are looking for anon.
http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/
>>
File: retaliation.png (1MB, 1418x708px)
retaliation.png
1MB, 1418x708px
>>15388031
>Jovian chronicles
>complicated

nigga Im high and I can get those rules.
>>
>>15389757

i have tried gming, but somehow Mecha anime has a hard time for stories.

modern RPG are very hard on the GM when it comes to making stories because of all the modern comodities. is not like medieval stuff where you kill monster, gain loot, beat bandits.

in modern times you have animal control, banks and police to deal with those problems. so in order to make an amusing modern story your players either dont have to be very picking when it comes to storytelling or your GM has to be very good in making thrillers and political plots.
>>
I uh, got a thing. Not exactly Gundam, but I've done my best to ensure it to not be too complicated during play.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ch9n_6PC5hxRMp4BAz9WDHAcQGM7pVi0L7WXEZwOM0/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

>>15390162
or it can be "oh no monsters invade the world, time to unfuck the world"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.