[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHAHAHAHA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15

File: 200%SUCCESFULL.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
200%SUCCESFULL.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
The fucking exposition narration bomb where suddenly everything gets better was a goddamn crime. Rustal making the switch from ruthless rebellion-smasher to practical leader would have been so fucking easy to write. His character arc was already there. I could practically taste the scene.

But no. Exposition drop and on-the-nose dialogue. Why the fuck is it so difficult for these writers to END THE FUCKING STORY PROPERLY.

Fucking Okada.
>>
so I told Rustal to kill them from space and he actually did it!
The absolute madman!
>>
>>15385518
The character design of this show is so over the top it turns into unintentional comedy.
>>
>>15385613
I'll take stylization over realism any day.
>>
File: Hell-yeah.png (320KB, 783x890px) Image search: [Google]
Hell-yeah.png
320KB, 783x890px
>>15385613
Fuck you, Itoh is awesome.
>>
File: what was I expecting.png (135KB, 308x528px) Image search: [Google]
what was I expecting.png
135KB, 308x528px
>>15385528
>Literally goes from using illegal "Nuke them all from orbit" weapons to the champion of peace, democracy, and freedom in 5 minutes.
>Not only he gets away with it, he gets voted as President of the Earth Sphere
>>
>>15385528

I don't see any problem in using something like the Dainsleif. It's not nuclear, chemical or capable of mass civilian murder. It's very probable that Gjallarhon banned it because they feared it would be used against them by minor and rogue factions. Any modern military would use something like that without any moral problem.
>>
>>15385886
The one who wins is always right.
>>
>>15385886
>nuking them from orbit is the best way to get more power then
>getting rid of the aristocracy and having a vote whilst the news is still shilling my victory is the best way to gain power now

It's not exactly inconsistent, he's ruthless not vindictive.
>>
>>15385613

Rustal is a damn sight better than the two heads of Brewers in season one. Pig guy and Snake guy. Those two were idiotically over stylized and looked like belonged in Naruto or something.
>>
>>15385886
Winners write history. That's the point. Rustal played played all of his cards right.
>>
>>15385886
I'd vote for him. He fucking SUCCEEDED. He kept his use of the WMD-thing within allowable limits to a minimum of expected destruction and won without further loss.

If it works, it works. Good leadership is knowing when and how to use the cards in your hand properly.
>>
>>15385528
I was expecting something on the line of how everything was futile, world still being shit yet they move on with their lives.

Instead everything sorted out itself and everyone lived happily ever after with better lives Orga and Mcgillis died trying to get in a very foolish manner.
>>
>>15386569

Dainseifs aren't really WMD. They don't inherently cause mass destruction. They can, but you have to use them just right to do so, and to be honest, you'd probably have to hit something highly explosive with one to really cause mass destruction. Achieving minimum destruction with one isn't actually that hard, because they don't cause unintentional and horrific destruction by their nature like a nuke or something would.
>>
File: 1482703793022.jpg (24KB, 451x452px) Image search: [Google]
1482703793022.jpg
24KB, 451x452px
>>15385518
Honestly I'm a little disappointed Rustal got away free.

I was really expecting garma to realize char's revolution and kill Rustal himself and take over. Would have been a sweet end, honestly.
>>
>>15385528
I would have been fine with he ending, if they showed building tensions and threats of uprising back in the Earth Sphere. That way it would've made sense for them to promise and carry out reforms
>>
>>15385936
>mass civilian murder
Did you see when they shot then from orbit? Its no colony drop but that shit can do serious damage depending on the target
>>
>final battle cut short by orbital bombardment
>fucking Ride survived
>fucking Ride is still fucking up shit for everyone
Not happy.
>>
>>15386569
Dainsliefs are taboo like the AV is. They're not WMDs because they don't cause Mass Destruction... Hell, it took an entire squad of them to even destroy the Hotorubi.

In fact, they're probably more to make sure that they aren't used against Gjallarhorn rather than for being effective weapons. Smashing your enemies to death with a giant blunt axe isn't more humane, it's probably less so since a good dainslief would instantly kill a person.
>>
>>15387066
Nah, would've felt good, but it would've been retarded, because Gaelio is still too naive to lead anything. Though this end is also retarded for having them push for reforms after they crushed the threat, instead of as a way to pacify the threat.
>>
>>15387155
I think you're vastly underestimating what a nuke can do, much less a colony drop.

There is no land formerly known as sydney. It's completely gone and even more of Australia is a shithole because chunks of the colony broke apart during the fall and scattered across the continent. Not to mention the minovsky radiation royally fucking up electronics in Australia, according to side materials.The colony drop was a continent-scale calamity. The dainslief squad did like a city block's worth of damage.

Another comparison, the Solar System array more than covered an area like 25 to 100km squared considering it burned the entire surface of solomon.
>>
>>15387171
I suppose I just find it a bit unsatisfying that the villain got away for free, even if he was a great villain. Even moreso, despite being the villain, turns good after the incident.

Considering from Episode 1 it's always been how corrupt gjallhorn was, it was just kind of like "alright" when it still continues to be headed by corruption

>DEEPEST SOCIAL COMMENTARY
>>
File: 1489014390021.png (178KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
1489014390021.png
178KB, 400x406px
>>15386670
I think the idea is that, as foolish and aimless as their struggles were, the world needed SOMETHING to shake things up enough for reform to happen. And Mcgillis and Tekkadan were the only ones strong and reckless enough to make it happen, allowing less extreme people like Kudelia and Rustal to make good use of their results.
>>
>>15385731
who these characters? they look so familiar
>>
>>15387213
>even if he was a great villain
No he wasn't
>>
>>15385518
I wonder if hes Raping Mikas vegetable ass behind closed doors
>>
>>15387229
I too think that's what they were trying to get across.

But it was really terribly communicated to the audience. Honestly it kinda sounds like Rustal just liked Kudelia or something.
>>
>>15387229
The thing is we aren't really clear, feels like someone just went everything is better now shows over

>Bad corruption man is now elected president of the world
In so many ways you can look at this and go is this really a good thing? Like was corruption and shit actually solved? Plus shaking up doesn't always go your ways, a lot of the time it ca actually cause a hard swing in the other direction.

The message just doesn't really resonate with the show either. It feels very tacked on like well here is what happened bye
>>
>>15387300
>In so many ways you can look at this and go is this really a good thing? Like was corruption and shit actually solved? Plus shaking up doesn't always go your ways, a lot of the time it ca actually cause a hard swing in the other direction.

Gjallarhorn was just a small part of the problem. Season 1 made it really clear, intentionally or not, that a lot of martians and spacenoids are fucking evil, including the Gjallarhorn Mars branch which was made up of martians like Ein.

Gjallarhorn reducing its operations in Mars at least makes sure there is one less evil for the mafias and corporations to collude with on Mars, which is a huge improvement over guys like Nobliss colluding with Gjallarhorn and abusing their monopoly over MS while others just use mobile workers. I mean Rustal is guilty of this collusion with space mafia too, but what he did is an actual improvement. What Mars needs is for foreign powers to fuck off so the local criminals can't play favorites with a powerful organization that governs the land.
>>
>>15387347
>one less evil for the mafias and corporations to collude with on Mars
That isn't actually good, less competition and less people to get in your way

You want to fuck up some business with your mafia buddies? Well maybe Ghorn don't like that so nope, oh wait they are gone and now you guys have the most power. Kinda like in the middle east, you topple a dictator and it doesn't just turn all nice.

Whoever is the biggest just takes unrestricted power
>>
>>15387359
>You want to fuck up some business with your mafia buddies? Well maybe Ghorn don't like that so nope
Or...

You want to fuck up some business with your mafia buddies? Just call in those Gjallarhorn guys and they'll crush the business with their MS.

The reality is that people are on a much more even playing field with the mafia once Gjallarhorn gets out of the way.

>Kinda like in the middle east, you topple a dictator and it doesn't just turn all nice.
The middle east is the way it is because the US has been doing exactly what Gjallarhorn did... Providing weapons and intervention for their favorite side... Those crazy jihadis can be traced back to groups initially trained and supplied by the US and some are still supplied directly or not.
>>
>>15385936
every fucking weapon that is shot from the orbit is a civilian mass muder, you idiot. everything is in your target list and a kinect bombardment makes almost everything be child's play in terms of power
>>
File: 1465850995671.gif (917KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1465850995671.gif
917KB, 250x251px
>>15385518
>HAHHAHAH I have stopped the reformation movement
>now to reform Gjalahorn on my own
>>
>>15387387
>Or...
No not or, yes some people lost an ally while some still have their and nothing to stop them. Certain groups now have more power and less restrictions meaning they will take power

>The middle east is the way it is because the US has been doing exactly what Gjallarhorn did
Irrelevant, in this case they have already destabilized mars, now you take out a corner stone of power and shit will go from bad to worse

>Providing weapons
They literally have them underground
>>
>>15387243
I thought he was. I liked the games he played when it came to tactics. Something about it was just in that cool scummy realm
>>
>>15385518
It's amazing how well everything worked out for him.
Not only is he on track to go down as the greatest figure of the age but his new system seems likely to be quite stable with Juli as his successor as she's pretty much unchallenged as his second (Iok being dead and Gali's new mission apparemtly being to make Juli deliciously thicc)
>>
>>15387401
>every fucking weapon that is shot from the orbit is a civilian mass muder

>shoot dainsleif into empty desert

>civillian mass murder
>despite the fact that the nearby gjall are unscathed
>civillian mass murder

?????????????????????????????
>>
>>15387387
>The reality is that people are on a much more even playing field with the mafia
A more even playing field meaning a power vacuum everyone wants to fill with no global military to control them
>>
>>15387463
Well you're a dumbass.
>>
>>15385528
>>15385886
>>15386670
>>15387150
His goal was a democratic transition the whole time. Episode 44 8 minutes in. His criticism of Choco and his understanding of the importance of the history and "group-ness" of Ghallahorn is the window into into his beliefs.
>>
>>15387509
>His goal was a democratic transition the whole time.
Man these Rustal trolls are easy to detect. The fact that they have to make up bullshit is even sweeter
>>
>>15387509
>His goal was a democratic transition the whole tim
No it wasn't. The show did literally fuck all with proving that was the case.
> His criticism of Choco and his understanding of the importance of the history and "group-ness" of Ghallahorn is the window into into his beliefs.
And this is also wrong.
>>
>>15387509
> and "group-ness" of Ghallahorn
That wouldn't stop in a democracy, especially a worldwide one which would mean some substantial parties likely requiring to be built up of smaller ones

Doubly so as it would out of the remnants of Ghallahorn who wouldn't stop their group mentality as it gives them advantages
>>
>tekkaden didn't give a shit about making things better
>they just wanted wealth and power for themselves
>rustal wanted to create a better gjallhorn for future generations
>but tekkadan are the good guys, honest!!
>>
File: IronBloodedButthurt.png (393KB, 1786x814px) Image search: [Google]
IronBloodedButthurt.png
393KB, 1786x814px
>>15387517
>>15387529
>>15387534
You see here's the thing. You are wrong, because we have the result. Rustal doesn't do something unless he wants to.
>>
>>15387557
Man these Rustal trolls sure are easy detect.
>>
>>15387554
>rustal wanted to create a better gjallhorn for future generations
I love this meme
>>15387557
>You are wrong because of the narration
Kek
>>
File: RustalDefined.jpg (627KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RustalDefined.jpg
627KB, 1500x1000px
>>15387557

Best IBO villain, best Gundam field commander by a fantastically wide margin.
>>
>>15387583
Is what it is. If you wanna raise the budget to hire people to remake the last 7 or so episodes and get approval from sunrise feel free.
>>
>>15387583
he literally says it out loud. jesus christ you guys are retarded
>>
>>15385936
>I don't see any problem in using something like the Dainsleif. It's not nuclear, chemical or capable of mass civilian murder.
>In the case of the system mentioned in the 2003 Air Force report above, a 6.1 m × 0.3 m tungsten cylinder impacting at Mach 10 has a kinetic energy equivalent to approximately 11.5 tons of TNT (or 7.2 tons of dynamite).
Now consider the Dainsleif are at least 5 times bigger and Mars atmosphere is thinner so it will get slowed less.
Yeah, it totally won't do shit, you can walk it off.
>>
>>15387603
Man these Rustal trolls are easy to detect
>>15387607
Nah I'm good. Besides SRW will fix all these when it gets in.
>>15387608
Maybe in your fanfiction
>>
I cant wait till this gets into SRW and Rustal becomes Treize except successful in rehabilitating Earth's tyrannical military.
>>
>>15387627
>Rustal becomes Treize
You Rustalfags sure are delusional
>>
>>15387614
Why would you try to apply real physics to IBO now?

We saw a dozen of them launched from orbit and they didn't have that effect.
>>
>>15387627
>implying he wont just keep committing false flags against himself to hold authority
>>
>>15387637
>We saw a dozen of them launched from orbit and they didn't have that effect.
Yes, it was way bigger than that.
>>
>>15387625
>Gjallarhorn pilots are part of the SRW protagonists
Fixed
>>
>>15385518
So, rise and fall of Imperial Japan, as told by Japan
>>
File: 1471332000941.png (598KB, 585x651px) Image search: [Google]
1471332000941.png
598KB, 585x651px
>>15387668
>Terada doing this much work
>>
>>15387668
Gali and Juli are automatic join. McGillis is secret.
>>
The asspain is off the charts
>>
>>15387440
You're describing how Mars was. It's the exact same but with one powerful group.

No not irrelevant. The ME is in turbulence because foreign superpowers constantly meddle in the region. Gjallarhorn, like the US and Russia, have an economic motive to destabilize the region either for direct benefit or for the benefit of their allies in the region. Except in this case it's so they get cheap half-metal and workers. Mars wasn't destabilized by the pull-out, it was in a constant state of flux already except with a few guys benefiting hand over fist. Gjallarhorn Mars wasn't even an actual government, it was just a bunch of guys with MS on a handful of military outposts and the Arianrhod fleet acted as a separate entity as far as we know, so Gjallarhorn on Mars wasn't even stable internally much less providing any stability for the planet.

If you remove Gjallarhorn then things go from bad to bad to better. There's no change other than the fact that groups, like Kudelia and Teiwaz, who actually want a stronger spacenoid economy and better trade terms with Earth, can make a move to stabilize the region.
>>
>>15387471
Well, the Gjallarhorn units were warned and got the fuck out beforehand. A surprise kinetic bombardment is going to kill everyone.
>>
>>15387614
11.5 tons of TNT is about the yield of the moab. It's the most powerful conventional bomb the US has but it's child's play compared to even the smallest yielding nuke. I don't even get the point you're making. Dainsliefs are an improvement of conventional weaponry? Duh?
>>
>>15387694
A surprise regular bombard is going to kill everyone too. The difference is that the dainsliefs somehow are more precise and accurate than explosives, which are typically expressly intended to cause collateral damage.
>>
>>15387669
>So, rise and fall of Imperial Japan, as told by Japan
Nobody on /m/ knows history enough to perform this kind of reading on the show.
>>
>>15387229
Clever way to put across the revolution's goal being achieved at the same making it look like proper authority won so the overall conclusion would not draw ire of PTA.
>>
>>15387700
>I don't even get the point you're making. Dainsliefs are an improvement of conventional weaponry? Duh?
Yes, because >>15385936 think Dainsleif are not weapons capable of mass civilian murder for some retarded reason.
>>
>>15387229

I'll take this.
>>
File: 1470685686501.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470685686501.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>15387763
>Clever way
>>
>>15387603
>"just bombard them then finish off whatever remains" makes for the best field commander in the franchise
>>
>>15387961
The difference is that Bright had to use nukes and still couldn't put a dent in char.
>>
File: 1459126080460.png (161KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1459126080460.png
161KB, 500x313px
>>15385528
>>15385886
Rustal = Pinochet

Okada's more woke than we thought.
>>
>>15385518
best gundam series of this decade!
>>
>>15387967
When did Bright try to nuke Char??
>>
>>15388063
CCA.

Tried and failed multiple times.

And when he did succeed he still sent Earth half an asteroid as a present.
>>
>>15388063
CCA, the missiles get shot down by Char and Gyunei's funnels.
>>
>>15388082
>>15388095
Well, yeah. But what against a big chunk of space rock, not char specifically. They would shoot it if he was there or not.
>>
>>15388082
>>15388095
Axis, not Char.
>>
Wouldn't Dainsleiff rounds burn up upon reentry?
>>
>>15388126
Mars has a much thinner atmosphere.. Im pretty sure Lupus is dropped from fucking space in the first episode and i dont think it did anything
>>
>>15388126
DO NOT QUESTION THE POWER OF THE CROSSBOW PILE BUNKER
>>
>>15387603
>Gundam field commander by a fantastically wide margin.

Only because of plot amor.
>>
>>15388160
>plot amor
what do they mean by this?
>>
>>15388126
Nanolaminate can survive the re-entry of Earth's atmosphere. That Graze that Mika rode into Earth was mostly fine, except some armor pieces falling off due to the friction pull it apart.
>>
>>15388164
Why are you in a gundam thread if you don't know what plot armor is?
>>
File: Rustal_Elion.jpg (35KB, 692x389px) Image search: [Google]
Rustal_Elion.jpg
35KB, 692x389px
A conclusion that I came to, that no one else on this thread seemed to find, is that Rustal did what he did at the end of the series to prevent another Tekkadan from being born. Rustal was a smart commander who was able to deal with the McGillis/Tekkadan rebellion and overcome it pretty easily, but I'm sure that was the closest he's evercome to loosing and dying. I mean hell, he and Iok were inches away from becoming a Dainsleif shis kabob at the hands of Shino if it wasn't Julieta saving his ass at the last minute.

So now that the battle is won, what do you do to prevent enemies as strong or stronger from attacking you again. You make yourself look like the good guy. Rustal turned Gjallarhorn into a democracy, a more palitable and less controversional governing system. He then gave Mars the independence it always wanted, making him look like the Gjallarhorn leader that the martians can finally get behind and work with. And finally teaming up with Mars' leader Kudelia to improve the rights of human debris, getting rid of the only people desperate and insane enough to use Gundams and the AV system.

All this forever securing his postion and comfort in life. In the end making the world generally a better place for everyone. I didn't like Rustal, and I certainly wanted to seem him dead. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think this was the best possible outcome.
>>
>>15388126
Why would they? These rounds are made to pierce through heavy armor of a Mobile Armor. Something with that much density would be the equivalent to the real life 'Rods from God' idea and wouldn't burn up.
>>
>>15388188
Rustal trolls are closing in as the most retarded base here on /m/
>>
>>15388180
Explain the plot armour that this character had anon
>>
>>15388188
I think most people saying "Rustal is a good leader that knows when to do stuff to stay in charge" actually think that, they just expand on it less. It's pretty obvious that he wouldn't make Mars independent just because he's good.
>>
File: 1446195503100.jpg (106KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446195503100.jpg
106KB, 500x500px
>>15388197
>guy moves on from Galifags to Rustalfags
>Rustal still won in the end
>>
>>15388199
Shino's dainsleif not skewering him.
>>
>>15388212
Feels great that Rustal won in a poorly written show indeed
>>
>>15388226
Better than losing in a poorly written show.
>>
>>15388226
If its poorly written then why does it matter if Rustal or Tekkadan won?
>>
>Feels great that Rustal won in a shit show indeed because I said so
fixed
>>
>>15388239
>Rustal winning satisfies me greatly regardless of the circumstances or the quality of the show because I get justification against anons on the internet by endorsing a bad show

This is A/Z's ending all over again isn' t it? The people who are happy with it just look retarded.
>>
>>15388202
You're probably right. I just wanted to share my two cents on the subject since no one else was saying the way I was.
>>
It was a better ending than I expected from the rest of IBO.
>>
>>15388261
what are you going to do?
beat them up and make them think like you?
start another war just like IBO? :^)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9FSC14fzA
>>
>>15388284
Nah just laugh at them. Its like seeing a kid defend something like Suicide Squad unironically.
>>
>>15388221
Isn't it just as much of plot armor that Shino, Mika, and Guts didn't get instantly skewered by Dainslief?
>>
>>15388239
Feels good man.
Ending was shit but Team Meat got to salt their meat and that's all that matters.
>>
>>15388322
That doesn't matter. It still killed them even if it wasn't instant.
>>
File: 1490817130900.jpg (28KB, 180x218px) Image search: [Google]
1490817130900.jpg
28KB, 180x218px
>>15388188
>a smart commander
Sure is nice having the ultimate weapon that can wreck everyone and everything comfortably from miles away. Present this man with the eternal genius of mankind award for literally Deus Ex Machina-ing every threat away - while at the same time being immune to the one Dainsleif shot fired at him.
>>
never come here so I don't know what you guys think, but what a crappy show.
I like the ending and Juliet is the best, but that and the first arc of this season are the only good parts.
Everything after, with the villains, characters and their roles in the story, and the way they die, such garbage. And Macky, I'm still waiting for him to do something amazing, Christ, what an idiot.
1st season isn't much better but I would say it does all of the stuff I cared to complain about better.

Julieta is bae.
Now I leave this shit board full of women.
>>
>>15389179
>Cries when someone has Dainslef
>Uses it himself and in abundance

It's okay when Rustal uses it
>>
>>15389519
Sounds like a normal politician to me
>>
>>15389519
When the others get control of all media sources then they can cry about it too
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.