[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bet you wish I wrote IBO instead of that hack Okada now, huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: urobutcher.jpg (15KB, 180x262px) Image search: [Google]
urobutcher.jpg
15KB, 180x262px
Bet you wish I wrote IBO instead of that hack Okada now, huh?
>>
Now we're talking
>>
>>15387661
it would have been better, yes
>>
Sure, I'll take it.
>>
>>15387661
>blassreiter Gundam

Sure why not
>>
>>15387661
Not really. You always make stories where the bad guys win. I'm glad we got this ending, where the villains were defeated(though not without some sad losses on the side of the heroes. Never forget Iok Kujan's sacrifice) and the world made a better place.
>>
File: 1457187293490.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1457187293490.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>15387661
>Ends with Mika and Orga alive and them ditching Tekkadan to try and find their place again

Lame.
>>
>>15387864
Winners are always the good guys.
Bad guys are the losers.
>>
>>15387661
Has he ever touched Gundam before? I don't know.
>>
>>15387891
He touched A/Z but they threw away most of his ideas
>>
>>15387661

Isn't he the Joker that was supposedly influenced by Zeta?

I remember it being said that he supposedly got his dark and nihilistic inspiration from Zeta after seeing one of the characters introduced in a shower scene done away with in a prompt fashion.
>>
>>15387661
I'll be surprised if he didn't write the next AU series. It's bound to happen someday.

>>15388204
No, he got it from Votoms. Literally every MC he writes is a stoic Chirico clone.
Zeta is what introduced him to gunpla, which is a hobby that stuck with him to this day.
>>
>>15388279

>No, he got it from Votoms.

I've heard he's quoted as saying this in relation to Zeta's "Lila Milla Rira":

>Lila Milla Rira of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam died soon after her Shower Scene shocked me so much at that time. How could Director Tomino allow such a beautiful, booby character casually die? I hated him very much back in the days when I'm in college. I think even though it's fictional anime characters, it's not a good thing for them to die so easily.

Not sure if that's true or not though.
>>
Nah, I'd much rather Toshiki Inoue have written IBO
>>
>>15388367
He did say that, it was a tweet he made years ago.
But Votoms ends up being the biggest inspiration for him as a creator and it happens to be his favorite anime.
>>
>>15388440

Since I haven't seen Votoms, now I'm afraid.

Is it darker than Zeta Gundam, Victory Gundam or Gundam SEED is?
>>
>>15388482
You should watch it I think it still holds up.

It's impossible to compare how "dark" something is, it all depends on the person. I wouldn't really call Gundam dark desu.

The style of both shows couldn't be more different. Gundam thrives on drama which requires a ton of sentimentality and angst from the main character.
While Votoms depicts a cynical world where the main character is hugely unsentimental towards violence and death. The series seems to be inspired a lot by film noir.
>>
>>15388482
It's not really dark so much as somewhat tragic. Chirico leads a hard life, but I wouldn't say the atmosphere of the show is oppressive so much as grittier than you'd expect from something like Gundam. Probably has to do with the small scale of things like the ATs compared to the MS. You won't end up feeling depressed afterwards if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>15387661
>Bet you wish I wrote IBO instead of that hack Okada now, huh?

Literally 95% of animes have a rushed feeling unsatisfying ending. IBO seemed so fully of possibility but then all of a sudden there were 2 episodes left and you felt that typical Gundam "how are they going to wrap this up?" feeling.
>>
>>15387661

Urobuchi hasn't written anything decent in years so I'm not sure.

He'd probably just write the scenario and the first two episodes, collect his paycheck, and then fuck off to do something else whilst other writers did the rest of the show, as is what happened with Aldnoah and Gargantia. I don't think Urobuchi is that interested in making a mecha anime, he just likes attaching his name to things for money
>>
>>15388771

TBF was good.

Urobuchi is a gunota, he'll drop everything if Bandai offered him to write for Gundam.
>>
>>15387864
>I've never seen a Urobuchi work in my life
It's been more than a decade since his VN days anon.
>>
>>15388279
>>15388367
>Ignoring for a moment whether it's in the heroic genre or not, the show that had the most impact on my childhood was "Armored Trooper VOTOMS." Chirico Cuvie, the character, is in some ways, the the most powerful man. The strength of his resolve, to never stray from it, he always acts of his own accord. Not only did he refuse companionship, he even denied god himself. Such powerful was his conviction. With it, even the appearance of simply drifting along doesn't phase him. As a child, that was incredibly shocking to see.
>>
>>15387661
I wish Gundam franchise would wither away and Sunrise could create something greater and realistic.
>>
>>15387661
>a hack instead of a hack
Sure, why not
>>
>>15387661
Don't worry Butcher, we'll take the pitchforks to your place after the new Godzilla anime unsurprisingly turns into a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>15389192

>mecha
>realistic

Sure.
>>
>>15387661
Noone can save Gundam at this point.
We've gone too far can't rewind.
>>
>>15388279
>Madoka
>Kouta
>That guy from Thunderbolt Fantasy
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.