[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FINALLY WE ARE FREE FROM THIS SHIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 26

File: 1491134712383.jpg (350KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491134712383.jpg
350KB, 1280x720px
FINALLY WE ARE FREE FROM THIS SHIT
>>
>FINALLY WE ARE FREE FROM THIS SHIT

Did autistkun get banned?
>>
>>15386452
Wrong. We now need to suffer for the next 5 years of endless debate over WAS IT REALLY THAT BAD/GOOD or UNDER/OVERRATED Show and WAS HE RIGHT.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 736x552px
>>15386452
What a shit of an ending, that ending wasn't a fucking gundam ending wtf. There no moral to be learn from this except

>"when you try to change the status quo you will fail"
>>
>>15386527
Its not even about moral, the main character group accomplishes nothing, the "final battle" is a complete joke, animation is also trash

For fuck sake AGE had a better last episode with its bullshit final boss appearing out of litterally nowhere and being a retarded clone

I honestly can't say wheter this is better or worse than Destiny, I honestly think its a draw
>>
>>15386527
It's more like
>People are sometimes born in shitty conditions and they will die in shitty conditions, but at least they can sort of make it so that others dont need to be in those shitty conditions
>>
>>15386527
But the status quo did change thanks to Mcgillis and Orga's reckless actions, despite them biting the dust.
>>
>>15386527
What moral is there in Zeta, 0080, 0083, Victory? G, Wing, 00? G Reco?
>>
>>15386709
Autism is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...
>>
>>15386709
>zeta: autism awareness
>0080: DIS IS WUT HAPPEN IF U DONT UNDERSTANDAN
>victory: ANIME JA NAI
The other shows are non tomino but I do believe 0083's message was "nina purpleton is a bitch"
>>
>>15386709
Oldtypes: Bad
Newtypes: Good
>>
>>15386709
G is PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT, also don't ignore your family and loved ones.

0083 is just Top Gun.
>>
>>15386527
>that ending wasn't a fucking gundam ending
What the fuck do you IBO-likers want? At first you want IBO to go against what you assume to be the traditions of Gundam with an MC who kills ruthlessly to achieve his goals, and then when shit comes down, you get mad that it also bucked the tradition again of the MC pulling out a victory from overwhelming odds in the finale?
Despite how bipolar Okada writes her shows, she is at least consistent in tone. You got what you assholes asked for and subjected the rest of us to it in supporting IBO.
>>
I already miss Barbie
>>
>>15386679
Just McGillis stupid muh Bael actions in fact. Tekkadan does nothing during second season, until its own destruction triggered by stupid muh Bael masterplan.
>>
>>15386709
>0080
war fucking sucks cause good people die
>>
>>15386753
Go put on some high heels (to increase your center of gravity and make you faster!?) and carve some flesh off the sides of your abdomen while screaming outside in public near some police. You'll feel just like Mika.
>>
>>15386750
>an MC who kills ruthlessly to achieve his goals
Murderbot's fun for about three episodes but the act gets old really quick. So the fact he spends 2 seasons barely developing from that is a valid criticism.
>>
>>15386750
Except there is nothing to it aside from Midget saying "Lets go Barbie" and then repeating the exact same shit for 50 episodes straight

Its fucking boring, even the whole thing about not having beam spam was bullshit because they then went and used anything else just for the good old beam spam
>>
>>15386709
G-Reco's moral is that people are still just that - human beings with their own quirks and awkward things that each comprise the whole of their personalities. They can dance when they want to, they need to use the loo, and they're not always charismatic or portrayed as such.

War is just another narrative, and if you take it out then stories that are fueled on conflict like Gundam would just fail altogether. But this begs the question; is it even worth it then? When the people are forced to follow the narrative rather than the other way around?

And finally, even after a god knows how long period of time from UC 0001 to AW to CC to RC and everything shit in between, the world is still worth something, for example Japan and Fuji. And maybe that's enough.
>>
>>15386527
The moral is to make damn well who you're partnering up with before actually partnership up with them. To ensure there is absolutely no other way before you resort to violence. And to be pragmatic about your goals aka think before you leap you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>15386845
also you should lick your sister's pussy
>>
>>15386527
The moral of the story is "don't bite off more than you can chew". It's a tragedy.

If Tekkadan and McGillis had done just a few things differently, and if Tekkadan had been willing to settle for less, if Mika and Orga weren't so poisonous to each other and the people around them, they could have made it out fine. Instead they got lucky several times in a row and thought it meant they'd be lucky forever. Luck runs out sooner or later.
>>
>>15386527
>trusting a (((Bernstein)))
>>
Wonder if IBO will have any vidya games, CE, 00, and Age all managed to have some related games while G-Reco and IBO haven't yet. Maybe Bandai has given up on any Gundam games that aren't Versus or SRW
>>
>>15386994
Doubt it, the cost of development now is high and if it was supposed to get a game it would have been done during the time it aired, all other gundam games were done during the time they were airing or they started releasing the information during them, IBO had no such thing
>>
>>15386750
>What the fuck do you IBO-likers want? At first you want IBO to go against what you assume to be the traditions of Gundam with an MC who kills ruthlessly to achieve his goals, and then when shit comes down, you get mad that it also bucked the tradition again of the MC pulling out a victory from overwhelming odds in the finale?Despite how bipolar Okada writes her shows, she is at least consistent in tone. You got what you assholes asked for and subjected the rest of us to it in supporting IBO.

Spot on. Nevertheless I dropped the show after the first episode and never regretted doing it. However I have very much enjoyed the epic levels of buthurt of the last 49 episodes by reading comments on /m/. It was more fun dare I say than watching the trainwreck.
>>
File: Carta.jpg (326KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Carta.jpg
326KB, 480x640px
>>15386949

If McGillis had actually killed his enemies rather than attempt remove friendly obstacles, he might have had a fighting chance.

But no. He had to basically make Gaelio into his own killer and have Carta killed rather than fuck her brains out and joining their houses.
>>
>>15386557
>accomplished nothing
Thats exactly the point.
MC and gang are normal people, and there is no guarantee everyone can accomplish anything great in life.
As long as they tried to achieve their goal, and give others a dream to work on, they are all good.
>>
>>15386750
/m/ doesn't want anything except to complain. Just wait til next season when it goes full on old-school super robot and they'll complain about that.
>>
File: 1490528150347.jpg (59KB, 331x284px) Image search: [Google]
1490528150347.jpg
59KB, 331x284px
>>15386452
>the bad guys won

Where do we go from here?
I thought Gundam was all about overcoming adversity, not falling on swords
>>
>>15387067
This is the gift Okada left for us, instead of prolonging our suffering with more IBO shit she just killed anyone who could continue this and destroyed the gundams.

Okada was just misunderstood, she wanted to free us from IBO from day one
>>
File: 1489933885359.jpg (86KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489933885359.jpg
86KB, 1000x800px
>>15386949
>Luck runs out sooner or later.
>writing this after 9/10 of Rustals crew survives on luck alone

Really makes you think
>>
>>15387074
honestly everything in IBO was a great idea but terribly executed.

Kind of a bummer, really
>>
>>15387067
>Where do we go from here?

We go on to greener pastures, to Thunderbolt and the new zeonwank ova. Depressing isn't it ?

I just fucking want a second season of Gundam Build Fighters with the same freaking cast as that of the first season.
>>
>>15387090
His crew had 5 people and 3 survived.
>>
>>15387090
The difference is they're not assuming that getting a spot of good fortune means they can do anything. Take the win and go home.
>>
>>15387090
What?

Galan is dead
Iok is dead
Gaelio and Julietta got lucky I guess
>>
>>15387061
>old-school super robot and they'll complain about that.
I'd fucking join them. No more CHICKEN-HOW-ARE-YOU SHINING PINGAS bullshit.

Expanded UC and inadvertently CE's setting had the right idea. Just keep Okada away from the plotline and tell her to write a setting backdrop and we'd have a great real robot return to Gundam.
>>
>>15387074
she is helping tomino to destroy the corrupted and rotton gundam fan base
>>
>>15387106
>>15387067
That's only X, 00, and maybe AGE. Everything else just had characters meander about until the end of a war, and nothing of value being lost.

>I just fucking want a second season of Gundam Build Fighters

You already got that. It was called Try and it sucked.
>>
>>15387149
By adding more retarded people to it?

Okada brings in fujoshi and women by adding "broken/wounded" bishonen every second and third cast member, alongside hamfisted interpersonal drama and pseudo-romance that keep them hooked.

Tomino keeps in the old grognards who follow him along with his name/legacy and their liking of his stilted operatic-toned retro-scifi dialogue.
>>
>>15387145
>Expanded UC had the right idea

Too bad you're shooting yourself in the foot since it's all gonna be Zeonwank anyway. Yeah enjoy your OTHER AUUC where Zeon wins the war and the feddies are reduced to frothing mad terrorists who suicide bomb the colonies.

Oh wait. That's what Destiny was. My bad.
>>
>>15387039
It turns out if he just said we should treat our members from the colonies better and he might have gotten the majority to go along with him.
>>
>>15387159
fujoshi has been there since 0079, and population exploded starting with Z. To be correct Sunrise anime has more fujo supporters since the late 70s
You are just too young to notice their exsistance, and their influence to the franchise and industry.
>>
>>15387159
>Okada brings in fujoshi and women
>Tomino keeps in the old grognards

So what you're saying is they're both terrible?
>>
>>15386557
>For fuck sake AGE had a better last episode with its bullshit final boss appearing out of litterally nowhere and being a retarded clone
For all the dumb shit that went into AGE final episode, there were many bits that were pretty dank.
>>
>>15386452
>Best boy is still alive
>Best Boy has an equally autistic son
>Thinking we are free from anything
>>
monkley got hot as fuck
>>
>>15387198
>So what you're saying is they're both terrible?

Tomino has talent, Okada on the other hand has no talent at all.
>>
>>15387241
Soon she will be crucified for the great cause.
>>
>>15387245
To others he is just a stubborn old man preaching something that is completely outdated and boring.
>>
>>15386557
>I honestly can't say wheter this is better or worse than Destiny, I honestly think its a draw
Destiny had a better first half.
>>
>>15386845
>G-Reco's moral is that people are still just that - human beings with their own quirks and awkward things that each comprise the whole of their personalities. They can dance when they want to, they need to use the loo, and they're not always charismatic or portrayed as such.
You did not understand reco at all.
>>
>>15386709
>0080
War isn't as fun as in these toy commercials
>victory
Something something think about the children something something feminism something something war sucks
>00
UNDERSTANDING
>G reco
People who haven't fought wars in a long time shouldn't be eager to fight when they've got no idea what it's like, we're looking at you Abe.
>>
Okay guys lets go back to UC and the OYW again with another side story featuring a secret RX -78(XXZZXX) prototype piloted a feddie ace you've never heard of before.

Additionally their will be a super powerful late war Zaku variant that is piloted by Zeonic ace that was able to survive.

I mean nothing else is as good as the tried and true Universal Century!

/m/ really is a terrible place sometimes.
>>
>>15387493
>Can't do anything not UC in the last couple years
>not relying on tried and true tactics
>>
>>15387493
If that shit didn't sell, Gundam wouldn't be a viable property.

AU is just Sunrise/Bandai trying to court different audience and demographics, core Gundam fanbase (where money comes from) will always be the UCshit you despise.

By the way, Twilight Axis (next animated Gundam project) is UC and has a Gundam that is basically a mishmash of different design elements of RX types and they already had it fight with a specially customized Zaku III in the source material.
>>
>every single main member of Tekkadan was killed by faceless mafia assassins or a plot device super weapon that got another character killed simply by his alleged use

How can anyone defend this.
>>
>>15386709
>G Reco?
Beliggerent millenials shouldn't glorify war for the sake of reviving "teh good ol days" they were never born to experience
Surprisingly relevent today with the folks calling for a race war and whatnot
>>
>>15387587
>Implying Mika is dead

Monkey spared Murder Manlet, hes probably in some white room being experimented on my Gjallahorn
>>
>>15387587
Aston
>>
File: Biscuit_Griffon.png (100KB, 839x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Biscuit_Griffon.png
100KB, 839x1200px
>>15387587
>>
File: 1313194096045.png (76KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
1313194096045.png
76KB, 421x248px
/r/ing this with Barbatos' head crest
>>
File: CUTE.png (979KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.png
979KB, 1366x768px
Only good part of the episode desu
>>
>>15387606
>pulling a martian successor
DELET
>>
>>15387695
Mika the wolf the be released from his chains

then he will eat the sun
>>
>>15387682
Look at that gigantic wrench. What the fuck.
>>
>>15387245
>Tomino has talent

Is that why G-Reco and King Gainer were such shit?
>>
>>15387721
It's pretty silly. You'd use a motorized tool for nuts that big.
>>
>>15387725
G-Reco and King Gainer are the top two animes Tomino's written in that order.
>>
>>15387561
>Gundam fanbase (where money comes from) will always be the UCshit you despise.

And /m/ will still complain because it's all zeonwank, autism awareness, and shitty CG. So really who cares?
>>
>>15387727
>nuts that big
>Yamagi

I see what you mean
>>
>>15387725
Yeah but G-Reco was confusing and nothing happened. King Gainer is pretty much the same show except they never go into space.

So really Tomino is a hack and people need to stop over-rating him.
>>
>>15387682
fill in the blank: I want to ________ yamagi

breed
>>
>>15387741
>And /m/ will still complain because it's all zeonwank, autism awareness, and shitty CG. So really, who cares? It only matters to some people because they're such Feddie fanboys. And Unicorn isn't even Zeonwank. Those fanboys just don't want to think from a different viewpoint other than Feddie propaganda.
>>
>>15387768
>And Unicorn isn't even Zeonwank.

Shh! Don't tell the feddies. According to them, ANY Gundam with sympathetic zeeks = zeekwank = it must be bad.
>>
File: g no broconguista.gif (2MB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
g no broconguista.gif
2MB, 500x308px
>>15386845
Good analysis anon

I'd also add the idea that you have to see the world for yourself before you can make a truly informed judgement, rather than relying on the narratives you've been told
>>
>>15386452
barbatos must have had the worse final fight ever in a gundam series
>get rekt by orbital bombs instead of an awesome double KO as has been the trend
how can people seriously like IBO, if you do, you are fucking cancer and deserve to die
>>
>>15386452
inb4 Season 3
>Ride going HAM
>conspicuously pointless shot of mechanic closing Bael's hangar
>Rustal is basically a non-flamboyant Alejandro
>>
>>15387734
>there exist anons on this board with good taste
Praise the SU-Cord
>>
>>15387799
How is it not zeekwank? a bunch of variants of rehashed suits
>>15387832
>pointless shot of hangar
That bitch knows something
>>
File: Gundam brazzers.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam brazzers.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I have a bad feeling we are going to get a season 3
>>
>>15387851
Never said it wasn't. Besides what do you think Zeta Plus, Jegan ECOAS, Kobe Byalant, and GM Semi-Striker are? Zeon just happens to have more rehashes because elevens love nazis.
>>
>>15387826
This is good though. Most people don't like final fight 1v1 bullshit while their respective armies just stand by and watch as if they're useless. In here, nope, you solo a military, you ultimately get crushed. Just as it should be.
>>
File: 62218392_p0.jpg (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
62218392_p0.jpg
156KB, 500x500px
>>
So /m/, you DO realize this show is well accepted everyplace else, right? I'm not saying that makes it good, but you need to accept the fact this isn't the next age, swept under the rug and ignored. The show might over, but expect plenty more IBO things in the future.
>>
>>15387920
nope
people said the same about AGE and look at how much more age shit we got, right?
>>
Is this yaoi?
>>
>>15387924
You are actually retarded if you think this show had anywhere as bad of a reaction as AGE did. You are flat out DELUDING yourself.
>>
>>15387902
It worked perfectly too.
Amuro's gundam got its head vaporized, and most of the body intact.
Mika's gundam got its body ripped apart, but the head is mostly intact.
>>
>>15387920
The series as a whole maybe, but this last episode seems to be hated pretty much everywhere I've looked.
>>
>>15387956
where are you looking, all my normal fag friends thought it was a good grounded ending without bullshit Deus Ex Machina power up that plagues Gundam.
>>
Really, that finale was pretty good. In fact, the last few episodes were great. The second half was a lot better than the first. Overall, it's not a horrible gundam series, but not a great one either. A decent gundam that had unique gundam designs, which will probably make it more memorable.
>>
>>15387920
Judging from the constant threads, I'd imagine I'm not the only one on /m/ who liked it. When it comes to new shows, /m/ is always like this. People who don't like a show are always loudly declaring that no one likes it, yet it keeps getting thread after thread.
>>
>>15387956
Where have you looked, anon? Because everywhere I've looked have mostly been positive.
>>
>>15387989

>Literally needing a platoon of Dainsleif troops to nuke Tekkadan from orbit to stop them
>without bullshit Deus Ex Machina power up

Did we look at the same episode where Barbatos literally wrecked multiple platoons even after being hit with a Dainsleif?
>>
>>15388002

It was ok, the epilogue wrapped everything up nicely but I guess if you want to believe it was left open ended for a movie or something it works. The final battle was... anticlimactic? Mikazuki and Akihiro pound on Grazes for a couple minutes, like they've done the entire series. The orbital Dansleif was unexpected, and Iok's death a little satisfying but the fight itself wasn't that exciting.
>>
>>15388014
Compared to things like SEED's flawless victory, Amuro newtyping a falling asteroid, Banana tanking a colony laser, Judau reassembling the ZZ with his mind, and so on and so forth? Yeah, this was not the usual deux ex powerup from the usual Gundam ending.
>>
>>15387934
>You are actually retarded if you think this show had anywhere as bad of a reaction as AGE did.

Not that guy but you're right.

/m/'s reaction to IBO was worse. ;:^)
>>
>>15388034
>Judau reassembling the ZZ with his mind

Holy hell I forgot about that

Late game ZZ was crazy
>>
>>15387734
>either of them being better than Xabungle
>>
I wonder how Atra and Kudelia would describe Mika to the kid. Do they tell him that his dad was murdering sociopath that even his buddies were scared of, or paint him as some martyr that died for a good cause
>>
>>15388094
He was a good friend.
>>
you know what , i´ll miss this season
not for the plot , but for the mechanical desings,
even if having the waist exposed made no sense , every fucking desing grew on me the more i whatched em moving.
even digimon barbatos, i wont buy a model kit from that one , but damn it looked awesome in its final fight.
barbatos lupus, vidar, kimaris vidar, landman rodi, gusion rebake yadda yadda yadda, grimgerde , bael, space grimoire, so much cool, now back to bland and boring UC era boxes on boxes with even more boxes desings..
>>
>>15387404

G-Reco's message to kids is pretty simple. Educate yourself on the issues, form your own opinions but remember that other people have their own. Do those things rather than just blindly following what various authority figures tell you, since they'll try to spin the narrative in their favor. War accomplishes nothing, it will repeat if the issues are left unaddressed and we don't need Newtype/X-Rounder/Innovator abilities to reach understanding with others to work things out.

Basic stuff, nothing profound. Meanwhile IBO's narrative was all about trying to make sure that the audience didn't think Tekkadan were wrong or misguided, even though the director thought they were on the wrong path at the end of season one. People just followed the show's narrative rather than looking at any sort of bigger picture, and now they don't get Tekkadan weren't righteous heroes fighting for the little man.
>>
>>15388105
>>15388094

Mika... Mika had a hard life.
>>
>>15387920
Who gives a shit about another person's opinion though?
I keep to mine, if it's popular, then it's popular. They can find reasons to like it, I can find it to dislike or dispute and vice versa.
>>
>>15388178
>Who gives a shit about another person's opinion though?
Certainly not me.
I liked it a lot, and your opinion doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>15388127
It's only because of Obari's awesomeness
>>
File: haro haro.png (369KB, 668x344px) Image search: [Google]
haro haro.png
369KB, 668x344px
IBO confirmed to be part of the same universe as UC (probably 3000 years after)
>>
>>15388205
Exactly my point anon.
To each of their own. You like this show, I dislike.
What else is there to it?
>>
>>15388128
>People just followed what the show says instead of listing to fanfiction

Foolish them!
>>
>>15388223
>part of the same universe as UC
That's every Gundam anime except GBF, Gunpla Builders, and SD Gundam.
And the third Zeta movie, I guess. We really shouldn't even be calling them "AU" shows, since they're Black History instead of alternate universes.
>inb4 mangas
>inb4 西暦 does not mean Anno Domini
>>
>>15388014

Yes we did see the same episode. and in this same episode after being with a military bombardment, they were severely crippled. No deus-ex machina where Guts and Mika suddenly win or some energy orb appears where all the dansleifs bounce away.
>>
>>15387826
>>15387902
Aye, the 1v1 came in the form of Kimaris Vidar v Bael
>>
Best boy dies
Why live?
>>
While this show certainly did many things badly, but it also did some things well. I would just like to acknowledge a nice little bit of direction in the final episode that stood out to me.

When Iok charges Akihiro they show you a typical Graze charging speed via Akihiro's radar. It's a slightly odd shot that wasn't really necessary for that scene. However moments later it made sense when Mika charged the enemy as they showed you Barbatos' movement from one of the grunt's radar. And holy fuck did that convey just how terrifying fighting Mika would be. How fast he was moving compared to Iok's charge was intense, the refresh in the radar barely kept pace with it.

I just liked that as a neat bit of direction to really give you a sense of how fiercely Mika was tearing through the battlefield.
>>
>>15388749
Agreed. The usual distant shot of streak-of-light-followed-by-explosions (which this show did its fair share of) doesn't have quite the same impact.
>>
RIP Akihiro

I hope you'll be with Lafter and your lil bro in Gunpla valhalla
>>
>>15388524
That was more enjoyable than the last stand.
I was hoping the mooks were AV powered like people thought of as ideas, special forces were just the same shit
>>
>>15388801
>IT'S A BUNCH OF EINS
>It's dainslief team from orbit
The dainslief team is great and so is Rustal for using them. They basically have the most kills/assists counting as kills under their belts.
>>
>>15388832
I do like me some orbital bombardment to be fair.
>>
Kinda was hoping for Akihiro to go all red eyes. Not that it would have saved him.
>>
>Akihiro doesn't go berserk
>Gusion rebake didn't do anything in both seasons

What the fuck? No wonder his kits don't sell. Is Sunrise fucking retarded? They didn't even show him killing the mooks who stabbed him even though you see MS wrecks and the swords stabbing Gusion are broken.
>>
>>15388897
He gave Iok the FLYING BUTTPLIERS
>>
>>15388897
They better fire Nagai for this, he has no idea how to present mechs as cool and sellable.
>>
>>15388901
Amen for that.
>>
>>15388905
srsly?
Did you forget when he steamrolled that bearded fuck? The "Seems you're decent." fight? The only MS that was shown to be more of a murder-monster than Rebake Full City was Barbatos.
>>
>>15388901
Yea that was nice, but the fact that a retard like Iok was kicking Gusion around at all is a fucking travesty.

>>15388905
This, the guy's a chump. If Gusion got a 100-to-1 scene of him tearing grunts apart with all four arms the Full City kits would be flying off the shelves so hard they'd have to make a 1/100.
>>
>>15388901
Not as cool though.
>>15388897
Too complex to animate
>>
>>15388913
All Gusion did was tank hits and then use the nippers on an older version of the Graze. Not exactly that cool.
>>
>>15388919
To be fair, Full City had lost half its body to Dainsleif.
>>
>>15388921
Those fucking monkeys at Sunrise aren't worth their salt. Can't believe this garbage.

It's the final episode and 2/3 of the episode is literally just panning shots of people talking
>>
>>15388919
>fucking rebake in S1 went against a large group and won using their weapons and parts of self during Edmonton
>this doesn't get animated but AWOOOOO does
Man people are mad just about the ending, I'm angry about series as a whole.
>>15388935
So did Barbatos. But then no special red mode for rage mode guts.
>>
>>15388929
>All Gusion did was tank hits and then use the nippers on an older version of the Graze. Not exactly that cool.

Gundam animators literally never give a fuck about doing cool things with the mecha. I mean Seravee had six arms and two robots and all it ever did was bear hug Arche Gundam and have the backpack float away at the end of the show. Fuck that.
>>
>>15388942
The show wasn't good enough to care, but I still liked Akihiro and the Gusion Rebakes.
>>
>>15388940
What can you do?
You are pretty much doomed with whatever they feed you for the rest of your life. :^)
>>
>>15388972
I liked all three Gusions.
Frog's cute.
>>
File: 1404942580235.jpg (364KB, 907x4444px) Image search: [Google]
1404942580235.jpg
364KB, 907x4444px
>>15388967
You are excepting Victory from that statement i hope.
>>
Iok died a terrible, painful death. That's all I care about.

I wouldn't mind a revenge story of adult Ride just going around gunning down all the major players who got to get away scott free but we'll never get that.
>>
File: 1438878780795.jpg (38KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438878780795.jpg
38KB, 422x600px
>>15386527
There isn't a lesson to be learned because IBO isn't a teacher, it's a documentary.

LOGH doesn't have a moral to teach either, it's about the complexities of warfare, socio-political machinations, and the philosophy of warfare and society.

Iron Blooded Orphans is the similar in this exact vein.

In case it hasn't been spelled out for you folks, we have a bunch of child-soldiers fighting a conflict fueled by a war economy using weapons left behind from a previous war.

IBO is basically 'Beasts of No Nation' but with mecha.

There is a LOT that can be taken from this show, but it relies upon everyone's own intuition and interpretation of the various struggles and concepts explored in the show.

Doesn't the Fumitan arc parallel the Tianamen Square incident?

Most of the criticisms of this show rely heavily on nit-picking and 'glass half-full' criticisms that lack examples to show what for.

I just think a quarter portion of some of the louder folks on here are tsundere for this show.

Every other thread for the past two years has been complaining about IBO 'being too much traditional Gundam' OR 'being too different from traditional Gundam'.

I swear you some of you nigs are the type of folk who will argue all day about the grass on someone's lawn isn't straight enough and is therefore equivalent to a barren wasteland in terms of grassy asthetics.

Classic 4chan, as always.
>>
Based, fucking, Gaelio survived the series.

I called that shit in Season fucking 1 get fucked doubters.
>>
Everytime I hear people whine about how cliche the good guys winning in the end is on this forum, I'm gonna remind them of how much they whined about this series having them lose.
>>
>>15386452
I miss barbi and birb already
>>
>>15387682
I spent a solid minute wondering who this was meant to be
>>
>>15386452
Uh oh OP, we still have the Last Flag left. Not that that's going to change anything, but there's still one final push before it's completely over.
>>
There's so many loose ends in the end too though.

Julietta's obviously not okay with how things turned out, seemingly developing a bit of a heel-turn sentiment towards Tekkadan. Plus she's set to become an influential person.

Ride seems to have a whole group that are probably on the wrong side of the law, and maybe hell bent on payback.

Creepy Engineer woman leaving Bael in its original resting place. The look on her face, and the fact she's known for supporting human integration into machinery really makes me wonder...

gjallarhorn is more powerful than ever before, but so much of it is built on lies. Like any good organization really, but still...

Mars is more autonomous, for better or for worse.

Baby not-Mika.

They've laid some pretty impressive ground work for a full sequel series if they wanted to. I know it's the last thing this place wants to hear though. lol
>>
>>15389032
The problem being the execution going completely against that concept.
See, Lawrence of Arabia for example has some upbeat moments but is overall critical of the whole act.
If Lawrence of Arabia was directed as a Michael Bay movie and then, out of nowhere came at you with a shitty downer ending people would have hated it.
>>
>>15389191
Not to mention Gaelio's sister is MIA. Who knows what happened to her?
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>15387750
>>15387725
>>
>>15389199

Oh yeah her I completely forgot about her. lol

Her weird love/hate thing with her husbando could definitely become something too.

Basically, everything seems hunky dory but there's a lot of of dissent thinly hidden. It really seems like a hollow, temporary peace.
>>
>>15389032
>There is a LOT that can be taken from this show, but it relies upon everyone's own intuition and interpretation of the various struggles and concepts explored in the show.

Good points, but all useless if you cannot make a good story around them.
>>
>>15389191
>Creepy Engineer woman leaving Bael in its original resting place. The look on her face, and the fact she's known for supporting human integration into machinery really makes me wonder...

Oh my god that fucking woman is such a walking teaser. Other than helping Gaelio with his secret MS hax, there's like...nothing known about her. But she seems to know way too much to be a throwaway character.

And that whole scene walking away from Bael ominously might as well scream "expect mecha-Gillis in the sequel folks!".
>>
File: atra.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
atra.gif
178KB, 160x160px
The best part about the finale is there were absolutely no commercial breaks on Daisuki when I watched it

If I had to see that damn Astrisk War commercial you don't even want to know what i'm gonna do
>>
>>15389191
>Creepy Engineer woman leaving Bael in its original resting place. The look on her face, and the fact she's known for supporting human integration into machinery really makes me wonder...
>gjallarhorn is more powerful than ever before, but so much of it is built on lies. Like any good organization really, but still...

Gjallarhorn is weaker since it has loosened its control over the space mafia companies and their territory, and also reduced their Mars influence causing Earthnoid run companies to give up their colonies. I imagine Teiwaz will have even more influence in the future and Gjallarhorn just gave up some economic power.

>>15389199
MIA how? She was with her dad's place on Earth last time we saw her.
>>
>>15389229
>"expect mecha-Gillis
You mean mecha-zuki
No corpse. No body-splatter scene. Just Barbatos's head hoisted up.

Many Gundam characters have survived more "obvious" deaths before.
>>
>>15389257
It's been a time skip though.
You'd think she'd get mentioned at one point.
>>15389058
They didn't lose hard enough is the problem.
>>
>>15389273
>It's been a time skip though.
>You'd think she'd get mentioned at one point.
You're just thinking with your dick senpai
>>
>>15389195
>Lawrence
David Lean 3+ hours epic on Gundam when?
I feel like he could have it work.
>>
>>15389286
And?
Got to see most of the other girls execpt the twins.
>>
>>15389191

Honestly, one of the saving graces of this episode was Julietta. I kind of feel like her reaction to everything is meant to reflect how the viewer's supposed to feel. This conflicted feeling of not being totally okay with everything thats happened. Everyone's moving on and being all happy and she's just like "really?".

Also, wise, chill as fuck "I don't care anymore" Gaelio I can't help but love, in spite of everything else.
>>
>>15389272

Possible.

Fuck that girl looks so fucked up, I wouldn't be surprised if she put both McGillis AND Zuki's personalities in that thing.

Imagine Mika's kid when older piloting that thing. lol
>>
>>15389273
If only Rustal launched with his Gundam and Julietta killed, then it would have been good.
>>
>>15389272
I think you mean
Mecha-gillis
Mecha-zuki
And Iron-Guts

They have all three bodies and all three Gundams. Guts was fucked up but he was still alive after getting stabbed since he seems to have fought off the grunts that got him.
>>
>>15389295

I'd only accept seeing older Cookie and Cracker if one of them took after their brother and got a bit thicc'er.

You know...to show their personalities becoming more different as they got older. For character design sakes.

Really.
>>
>>15389327
Can't forget cyber-Almiria piloting the Kimaris-Vidar. And Iok The Brain Kujan in his family gundam.

All commanded by Rustal in the Elion-family Gundam.
>>
>>15389195
No clue why you would expect anything but a downer ending the execution being something of the Michael Bay sort.

There's a lot of subtlely and symbolism at work here.

Remember the first conversation between Kudelia and Nobliss?

About how Bernstein and Tekkadan were analogous to the myth of the Queen leading her retenue of knights on a mission to free her people and about how her kingdom will be built on a mountain of their corpses?

The ending is bitter sweet, the main character isn't Mika but the Mars people as a whole seeking their independence. (Which they DO get to a degree by the end.

Give it another go with a different mindset coming in.
>>
>>15389327
>>15389310
>>15389272

>Frankenstein Gundam patched together with parts and personalities of Gillis, Zuki, and Guts.

FFFFFFFFF- stop it! Stop making me think I want a follow up with that in it!
>>
>>15389191
>maybe hell bent on payback
I don't think that's a "maybe."

Overall I do agree that it's well setup for a sequel.
>>
>>15389343

>Can't forget cyber-Almiria piloting the Kimaris-Vidar.

Yeah!

>And Iok The Brain Kujan in his family gundam.

ye...uhh....ah no nevermind forget it.
>>
File: Fumitan2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fumitan2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15389227
Well, anon, you've got me stumped.

I mean What is a good story anyways?

The burden of proof now lies upon me. But, of course, our definitions of a good story will differ from one another.

For what it's worth, I found the geopolitics and deconstruction of colonial tropes extremely nuanced and well researched for than anything found Western contemporary media as of late.

The small arcs on 'what it means to help with a movement', the exploitation of former colonies by first world corporate interests, how the working class and middle class serve to uphold the power structure in place by the upper class, the psychology of killing, and the case for religion amongst a post-colonial society...all of this is within season 1, btw.

The themes itself are never keyed in through exposition but through the interactions of the characters or their interactions with their enviornment (remember how Mika and Kuedelia were contemplating on handshakes and what not? there's a dual meaning to their interaction.).

Just my two cents.

I suppose we can agree to disagree.
>>
>>15387198
Some people think traps are gay, others do not.

Just saiyan.
>>
>>15389379
>I mean What is a good story anyways?
Not IBO

But the fact that you thoroughly not explained your point is proof enough for me
>>
>>15387067
>the bad guys won

Not necessarily.
The initial power-structure that serves to oppress the people of Mars and Earth has been shaken up more or less.

While not necessarily free, the peoples of Mars have managed to sieze a means of self-determination and autonomy. The children of Tekkadan have managed to break the chains surrounding their enslavement and predicament and lived life on their own terms. Gjallahorn has been reformed.

It's a bitter sweet ending and just as it is in real life.

Remember, you can't fight ideas with bullets.

There aren't any badguys here. IBO is as grey as it gets.

Try looking at the ending through a Sisyphean lense.
>>
>>15389348
You're rationalizing a lot, for 90% of the series we were given the image of the Gjhorn tyrant being just that, a tyrant, and suddenly we're supposed to believe that after having crushed his opposition he's forced to be good and abolish slavery and shit.
Okay.

And then, after all their talks and inspiring bullshit human debris remain just that, shitty child soldiers that don't deserve any better other than improving normal people' lives indirectly.
Sorry but it was never presented like this, it would be like if in Zeta AEUG and Neo Zeon lost 100%, Scirocco died killed by cyber-Jerid but Jamitov suddenly decided it was cool to be tolerant'n shiet just to give the series a "good" ending after 40 episodes of hyping AEUG.
>>
>>15389387
To each their own, I guess.

I mean, if your initial stance is 'IBO' is a bad story and that you are not willing to present a compelling argument as to why you believe it to be so, then I've never had a chance to prove otherwise from the beginning.

If that's the case, then why would you need validation?
>>
>>15389402
>t, for 90% of the series we were given the image of the Gjhorn tyrant being just that, a tyrant, and suddenly we're supposed to believe that after having crushed his opposition he's forced to be good and abolish slavery and shit.

Funny, I never saw it that way. Maybe it's your interpretation.
>>
>>15389032
Welcome to 4chan, where your thought out responses are wholly ignored.

I totally agree with you though. This was arguable one of the most 'real' Gundam series to date. No space magic, no group of rapscallions beating an entire government. A small group of child soldiers try to make something of themselves, push too far, and get flattened.
>>
>>15389272
I mean Kira survived a nuclear meltdown for no reason so yeah anything is possible
>>
>>15387067
>Gjallarhorn
>badguys
pick one
>>
>>15387725
King Gainer is good, it just has an obviously rushed ending
G-Reco is shit
>>
>>15389440
>This was arguable one of the most 'real' Gundam series to date.
I'm so fucking happy how nobody take IBOfags seriously
>>
>>15389443
>Survived
>Still not realizing he was cloned
>Not realizing that the remake is in-series Clyne propaganda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfbUfcJUM
>>
>>15389402
>just that, a tyrant
Not really, if you look back.
He's McGillis's opposition in Gjallarhorn. Considering McGillis's penchant for teamkilling, that doesn't necessarily make him automatically a villain. In fact, McGillis was the one trying to take all the power for himself, his plan was nothing short of becoming a dictator able to order all of Gjallarhorn around. The beginning of S2 paints Rustal in a very bad light because he's the guy who sent THAT MAN to lead Tekkadan's Earth branch to their deaths, but for the most part he was only opposing Tekkadan militarily because McGillis was using Tekkadan to try and take over the world.
There's a lot of grey area here, this isn't exactly a clear cut "we're the good guys and they're the bad guys" kind of thing. Rustal didn't really do anything particularly evil, just shrewd. You can say he was ruthless, but...look at Mikazuki. There were even a few organizations that resorted to assassinations, including Tekkadan (twice if you count Ride capping Nobliss Gordon) but Rustal was not one of them.
>>
>>15389427
>To each their own, I guess.
Nah you're just wrong and quite stupid I might add, trying to act nonschalent towards it just proves that you're really just trying to get a buzz out of people.

>>15389427
>I mean, if your initial stance is 'IBO' is a bad story and that you are not willing to present a compelling argument as to why you believe it to be so, then I've never had a chance to prove otherwise from the beginning.
You never had a chance because you never had a compelling argument to begin with so its a little late to be pointing the finger when you yourself haven't presented an opening argument.

>If that's the case, then why would you need validation?
Says the contrarian
>>
How can you watch a show all the way through, but vehemently hate it? If you dislike something, wouldn't you stop watching it once you figured it out. Does opportunity cost not weigh in here?

Is it possible to watch something and enjoy it for what it is, or does it HAVE to become a part of your identity? Do you think you are the GUNDAM? Is your name Setsuna?

No, you're not a newtype, you just have autism.
>>
>>15389493
Always do the opposite of what /m/ says.
>>
File: Where do you think we are boss.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are boss.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
>>15389493
>>
>>15389443
Not really.
The first explosion was the Aegis self-destructing, and it was non-nuclear. The second was actually a nuclear chain reaction but it was caused by the Tannhauser hitting the water, it wasn't the Freedom's reactor exploding, so he was protected by the Freedom. If you go back and watch again, you can even still see the thin red line of the Tannhauser shot fading out as the blast wave approaches the Minerva. Not to mention the clear shot of Kira hitting the n-jammer-canceller-canceller or whatever in the next episode. Freedom did not explode.
>>
>>15389493
You can't give a proper critique of something unless you watch the whole thing.

Would you rather people complain about shows they haven't watched?
>>
>>15389493
Only cowards drop series.
Cowards, or people with tiring jobs.
But mostly cowards.
>>
>>15389515
Even worse, you get a LOGH scenario where the only people willing to watch 100+ episodes series are its greatest lovers, so you get a nonstop circlejerk because anyone that didn't actually like it dropped it around the 30 episodes mark.
>>
>>15389515
As if we're going to believe anyone here has the integrity to form an unbiased opinion of something they disliked but saw through to the end.

Some people just look to find out of context scenes with which to justify their dislike of a work, as if it's the payoff for sitting through something they otherwise do not enjoy. At that point, why bother? You could've just walked away instead of doubling down on opinions, on top of now being invested in having your opinions be validated due to the time spent.
>>
>>15389379
>For what it's worth, I found the geopolitics and deconstruction of colonial tropes extremely nuanced and well researched for than anything found Western contemporary media as of late.

I found them to be shallow to be honest.

>and the case for religion amongst a post-colonial society...all of this is within season 1, btw.

I don't remember anything about religion.
>>
>>15387606
>>Implying Mika is dead
i never thought about that
>they somehow got his arm band
>julieta just grabs the barbatos head and aims it in the air.
>"guys this bakemono is ded, we win, i swear."
>>
but guys
remember that gundam is about war is bad
not about cool robots doing cool things
>>
It's an anime with bad animation in the crucial parts, battles.
It's bad at what it's supposed to do.
Therefore it's bad.
Period.
>>
>>15386527
Most Gundam shows are about the good guys stomping out crazy rebels
>>
>>15389493
I watched SEED in its entirety to determine whether or not it deserves the ridicule it gets.
The show is garbage.
Absolutely garbage.
And because I watched the entire show, I have no doubts about my statement.
>>
>>15386452
>no 0. threads anymore
Free.
>>
>>15389798
>Most
MSG was. In Zeta and ZZ the heroes were a rebel faction. In 0080 the hero works for the crazy rebels and stomps out a Gundam. 08th and 0083 are about stomping out crazy rebels.
That's what...3v3?
CCA is about stomping out a crazy rebel. 4/3
Wing is about crazy rebels stomping out the government. 4/4
X is about crazy rebels preventing a war. 4/5
G is about....crazy. 4/6
Turn A is about the Luzian Militia opposing the Moonie government. Neither side are really rebels. 4/7
SEED is about crazy rebels stomping out both sides of a war. 4/8
Destiny is about crazy rebels stomping out totalitarian government. 4/9
00 is about crazy rebels vs the entire world 4/10
Age is about stomping out crazy rebels...and then saving them? I'll give you that one anyway. 5/10
Unicorn is about SORE DEMO, they don't really stomp out FF, his MA just kind of disintegrates and they deflate Zeon by revealing the BOX. Not even sure how to rate this one.
But anyway, somewhere around 1/3 of Gundam shows are about stomping out crazy rebels. Most Gundam shows are actually about *being* crazy rebels.
>>
>>15389976
Sorry to butt-in on your shitty thread but you type like a tumblrfag so please never post again
>>
>>15386724
Underrated post
>>
File: 1176854808893.jpg (43KB, 778x549px) Image search: [Google]
1176854808893.jpg
43KB, 778x549px
>>15389996
Butthurt because I proved you wrong?
Resorting to "enemy website" bullshit because you cannot counter-argue any other way?
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>15387656

>tfw Biscuit was the only sensible member, and his death was not only used as war propaganda, but is now in vain and his legacy has been permanently stained by his comrades actions.
>>
>>15389976
>ZZ
The heroes were part of the AEUG, which was an unofficial part of the EFF. Neo-Zeon was the rebel faction.

It's true they go off on their own but they're still fighting to stomp out the rebel faction on the behalf of the Earth government.
>>
>>15389493
Because retards like you would say we didn't watch it so we can't criticize. Its a no win way with you retarded fanboys
>>
>>15393236
Neo-Zeon won at the end of Zeta and we're just establishing themselves as the new rulers of the earth sphere by ZZ. EFF were pretty much over and only survived because Glemy faction started a rebellion. AEUG wasn't considered part of EFF until after this war, they acted mostly as Anaheim's private army, desu
>>
>>15389493
Dude I sat through fucking GBF TRY as it was airing and hated nearly every minute.

I'm tied to this series, for the good and the meh. I dont even hate IBO or think it was that bad. But it wasted so much potential, that it inspires so much hate.
>>
File: deltadragon.png (270KB, 1920x1062px) Image search: [Google]
deltadragon.png
270KB, 1920x1062px
>>15386452
Reminder that one of the IBO-hate spammers is a furry tumblrfag, who does nothing but whine about IBO on his blog.
>>
File: Buddha_Kopf.jpg (14KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha_Kopf.jpg
14KB, 350x447px
>>15386452
>FINALLY WE ARE FREE FROM THIS SHIT

It wasn't real to begin with, Anon. You could have quit anytime.
>>
File: Screen - Aeolia_Schenberg.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screen - Aeolia_Schenberg.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15393618
truth
>>
>>15386557
>For fuck sake AGE had a better last episode with its bullshit final boss appearing out of litterally nowhere and being a retarded clone

Yeah, no. AGE is fucking abysmal in every sense of the word, a terrible UC wannabe made to sell a game that ended up bombing.
>>
>>15386557

Ehhh I dunno that's a bit of a hard sell Anon.
>>
>>15388995
>That one time Uso kicks a MS into another, jumps off the pile and noscope doublekills them both while in midair
those are some fucking skills
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.