[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 00

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 13200.jpg (41KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
13200.jpg
41KB, 225x315px
Now that the dust has settled, we now have what is still the undisputed BEST Gundam series of the 21st century. I think we can all agree that we are already overdue for another one of such caliber.

Special mention to IBO for a really, really strong finish and being solid all around. There's no shame in being second place.

>Unicorn
>Thunderbolt
>IGLOO
All great contenders in their own right

>GBF
a welcome diversion and cute little love letter to the genre

>CE outside Stargazer
>AGE
>Origin
>G-Reco
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>15386815
Origin is a good contender in its own right but people keep comparing it to 0079 (obviously). It's at least better than Thunderbolt.

IGLOO is good in the first season, but suffers from severe episodic myopia (considering it's an OVA, that's par for the course). The second season focusing on the newtype shinigami is just badly carried-out and not good at all.

Unicorn is fun but ultimately is just a part of a long stream of "Zeon rebelled and was put down, colonies don't deserve independence, not many changes from the status quo." If much of Gundam's expanded UC didn't exist, it'd have felt a little better in the end.

GBF season one was great as a stand-alone, but TRY ruins it by association since we know there's nothing good we're headed to in meta-hindsight after GBF ends. I personally found the first couple eps of TRY I watched an insensate asspull. The MC cares little for gunpla and gundam in general and martial arts "real robots" is jarringly against the tone of everybody else in the setting who made a robot that could actually fight in "war" without a magic wuxia wizard shooting super "fuck you I win" fighting magic at you.
>>
>>15386815
>another one of such caliber.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sunrise is gradually turning into the new Toei.
>>
>>15386887
I always took the MC in TRY and the Build Burning as an homage to G Gundam. Am I wrong on this? I mean the God Gundam was literally called the Burning Gundam in the english dub. Or is this somehow a coincidence that they share a name and a martial arts fighting style?
>>
>>15386815
00 was carried by its designs and good animation. I don't think the story was particularly good or memorable even if we ignore the movie. Honestly IBO is a lot like 00 in that regard. Cool designs and a mediocre story, but it lacks good animation (and actually has noticeably poor animation as the kick) so it probably won't be remembered nearly as fondly.
>>
>>15386815
SEED Destiny is the best though, the fact you're even calling IBO good proves you are no gundam fan.
>>
>>15387382

Did you not watch the opening where Domon appears as his mentor?

Also, the designer for the Build Burning Gundam said that he didn't even know the God Gundam was changed for the dub. Shows how much they really care for Gundam outside Japan.
>>
>>15386815
It seems 00 is the most popular and done a lot of things right, but SEED has a lot of merits too even if copypaste most of the original plot, it was responsible to bring Gundam to the mainstream again.
>>
>>15386815
00 was way too edgy and the characters were fucking retarded

I mean what the fuck were they doing with the Dylandy Twins? All the Innovades or Innovaters or whatever the fuck they were supposed to be.

And the Thrones siblings - were they literally of any consequence to the entire plot at all except for the Kugimiya Rie voiced one? Fucking No.
Then there's Allelujah and Hallelujah whose entire personality and story arc is "hahyuckyuck I am le INSANE xDD".
Don't get me fucking started on Saji and Louise.
Or the Russian characters that were fucking filler. Or the fucking filler story with Marina and her country that in the end mattered fuck all.
>>
>>15387462
The throne guys only existed to kill that one girls parents at the wedding or whatever and also give her gundam cancer so she had a reason to become a psycho bitch in season 2 and fight her boyfriend in the 00's backpack if I remember correctly. Also so that one mercenary dude could kill them and steal one of the gundams to be a rival.
>>
File: feldt_alt.jpg (110KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
feldt_alt.jpg
110KB, 453x640px
I liked 00, it reminded me a bit of Wing with a reversed ending for season 1. I'm not sure how I felt about the every other episode-ly "A NEW MODEL?!?" arms race as a plot device but I guess it's a given in gundam. I barely liked the second season and I think they could have done a lot more with it, and like half of the characters seemed to be building up to some serious development/changes and then whiffed. I get the impression that it was really meant to end with one season but the second was forced on. I didn't like the movie, I feel like if actual aliens are going to be introduced to Gundam it needs to be much more creative than just the Thing with feelings. I get that it was part of the entire theme of UNDERSTANDING, but it sucked.
>>
Season 2 was trash
>>
>>15386815
>Unicorn
>>Thunderbolt
>IGLOO
>All great contenders in their own right

KEK
>>
>>15386815
All hail the king of the shitpile. LMAO.

Kinda easy for a mediocre series to be number one when the competition is sorely lacking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.